• Published 15th Nov 2018
  • 2,395 Views, 328 Comments

An Apple a Day - The Blue EM2

  • ...
19
 328
 2,395

The Worst Possible Fate

I sped down the corridor towards the Gents, the cramps getting worse as I ran along. I slammed into somebody as I ran past.

“Hey, watch it, redhead!” she shouted.

“Sorry!” I shouted back. Then I realised what she had said. Redhead? That isn’t right, my hair’s brown!

Thankfully, the restrooms were just up ahead, so I barrelled into the cubicle. Oddly, I noticed it was only Disabled ones here. This was not surprising; after all, Warhammer World in Nottingham has a similar setup!

As I turned to shut the door, I must’ve skidded, and my left boot came flying off. It sailed through the air and crashed into the wall. But that shouldn’t have happened, as that boot fit me a moment ago.

I walked over to retrieve it, only to suddenly notice the other boot was loose as well. A sock hung off my exposed foot, clearly now several sizes too big.

“What’s goin’ on?” I asked. To my horror, I now had a Southern accent, and not only that, my voice was rising in pitch! I’d read stories on FimFiction about conventiongoers changing into ponies they were cosplaying, but I’d no idea it was actually possible.

As if to compound my sense of fear, the world suddenly started getting larger all around me. Except the world wasn’t getting larger at all; I was getting smaller! But surely, losing height is impossible. I pulled my jeans back up and tightened my belt to try and hold them on, and held myself up on the wash basin to see what was going on.

Right before my eyes, I could see my eyes had changed colour, from brown to red. They weren’t the only thing that had turned red either. My previously short hair was now red, with a fringe hanging over my forehead, and even as I watched the back started growing longer, until it reached my shoulders. This even applied to my eyebrows!

Oh fuck! I thought. I dreaded losing my humanity at this rate, as my skin changed colour from light tan to yellow. Excruciating pain shot through my face as the bones rearranged, giving the appearance of a pre-teen girl. But to my surprise, no muzzle appeared.

I knew what was coming next, but dreaded it nonetheless. I was suddenly aware of a tingling sensation in my chest, and as I looked down two lumps began to push outward, stopping a few seconds later. Yep, I now had breasts. Not huge ones, but still enough to make it clear I was...female.

But ponies don’t have those on their chests, those are between their legs. It then became apparent I wasn’t changing into a pony at all.

Oh God, I’m turning into EG Apple Bloom! I panicked.

I felt a sudden pain between my legs as I lost my manhood, officially rendering me female. My already shorter limbs changed again, as my feet shrank further, followed by my hands becoming smaller and shorter, with thin fingers and thumb.

I collapsed onto the floor, utterly shocked by what had just happened. There I was, this near-naked little girl in a bathroom, stuck here far from home.



But the transformation wasn’t over. It wasn’t even half done.



I got an odd feeling in my hair, and I felt the bow shrink in size to match my smaller size. The same happened to my shirt, which changed slightly as it did so. My jeans shrank in size, which also affected the belt as it suddenly fitted around my waist perfectly.

The boots and socks shrank as well, not surprisingly changing as they did so.



“Err...is it over?” I asked. I stopped. My voice was now exactly identical to Apple Bloom’s. Not an impersonation. Not a vague soundalike. Exactly identical.

Venturing to pull myself up, I grabbed the sink and looked into the mirror.

The face of my favourite character looked back. I guessed I was now about 12 years old, and looked like one of those incredibly dedicated cosplayers, for which I sadly couldn’t devote the money or time. But every detail was perfect.

Apart from the jeans, my clothing was an exact reproduction of Apple Bloom’s outfit as seen in the Equestria Girls films. It was better than my efforts at cosplaying, trust me!

My boots had gained a square-and-triangle pattern, and shoulders on my shirt were slightly pronounced. There wasn’t much to say about the belt, and I didn’t dare take my jeans off to see what was under them.



I had no idea how to react. One the one hand, I was utterly terrified as I had completely lost my old identity. But, on the other hand, I was now my favourite character!

“Well,” I said. “Ah better make the best of it.” I stepped over to the door, and promptly slipped. My face went into the door handle.

