• Published 17th May 2019
  • 1,607 Views, 897 Comments

Starcraft: Warriors of Purity - Xarmar13



Bon Bon and Lyra are sent to the Koprulu Sector on a quest for vengeance.

  • ...
10
 897
 1,607

PreviousChapters Next
Liberty: Ragnarok on Valhalla

Sweetie returned to the armory to check in with Swann about any new upgrades. What she saw was Swann with a concerned look on his face.

“Hey ranger, what the hell happened to our leader? He looked really rough, sayin’ he saw something ‘bout the end of the world or somethin’.” Swann said.

“He must have been looking at that Protoss relic we acquired recently. It’s pretty much the Protoss version of a video journal. His old friend, Zeratul, wanted us to look at it. I guess he got a head start on it.”

“Hope he snaps out of it soon.” Swann then changed the subject. “So, you here to check out the newest tech?” Sweetie nodded. “Well, I took a look at our structures and I realized that they lacked something that shoulda been put into each structure a long time ago, like years ago: a fire suppression system.” Sweetie was curious about the technology, as a system like that could be very useful back in Equestria. “I also made some changes to the Command Center schematics to include a built in comsat module to replace the old comsat stations. They not only have the same functions as the addons, but they can also call down a prototype Mobile Utility Lunar Excavator or MULE. They gather minerals better than SCVs but their power supply is crap. They run out of juice after about a minute.”

“Is it worth using that function?”

“Sure, they don’t cost nothin’ and all it takes is a little juice from the Orbital Command Center. So I say it’s practically free labor.”

Swann moved on to the next bit of hardware in the armory. “I made some improvements to the Medivac Dropships. Though, thanks to the Hercules and the more efficient Medics, they didn’t improve their usefulness very much. Rapid Deployment Tubes let troops drop off faster and the Advanced Healing AI lets it heal twice the number of troops with twice the rate of energy depletion.”

“I don’t think we will be seeing much use out of those. The Hercules can carry a lot more and bringing a few Medics along will pretty much cover all of the uses of the Medivac.” Sweetie pondered for a moment. “We have plenty of ground power at this time but we could really use the air support. Any chance on getting the Viking schematics?”

“Yeah, I got a guy who’s willing to sell me the Viking schematics. It’ll take some time to come to an agreement on the transaction, but I’ll get them soon. In the meantime, I managed to get the old Wraith schematics loaded up. They’ll have to do for now. I improved them a little with new power cells that let the ones that are fresh off the assembly line stay cloaked for longer. I also installed an improved cloaking field that lets cloaked Wraiths avoid projectiles twenty percent of the time.”

Sweetie sighed. “It’ll have to do. We need good air coverage for the battles ahead. I’m gonna go check on Jim.” Sweetie left the armory to go look for Raynor in the cantina.

Sweetie spotted the rebel leader looking slumped over and a bottle on the table. Raynor was startled awake from the sound of Sweetie’s hoofsteps. His movement knocked the bottle off the table, which Sweetie caught and put back on the table.

Sitting at the table, Sweetie addressed the rebel leader, “You look like you need someone to talk to.”

“Yeah, everything’s pilin’ up: Zeratul’s prophecy, seein’ Kerrigan again, these Hybrids showin’ up, fightin’ the Tal’darim over some artifact fragments...What’re we even doing?”

Sweetie took a moment to consider what to tell him, then decided to explain a few things. “What if I were to tell you that the completed artifact could be used to turn Kerrigan human again?”

Raynor looked Sweetie in the eyes, “I thought you needed Kerrigan to save the Zerg?”

“I do, but I also need to get the mutagen out of her system so Amon can stop trying to manipulate her. I’m sure you would prefer a Kerrigan that wasn’t acting like a total bitch, infested or not.”

“Yeah, well, not infested would be preferred.”


Tychus was the one who greeted Sweetie and Raynor when they returned to the bridge. “Y’know, I’ve been thinkin’ ‘bout Tyrador and I gotta say, there’s gotta be a better way to make a fast buck than divin’ headlong into an alien invasion,” Tychus said.

“Whether we get paid or not is irrelevant at this point, Tychus. We need to use the artifacts to stop the Queen of Blades,” Sweetie said.

“I didn’t sign up for no alien war.”

“No, but you do owe me for your freedom. Besides, the Zerg won’t stop their rampage until humanity goes extinct. So, you’re not safe whether you’re part of the war or not.”

Tychus growled. Before he decided to walk off, Matt offered a suggestion, “Perhaps we should make a move on the Dominion for the time being. The decrypted adjutant contains records proving Mengsk ordered the massacre on Tarsonis, now we just need to broadcast those records. Mira Han gave us a tip that might help. The Dominion is unveiling a new war machine called the ‘Odin’ on Korhal. If we hijack the Odin we can use it to gain access to the UNN studios and broadcast the records of Mengsk’s war crimes. The Odin is currently in the testing facility on Valhalla.”

“Any info on it?”

“It’s an experimental super heavy siege walker designed for prolonged frontline combat. Very powerful.”

Tychus looked at the video of the Odin in action. His eyes almost popped out of his head. “Sweet mother of mercy! It’s all my favorite holidays all wrapped into one!”

The Odin was massive. The armor of the bipedal combat walker was thick. It had about four artillery cannons on its back and shock cannons on its arms. It also contained a missile launcher to offer the machine some means of attacking air units. Despite all the destructive weaponry she saw, Sweetie had a feeling that there was more to the machine than what she saw.

