• Published 11th Sep 2018
  • 5,191 Views, 235 Comments

Our New Queen - Miner

  • ...
34
 235
 5,191

Begin the Operation A.K.A. The Second Date

Twilight was sitting at one of the tables in the cafe of Ponyville. She was told to meet Thorax there, but she was a bit uneasy. She looked to her castle where her friends were at. Inside the castle, an operation center had been set up around the map and a zoomed-in version of Ponyville could be seen on it. Rarity and Starlight were next to the map wearing some unique clothing. According to Rarity, they were green military uniforms that she had made for this occasion. Starlight didn't understand the need for such things, but she was in one before she could blink

The rest of Twilight's friends could be seen on the map around Ponyville. Rainbow Dash was on a cloud overlooking Ponyville. Pinkie Pie was hiding inside a barrel looking through a hole in its side. Applejack was at her stand selling apples nearby. Fluttershy was on standby just in case. They all had a blue crystal hairpin in their manes so that Rarity could talk to each of them. Rarity had her horn glowing, and her magic was surrounding the small Twilight on the map.

"Twilight can you hear me?" Rarity asked.

Twilight put a small purple hairpin next to her ear to hear her friend. "Yes, I can hear you Rarity," Twilight whispered to herself, "And I still can't get over the fact that this is working."

"It’s similar to the time I teleported us to my village, Twilight, " Starlight spoke up, "However instead of teleporting ourselves there, we’re just sending our voices to the hairpin."

"This could come in handy for future friendship missions," Twilight said.

"Focus, Twilight!" Rarity said, "We’re trying to help you with Thorax."

"And how is talking in my ear going to help? We could have used walkie-talkies instead of this."

"Twilight we can't just have you constantly finding a reason to talk into a walkie-talkie during your conversation with Thorax! This is the best way of making sure that you can hear our advice and not look strange while doing it. Besides, this was Starlight’s idea, not mine."

"It’s working, isn't it?" Starlight growled.

"Hey, girls!" Pinkie said,

"Yes, Sergeant Pie?" Rarity asked.

"The target is on the move. E.T.A. two minutes."

"Pinkie can't you just talk like a normal pony?" Rainbow asked from her cloud post, "Wait! Is Thorax here already? Where!?"

"He’s coming up from behind Twilight," Fluttershy said.

"Alright places everypony, and Twilight, you got this!" Starlight said.

"I’ve got what?" Twilight started to panic, not being able to hear her friends talking to each other, "What’s happening?"

"Twilight, Thorax is here," Starlight said, "Act natural, and sorry about that. I forgot that you could only hear Rarity and me."

"Why can I only hear you two?"

"Because we ran out of matching blue crystal and we were in a hurry."

"Alright, then."


"I can't do this," Thorax thought to himself.

"Yes, you can Thorax," Cadence said inside his head.

"How are you even doing this?"

"I cast a spell on each of us so that we can send our thoughts to each other. This way, I can help you without Twilight noticing. It only lasts for a few hours, but that is long enough for our needs."

"Are you sure you can help me get on good terms with her? Even if this the end of our dates with each other, I would still like to be friends with her."

"Trust me, Thorax, just do everything I tell you, and you will have Twilight at the altar with you before you know it."

"Why did I go to you for help again?"

"Because you stink at wooing mares, that's why."


Meanwhile, near the edge of Ponyville.

"And that should do it," Trixie said as she put the last of her props in place for her show later on that day. It had been a while since she had performed in Ponyville, and with the magic lessons she had been getting from Starlight, she felt more confident than ever to start a show here.

Especially with this giant purple crystal with a circle cut into it. She could use it to send her voice across the whole town without tiring early in the show. It was genius, and not to mention the fact that it blended in so well with the background. Nopony would notice how her voice was so loud without her even trying.

"All that’s left is to adjust the crystal to the center of the stage," Trixie said while moving the crystal to the left with her magic.

"Wait, he is here? where?!" Twilight's voice came from the crystal before disappearing once Trixie had moved it to center stage.

"What?" Trixie said, "Was that Twilight?" Trixie moved the crystal back to the right.

"I don't know if I can do this girls!" Twilight's voice came from the crystal once again before fading away.

"Well, would you look at that. Twilight must be near some kind of crystal similar to this one, and they are somehow sending her voice here. I wonder if it works both ways?"

Trixie then moved the crystal back to where she heard Twilight and cleared her throat before speaking in a low voice, "Twilight, you have something in your teeth."

"What, where?!" Twilight asked in a panic.

Trixie then moved the crystal away before laughing her head off. "This is the best thing ever! I wonder what she’s up to?"

Trixie moved the crystal back to Twilight.

"But I heard somepony say that I had something in my teeth," Twilight said as Trixie chuckled to herself, "Well then can we focus on making sure that the words I hear from now on are useful?" There was a moment of silence before Twilight spoke up again, "Hello, Thorax, how are you today?"

"Thorax? What is he doing here, and with HER!?" Trixie thought to herself.

"Don't worry about last night. I can't say that I didn't enjoy it along with our date."

"WHAT! Twilight is dating Thorax!? When did THAT happen? Well, it would be a shame if somepony gave Twilight some useless ideas that would embarrass her in front of him." *heheehee* "But first some adjustments to my crystal to increase the signal," Trixie thought to herself as she concentrated her magic on the crystal.


