• Published 28th Sep 2018
  • 9,144 Views, 981 Comments

Hello, This is Not a Scammer, I Promise - BronyWriter



IRS scammers go after the Mane Six

  • ...
18
 981
 9,144

Rarity

It started when the phone rang.

Rarity trotted into the room, a pair of pins in her mouth and her mane frazzled from another all-nighter. She quietly sighed to herself and stuck the pins into the pin pillow before walking over to the phone and putting the headset on.

"Thank you for calling Carousel Boutique where everything..." Rarity let out a spectacular yawn and actually had to lean against the wall so that she didn't collapse. "So sorry, dear. Where everything is chic, unique and magnifique!"

"Hello, this is Legit Collector from the Equestrian Revenue Service. I am calling--"

"Oh you have got to be kidding me," Rarity growled.

"Ma'am, I need you to listen. I am calling because--"

"No you need to listen!" Rarity roared, stomping her hoof on the ground. "I have been cutting, measuring, sewing, and Celestia knows how many other things for thirty straight hours! The Grand Galloping Gala is in a week, and I am swamped with orders! Now I must be broken out of my concentration by some uncouth scammer?"

"Ma'am, I--"

"Don't you 'Ma'am' me, you miscreant! Last night I spent an hour sewing with a needle the size of a hair in a pony's mane trying to get the pattern I wanted!" Rarity stomped her hoof again. "Have you ever worked that hard? Have you ever put that much effort into crafting something with that much care and passion? I have half a mind to find out who you are and replace every scrap of clothing with sack cloth and last year's spring lineup! If you ever call here again, I--"

*Click*

Rarity glared at the phone as if it was the one who had called her, but otherwise didn't move.

After a few minutes, Sweetie Belle came into the room. "Rarity? I heard you yelling. Is something the matter?" Rarity didn't respond. She just stood there, leaning against the wall. Sweetie Belle slowly walked up to her sister, who was making some kind of noise. As Sweetie got closer, she realized that it was snoring.

She reached Rarity and looked up. Rarity was leaning against the wall, her eyes closed and her mouth slightly hanging open. She rolled her eyes and gently kicked at one of Rarity's legs. Rarity's eyes shot open as she nearly stumbled forward.

"Wha... who... I..." She blinked a few times before noticing Sweetie Belle next to her, giving her a flat look. "Oh. Sweetie Belle." Rarity yawned and scratched her chest. "How are you?"

"Go to bed, Rarity."

"Would love to. Can't." Rarity groaned and began walking over to her workroom.

"Go to bed, Rarity."

"I--"

Sweetie Belle lit her horn and grabbed Rarity's tail in her magic. "I'm going to start braiding if you don't go to bed."

"Sweetie! How dare...?" Rarity wobbled where she stood, then groaned. "Fine. Maybe a little nap is in order."