• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,773 Views, 143 Comments

Huge Mistake - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow and Flash's relationship is put in peril when he finds out she had cheated on him.

  • ...
18
 143
 2,773

A Chat with the Source

Flash stared at the tester, shocked at the green display.

You couldn’t tell by looking at his face, though, as it was still blank.

He closed his eyes, and let out a long sigh. Rainbow looked at him, then the tester.

“What? Was that a sigh of relief, or dismay?” She asked worriedly.

Eyes still closed, he turned the display around for Rainbow to see. She squinted a little trying to see the small display a distance away from her.

Rainbow’s eyes widened in horror as she observed the color green on the display.

“Congratulations, you’re a mother of three now!” Flash exclaimed sarcastically. “Or four, or five, depending.”

Rainbow stared for a few seconds, silent. Then she found the words.

“Y…you…you make that sound like it’s a bad thing…” She stammered.

Flash immediately responded. “It is a bad thing, Rainbow! You do realize that’s not my foal you’re carrying!” He exclaimed loudly, pointing at her belly.

Rainbow had never seen Thunder Flash yell at her like this. At least not that she could remember.

She tried to keep her stature, and to not burst out crying. Because that’s all she wanted to do right now.

Flash continued with his rage. “This is what’s known as ADULTERY. You cheated on me, Rainbow. And that is a VERY. BAD. THING.”

Rainbow stared at him for a few more seconds, then swung around and walked down the hallway. She walked into their room, and closed the door behind her.

Flash also walked down the hallway, hoping to clear things up with Rainbow Dash. But when he reached the bedroom door, he found it locked.

“C’mon Rainbow, open up.” He asked nicely.

“No, I want to be alone!” He heard her exclaim. Judging by the sound of her voice, he could tell she was crying pretty hard in there.

Flash sighed.

What kind of monster am I? I just made Rainbow Dash herself cry! Rainbow Dash, the strongest pegasus in Equestria, both physically and emotionally!

Flash walked toward the front door.

“Kids, I want you to stay in your rooms for now, because I’m going out for a while!” He called.

“But what about mom?” He heard Starlight call back.

Flash hesitated. “She’s busy right now.” He responded.

He opened the door, and flew away.

……………………………………

Blaze and Starlight texted each other from their rooms, since they weren’t exactly allowed to leave. (Don’t ask me when they got cell phones.)

“What do you think that was all about?” Starlight sent.

“From what I heard earlier, I think mom……did it with someone else.” Blaze sent back.

It took a couple minutes for Starlight to respond. “Omigosh.” She sent.

Then she sent another message. “Where’d you think dad went?”

“Dunno.” Blaze replied.

Her and Blaze continued to text.

“And what was that about carrying a foal?” Starlight asked.

“Do you know what that means?” Blaze asked.

“…No.”

“It means…”

There was an agonizing two minute pause of no messaging.

“What, what does it mean?!”

“It means mom is pregnant again.” Blaze answered.

After sending that message, he whispered to himself. “3…2…1…”

Right on cue, Starlight sent a text. “Omigosh.”

The noise heard afterward was immediate. “Haha! Called it!” Blaze yelled from his room.

Starlight rolled her eyes, and sent another text. “Not funny.”

…………………………………

Soarin lounged around on his leather sofa, watching Family Colt. It’s just what he liked to do when he was bored.

Besides being a pegasus, Soarin actually lived on the ground. This was most likely because it was easier to afford (even though he was rich enough to swim in a pool of bits at any given moment).

Suddenly, his show was interrupted by a knock at the door.

“Ugh, probably another paparazzi.” He grumbled.

He jumped up off the sofa, and jogged to the door. When he opened it, he was delighted to see Thunder Flash standing on the other side.

“Hey Thunder! What’s going on?” Soarin asked in his upbeat manner. “Wanna come in?”

“Yeah, sure.” Flash answered.

He entered Soarin’s home, and Soarin closed the door behind him.

When Flash entered the living room, he observed the show on TV.

“Hey, this is that episode when Peter goes back to 1984, like from Back to the Future!” Flash exclaimed.

“Yeah, I’ve seen this one a million times, but I never get sick of it!” Soarin replied.

Both Soarin and Flash sat down on the leather couch, and struck up on conversation.

“So, how’s Rainbow Dash doing?” Soarin asked. He turned off the TV.

“Well, that’s actually what I came to talk to you about, Soarin.” Flash responded.

Soarin’s expression changed. “Really?”

“Yes. Well, you see-”

Soarin interrupted. “I think I know what this is about. Is this from that night after the party?”

Flash nodded. “You guessed it.”

“Yeah, I thought so. Let me just say I’m really, really sorry about that. I understand she’s your wife and all, but I was extremely drunk that night. I wasn’t thinking at all.” Soarin apologized.

Flash stared for a couple seconds, then sighed. “Well, you seem to be handling this very maturely, but that doesn’t solve my current problem.” He said.

“Oh really? What’s the matter?”

Flash kept hesitating. He just couldn’t grasp the words.

“Whatever it is, I think I can help.” Soarin added.

“Oh, you really think so? She’s pregnant, Soarin. You knocked her up on that, ‘oh so magical’ night of yours!”

Soarin’s expression changed completely. “Okay, I don’t know how to solve that.” He blurted.

“Well, you caused it!” Flash returned.

Soarin thought long and hard for a moment. He mumbled something barely audible.

“What did you say?” Flash asked.

“Nothing, it’s a bad idea.” Soarin responded.

“What was it?”

Soarin hesitated. “Well…she could get an abortion.” He suggested.

“A what?”

“An abortion. It’s where a mare can revoke her expectancy, and kill the fetus inside her.” He explained.

Flash’s face twisted into a very disgusted expression. “How would you do that?” He asked.

“It’s beyond me. I don’t ever have to get one.” Soarin replied. He chuckled a few times.

Flash stared blank-faced for a few seconds. He shook off the daze, then replied, “There’s no way I’m letting her do that. According to what you just said, that would be murder.” He said.

“Well it’s either you do that, or wait to see what gender it is. Your choice.” Soarin responded.

Flash’s face twisted in disgust again. “How could you not take responsibility for this? You’re the one who did that to her!” He exclaimed.

“I just don’t see what I can do.” Soarin replied calmly.

“Well, I guess you’re right. But there is ONE thing you can do.” Flash said.

“Name it.”

“You can be there for her when it’s time for the foal to be born.”

Soarin began to realize the gravity of the words Flash was setting down upon him.

“You can bet your dark-colored flank I’ll be there.” Soarin said reassuringly.

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

I hope this was dramatic enough for your tastes! (This is your taste, right?)
Let me know what you think so far!