• Published 16th Jan 2019
  • 21,335 Views, 3,306 Comments

To Be a Changeling - PlagueRat



A newly hatched changeling feels like the world around is more strange than it should be but can't understand why.

  • ...
42
 3,306
 21,335

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 69

Leaning forward in her director’s chair and looking over her fore-hooves that she held pressed together in front of her muzzle, Trixie watched in rapt attention as a pair of changelings tangoed in front of her. Up on their hind legs, barrels practically touching and almost muzzle to muzzle, the couple moved in a near perfect synchronicity with the accompanying music.

“Spiracle and Cercus are really amazing, aren’t they,” Thorax, sitting in his own chair to the left of the unicorn, said proudly.

“I don’t see the point in all this,” grumbled Pharynx, the king’s older brother, who chose to sit on a rock ‘like a real changeling’ instead of a chair.

“Shush!” Trixie said, holding out a foreleg in the sibling’s direction while still keeping her eyes on the dancers.

Thorax leaned back and scrunched up his muzzle, slightly surprised by the sudden appearance of the light blue limb in front of his face. Pharynx, on the other hoof, narrowed his soft violet eyes at the appendage and had to restrain himself from snapping at it.

Soon the dance came to an end and the couple froze in a final pose as the music stopped. One of Cercus lime colored forelegs wrapped behind Spiracle’s turquoise elytra while his other held up one of her extended hind legs. This allowed Spiracle to arch herself backwards so far that her horn almost touched the floor. Applause quickly erupted around the chamber as the audience of changelings clopped their hooves together or against the ground in approval.

“They are definitely going,” Trixie said as she clapped along.

“I agree!” concurred a beaming Thorax.

“Whatever,” muttered a frowning Pharynx.

“Got it!” said Clypeus, a rose hued changeling who was perched atop a stool on the show-mare’s right side.

Using the tooth marked pencil in her mouth, she checked off two boxes on a piece of paper attached to the clipboard she held.

“Who’s next?” inquired Trixie.

“Let me see, let me see, let me see…” repeated Clypeus as she ran her hoof down the page. “Ah, it's Oocyte’s turn!”

“We’ll need to set up for her first!” a voice called from the crowd.

A small swarm of multicolored changelings converged into the center of the chamber and quickly went to work constructing something with the various objects they carried. However, before any creature could discern as to what they were building, a long piece of thick rope was stretched from one wall to the other and a red velvet curtain was attached to it, completely blocking the audience’s view.

“What kind of dance will Oocyte be performing?” Trixie asked curiously.

“She didn’t say,” Clypeus answered as she flipped through her notes.

“She wasn’t with Cirque du Pon’neigh, was she?” Trixie hazard a guess after seeing a pair of changelings carrying a golden pole disappear behind the curtain.

“I’m not sure,” admitted Thorax, “but she used to be an infiltrator in Manehattan and dancing was part of her cover.

Finishing whatever they had been building behind the curtain, the crew of workers flew up to the chamber’s ceiling next and began to secure sheets of dark fabric over some holes in the hive's roof. Once they had felt the proper amount of light had been cut off to create the proper ambiance for Oocyte’s performance they returned to the ground and inspected their work one last time.

“We’re good to go!” a light teal changeling among the crew declared aloud, gave a salute and then circled behind the curtain.

Smiling at a job well done, the remainder of the workers rejoined their fellow hive mates in the audience once more and murmurs of anticipation began to echo throughout the crowd.

“Good evening everyling!” a voice hollered loudly above the din; even though it was really just before noon. “May I have your attention please?!”

Any discussions the spectators were having amongst themselves promptly ceased and all eyes faced forward. The light teal changeling reemerged from behind the curtain, now wearing an open vest with a golden chain around his neck and balancing a record atop his head. He trotted over to the copper horned phonograph the previous dancers had used to play their music and switched out the last record for the one he carried.

“It is the hive's great pleasure that we bring to you tonight's performance!” he read aloud from the parchment. “Coming all the way from Manehatten, please put your hooves together for the enticing, the alluring, the captivating, Oocyte!”

