• Published 17th May 2019
  • 1,605 Views, 897 Comments

Starcraft: Warriors of Purity - Xarmar13



Bon Bon and Lyra are sent to the Koprulu Sector on a quest for vengeance.

  • ...
10
 897
 1,605

PreviousChapters Next
Battle of the Void Part 3: The End of the End War

“Uhh...was that supposed to happen?” Raynor asked.

After Discord had given part of his essence to Sweetie to catalyze the ascension process, she instantly vanished into thin air. The Terrans, Zerg and Protoss were all concerned about what happened to their friend, Lyra included since she didn’t know how the ascension process worked.

Celestia and Luna appeared before the leaders before Discord explained, “Yes that was supposed to happen. It’s some Pony thing where they temporarily disappear into some Astral Realm where they witness their own past memories before coming back with wings and a horn.”

“Didn’t Sweetie already have wings and a horn?” Zagara asked.

“If only becoming a Xel’naga were as simple as genetic modifications in a Spawning Pool,” Discord said with dramatic effect. “But no, the essence of another Xel’naga is needed to ascend someone who bears Purity of Form and Essence like your former Queen.” He narrows his eyes at Zagara. “And you can tell that pronoun-hating geneticist of yours that if he ever tries to experiment with Xel’naga essence, he can expect an unpleasant visit from me,” he threatened, directed at Abathur.

Zagara sensed the weight of Discord’s threat and gulped. “I will be sure he knows.” Discord’s expression returned to normal.

During the conversation, Celestia had teleported away. Luna assured everyone that she was merely going to the Astral Realm to guide Sweetie back.

A few minutes later, Celestia returned with Sweetie who appeared different from before. While her leathery wings were replaced with large, feathery ones, her chitinous horn was replaced by a long, natural horn. Her chitinous armor was, strangely enough, replaced by what appeared to be a black dress suit.

Lyra was confused for a moment then rolled her eyes and walked up to Sweetie. “Really Bonnie? Your agency suit?”

“Hey! This is my favorite look. Besides, it’s a lot better than what they had at the agency,” Sweetie replied.

“You cast away all of your armor for that piece of Terran wear?” Zagara asked.

“You have no idea what this suit is made of. Its composed of a polymer of bio-steel and chitin fibers along with other highly durable organics. It can not only protect me from most attacks but can repair itself in the event that it does rip. I still possess the enhanced regeneration inherent in Zerg and I can do a lot more.” Sweetie shook some loose feathers from her wings. The feathers disappeared into the ground. A moment later, numerous tendrils burst from the ground and wrapped themselves around Zagara, binding her. She was released a few seconds later.

Sweetie adjusted her tie before she had everyone quickly board their ships. The Ponies boarded the Hyperion and everyone was on their way to catch up with Kerrigan.


Kerrigan’s explosive arrival on the landmass near Amon had dispersed all shadows on the platform for the time being. She took the time to scout the area and found that Amon had protected himself with a barrier that was being maintained by a number of Void Crystals.

Everyone soon arrived on the landmass and began setting up their bases. Kerrigan saw Sweetie emerge from her ship and brought a Drone to start her own hive cluster near Zagara’s. “Interesting appearance. Going for the secret agent look, Sweetie? I can tell there’s more to you than meets the eye though.”

Sweetie smirked, “I’ve always liked this look. If this is going to be our final battle, I wanna look good.” She created a pair of sunglasses made of a similar material to her suit to put over her horn for the time being since the Void was dark enough without them before focusing her attention on Amon.

Celestia took her position among the Protoss alongside Lyra while Luna positioned herself inside the Terran base alongside Discord. Sweetie and Kerrigan stood together in Zagara’s hive cluster.

All three bases prepared outposts to maximize all resource gathering. A number of Void Chasms burst from the land, periodically spawning Void Shadows. Sweetie moved to one and flapped her wings, sending a number of feathers into the air. The feathers transformed into Banelings and rammed themselves into the Chasm. She fired a powerful blast from her horn to seal it.

Amon summoned a Torment Construct to attack Sweetie who had created an Ultralisk egg. When the egg hatched, a colossal Ultralisk emerged and smashed the construct with its blades with a motion that was akin to blade dancing.

Kerrigan spawned a number of Zerg to assist her in dealing with another Void Chasm. Once the rift was sealed, her forces focused on one of Amon’s Void Crystals. Amon sent a few constructs to defend the Crystal but she and her Zerg managed to shatter it in the end.

