• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 273 Views, 3 Comments

Time and death intertwined - SilverHoof1



Morrow has been working as a taxi since his change, and one day after a stressful shift he finds a mare that will forever change his life

  • ...
 3
 273

Time, Death And Life

My hand slowly caressed Inum’s fiery hair as we laid on the couch that morning, both having fallen asleep from watching the movie. The flames seemed brighter than last night, and the edges were naturally tinged with deeper blue and even a bit of purple. Her skin seemed healthier, a shining black like onyx while the blue on her hands seemed to radiate more heat than the rest of her body. She felt warmer in general too, almost softer.

She made a soft happy sound as her head pressed into my shoulder, face resting against it while my hand continued its motion along the top of her head. Before long her arms found their way around me, and the bit of coldness that had crept into my skin from the night in only clothes seemed to melt away, her heat growing warm and tender, like that of a purring kitten, pressed up against your leg. Then she pulled her face out of my shoulder and gave me a smile, the happiest one I had seen on her face the last few days. “My body gets warmer the happier I am..”

“Ah I see, well then I need to make you warmer~”

“Oh? And however will you do that hmhmhm~?”

“With lots of cuddles, love and a couple kisses,” I responded smiling at her playfully, and she opened one of her eyes to look at me her own smile growing. “That will work~”

A few hours later we were at the table, eating a meal we had cooked together. She had managed to cook some pretty good bacon up, then the two of us combined her bacon with my omelette mix and managed to make something like a bacon wrapped omelette, with onions, peppers and little bits of bacon covered in three blend cheese. It was amazing, and despite the popcorn last night we managed to finish a 12in pan of it. Only problem was we were both so stuffed we could barely move. We both sat at the kitchen table like we had before, joking and talking pleasantly. Then, an idea struck me.

“Hey inum, have you been feeling any different recently?”

“Mmm? Not really, maybe a bit stronger with a side of love, but that's mostly it,”

“Have you ever heard of yin and yang, hun?”

At the use of a nickname she blushed, then it slowly faded as she thought about the question. Then I saw what I knew I would see, a flash of recognition passed through her eyes and a hand shot to her face. I nodded, smiling and slowly got up, sitting next to her. Her eyes seemed to shimmer, as I slowly leaned over and rested my head on her shoulder.

“Yin and Yang is symbolism for everything good comes with a bit of bad, and everything bad comes with a bit of good… the colors to symbolise this is a wheel,”

Slowly the shimmering grew, and as she clutched her mouth with a hand a slow tear fell from both her eyes.

“Yin, like a teardrop with a black spot… then yang, which is a black teardrop with a white circle… “

Tears now freely fell from her eyes and onto the ground below, soft gasps coming from her mouth as she tried to stifle her soft sobs. I slowly leaned up, and with two fingers closed her eyes, before gently kissing both of them. The tears continued, then soon feeling compelled my own turned a strange, multi colored state while my own began to leak moisture as well. Slowly and carefully I rested my forehead against her own, closing my eyes while picking her up and moving her onto my lap.

We sat like that for a time, head to head, tear matching tear. My hand slowly caressed her back while her arms wrapped tight around my back, and before long the tears dried up. We kept sitting their though, clutching one another both smiling before lips met lips and we kissed again. A slow, long kiss that left me feeling lightheaded. Then pulling away just a bit from one another, I spoke four soft words while staring into her eyes, like the void with a single star.

“Welcome, Incarnation of death”

Now we roamed the streets, Inum seeming mystified as people looked at her and a few even waved, smiling friendly. The nice thing about the small town we lived in was there were very few unfriendly, and everyone was interested to meet the mare with fire for hair. A few little kids even came up to her and asked in squeaky voices how she was doing it, much to her delight. Whenever they did she would smile like a small child herself and crouch down, letting them see her hair wasn’t hot much to their amazement. Then after answering a few questions she would gently usher them back to their waiting parents, almost like a mother.

