• Published 17th May 2019
  • 1,563 Views, 777 Comments

Starcraft: Warriors of Purity - Xarmar13



Bon Bon and Lyra are sent to the Koprulu Sector on a quest for vengeance.

  • ...
10
 777
 1,563

PreviousChapters Next
Liberty: Fragment of Hope

The open revolt against the Dominion and the destruction of their headquarters had shaken the Dominion garrison on the planet. The troops had withdrawn from the majority of civilized Mar Sara, leaving the citizens to breathe a sigh of relief as they began thanking Raynor’s Raiders for returning their freedom.

Reports have surfaced that the Dominion had, for the most part, withdrawn from Mar Sara except for an archaeological dig site. Sweetie began to suspect that there was something the Dominion wanted to dig up that they would risk control of the colony for it.

Sweetie, Lyra and Raynor returned to the bar to find that the owner had replaced the television that Raynor shot, along with a sign that said ‘Don’t shoot the screen’. Sweetie couldn’t help but laugh at Raynor’s expense.

The three sat at the bar to enjoy a drink. Thanks to their increased mental fortitude, Sweetie and Lyra had an increased alcohol tolerance.

After one glass each, the door to the bar opened. A large, imposing figure in a blue CMC suit with the number 435 on both shoulders and a pin-up on the left shoulder. The man was unarmed but Sweetie knew he could still do damage with the suit’s mechanics alone so she kept her guard up.

The figure walked up to Raynor, who had begun reaching for his gun, and spoke, “Y’know, for the most wanted people in the sector - you ain’t that hard to find. I had to see it for myself.” The visor opened to reveal a man with scars over his right eye and was smoking a cigar, which made Sweetie wonder if the helmet had decent ventilation. “Little Jimmy Raynor...the people’s hero.”

Raynor recognized the voice and relaxed. His hand went back to his drink. “Heh...Tychus Findlay…” He took another drink from his glass. “Nice suit.”

Sweetie had heard Raynor mention Tychus a few times in the past. She heard that he and Raynor had committed a number of crimes together in the past. Tychus sacrificed his freedom so that Raynor could go straight. The question was: how did Tychus get out of prison?

Tychus looked at Sweetie, “Move over, me and Jimmy need to talk business.”

Sweetie deadpanned, “I’m his second in command. Whatever you need to tell him you can tell me as well.”

Tychus shrugged, “Suit yerself.”

“So, I heard they put you on ice. Life sentence. What, did they give you time off for good behavior?” Raynor inquired.

“That’s right, old buddy. I’m a model citizen now.” Tychus joked. Sweetie rolled her eyes.

“Hate to break up this happy little reunion, but can we get to the business side of this conversation?” Sweetie asked.

“Okay, basically the Dominion are out here because they’re digging up alien artifacts. Your boy Mengsk has gone crazy for ‘em. But I got a contact that’ll pay top dollar for every artifact we...liberate from the Dominion.”

“I guess I can hardly pass that up, now can I, Tychus?” Raynor said.

“So, Sixty-fourty?” Tychus offered.

“Seventy-five-twenty-five, our way.” Raynor counter-offered. “The ladies are part of this deal as well.”

Tychus agreed to the deal and the four of them toasted to the new partnership.

The news came on to give their late-breaking news. Apparently, UNN had already gotten word of Raynor’s resurgence on Mar Sara. The anchorman, Donny Vermillion, was clearly speaking against Raynor’s Raiders while his reporter, Kate Lockwell was stating the facts based on what she found out.

Raynor asked Tychus about how he got out of his prison when he wasn’t supposed to be released at all. Tychus made up some story about busting out and killing a dozen guards with his bare hands. No one bought it. The matter was dropped quietly.

With the deal made, the group discussed their next operation. Naturally, they decided to investigate the dig site that had the most Dominion resistance on Mar Sara. An image of the dig site appeared from the command console.

“So, you’re saying there’s an alien artifact being dug up from that shaft?” Sweetie asked, referring to the huge gaping hole in the ground near a Dominion outpost.

“Dominion engineers’ve been digging out here for months. See that crane?” Tychus pointed to the crane hanging over the shaft. “They’re getting ready to move the artifact they found off world.”

“Alright. Time to give the Dominion a wake-up call. Let’s smash that base and haul that baby out of there.” Raynor said.


Feelings old and new filled Sweetie as she was once again leading Terran troops after four years of leading Protoss and mercenary work. It stands to reason that the buildings would be redesigned. This time the Command Centers do not have a slot for addons while the Barracks does. Supply Depots were smaller than their bulky predecessors and they could descend underground so troops can walk on them or elevate to temporarily impede enemy ground troops.

According to the latest talk about Terran innovations, most production and training facilities such as the Barracks, can be equipped with a Tech Lab which provides the necessary technology to allow the training or construction of a greater variety of troops or vehicles. This has eliminated the need for, frankly, unnecessary buildings such as Academies.

With the addition of Medics, a combination of them with Marines can deal with most situations.

While the base was being set up, with multiple Barracks being built to train up a large number of Marines and Medics, Lyra went ahead to scout for anything useful. She found some crates that held some Minerals and Vespene Gas canisters for Sweetie to use.

Lyra spotted a Dominion attack group heading for their base. She quickly bound them in a Maelstrom then electrocuted them with a Psionic Storm.

She spotted a group of Dominion guarding a few more crates of resources. She quickly dispatched them with a Storm Charge. Since Lyra didn’t have a way to transport the resources back to base herself, she returned to base and reported the resources for the SCVs to collect.

Raynor’s adjutant picked up on a rebel base that was under attack by the Dominion. While Tychus was glad to get some of the pressure off their backs, everyone else wanted to offer their assistance.

Sweetie led a large group of Marines and Medics toward the rebel base to find a number of Dominion Marines attacking them. Sweetie took out a good number of them with a Mindblast while her accompanying Marines dealt with the rest.

The rebels were quite relieved and grateful for the save. They agreed to join Raynor’s attack against the Dominion outpost. The rebels gathered up the resource crates in their small base and handed them off to the SCVs to be used for training more troops.

Once a large force was gathered, more than enough to steamroll through the Dominion, Sweetie and Lyra moved forward against the Dominion.

Raynor’s adjutant alerted them to a group of Helions approaching them. They were very fast four-wheeled vehicles with flamethrower turrets on top of them.

Sweetie locked down the Helions while the Marines blasted them.

Up ahead was a Bunker filled with Marines. Just like old times, Lyra snuck into the building and quietly eliminated the residents. Once again, she comes out of the Bunker with a bloodied shield.

Tychus, who had been watching the battles until now, was quite impressed with Lyra’s and Sweetie’s skills. “Jimmy, with your boys, my skills and those girls, we are gonna go a long way together.”

The group soon came into the enemy base and tore through the defenses before proceeding to quickly destroy all Dominion holdings.

With the dig site security neutralized, Raynor’s adjutant accessed the crane over the shaft and pulled up a mysterious black stone of strange design and a blue glow.

Sweetie had no idea what she was looking at but for some reason, she could sense the Overmind stirring from within her mind. She had no idea what it meant but decided to hold off on asking it for the time being.

PreviousChapters Next