• Published 17th May 2019
  • 1,595 Views, 859 Comments

Starcraft: Warriors of Purity - Xarmar13



Bon Bon and Lyra are sent to the Koprulu Sector on a quest for vengeance.

  • ...
10
 859
 1,595

PreviousChapters
Epilogue: The Dawn of Exploration

Over the course of half a year, Sweetie Drops visited the numerous Changeling hives that dotted Equus. While many were open to negotiation because they were sick of their lifestyle of living off love for their entire existence, some became hardened by the harsh life they were forced to live and were hostile to anyone outside their hive.

Sweetie had no problem dealing with them through a show of force and prove herself as the superior Overqueen of the Changelings. Her adventures in the Koprulu Sector had made her one of the most powerful beings on Equus.

After a few demonstrations of her power and the power of her Brood were made, the other Queens spread word of her power and they soon flocked to Sweetie for the sake of their own survival.

While the Changelings remained wary of Celestia, they were alright with Sweetie being their voice in the Equestrian government.

Progress was made in Equestria as well. Using the knowledge she gained from Valerian’s political experience, Celestia was able to drain the political power from the nobility and replace the council with a different one using representatives of each town and city in Equestria that were elected by the people.

Blueblood was forced to act as Sweetie’s proxy in the Equestrian government for years to come. Every decision that the unofficial Princess wanted to contribute to would be made through him. He was also appointed as the diplomat to the Changelings. Occasionally he had to leave Canterlot for a few days to maintain the illusion that he was upholding his duties as a diplomat.

Meanwhile, Celestia began spreading a rumor of a new Princess that would join the ranks of royalty at some point in the future but for the time being would remain unnamed because of Sweetie’s wishes. Sweetie would, however, give anonymous interviews in disguise to give credence to those rumors.

Shortly after the infection, Blueblood made a public announcement to absolve the former S.M.I.L.E. agents of the crimes they were accused and used his own funds to erect a monument dedicating the agency as the heroes of Equestria that they truly were.

Classes were being held in a forum in Canterlot, where many of the scientific and engineering minds of Equestria were in attendance. Twilight Sparkle attended every scientific forum offered by the new guests.

Ariel Hanson gave lectures on Terran medical science and bio-engineering while leaving out the “Terran” part until Celestia’s big reveal of life beyond their world. Her lectures had introduced new ideas in the Equestrian medical industry and within the next few years, the overall mortality rate had dropped ten percent; a significant improvement.

Egon Stetmann brought to light new branches of scientific research and new technologies that eventually introduced the computer to Equestria. Through the technical advice of Stetmann, the development of the computer was expedited faster than humanity developed their systems. The development rate of technology eventually slowed to about the same rate that humans improved their systems after Stermann taught the Ponies everything he knew.

Because of this, Ponies soon looked to the stars and imagined what was beyond their world.

Rory Swann introduced motorized vehicles to Equestria as well as a number of other machines that improved the production rate within factories while the workers were retrained in the maintenance of those machines.

When asked about his mechanical arm, Swann told them how it worked. This brought another branch of the medical industry into being with the introduction of mechanical prosthetics.

When his work was done and he taught Equestria everything he knew, he secretly had a Protoss ship take him back to the Koprulu Sector while the Equestrians believe he had mysteriously disappeared.

Kerrigan and Raynor mysteriously disappeared from the Koprulu Sector. None of the sector’s denizens knew what happened to the new Xel’naga and the man she loved. At the same time, a mysterious pair of ponies, one a rugged white Earth Pony stallion with a black mane and tail and brown eyes and the other a purple Pegasus mare with a red mane and tail and green eyes, appeared and registered as citizens of Equestria. They built a farm on the outskirts of Ponyville where they would live their lives in peace.

Since Blueblood’s “change of heart,” an investigation was opened into discovering the truth about what really happened to the agency. Although there was no evidence to prove it, the investigators did find reasonable cause to believe that Blueblood was involved due to his change in behavior. Princess Celestia informed the investigators of what really happened and the testimony of one who witnessed the whole thing would talk to them when she became available but also assured them that while she knew he was guilty, he was actually serving a lifetime punishment. She simply left out the part about Blueblood’s permanent upstairs roommate.

As the years went by, however, Blueblood started losing his grasp on his sanity as he questioned whether his words or his actions were his own or the will of his puppet master.