Celestia and Lyra took some Protoss forces with them and sealed a Chasm north of their base.

To everyone’s horror, Amon began to counterattack by obliterating parts of the landmass. His first target was Raynor’s primary Command Center.

Sweetie suspected that Amon’s strategy was to deprive the alliance of resources by tearing the landmass apart. This brought a sense of urgency to the three factions to hurry and deal with the Void Crystals.

Luna and Discord cooperated with Raynor and Tychus to deal with a nearby Void Crystal using a force of Thors, Vikings and the Odin. The void energies of the realm interfered with Discord’s chaos magic, leaving him with only his more conventional abilities, meaning that he couldn’t simply displace or alter anything while in the Void. However, he could still use destructive magic to damage and destroy the Crystal. He snapped his talons and a bombardment of meteors crashed into the Crystal while the Thors and Odin blasted it with their cannons and Luna dealt the finishing blow with her broadsword.

The second Crystal was shattered.

Celestia and Lyra engaged a Crystal near their base. Amon summoned numerous Constructs to defend it. The fleet of Void Rays were able to quickly destroy each Construct one by one. Celestia concentrated a beam of solar destruction on the Crystal while Lyra concentrated a beam of void energies which shattered the Crystal.

Discord and Luna worked with Raynor to shatter a Crystal that was floating around the northern reaches of the area.

The battle continued as it did with keeping the Void Chasms dormant, shattering Constructs, evacuating areas that were going to collapse under Amon’s power and shattering Void Crystals.

“Why do you side with a murderer? Why can’t you Equestrians understand that I am trying to bring about a world without pain? Without suffering? Without needless death?” Amon asked.

“Because pain and suffering are how we know we are alive,” Sweetie countered. “Let me ask, what is living without feeling anything? How do we know we are alive if we don’t feel alive?”

“No. Feeling is unnecessary. Life will endure under my guidance. You have had your share of suffering. Would you not wish the pain to go away? Would you not wish to live your life happily with Lyra Heartstrings without the pain of that stallion’s betrayal haunting you every day?”

“While I do want to confront the source of my pain, I will do it my way. Living with pain would be preferable to leading a hollow life without excitement. I want to live freely; I will not have some God with a twisted philosophy control my actions.”

“Then I will make you and the entire universe submit to my order!”

Kerrigan and the Ponies combined their energies to destroy the last Void Crystal.

Kerrigan and the Ponies looked at the exposed Amon, ready for Kerrigan to deal the final blow.

“It is over, Amon,” Kerrigan said.

“You are but a product of the flawed Cycle. Manipulated for the entirety of your existence,” Amon said.

“You know nothing about me! I care little for the Xel’naga’s Infinite Cycle or your twisted lies. No, I choose something different. I choose freedom...for all of us.”

Kerrigan focused one intense blast at Amon’s head which caused his form to shatter. With his destruction, Kerrigan had everyone return to their ships and flee the Void.

Kerrigan and the Equestrians started into the abyss where Amon stood for a few minutes before the landmass began to quake and break apart.

The former Queen of Blades looked at the Equestrians and asked, “Why have you not fled with them?”

“If you can sense it, so can we,” Sweetie responded.

The landmass soon gave way, leaving everyone to fall into the abyss and land on a large shadowy platform. Kerrigan, Sweetie, Lyra, Discord, Celestia and Luna prepared themselves for what was coming.

Soon after, a black clawed hand emerged from the platform and slammed down. Amon emerged in a new form. While his face was the same, his appearance seemed to be a mix of his original form and a Hybrid Behemoth. He was now about the size of Kerrigan.

He stared at his opponents with rage in his eyes. “I WILL TEAR YOUR UNIVERSE APART!”

Amon began the fight by firing a beam of void energy at the group and forced them to scatter. Celestia, Luna and Lyra each fired magical beams at the Fallen One. He blocked them with his hand and charged at Celestia.

Lyra moved in to intercept but Amon could detect her presence and temporarily trapped her in a Void Prison.

Luna moved to assist Celestia and managed to avoid any attacks he sent her way. Amon ended up in a melee skirmish with the Royal Sisters while using his hands to block any swings that the Sisters sent at him.

Before Discord could attack Amon, a large number of Void Shadows manifested around the Draconequus, forcing him to focus his attention on the minions.

Lyra was freed from the Void Prison and manifested Void Shadows of her own to assist Discord.

