• Published 11th Sep 2018
  • 5,245 Views, 235 Comments

Our New Queen - Miner

  • ...
34
 235
 5,245

All in favor...

"Twilight, could you wait outside for a bit?" Celestia asked her student, making her confused.

"Why, did I do something wrong?"

"Not yet," Ember replied.

"Please, Twilight, just humor us for a little bit."

"Okay," Twilight said, confused as to what was going on.

Once the doors closed behind her, Celestia turned to one of the nearby guards.

"Do not let Twilight out of your sight understand?"

"Yes, your highness," the guard replied, stepping out of the room.

"Are you serious about this Princess Celestia?" Thorax asked, rubbing the back of his neck, "I mean she is one of your best friends and a fellow princess of Equestria."

"What’s the wrong Thorax?" Ember said, nudging him with an elbow, "Getting cold hooves all of a sudden?"

"Kind of," Thorax said, getting embarrassed at the thought of marrying Twilight. "I mean we are basically looking for my future wife for crying out loud, and Twilight, well, she’s..."

"Beautiful?" Luna asked,

"Smart?" Ember continued,

"Trustworthy?" Prince Rutherford pressed,

"A perfect match for you?" Celestia said before Thorax could answer,

"A stranger to me," He took in a deep breath before continuing, "I mean sure we are friends, but I never thought about her like that."

"How else do you think ponies or creatures fall in love in the first place?" Celestia said, "They find someone that interests them and try to woo them."

"Speaking of love," Luna spoke up, "Where is the Princess of Love herself?"

"She was supposed to be here. I wonder what is keeping her?"

Just then said pony came rushing into the room passing by Twilight and closing the door behind her.

"Sorry for being late everypony. It took longer than expected to get here. Flurry Heart hasn't been feeling well lately. What did I miss?"


Twilight had her ear pressed against the door, trying to hear what was going on inside.

'What are they all talking about? I can't hear a thing.' Twilight thought to herself, not noticing the guard behind her shaking his head until he spoke.

"Her Highness does realize that the doors to the conference room have magical enchantments to prevent those outside from hearing the conversation within does she not?"

Twilight blushed at that and moved away from the door. Now she just felt silly. Of course, they would have something like that on these doors. This was the conference room of Canterlot Castle, where the Princesses dealt with all meetings in Equestria, after all.

"My mistake. I just what to know why they asked me to leave, then turned around and let Cadence inside, but still won’t let me back in?" Twilight then started pacing in front of the guard, "I mean we are talking about the future of the changelings here! I have to be in there to help them with such an important decision. I am a Princess of Equestria after all. And of Friendship no less. Why do they still treat me like a little filly?" Twilight said while she stomped the floor with her front hooves three times before resuming her pacing, "I have helped save Equestria more times than anypony ever has. I have the right to be part of this conversation!" Twilight then sat down on the floor.

"Are you done, your highness?" The guard asked her, to which she nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I am done."

"Then would you like to come back inside?" Celestia asked from the doorway.

Twilight jumped to her hooves to face her mentor. Twilight let out an embarrassed laugh as she rubbed the back of her head.

"Ah, how long were you standing there?"

"Long enough. Now then, would you come inside?"

"Yes, please."


In one of the guest rooms of Canterlot, the rest of the mane six along with Spike waited patiently for the return of their friends.

"What do you think they are talking about in there?" Pinkie Pie asked the others while jumping on the bed.

"Who knows?" Rainbow Dash answered while lying across on one of the couches in the room. "Most likely, what is going to happen is that they have a crazy dangerous mission to send us on so we can fix some world-threatening problem or something."

"Can we not think about something like that?" Fluttershy said from her seat next to Rarity where they were having a small tea party.

"Sorry Shy, but that is just all they ever call us to meetings like this for."

"That is true Rainbow Dash," Rarity said after pouring herself some tea and taking a small sip, "But this is the first time they’ve ever let us be nearby when such a meeting is being done."

"Rarity does have a point," Applejack said from nearby the window, "Normally they have Twilight come to Canterlot by her lonesome. I wonder what’s different this time?"

"Maybe they just wanted us here to save Twilight the trouble of going back to Ponyville to get us," Spike said from the nearby door.

"Maybe," Rainbow got up from the couch, "but then why was Starlight able to attend the meeting and not us?"

Just then a colossal scream was heard across the castle in the voice of a pony to familiar to them all.

"WHAT!"

This scream caused poor Fluttershy to duck under the bed, along with Spike and Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash flew up to cling to the ceiling and Applejack hid behind the couch while Rarity was instead trying to clean spilled tea from her coat.

"Goodness, what was that?" Rarity asked as she looked at each of her friends while they slowly came out of their hiding places.

"Did somepony die?" Pinkie asked.

"Naw, I reckon somepony just got the shock of their life," Applejack said as Rainbow landed back on the couch.

"Am I the only one who noticed that it was Twilight’s voice just now?" Spike asked worriedly, prompting everypony to nod, "Just checking."

"Okay if I wasn't worried about what they were doing before, I am now," Rainbow said as the others also showed signs of concern.

Before they could act, the doors to the room opened up, and Princess Cadence entered the room smiling, "Girls do I have something to tell you."