• Published 11th Sep 2018
  • 5,240 Views, 235 Comments

Our New Queen - Miner

  • ...
34
 235
 5,240

The third date part one

Canterlot, the capital city of Equestria. Its beauty demanded the utmost respect from everypony that visited, and nopony dares to disagree.

"YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" a voice shouted from the train station.

Twilight was holding onto the train doors for dear life as her friends worked together to pull her away from them.

After Cadence returned to tell them the news of the next date, Twilight, fearing of another repeat of her last date with Thorax, refused to leave her room. Not wanting Twilight to miss her date, Cadence tricked her into wearing a headband which prevented her from using her magic and then used a rope to tie her wings to her sides. And had her friends help bring her to Canterlot.

To prevent anypony from noticing such odd things, they had Twilight wear her Tiara and the dress she wore during her coronation. Anypony that saw them would only think that the princess just wasn't used to wearing her royal attire and would wave hello or stare for a little while.

"Twilight be reasonable," Rarity said while using her magic to make sure that Twilight's outfit didn't get ruined, "You agreed to date Thorax for one week. And we are barely on day four. You must finish what you started."

"I changed my mind! I can't handle this anymore!"

"Twilight come on," Rainbow said, pulling at Twilight from the midsection, "You don't want everypony to think that you don't keep your promises, do you?"

"It wasn't a Pinkie Promise!"

Pinkie then let go and thought about that for a second, "She has a point, girls."

"Pinkie Pie," Applejack said, pulling Twilight by her hind leg with a rope. "You're not helping!"

"But, Twilight," Fluttershy said as she moved in front of Twilight, "If you can't bring yourself to see Thorax for another date, then how will you ever find the courage to talk to another stallion that you may like later?"

"I... I... I'll..."

"Yes?"

"Fine, you win," Twilight said as she let go of the train, forgetting that the rest of her friends were still pulling her. "WAIT!" Too late.

Twilight and her friends then flew backward in a straight line for a few seconds before ending up landing right on their hooves. They also noticed that there were no traces of dirt on themselves.

"How did we do that?" Twilight asked before noticing that Rarity’s horn had just stopped glowing.

"I was planning to use that when Sweetie Belle and her friends cause another mess in the Boutique. I thought that this was the best time to test it out. You are welcome."


Inside the castle, a gathering of pillows was put in front of a large blank wall. Princess Celestia had just entered the room with her sister not too far from behind her.

"Relax Luna. We are early. Nothing has happened yet."

"How can you expect me to miss today's edition of Twilight's courting of Thorax?" Luna said to her sister while taking her seat.

"Sister, please. Twilight is a dear friend of ours," Celestia said, joining her sister, as Luna gave her a strange look.

"And might I remind you of whose idea it was to ask Discord to help us view Twilight's actions without her knowing?"

"I was just worried about her, that's all."

"I don't recall you saying anything like that yesterday. Especially after Twilight told Thorax, he reminds her of her father."

"Alright, I see where this is going, Luna. But you must admit that it was rather a houmous."

Discord then popped into the room, filling it with popcorn and candy. He also then set up a projector behind them and started it up. "Are you ready ladies?"

"Yes, Discord. Please show us Twilight Sparkles."

"Your will is my command, Celestia."

"Please stop saying that."


Meanwhile,

Thorax had just arrived at Canterlot castle and was looking for one of the Princesses. After an hour of searching, a guard then found him roaming the halls and relayed a message to him from the Princesses.

"And you are sure that Princess Celestia said that?"

"Yes, your date with the Princess of Friendship will be in the garden today."

"Alright then,"

Thorax then made his way to the garden. On his way there He then noticed a bird nearby looking at him. Now usually no pony would see such a thing, but this case was different. This bird smelled familiar to him. Walking up to the bird Thorax then addressed it.

"Pharynx what are you doing here?"

"I am here as a lookout."

"Why?"

"Because the last time I wasn't here you blew it with your date with the Princess."

"The fault doesn't belong to either of us Pharynx."

"And that is why I am here. So that nothing like that happens again."

"Couldn't you have just sent some changelings instead?"

"I did ask some to join me, but they ran away from me before I could even finish my sentence. I don't know what I did wrong. I was talking politely and everything."

"Really. Then let's hear it."