Amon felt tremors beneath him, too late for him to avoid damage but not too late to minimize it from a dodge as Sweetie emerged from beneath him with a swipe from her razor-sharp claws. Amon’s dodge was not perfect because she managed to leave a deep scratch on his leg.

The Fallen One had no idea that he had just landed into Sweetie’s trap as a number of Hydralisk heads began launching spines at him. A few managed to get past his defenses and pierce his armor before he unleashed a burst of void energy that destroyed the Scyllas around him.

Celestia and Luna charged in after the burst. The Princess of the Sun slammed the platform with her halberd and released a wave of searing solar energy while Luna moved to slash at him from behind. Amon dodged Celestia’s attack and Luna was forced to move out of the way to avoid being caught by her sister’s attack.

Amon summoned a variety of Constructs all around the edge of the platform while summoning rifts in between each construct to quickly bring in a large menagerie of Void Shadows.

Lyra put an end to Amon’s strategy by drawing the Shadows to herself and drawing their power from them. A massive sphere of void energy was created from the Shadows and she discharged the energy all around her, targeting the Constructs and shattering them.

Amon was clearly angry from the Templar’s display of Void Manipulation and moved to attack her while she was recovering. A blast of chaos energy at his back stopped the Xel’naga in his tracks. He created a smaller sphere of void energy in his hand and discharged it at the Equestrians.

While the Ponies and Draconequus were reeling from Amon’s attack, he wasn’t expecting Kerrigan to appear in front of him and fire a Quantum Ray at his chest and force him back a significant distance. Her Celestial Radiance helped the Equestrians recover from Amon’s attack and allowed them to continue the battle.

Before Amon could recover from Kerrigan’s attack, Sweetie had altered her essence and sprayed his face with petrifying saliva. While it wouldn’t fully petrify him, it would still make his movements sluggish.

Celestia and Luna capitalized on the opportunity and sliced off the tendrils from Amon’s back.

Amon roared in pain before he gathered void energy into both hands and fired powerful beams from them. Everyone managed to dodge the Fallen One’s attack and Lyra quickly closed the distance with her speed. He stopped firing and grabbed the Templar and attempted to crush her.

She vanished in a puff of psionic smoke.

Before Amon could grasp what happened, a green light fell upon his wrist and severed his right hand.

Amon teleported to an area of the platform that was slightly distant from his foes and took the time to ask, “How did I not sense the illusion?”

Lyra smirked, “It’s a trick I learned from Aldaris. He taught me how to create Hallucinations that could not be detected.”

Amon growled loudly before a number of tentacles emerged from the ground and wrapped around him. A large number of Banelings descended from above him and crashed into him, splashing their acidic payload all over his body and causing the Xel’naga to scream in agony.

By the time the pain subsided enough for him to think, Amon saw all six of his foes each preparing a powerful blast that he feared would be the end of him. Celestia prepared a Solar Blast, Luna a Lunar Blast, Discord a Chaos Blast, Kerrigan a Quantum Ray, Lyra a Void Blast and Sweetie a Psionic Blast.

Amon used his remaining hand to draw in all the void energies he could for his final attack.

Everyone fired their attacks at the same time and met in the center of the platform.

While normally, Amon would have been able to drive the energies back at his opponents, his earlier battles and maintaining the Void Barrier had begun to take their toll on him. He found himself on the losing end of the power contest.

“Why? Why would you choose suffering? Your loved ones will perish while time is practically frozen for all of you. Why would you suffer this eternal torment as a Xel’naga?” Amon asked.

“It may be painful to live for eternity, but as long as we have friends to share our pain, we will find a way to cope,” Sweetie responded.

“Very well...If you choose to suffer for eternity, that is your choice. But I shall not suffer the life that I did not choose. If I cannot change the world around me, the world shall suffer onward without me.”

Before anyone could react, Amon stopped fighting back and let the attacks make contact with his body. At the same time, he drew in all of the void energies around him and directed them inward, tearing his body from the inside out. With one last scream, Amon exploded in a violent blast of void energies.

Everything around them became silent as the battle had reached its conclusion. The Ponies took a moment to silently pray for the soul of the Fallen One to find peace.

With their task complete, the Xel’naga and Lyra left the Void to its denizens.

Author's Note:

I added in that extra fight with Amon because a part of me felt like the actual fight was a bit anticlimactic since all you really did was smash a few crystals to make the Xel'naga vulnerable to a single blast from Kerrigan. This way, the final battle was more satisfying.

3 chapters left. Next up: Farewells and intergalactic politics.

PreviousChapters Next