As a hero to the colony, Lyra was chosen to act as their diplomat. Celestia felt that Equestria wasn’t ready to meet the Protoss yet and would need to gradually introduce the new race to the population by circulating stories about them before leading some explorer like Daring Do to them who will publicize her findings and she could officially begin diplomacy. Celestia would reveal the story of Lyra’s and Sweetie’s adventures in the Koprulu sector in time when the nation was ready.

Since Lyra’s life and Sweetie’s life were literally bound together, she could take her time on that long term plan.


Years passed and Protoss were soon introduced to the Equestrians. They were well received since they were no strangers to warrior cultures like the Minotaurs.

When the time came for the fated world summit, Celestia introduced the nations to the source of their sudden technological boom in the form of minds that originated from beyond the stars.

While they met Celestia with jealousy and anger, Celestia explained that she wanted her nation’s technological growth to stabilize before the reveal to prevent some reckless scientist from a foreign country from misusing dangerous technology which the other diplomats had to admit to having at least one or two that they knew. Celestia was prepared to offer them a place in a new world order where the nations would unite into a single organization with the purpose of moving beyond Equus and exploring new worlds. She had convinced scholars to move into other nations to teach them what they learned in Equestria long before the summit.

The diplomats knew of this and were somewhat convinced of Celestia’s intent on spreading her people’s knowledge. They were still uncertain whether she had an ulterior motive beyond global unification through a common interest. Several representatives said ‘no’, but Celestia kept the offer open for them should they change their minds in the hope that they only needed a few decades to think it over.

The Minotaurs decided to offer the services of their forges to the Equestrians in the construction of their first spacecraft. What they didn’t say was that their decision was influenced when a rocket-powered outhouse landed in their territory and what appeared to be a Minotaur in a CMC suit and carrying an advanced-looking rifle emerged from it. The rocket exploded, stranding their visitor. The Minotaurs were in awe by his awesomeness that they agreed to work with Equestria to build him a new space worthy vessel.


It wasn’t long after the summit that the progressive-minded ponies had enough influence in society to convince the people to give the Changelings a chance to become a part of the future. What they weren’t expecting was one of their own was not only leading the entire race along with a race of vicious-looking creatures that obeyed her like she had an army of pets, but she was also the mysterious princess that the rumors had mentioned for years.

When the right questions were asked, Celestia and Sweetie agreed that they couldn’t keep her secret status a secret for much longer. Sweetie had plenty of time to mentally prepare herself for her official coronation as a Princess of Equestria. She wasn’t looking forward to being in the public eye constantly, but she was willing to put up with it since Lyra would be with her every step of the way.

It would only be a matter of time until the denizens of Equus perfect space travel. But they won’t be exploring it blind as they will have the guidance and the Protoss and the protection of her Zerg as they explore the infinite cosmos.

Author's Note:

We have reached the end of the story. I hope you enjoyed the ride.

I tried to wrap up as many loose ends in this chapter as I could. Since this is the first story I have ever written, I feel like I left at least one or two unaccounted for.

If or when I decide to write another story, I hope to have improved by then.

I'd also like to thank Devela for prereading my stories from the beginning...pretty much.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 36 )

Any chance we can get an epilogue part 2 showing the ponies meeting the dominion or UED?

9843217
It'll be a long time before the UED decides to send another expedition beyond their own solar system since the previous one was completely wiped out. The Dominion will be working on rebuilding after the End War and dealing with whatever other future problems that arise such as the Defenders of Man incident. Swann may or may not give the coordinates to Equus, but that's up to him.

Your kidding right???

This can not be your first story. It was to good.

9843374
Thanks. Means a lot to know I can still impress with my amateur skills.

9843604
I do have question on this what ever happened to the queen that Kerregan put on the Protoss ship in heart of the Swarm in Canon

9844711
Niadra? You will have to look up on the wiki. Anything that happened after Amon's Fall is still following the canon storyline.

As the years went by, however, Blueblood started losing his grasp on his sanity as he questioned whether his words or his actions were his own or the will of his puppet master.

Oh... Is it really that vague? What I mean is, is the difference between him and the parasite really so blurred that he can’t tell which is in control at any given time?

If so then I was wrong. His punishment was exactly what he deserved. If it truly is that difficult to tell, than he will lose his sanity. Completely.

This story was amazing. The combat was a little bit list-like, but otherwise it was perfect.