Cheers erupted from the audience as the music began and the curtain parted to reveal a small stage.

“Oh…” Trixie began to utter at the sight.

A lone figure stood at the center of the stage, their back to the spectators and wearing a pure white hooded cloak accentuated by a feathered collar. At their side the polished golden pole had been secured vertically to the stage’s floor thanks to a generous glob of changeling resin.

“My…” the show-mare continued as the music started to build in volume.

A lilac hued hoof reached around the side of the cloak, gripped the garment and casted it away dramatically.

“Celestia,” finished the wide eyed and blushing unicorn.

Dressed in silky white lingerie, featuring lacey frills at her hips and sporting matching stockings on all four of her legs, Oocyte looked seductively over her withers at the audience. After giving a wink of her shimmering green eyes, the changeling reared up, gripped the pole using the crook of a fore hoof and kicked herself off from the floor. Around the pole she spun thrice and then by shifting her weight during one of the rotations, ended the maneuver hanging upside down with her hind legs wrapped about the pole.

Using her lithe abdominal muscles, the performer pulled herself up and clenched the pole by her forelegs so she could right. Then, as her body pressed against the pole's golden surface, the changeling lowered down onto her haunches, straddled the pole and arched herself backwards.

“Okay, this kind of dancing I like,” said a smirking Pharynx.

“It’s very interesting,” Thorax innocently agreed and clapped his hooves together.

Setting her heavily lidded sights toward the crowd, the violet tinted dancer stepped away from the pole. Turning to display herself at a profile, she leisurely stretched her front whilst keeping rear aloft. After an enticing sway of her plot from side to side, she lowered her entire body to the floor and rolled onto her back. Slowly she ran one forelimb up the other, pushing a stocking off onto her hoof tip and then tossed it toward the three judges. It landed perfectly atop Pharynx’s mandible shaped horns.

“T-trixie thinks she has seen enough,” stammered the slightly embarrassed unicorn.

Pulling herself up once more, Oocyte stalked in the direction of her audience, putting one hoof in front of another and freely swaying her hips as she moved in a seductive grate to the music’s beat. With practiced ease she slipped one of her rear limbs out from a stocking and flicked the garment casually over her back where it joined its partner; on Pharynx’s head and covering up one of his eyes.

Her momentum never ceasing, the dancer suddenly snapped open her elytra when she reached the edge of the stage and leapt into the air. Displaying her lustrous, transparent, baby blue wings, she silently glided like a leaf over to Trixie and landed just a single step away from the magician. Then, after a little twirl, she closed the distance, wrapped a foreleg around the unicorn’s withers and placed her rear in the mare’s lap.

Trixie could see her very surprised expression reflected clearly in Oocyte’s solid emerald eyes as the changeling looked deeply into her own. If she noticed or cared at how awkward the unicorn was feeling, the changeling didn’t let on. Instead she tenderly slid her opposite fore-hoof up the mare’s chest and around her shoulder only to slip away sporting an impish smile; but not before leaving behind another one of her stockings draped loosely around Trixie’s neck like a scarf.

With the unicorn frozen in her seat and cheeks brightly glowing, Oocyte’s turned her attention to Thorax next. Moving fluidly, she circled around behind him, placed one of her forelegs over his shoulder and extended a hind leg along the side of his chair so he could watch closely as she removed another stocking. Once the limb became free, she lowered it and dropped the still warm garment into the smiling king’s hooves.

Strutting on her now completely bare legs, and keeping a generous sway in her stride, the dancer returned to the stage. Any Creature watching her at this moment might have also noticed that the lace frills on her lingerie came up and around her hips in such a manner that it made her rear look like a perfect white heart.

As music began to soften gradually and the curtain started to close in front of her, Oocyte took one last glance over her withers and blew the animated audience a kiss.

“Clypeus,” muttered Trixie, her expression shell-shocked.

“Yes?” the changeling chirped.

“Going forward anyling participating in the tryouts will have to tell us what kind of dance they’ll be preforming…”

PreviousChapters Next