“Your pretty good with kids, huh?” I asked as we walked through the park, one hand gently wrapped around her waist. She nodded smiling a bit and wrapped an arm around my back. “I guess so, I just like them they are always so innocent, untouched by hardship and life and lies… no other time you can be like that no matter how hard you try,” she said softly, watching with a small smile as a game of tag happened further down in the park.

“So your not innocent hm~?” I asked with a playful smirk, and she blushed punching my arm lightly.

“S-shush or i’ll cut your thread,” she grumped with her pouty face, and I couldn’t help but poke her in the side.

“You can’t~”

“Mmm.. maybe not but I can shush you,”

“How will you do that?”

“Easy!” she said happily, then reached up and covered my mouth with one of hers. When I looked at her face it resembled a cat’s that is about to pounce, the corners of her mouth lifted up just a bit as she gave me a playful look with her eyes. I laughed softly behind the cover of her hand, before gently pulling it off my mouth.

“Hey no fai - “ she managed to say, before making a surprised “eep!” sound as I gently twirled her around in place, making the black dress she had been wearing flair just a bit before catching her, looking down at her smiling a bit. She looked back up at me, blushing to the point her face was like a tomato before softly whispering “meanie..”

“Oh shush you liked that,” I teased softly, pulling her back up gently to her feet as she glared at me a bit.

“No I didn’t, I didn’t like that at all,”

“Lyer~”

“Hrmph,” she grumped again, but still pressed against me lightly as we found our way to a shimmering fountain. We sat at the edge, and sliding my hand over she took it, both of us looking up at the sky. It was bright and cloudless, a sea of light blue with very faint sparkles of the distant space hidden behind the light of the sun. Although who needs a night sky when you can look to your lover’s eyes and see the night sky there?

“Funny how fast your life can change,” she said softly, looking down at our held hands. I nodded, and slowly leaned back careful not to do it enough to fall into the water. A red haze took my vision again and flashes of the future flew under my eyelids before I opened my eyes and looked over to her. “All the world needs to change is effort, all it takes to change your life is effort and a true want to do so,” I said softly, looking into her eyes again. “When someone truly tries, anything is possible,”

“That's true I guess, although for me it was more luck,” she said softly rubbing the back of her head, then I softly swore under my breath looking into the sky. A soft chuckle was heard and a four leaf clover slowly fell from the sky onto my forehead, and I sighed. I didn’t know how that irish bastard did it, but he messed up the future a bit and had me meet Inum a bit early. Not that I minded though, but still it was the principle of the matter. I could still remember discord cursing him as well when I had one that blackjack game against him.

“You know its funny, it seems as if I’ve been what I would consider the perfect life with death,” I mused, and Inum giggled softly. “Your stuck with me now too, so get used to it~”

I sat back up again and pressed Inum to my side before smiling a bit, giving her side a gentle squeeze. She smiled back, and we shared a brief kiss before I looked to her clothes, and realized she was wearing the same top she had originally got. “I think we need to get you some more clothes before you run out,”

“Aww but now i’ll be seen and you’ll have to pay for them,” she protested softly, then I smirked.

“Incarnations can decide to be unseen, just focus~”

Ten minutes later we both walked out of the store with a bag of clothes each, strutting out with confidence. I even had grabbed a pair of shades for the occasion, but they seemed to not like my eyes very much. Despite the sunglasses being normal they seemed to interfere with my eyesight a bit making it blurry. After a little bit more I pulled them off and placed them on a random guy’s head as we passed by.

Suddenly as we walked my vision was blocked by a hard red haze, but this was almost solid to the point I couldn’t see past it, and in that haze I saw in the next day a pink colored person with red hair and a beautiful form, if not as nice as Inum’s, outside the door tilting her head confused. A single word seemed to shimmer above her head, spelling “love”. It seemed we would be getting a visit very, very soon.

Author's Note:

If anyone is curious, an immature personification can become complete when they find something to complete them, this is usually another personification either through friendship or love. Inum's missing piece was morrow, he was the bit of Yin to her Yang.