"Well that is good to hear," Thorax said,

"See Thorax, what did I tell you?" Cadence said, "We got this in the bag. Now then, ask if she is hungry."

"Would you like something to eat Twilight?"

"Well?" Twilight whispered to her friends.

Rarity tried to talk to her friend, but somepony else's voice covered hers. "Your heart Thorax."

"Your heart Thorax," Twilight said without thinking about it. There was a moment of silence before anypony spoke up.

"WHAT!" every backup pony shouted.

"What kind of a response is that Twilight?!" Rarity asked.

"Yeah, that sounds creepy Twilight!" Starlight said.

"But isn't that what you told me to say?!" Twilight whispered to her friend all the while Thorax was confused by her answer.

"Cadence?" Thorax thought to her.

"I didn't know Twilight was into those kinds of things," Cadence said.

"What am I supposed to say to her?"

"Calm down, and we can work with this. Maybe it was a slip of the tongue or something. So for now, laugh and play along."

"*Heehe* I still need that Twilight," Thorax said rubbing the back of his head smiling at Twilight.

"Oh great, now look what you've done, Twilight!" Rarity cried.

"But you all told me to say that!" Twilight whispered back to her.

"I did no such thing!"

"Well, somepony did. Please don't say something like that again," Twilight cleared her throat, "I'm kidding Thorax that was a joke. I think I'm in the mood for a sandwich, though."

"Okay, then," Thorax said before getting the attention of a waiter to get their order.

"Twilight. Are you trying to scare Thorax away?" Rarity asked.

"NO! I swear I heard somepony tell me to say that!"

"Don't worry about it Twilight, it was just me," Trixie said while doing her best Pinkie impersonation.

"Who is this?"

"It's me, Pinkie Pie," Trixie said, "I thought you should have opened up your conversation with him with a joke that's all."

"Don't scare me like that Pinkie, also what happened to Rarity and Starlight?"

"I thought they deserved a cupcake break before helping you out."

"Pinkie, you are so weird sometimes."


"Twilight, can you hear me!? Twilight?" Rarity tried talking to her friend but got no response. Rarity hit the map to see if it would fix the problem, but it didn't, "What could be the reason for this Starlight?" Rarity said.

"The only thing I can think of is that somepony or something is interfering with our communications with Twilight."

"How is that possible?"

"There could be many reasons for this, but the most likely is that somepony is casting a spell nearby or is near a giant crystal similar to Twilight's hairpin.”

"Whatever the reason is, we must take action. Rainbow Dash! This is Rarity."

"What's up?"

"Somepony is interfering with our advice to Twilight. Look around Ponyville for somepony casting some magic or next to a big purple crystal and get them to stop it."

"On it!"

"Pinkie and Applejack, do the same thing but instead look around the area where you two are."

"Okay."

"Fluttershy you get close to Twilight and find out how much damage is done."

"Okay," Fluttershy made her way to the cafe where Twilight and Thorax were. Just from where she was, she could tell that things weren’t going very well. Twilight was panicking and trying to say something to Thorax, but he was looking back at Twilight as if she said something bizarre. Fluttershy sat at a nearby table which was close enough to hear them.

"And you remind me of my Dad," Twilight said, "What!?"

"Oh, my," Fluttershy said before touching her hairpin, "Did you get that Rarity?"

"This is bad, Fluttershy," Rarity said, "You need to do something."

"Like what?"

"Something! Anything! Just do it NOW!"

"Okay," Fluttershy moved to Twilight’s table, "Oh hello there."

"Hello Fluttershy," Thorax said as Twilight had her hooves covering her head on the table.

"Are you okay, Twilight?" Fluttershy asks Twilight.

"Yes, I couldn't be better!" Twilight said, sitting up straight blushing and then throwing away her hairpin, "My mind was elsewhere, and I don't ever want to go back there again."

"Okay. If you say so," Fluttershy said, "So have you two tried the grilled cheese they serve here?"

"What is the matter with Twilight today?!" Cadence said to Thorax, "I never thought she would say anything like that!"

"Yeah, and to be honest, I'm not sure I like her anymore Cadence,"

"Come on, Thorax. Give her another chance. She is just nervous and is not thinking straight. And she is saying random things. I am sure things will calm down soon, and Twilight will be back to her old self in no time at all."

"True, but I'm not feeling the same way about her as I did yesterday. I'm not sure if this is going to work out."

"Thorax please don't do this,"

"It's my decision on who I want to marry, Cadence. Maybe later we can make up, but for right now I need some space from her."

"No, I haven't Fluttershy," Thorax said, "Maybe I will try it another time. I'm thankful that I'm still friends with you, Princess Twilight."

"Friends?" Twilight said quietly.

"Now if you excuse me, I believe that I am needed elsewhere."

"Thorax, wait!" Twilight cried, reaching out to him, but he had already moved away from her and was getting ready to take flight. "Thorax I didn't mean it!"

"Have a good day, Princess," Thorax said before flying away.

"Thorax!"


Trixie watched from her stage as Thorax flew away from Ponyville and smiled. "That is what you get Twilight, for trying to get another mare's stallion," Trixie said to herself as she was closing up her stage, not noticing as a rainbow blur flew away.

Author's Note:

I wonder how many people are going to hate me after this?