'You can do this; you can do this, you can do this.' Twilight chanted to herself.

She was waiting in the gardens for Thorax. Her friends had untied her wings, but they left the headband on. They said something about not wanting her to teleport away again. They had even set up a picnic for her date. Just by looking through the basket, she could tell that her friends made sure that there was no way they could mix up the food. The sandwiches they prepared for them were color-coded with the green wrapping for Thorax’s food and purple wrappings for her food. And so on.

To be honest, Twilight had no idea how this date was going to turn out, but it was for her future in the dating world. She had to do it, even if she wanted to hide forever.

"My what do we have here?" A voice said behind Twilight that turn her trouble mood into a sour one.

'No! Of all the ponies I could see right now.' Twilight turned to face the pony, forcing herself not to leave the picnic area. "Hello, Blueblood. What are you doing here?"

"I was just going for a walk in the garden and so happen to see you here all by yourself."

"I not going to be here alone for long Blueblood. I am expecting company soon."

"Then may I join you two then? It would be a shame to waste such a lovely day."

'NO! I want you to leave. I can't stand this stallion. I thought I made it clear with him the last time he tried to court me. He must believe that this is just going to be a meet up with one of my friends or one of the Princesses. He must have no idea what I'm going to... wait.'

Twilight then smiled, "But of course you can join me,"

"Really?" Blueblood said, surprised that she did wanted him to stay.

"Why yes, I'm sure my guest would just be thrilled to see you."

"Why thank you, your highness," Blueblood said, sitting in front of Twilight, "I hope I won't be a bother for you two."

"I am sure you won't be." 'Not for long at least.' Twilight thought to herself.


Back with the brothers.

Pharynx had just finished telling Thorax how he asked for help. Thorax was rubbing his head at his brothers' statement. He had tried to give him tips on how to be kind to the changelings around him, However...

"Pharynx you sound like a friendly serial killer."

"Ah, but you said friendly."

"We'll get back to you on how to talk to others after my date with the Princess," Thorax and his brother then made their way to the garden. Once there, Pharynx was the first to notice that Twilight wasn't alone.

"Hey who is that with the Princess?"

Thorax looked ahead to see what his brother was talking about and his face darkened, "He's a dead pony, that's who."

Pharynx noticed the change in his brother's voice, "Hay, I thought I was the one with the problem with talking to others here."

"Just make sure I don't actually kill him by accident," Thorax said, spooking his brother for a moment.

"Thorax what are you going to do?"

"Nothing illegal," Thorax said, walking to the ponies as his brother watched from a tree.


"By the way, Princess, who is the guest you are expecting?"

"Oh, I’m sure you two have already met. I recently heard that the last time you two met it wasn't the greatest of greetings, so I thought you two could get along this time while I’m here."

"Well, that is very kind of you. So tell me, who is this pony?" Blueblood asked, not noticing a growing shadow behind him.


Meanwhile, at Rarity’s shop in Canterlot, Starlight and Rarity were going over the inventory and making notes about future orders. Starlight was holding the scroll and writing down what Rarity was saying. But Starlight kept looking up at the castle, wondering how Twilight was doing.

"Are you sure she’s going to be alright?"

"Yes, but just in case we are still in the city," Rarity said, moving to the next set of dresses in her shop. "You can never be too careful."

"But if that’s the case. Shouldn't we be with them... nearby or something?"

"After what happened the last time we tried to help Twilight I don't think she would feel very comfortable with us looking over her shoulder. We need to give Twilight some space to earn her trust back."

"But we didn't do anything wrong."

"That’s true, but Twilight still might not see it that way in her mind. So that’s why I sent Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie as scouts to watch them."

"And if something goes wrong?"

"They will come and get us."

Just then a scream from an unknown origin was heard across Canterlot.

*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKK!*

Starlight looked outside to see ponies in a panic over to the scream but noticed that Rarity didn't seem fazed by it. "Rarity?"

"I don't see Rainbow dash coming for us, do you?"

"No."

"Then it has no concern to us," Rarity said while putting a dress on display.

Starlight then noticed something unusual on Rarity face. Not that she hadn't done it before, it just that this time it looked strange. "Then, why are you smiling?"

"I have no idea, dear. I just feel very happy for some reason."