“Ow!” I cried. I tried to swear, but the most I could get out is “dangit!” This is crazy! Not only did I look like her, I spoke like her as well, including her mannerisms!

I pushed myself back, and tried again. My hand stopped on the door handle. Could I really go out there? There was no telling how anybody would react if a life-size Apple Bloom was wandering around BronyCon!

There was a knock at the door. "Are you done in there?”

“Sorry sir! Ah’m almost done!”



I then remembered the words that the Apples sang in the song I’d joined in just a few hours ago.

“We’re Apples forever,

Apples together,

Fam’ly but so much more!

And no matter what comes,

We will face the weather;

We’re Apples to the core!



I took a deep breath, and opened the door, stepping out into the corridor.

The gent looked in surprise. “A-Apple Bloom?” he asked.

I reacted in the only way I could. “Howdy!”

He laughed. “That must be one of the best Cosplays I have ever seen. And you’ve even got her accent down perfectly!”

I laughed. “Thank ya, sir.”

He then went into the cubicle, and shut the door.

I sighed with relief. “Well, that coulda gone worse.”

I headed off toward the main hall, as I had to find Rebecca and check she was OK.



As I rounded the bend into the hall, I ran into another crowd and knocked somebody over.

“Ah’m so sorry!” I exclaimed, as I extended a hand to help them up. It was only then I realised who I’d knocked over.

Michelle Creber. She looked utterly confused, but soon ran with it. “Well, howdy partner!” she said, switching into full Apple Bloom mode. “How are ya?”

Thus started one of the most baffling exchanges I have ever been involved in; Apple Bloom talks to Apple Bloom.

“Ah’m fine thank ya!” I replied.

“Well,” Creber answered, “That’s fine ta hear. Ah was wondrin’ if you’ve seen Scootaloo or Sweetie Belle anywhere? I ain’t seen them.”

“Which ones?”

“Either of them!”



This exchange went on for many minutes, and I’m certain somebody filmed it. But then, I saw Rebecca browsing another stand.

“Sorry, gotta dash!” I said, running past her and skidding as I did so. I still wasn’t used to my redistributed body weight and altered musculature, and took a number of tight turns. “Rebecca!” I shouted.

She glanced over, and gasped. “By Celestia, it’s Apple Bloom!” she cried.

I dropped down onto my knees and spoke to her. “It ain’t Apple Bloom, it’s me, Tom!” I cried. “Ah have no idea how this happened, but Ah somehow look like her!”

Rebecca just looked confused. “You don’t look or sound a thing like my brother.”

“Please!” I begged. “You gotta believe me! Ah need help for this!”

She just shook her head. “I don’t believe this. If you’ll excuse me, I need to go find my brother.” She walked away into the crowd.



My heart shattered. My own sister had just rejected me. Sobs escaped from my throat, as I jumped to my feet and ran in the opposite direction toward the door.

I ran past a pair of Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle cosplayers. “Hey, are you OK?” one of them asked.

I simply ignored them and ran onwards.



After running for a few minutes, I simply dropped and leaned against a wall. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. The floodgates opened, and tears rolled down my face at what had happened.

“Why me?” I whispered, as I sobbed uncontrollably. “What did Ah do to deserve this? Now mah own sister don’t recognise me!”

I looked a mess when I was done, but eventually a voice interrupted my sorrows.

“Oh, look at you, without a family,” she said.

I looked up, into the face of the merchant who had sold me that bow. My sorrow was replaced with anger.

“You did this ta me!” I shouted.

“I only gave you what you wanted,” she replied. “I knew in your heart you wanted to be Apple Bloom, living that idyllic life at Sweet Apple Acres.”

“MAH OWN FAMILY HAS REJECTED ME!” I screamed, a mixture of anger and pain welling up.

“This family may have,” she said, “but where you’re going, you will be loved.”

“Wha-?” was all I managed to get out, before a door slammed in my face, and everything went black.

Author's Note:

For the record, I believe this to be the very first EqG Apple Bloom TF. At least, I'm not aware of any others.

See you on Saturday (hopefully).