• Published 30th Sep 2018
  • 4,093 Views, 117 Comments

Then The Winged Hussars Arrived - Chemtest

  • ...
6
 117
 4,093

Primo Victoria

The sound of the changelings demise could be heard from a mile off, as hooves strike cobbles. The sun reflects off the perfectly shined armor and guns riding their way. The clanging of steel against steel stops for a second as the armies turn to face the new arrivals. The changelings automaticity take a portion of each force to form a new one in front of the new arrivals.

”Face them, defensive positions! Don’t give them the chance to reinforce their fellows!”

So, the changelings do as they are told, and line up to face the arrivals.

Exactly what the Hussars were waiting for.

With a bang, a changeling falls. Many more fall afterwards as the air is filled with the sound of gunfire. The bullets cut through the changeling position, making it fall in a minute of fire. The changelings left standing take one last look at the now charging Hussars, before running away.

But nothing can outrun a bullet, so they are cut down with ease. The Hussar force then splits into four portions. Three charge off to help the ponies, and the officers charge off to the castle.

The Sponies see the Hussars moving to help, and the changelings falling. They push out as one, forcing the changelings back. Right into the Hussars, taking out the heavier infantry. The Sponies charge the flanking force, backed up by gunfire. They tear down the numbers left with ease, completely destroying the fighters sent against them.

The archers sent against the Romanes are taken down with not a single swing of a sword or bullet wasted. The heavy infantry are cut down as well, if they turn around they get stabbed in the back, if they don’t then they are stabbed in the back. The order of the Romanes Legion combined with the overwhelming firepower by the Hussars make the fight a breeze.

The Horsearrs are trading blows with the changeling spears, only to have their real counterparts flank the enemy. They manage to take initiative when the changelings are distracted, and cut down the enemy as quick as possible. One pegasus in particular takes out at least twenty changelings by himself, his blue wings wielding two more swords. The changelings are caught in the middle of a bloodbath as they deal with the mental backlash of their brothers and sisters death. They can’t even comptemplate their death before they’re all dead.

The commander rushes through the castle. His horse comes to a fancy door, and looking over at the officers surrounding him, kicks it open. Swords are drawn and revolvers readied as they face the leader of the changeling swarm.

Who is right now collapsed on the floor, flinching and shaking almost as if having a seizure. I guess one downside to a hive mind is that you fell the pain of the others. That would explain her getting heavy armor for her hive.

She looks up at the Hussars as they enter, and fires a beam of magic at them, “Go away!”

The beam bounces off their armor, not even phasing the commander. Though he does have something to say in response, “Czarownica! Zostaniecie pokazani najbardziej sprawiedliwi wobec świętych kar za śmiałość uderzenia wojownika Boga!”

He reaches into his horses saddlepacks and pulls out some sulfuric acid holy water and marches over to her. He uncorks the ‘holy water’ and takes a big sniff of it, “Pan naprawdę pobłogosławił to rozwiązanie!”

He takes the bottle, and pours it over her. He smiles as it melts her skin and bones purified the heretic. Her death sends waves out over the changeling army, as all still alive collapse on the spot. Their queen’s death has rendered them all useless.

The Hussars have done their job. They ride off into the sunset as they leave the ponies to figure out what to do with the unconscious bodies.