It is a rare moment indeed when I write a comment with only three sentences. You should be proud. Five now.

9846537
I understood, but its just that I really couldn’t think of a good example of this exact kind of situation anywhere else in the fictional multiverse...

And yes, I was in character in the comment you replied to and out of character here. Shut up. I can do that if I want to. Perceived/Blue and I are the same person at the base of it, just in extremely different circumstances. Or my future circumstances, depending on just how weird the world that we call “real” is.

We’ll see which of those two is correct in two to three years. I would be both unsurprised and extremely happy if it turns out that the second one is true. Unsurprised, because it seems like my life has always been a weirdness magnet, and happy because it would give me something to keep living and to actually try for. This is one of the few things I allow myself to actually truly hope for, instead of just wanting it. Of course, I still expect nothing more than normality, but I can hope and I can hope that that hope will influence the events.

And you didn’t actually need to hear any of this, sorry.

So those two ended up there afterall.

Do I need to play any of the Starcraft games in order to understand this story?

10264799
Not necessarily, but it does help with the imagery. I didn't go through all of the missions in the campaigns in this story and some of the SC1 content were missions that were from the release version of SC1 that is no longer available. The SC1 Char chapters used references from one of the novels. I even used the fandom page to make the timelines as close to accurate as possible.

Your story is great but the thing that confuses me the most...

Why has this story not been featured yet?

I finished your story. I was a great journey. I shall re-autoreading it. Comment to every singel chapter :rainbowkiss:

How your not one of the most popular writers on fimfiction is a mystery to me :derpyderp1:

Magnificent how you take it from day one and expanded on it beyond the last day.

I think its literally my most favorit story yet.

10677234
At least I die with a raging boner

10676687
I can only guess the ones who are in charge of the featured section had a different opinion of my story.

10678477
Admiral went on the assumption that I would go with the "Ghost of a Chance" route in the WoL campaign.

10683262
Damn... Now that you mention it i remember it
... A elite squad attacking Raynors Base right?

10994737
Maybe, but then Sweetie would lose her ability to steal control of the Zerg from Kerrigan. My headcanon on that is the Overmind is at the top of the Zerg control hierarchy and so the Swarm would listen to him first and foremost over secondary controllers like Kerrigan and the broodmothers. Since the Overmind parasite is in Sweetie's head then her control ability filters through the parasite and the Zerg accept her commands over Kerrigan.

10995318
In this case it's a matter of picking your poison. In either case you die. You can be slaughtered by the diarchy of the Zerg or you can give your report to your superiors before you are psionically ripped apart. Take your pick. :twilightsmile:

10995351
Rough decision...How about skipping and try Asylum?

Onces again re-read trough. Glorious. Novas side misson would be a nice short sequel :rainbowkiss:

10997043
That's the problem with zealotry, makes you close minded and blind to common sense. Tal'darim are especially zealous toward Amon that they seem almost incapable of considering desertion or they fear that nowhere is safe from the Death Fleet that would hunt them down if they did seek asylum.

10997128
So unavoudable death... Neat...
Personaly i rather try my luck with another Protoss tribes. If one can only lose, then takes the least painful option unless one is to stubborn i guess?

Well this has been a fun 8/10 Great read. It would score higher but each mission was really condensed down into the barebones facts.

For a amazing story you shall receive...
A boop on your snoot!
*B-oo-P*

aaaaaaaaaaaaand JUST got done reading ALL of this story...

got to say..was not expecting this to be THIS good ngl

also..will be going on to the sequel.

..took me half a month to read this...sooo...gona start on the sequel rn

Always a pleasure to re-reading this story. It has two sequel by now :yay:

11694578
That is why I love the comment section, it helps me view things from other perspectives and suddenly something looks total differently.
Now that I think about it, in Multiplayer the enemy player indeed often target my Infested Terran under the swarm of hydralisk I often used as distraction.

11696552
No, there isn't a cheat for Solarite. I just did that to remove some unneeded story elements...though a Solarite cheat would have been great to have.

11703178
Ever since I saw Kerrigan turn into a fiery angel instead of one of those things out of Lovecraft, my headcanon has been that the form a Xel'naga takes depends on the race that ascends. It wasn't a hard leap in logic where a human turns into a burning angel so a pony can turn into an alicorn.

Plus, Ouros is old school and was probably at the end of his life anyway so even if he used the other method he was probably dead either way.

Login or register to comment