• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 273 Views, 3 Comments

Time and death intertwined - SilverHoof1



Morrow has been working as a taxi since his change, and one day after a stressful shift he finds a mare that will forever change his life

  • ...
 3
 273

Constant Opposite Day

I let out a groan and stood up from her chair, my body aching from sitting so long and stretched, my joints audibly popping in multiple places. my eyes hurt from staring at the computer screen in front of me for so long, but I was almost done with my job and I had to finish, even if it did entail another few long hours. I took a few seconds to close my eyes and relax, trying to think of my entire body tensing up then the tension flowing right back out. Then my eyes opened and I got back to work, fingers barely touching the keys as I tried my hardest to finish the project I had set myself on as soon as possible.

A few hours later - or was it only one hour… either way, I was on my way back to my house, feet hitting the pavement of the sidewalk in audible clicks that helped me find a constant sound in the bustling town around me. I began to hum a tune after a bit, closing my eyes and simply letting my feet carry me home. They knew where they were going better than I did probably. I felt cold a few times along the walk, but nothing a little shiver didn’t ward away. Within some amount of time I reached my house, and with a sigh of relief I opened the front door and fell forward.

I felt the air rush by as I simply fell forward, my long black hair whipping in a sudden wind from the outdoors as I fell. Then seconds before I hit the ground I instead went through it, my body falling through the ground to emerge standing a few feet away, no longer the same. Oh, why hello there everyone! My name is Jean, or as some very few know me Kabalig! Well, actually nobody knows me by that name, and only one person knows me by Jean but it still counts!

Bet you didn’t expect me to talk to you did ya? Well I happen to be the personification of opposites as some of you might have guessed or figured out, and since the opposite thing most people would expect me to be able to do is talk to you, so here I am doing it. Oh and before most thing this will last long, I might as well describe what I look like. I am first off female, so for any of you who guessed that good job! Second I have average bust and curve, and I can actually modify my body or appearance to other people, which is why I often appear as more of a black cloud so I can stay mysterious.

I found myself lying on the bed a few seconds later, the floor having swallowed me like a whale and leaving me on the queen sized bed I called mine - although it was shared, to be fair. I relaxed into it, snuggling into the soft and fluffy pillows as my bones finally got a chance to rest. My body felt tired from the long day of working as an accountant, figuring out bills and prices for a company so large it couldn’t name a third of its high ranking employes. The main reason I actually worked even though I was a personification was too have something normal I could look to compared to all the madness being the personification of opposites was.

Even though I had more power than most other personifications, could twist reality and make alternate dimensions that others couldn’t imagine (which is how I do it!) it was all too hectic. I didn’t get to socialize very much since whenever someone wanted to know me my mind automatically tried to make me as mysterious as possible. It was kind of annoying, I had so much power I literally couldn’t control what it did. Only one had been able to properly communicate with me, and that had just been a lucky shot on his part. Although, he always got lucky shots since he was the personification of luck.

Luke came into the room slowly, rubbing at his eyes with a hand before looking up at me and smiling. “Hey there Jean, how was work today?”
“Not too good sadly, a lot of computer work and so little talking it was painful,” I groaned, slowly turning over to face him. Luke was the personification of luck, and like me was fairly powerful do to his time warping powers. If he set his mind to something it would happen, no matter how slim the chance was. The only one I had seen who could possibly combat him was Morrow, who was as powerful as him in his literal control OF time. Luke sat down next to me, and I let out a soft sound similar to a purr as I felt his hand slowly rub along my back, the sensation soothing in its nature.
“What's your schedule? Any work tomorrow?” he asked hopefully, his eyes gleaming like a sad puppies. I laughed softly and slowly wound on arm around him and slowly pulled him into the bed next to me before feeling his warm arms wrap around me. “Yes hun I’m open, what about you?”
“Oh I can be open don’t worry,” he boasted with a cocky smile before giving me a gentle squeeze. I cooed softly before turning to him and snuggling into his neck, the small layer of fluff there acting like a better pillow than I could ever hope for. “That's great, see you in the morning then love~”
“Hmhmhm, mhmm~”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lot of years ago…….. like a lot lot

I found myself wandering the small patch of farmland that the one girl had come from, exploring and checking where she grew up. Her parents were worried sick about her, and I felt bad for what I had meant to do, thinking she had already become a personification. Instead, I ended up scaring her so bad she became one pre-emptively. I couldn’t really do anything about it, I just had to hope someone could help her, maybe another nice personification could explain to her what it meant… as for her parents I hoped they wouldn’t morn for too long, and that that girl could talk to her parents at some point and explain. I was broken from my thoughts as a random four leafed clover fell from the sky, slowly sinking down until it rested upon my forehead. I stared at it for a second, confused, before simply blowing it away.

