• Published 30th Sep 2018
  • 4,076 Views, 117 Comments

Then The Winged Hussars Arrived - Chemtest

  • ...
6
 117
 4,076

Bringing Bad Men to Their Demise

The changeling will holds strong as the Sponies charge into them. Their armor folds in like a wet peace of paper, and the spearhead of the Sponies pushes in. Both sides take out their swords, and begin a melee. The changelings know they just have to wait for the flanking force to come around. The Sponies fight for their glory and freedom.

A changeling strikes out at Commander Lion Heart, only to have their sword parried by his shield. With sweeps and thrusts of their swords, the Sponies cut the life from the changeling infantry. Shields bash into heads and swords cut them off, the Sponies near bathing in changeling blood. The changelings stand strong, and continue fighting. Sponies go down, but no nearly enough. The forces are around equal in size, but the Sponies are obviously stronger. The changelings try to use their shapeshifter nature to cause confusion, but the Sponies see through them in an instant.

Then the flanking force arrives, moving down the street behind the Sponies, wearing rags and carrying swords. Fast, dangerous, easy to kill, and flanking. The Sponies enter their own version of Thermopylae, with it being two to one. Still, they face the changelings with bravery and glory. Forming into a circle of steel, lashing out at any who come near, and charging those who retreat. Still, the force did it’s job, and the Sponies are put into a dangerous position.

Even Chrysalis can see that they need archers to win. She contacts the force sent to the Romanes, presuming them dead.

The Romanes march into the changeling infantry. They stab out of their shield wall with swords. The ones in the back take out their javelins and throw them into the enemy. The light changeling infantry fall to the javelins. But the heavy armored ones just stab out with their own swords against the Romanes. Very few strike true, the defense and armor of them too great. But they can’t do much back.

The changelings and Romanes stab out at each other, but near to none fall. The teamwork and armor of each side making it so death is rare. This battle, if left alone, would take entire days. Swords against armor doesn’t do well against swords against armor. The need for spears to pierce armor is apparent. And the majority of the spears are currently holding the phalanx.

The changelings holding the phalanx stare into the eyes of the Horsearrs as they charge. The two sides brace, before connecting. The Horsearrs have longer spears, so the changelings suffer more casualties. Though the Hussars do take a hard hit from the charge, only half of the amount of changelings fall. They have the upper hoof in this fight, as they have swords.

They take out their swords, and start cutting away at the changelings. The changelings fall easily without any armor, but the ponies are slow. Their heavy armor slows down their attacks, making it so the changelings can defend easier. The bloodbath is almost equal between both sides, angering Chrysalis as she watches it. Her children are being killed by the enemy, and she lacks the resources to move them. The Sponies need archers, but they are preoccupied. The Romanes need spears but they are being killed. The Horsearrs need heavy infantry, but they are too busy exchanging blows.

But they aren’t the only ones with a stake in this battle. The actual armies fight in the distance, sullying the Ponyville farms with arrows and bodies.

The Mongols fire another barrage of arrows, but they bounce off the steel armor of the Hussars. They ride away, keeping a consistent distance away, turning around and firing when they can. The arrows do nothing but annoy the Poles, the game of chicken just wasting time. The Mongols don’t let that stop them, they think the Hussars shall fall like Rome. They didn’t understand the time gap between the two eras, and the difference in armor and weaponry that would cause. But they use the same tactics, made for footmen. Don’t work so well when your opponent have better armor, tactics, training, and studier less agile horses.

The tactic seems to work, if it was meant to distract the Poles. But, it is broken when the sight of a rifle peeks over a trench wall. Artillery loaded and primed, just like both French and German soldiers were trained to do. The commanders step up together. They look, nod, and point their sabers towards the Mongols.

“Feu!”

“Feuer!”

The soldiers take aim, the artillery is sighted. Then, a moment in history is marked. The Explosion Heard Around The World.

*BOOM!*

All troops fire, hitting the Mongols right on. Machine guns rattle out their horrid song, rifles send their cries, and artillery scream out their pain.

Parts of Mongols and Mongolian horses go flying everywhere as huge chunks are blown out of them. The machine guns and rifle fire pick them off even more.

The thousand Mongols might’ve been a large army in their time, neigh unstoppable. But times change. Now, millions are killed in warfare, and a measly one thousand is but a regiment not an army. Machine guns made to kill armies ten times their size cut them down. Not to mention the confusion from the loud noise make some Mongols run right into the Hussars. They are cut down as soon as they reach the men, and those that run away are cut down by careful shots and explosions that scar the farms they fight on.

When the smoke clears, only the Great Khan himself is there. A barbarian king who defeated one of the greatest civilizations to ever exist. His armies cut down in seconds by the new era technology. He looks around at the new civilizations that will rise up after him, and makes a final stand.

He manages to get an arrow in before his plan is stopped by two well aimed revolver shots. One to the arrow, and one to the head. The German officer watches from the end of his revolver as Genghis Khan falls from his horse. The end of his era as new warriors take his place.

The commander of the Hussars doesn’t take any time to think about the message behind the battle. He rides over to the officer’s and speaks in the little French he knows, “Défense de la ville, aide?”

The officers look to each other, before nodding in agreement, “Montons, hussards ailés polonais. Nous aiderons à libérer la ville, au nom de l'Entente”

The other Hussars bring over the Mongol horses that survive, and the troopers mount them. Some Hussars offer to allow the others to ride with them.

The commander holds out his hand to the French officer, and another hold out his hand to the German. They both take the hand, and pull themselves up and on the horses.

The Hussars set off, riding with fellow warriors. Poles, Germans, French. Hussars, Riflemen, Machineguners, all warriors the same.

Great warriors of two eras ride off to help those who fight for freedom. Guns, swords, armor, uniforms, Human, Pony, all warriors, all brothers in blood. Brothers in message. Brothers in death. The truest bond ever made is when you trust someone else to not kill you in the chaos. True friendship is not experienced until it is time to trust another not to kill you. Friendship and peace are two sides of opposite coins. Weather it be German fighters spareing American bombers, Polish Hussars saving Vienna, French and Germans playing football, the Ottomens and Australians lying together in death, or humans saving ponies all for the same message. Only then is friendship at its strongest. In death these friends are reunited, these brothers reunited. So they ride, they ride towards death. Just to see their fellow brothers in arms on the other side.