“Just don’t wreck it, Tychus.” Raynor said.


Tychus, Sweetie, and a few Marines and Medics were deposited just outside the facility where the Odin was kept. Tychus planted a few charges to blow open the door. When the charges detonated, Tychus led the group into the assembly room.

Sweetie started sniping the guards before Tychus and the Marines engaged them. When the guards ahead noticed the intruders, they activated the auto-turrets. Sweetie locked down the turrets and used a Mindblast to eliminate a group of guards while sniping the Medics.

Once the area was cleared of guards, Tychus activated the assembly and the Odin’s parts were brought together. Tychus boarded the Odin and started getting a feel for the controls. Raynor told Tychus to hold his position but the convict wasn’t listening. He blew open the gate to the rest of the complex. When Raynor told Tychus to stand down, Matt informed him that his communicator was stuck on transmit and he couldn’t hear them.

When Sweetie found out about the issue, she charged toward the Odin and jumped on it. She then began to climb the massive mech toward the cockpit. Once on top of the Odin, Sweetie began angrily stomping her way toward the cockpit, making sure that Tychus could hear her. Once she was standing on the hatch, she began pounding on the metal of the machine with her fists, being careful not to smash the glass.

Tychus opened the hatch. “What’re you doin’ up there, Sweetie?”

Sweetie ground her teeth. She sent a harsh glare at Tychus. “Your communicator is stuck on transmit. Jim was trying to tell you to hold position and now the Dominion will be on our asses because you acted too early, you idiot,” she shouted.

“Whoa, relax. We got all the firepower we need with this thing,” Tychus responded.

Sweetie took a moment to calm herself before making Tychus do a comms check to make sure he was both receiving and transmitting.

Satisfied, Sweetie climbed off the Odin and ran to the base being set up.

A pair of Dominion Battlecruisers moved toward Tychus to destroy the Odin. Swann had a few Wraiths ready to take on the Battlecruisers. They engaged their cloaking and let the Odin take the brunt of Battlecruiser fire while the Wraiths shot down the capital ships.

Lyra considered sneaking ahead and taking on some of the Dominion bases, but Sweetie rejected the idea on the notion that the Dominion may have Orbital Command Centers that they could use to reveal her location. Instead, Sweetie had Lyra focus on keeping any Dominion attack parties away from the base.

Meanwhile, a significant number of Wraiths were manufactured and sent to protect the Odin. A few SCVs were also sent to make sure the Odin stayed in good shape since it needed to be that way for the Korhal presentation. A few Science Vessels were also built to keep the Wraiths in the air and assist in keeping the Odin repaired.

Once the Odin’s defenders were gathered, Raynor had Tychus engage the nearby Dominion base. Sweetie followed the Odin into the base. She got a firsthand look at the Odin’s destructive capabilities and couldn’t help but feel impressed with what humanity had built.

Speaking of human invention, Sweetie’s TNOD was reacting to nearby nuclear weapons. Since the changes in Terran technology, Science facilities were now used for what they were supposed to be made for, science. The Nuclear Silo and Covert Ops addons were put together into one structure called a Ghost Academy. In some ways it made sense to put Ghosts and Nukes in one place, in other ways it didn’t because of the risk of trainees suffering from nuclear fallout.

After leveling the first base, Tychus took a break and opened a can of beer that he had been carrying with him for some reason.

Sweetie decided on a preemptive strike against the next base by launching their own Nukes against them. By the time Tychus was ready for the next attack, Sweetie had already leveled a good amount of the second base.

Tychus came in and finished the base off. He began bombarding areas with the massive cannons on the Odin’s back.

Since Tychus had the rest under control, Sweetie scouted the next base. With the defenses becoming more formidable, Sweetie called in Hel’s Angels and Jackson’s Revenge to add to Tychus’ air support.

Thankfully for Sweetie, the Dominion in the area were stupid enough to reload their Nuclear Silos. She got off a few more Nuclear Strikes before Raynor let Tychus advance.

With the attacks against the Raiders base becoming increasingly scarce, Lyra decided to move against the Dominion on her own. Discovering the lack of Orbital Command Centers, Lyra informed Sweetie of her discovery before attacking any Dominion outside the range of the Ravens’ detection area. When she saw one, Lyra caused a Feedback that took down the drones. Sweetie arrived at the base that Lyra was attacking and took advantage of their foolish decision to keep reloading their silos by using their own Nukes against them.

Tychus finished off the fourth base while Sweetie and Lyra were opening the way for Tychus at the final base and he decided to take the time to use the facilities built into the machine, which sort of made sense to Sweetie for it to have one.

The Wraiths guarding Tychus went after a prototype Battlecruiser called the Loki. Just like most Battlecruisers, it was still not designed to handle a large number of fighters and fell from the air just like any other Battlecruiser.

Feeling like they did enough damage to the last base and sinking every Battlecruiser there, Sweetie and Lyra withdrew and let Tychus deal the finishing blow by launching a Nuke that was loaded in the Odin. The blast finished off the remnants of the Dominion in the facility.

With the Odin secured, it was only a matter of smuggling the Odin with Tychus in it to Korhal where they would soon cause some havoc in Augustgrad.

PreviousChapters Next