I watched as it floated away, before glowing like a miniature green star and flashing bright, causing me to close my eyes with a startled cry. Slowly the light that was haunting my eyelids faded, and slowly I opened my eyes seeing dots of light still flickering in and out of existence in my vision. Then my eyes completely focused and I saw a man standing in front of me, mostly green with sparkling blue eyes, floating at the same level I was. I suddenly felt the usual chaos that rampaged in my head subside, and for the first time in a while I felt my head clear and let me think straight.

“Why hello there, who might you be miss?” he asked smiling, holding a hand out to me. I blinked in surprise before slowly taking his hand, the darkness that usually hid my features fading away.

“How did you know?”

“Lucky guess,” he said with a shrug still smiling before looking at me closely, seeming to be examining my features. I felt my cheeks flush, not used to being looked at, before his smile grew a bit more and he gave my hand a shake. “My name is Luke, what's yours?” he asked, looking at me with interest. I felt my brain spike like it usually did when asked a direct and I gave a mysterious smile, slowly pulling away. “You’ll have to give that a ‘lucky guess’ to learn that~”

“Ooh I see how it is, what do I have to take you on a magical horse ride into the sunset to learn~?”

“Maybe, it counts on if the horse has flees,” I teased, poking him in the ribs gently. He didn’t have too much muscle on him, but he was more lean and seemed like he was more agile rather than strong. He smiled, and wiggled his fingers in the air before bringing them down to the ground suddenly. I felt my power spike again although I wasn’t sure why and instead of anything happening he was left looking at his hands in confusion.

“O-oh sorry about that, I didn’t know what it was doing,” I stammered, giving him an apologetic look. He shrugged, smiled then slowly put a hand to my forehead. The spikes of power I had been feeling every so often slowly subsided, becoming more like gentle hills rather than jagged spikes. I sighed in relief, and looked up at him in confusion. “What are you?”

“I am a personification, specifically one of luck,” he boasted proudly, his chest puffing out a bit. I marveled at him for a second, before asking, “how does luck manage to calm opposites?”

“It's always a chance to something happening, if a person will be born or not, if a couple will meet that kind of thing and i have the power to edit that chance at will,” he explained, sitting down on the air - somehow. He looked at me, seemed to consider me then smiled, offering me a hand. “Would you like to hang out a bit? Maybe i can help temper your powers a bit,”

After a second I took his hand and nodded, a small smile actually forming on my lips at the new bond found.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present

Looking back we had a fair amount of fights, the two of us having fairly different personalities my own worried and constantly busy while he was carefree and was more likely to be found floating around then actually using his powers. When he did we actually sometimes had fights on if he was using his power on our relationship and was actually messing with me. What if the entire relationship was a lie, or the only reason we were still together was because he was editing his chances?

At the end of the day though we found ourselves both cuddled up together, tired of fighting and slept on it, and most surprisingly both of us usually ended up waking up and apologizing to each other. We both knew each other’s weak spots and nerves and often played off them when we fought, so in the morning it was almost traditional that after a fight we say sorry for anything we said and find comfort in each other rather than anger. I had the feeling that was actually both of our powers working together, his editing chances for us staying together and my own doing the opposite of what would usually happen which could be a lasting grudge between the two lovers.

A relationship with two entities who could alter perceptions and realities could be tough, but just as rewarding as any other relationship. Luke had helped me manage my powers better, and as long as I let them out later I could bottle up all the crazy in my head, allowing it to be stored and actually used in large scale projects. One of those had actually been the escape room, playing off of so many opposites it was almost normal yet not, which had made it fun to create. Something with so many loopholes and opposites going against opposites couldn’t be explained except for one word: ¡ʎzɐɹɔ

The next morning the two of us got up together, yawning and stretching from slightly uncomfortable positions before I slowly stumbled out of bed going to grab my clothes. For some reason the office had decided to screw me and call me in for the day, apparently because Bob couldn't come in even though I had specifically asked to be off today. When I had gotten home my clothes had actually simply fallen off my body to make cuddling in bed easier, but it made it a pain for collecting. When I got to them the first thing I did was manipulate the opposite of what they were, dirty, and made them clean. Then I thought of the opposite of what they were, and they changed colors completely and the tomboy like outfit became a pretty green work dress.

I slid it on, finding it fairly comfortable if a little itchy and sighed, popping my back in multiple places as I prepared to head back to work. “See ya later hun, what was the plan tonight?”

“Hrmm.. mmmm… wait wuh?” he groaned sleepily, still lazing around in bed.

“Weren't you taking today off?”

“Yeah but they decided to screw me, so we will have to move our plans to later,”

“Alright then, Weren’t we going to go visit that little personification family, maybe play a joke or two on them?”

“Oh, mmmm… it would be better today to just talk to them or watch them, maybe we can even introduce ourselves properly and make some lasting friends,”

“Hmm maybe but probably not, see ya hun!”

“There can be no probably not with me love! And see ya later,” he called after me, and I smiled rolling my eyes and kept on walking to work.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment