• Published 11th Oct 2018
  • 4,015 Views, 106 Comments

Onii-Chan's Interesting Life - MrWriterWriter



Spike juggles big brotherhood and being a cuddle-magnet.

  • ...
9
 106
 4,015

Party Time: Target Acquired!

"Onii-chan lost..." Sweetie looked down when Filthy was named the winner, with Spike getting second place.

"It's ok, second place isn't that bad, Sweetie." Rainbow said. "It's not first, but he got something ok." She perked up at the words 'two hundred and fifty dollar gift card'. "That's a lot, right?"

"Well, those apple caramels Applejack likes are about two dollars for a bag." Sunset did a lil math. "Yeah, that's a little over a hundred bags, give or take." She ignored the weird giggle the cowgirl let out at that.


"Why do you three insist in dragging me into your antics...?" Sombra sighed when he was finally able to sit back down. He pulled the helmet of his costume off, letting a mane of black hair fall down his back and a single, red-highlighted cowlick pop up on his forehead. "I hate singing."

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy, Sombry." Celestia chuckled, ignoring the dirty look he gave her for the nickname. "It's just for fun."

'Speaking of fun, I didn't know Mr. Rich was such a metalhead." Cadance chuckled. "I almost wanted to headbang myself."

"You'd be growling too with a wife like Spoiled." Luna muttered. "Awful woman."

"So, anyone recognize Mr. Tophat?" Cadance asked, changing the subject.

"Our resident Phantom of the Steampunk Opera? The wind up key is a nice touch." Sombra promptly got weird looks from all three women. "What? I like the style."

"Anyway..." Luna piped back up. "I believe that's Spike Drake, our local 'Onii-Chan', according to the girls he's a foster father/brother for."

"Oh, him." Celestia chuckled. "Heh, gotta hand it to him, looking after ten little girls solo is no mean feat."

"They love him to death, though. You all remember what happened to that boy who tried to mock him for it."

"Which one?" Sombra asked around his pizza. "The one Twilight Sparkle immobilized with an armlock? Or the one who ended up being chased by half of them after they got hold of the nerf bats last week?"

"That one. They went at least twice around the playground," Luna had to fight back a giggle. "I know they shouldn't really have done that, but it was hilarious. Never found out what he said to incite them, but I certainly doubt he'll do it a second time."


After a bit, photos were being offered.

"Like father, like daughter?" Sombra raised an eye at the overtly flashy poses Jackpot and Trixie tried to pull off. Even he could see the photographer was trying his best not to laugh.

Cadance's shoulders were shaking in quiet laughter. "He looks like he's trying to can-can!"

Filthy Rich's, with Diamond and Silver, was a bit more modest, though all three somehow managed to pull off faces, much to Celestia's amusement.

The photographer had to put on his wide-angle lens when Spike and the girls (and the costumed ponies) stepped up.

"Dogpile on the Phantom." Celestia singsonged after Spike was buried under the girls as they somehow all managed to climb onto him.

"It's actually kind of sweet." Cadance replied. "Just how much...they care..." She trailed off when he was asked to remove his mask. Her face rapidly started to redden. "Oh my..."

"HELLO!" Celestia's jaw dropped with a goofy smile. "I see some grade-A-Yum!"

"Homina!" Cadance squealed, wiggling in glee. "I think I'm in love!"

"Wow...those two are smitten. With a capital 'S'." Sombra said in mild surprise.

"Indeed." Luna said, with a calm that gave him pause.

"Heh, in all honesty, I'm not sure if I should envy or pity..him." He saw the look on her face, which stayed focused on Spike. It was an expression that said only one thing, just said it with a finality that made his leg hair stand on end.

'MINE.'

'Pity...DEFINITELY pity!' He thought, using a nearby plate of brownies as an escape plan.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the shortness of this one, it was more or less just for introducing a few more characters Spike and the girls'll be interacting with.