• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,773 Views, 143 Comments

Huge Mistake - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow and Flash's relationship is put in peril when he finds out she had cheated on him.

  • ...
18
 143
 2,773

A Search Party of Two

Blaze and Starlight had been sitting in their rooms for hours, and hadn’t heard a noise the whole time.

There was a knock at Blaze’s door. When it opened, he saw Starlight.

“Can I come in?” She asked.

“Fine.”

Starlight came in, and sat down next to Blaze.

“I didn’t feel like texting, so I wanted to talk to you personally.”

“Oh, I see.” Blaze responded.

“Did you hear the argument in the kitchen a few hours ago?”

“Yeah! It’s been silent ever since. Judging by what it sounded like, I think mom left us.”

Starlight gasped, looking taken back. “Does she still love dad?”

Blaze sighed. “At this point, I don’t know.”

He looked at Starlight, who appeared to be frightened.

“I’m sure she’ll return, she’s very loyal, after all.” Blaze reassured.

There was a couple seconds of awkward silence between the two siblings.

“Do you think we should go see what the silence is?” Starlight asked.

“You read my mind.” Blaze immediately responded.

………………………………………

Blaze and Starlight tiptoed out of his room, and down the hall. They looked in the kitchen, and saw a smashed wedding ring on the table.

Starlight gasped. “Oh no!”

The two turned around, and looked in the living room. There they saw dozens of liquor bottles laying around on the floor, and Thunder Flash half-asleep on the couch with a bottle in his hoof.

“Hey dad, whatcha doing?” Blaze asked nervously.

Flash jumped. He wasn’t aware that his kids were standing right at the hallway entrance.

“Huh, what?” He asked.

“I asked what you were doing.” Blaze repeated.

Flash turned to him. “Drinking.”

Blaze pretended to be confused. “What for?”

“It’s nothing, just go back to your room.” Flash ordered.

“I already know this is about mom. I just wanted to say I’m sorry.” Blaze replied.

“Yeah well, whatever. I don’t know where she went, or if she’s even coming back. And with a foal coming, it could be dangerous.”

Starlight stood behind Blaze, holding firmly onto his hoof. She seemed to be terrified at what Flash was telling them about Rainbow Dash.

Blaze hesitated. “So I guess that explains the broken wedding ring?”

Flash sighed long and deep. “I…I don’t want to talk about it…” He stuttered.

Blaze and Starlight slowly turned around, and walked back to Blaze’s room.

…………………………………

As the siblings sat in Blaze’s room, Blaze thought, and Starlight looked around. Suddenly, Blaze stomped his hoof down.

“I got it.”

“What?”

“We’re going to have to find mom ourselves.” Blaze said.

Starlight was taken back. “What? Are you crazy?”

“Yes, yes I am. Follow me.”

Starlight, out of curiosity, decided to listen to her brother. Once again, they both tiptoed out of Blaze’s room.

Once they reached the living room, they observed Flash sleeping on the couch, with the same bottle of vodka in his hoof.

Starlight headed for the front door while Blaze headed for the kitchen. He got a sticky note from the drawer, and set it down. He also got a pencil, and gripped it in his mouth.

On the sticky note, he wrote, “Dear dad, went to go play with friends. –Blaze and Starlight”

He walked over to Flash, and stuck the note on Flash’s liquor bottle. He then went to join Starlight at the door, and they left.

…………………………………

Blaze and Starlight buzzed their tiny wings, and descended towards Ponyville.

Because they were both Rainbow Dash’s offspring, their wings were very strong for how young they were.

“So where do we start?” Starlight asked.

“We should begin with her friends. I’d imagine she would be with them in a time like this.” Blaze suggested.

“Twilight will be our first stop.” Starlight announced.

…………………………………


Twilight was using a new laptop she had purchased to research something, and Spike was watching her. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

“Spike, would you get that?” Twilight asked.

“Sure thing, Twi!” Spike replied.

When Spike opened the door, he saw Blaze and Starlight on the other side.

“Hey you guys! Why are you here all alone?” Spike asked.

“We just came to ask Twilight something.” Starlight answered.

“She’s over on her bed, using her laptop. You can come in, if you want.”

Blaze and Starlight entered the library. While Starlight sat down in front of the TV, Blaze went upstairs to talk to Twilight.

When Blaze made it upstairs, Twilight looked up at him.

“Hey Blaze, it’s been a long time!” Twilight greeted.

“Yeah, I know! Listen, have you seen mom anywhere?” He asked.

“Oh, you mean Rainbow Dash? No, I haven’t seen her…in a long time, actually.” Twilight replied. “Why?”

“Well, it’s just that her and dad got in this big argument, and she left after it was over.”

Twilight looked surprised.

“Oh really? Well, I’ll let you know if I see her. Good luck on your search!”

“Thanks. You were actually our first stop, so a lot of luck remains. Bye!”

Blaze walked downstairs, and he and Starlight left the library.

“So who’s next?” Starlight asked.

Blaze smiled. “Pinkie Pie.”

………………………………

Blaze and Starlight trotted through the shopping district, on their way to Sugarcube Corner. And wouldn’t you know it, they ran into Pinkie herself.

“Oh hey you two! Where’re you going?”

“We were actually coming to ask you something.” Blaze said.

“Yeah, do you know where our mom is?” Starlight added.

“Oh, you mean Dashie? I don’t know where she went.” Pinkie answered, shrugging her shoulders.

Blaze chuckled.

“What, what is it?” Starlight asked him.

“It’s just that dad sometimes calls mom ‘Dashie.’”

………………………………

With no luck from Pinkie Pie, the siblings’ next stop was Fluttershy. Her house was fixed a long time ago, and she miraculously recovered her animal friends along with it.

The two approached the front door, and knocked on it. After a couple seconds, Fluttershy answered.

“Oh hey, you two. Where’s your mother?” She asked.

“Actually, we came to ask you. She ran off after a big argument with dad.” Starlight replied.

“Hmm……I don’t know where Rainbow Dash could’ve gone.”

“Are you sure you didn’t see her anywhere around here, like in the Everfree Clearing?” Blaze asked.

“You know, that clearing used to be a forest, called Everfree Forest. In fact, it was a bad luck streak your mom had a very long time ago that caused its destruction.” Fluttershy informed.

“Really?” Blaze and Starlight marveled simultaneously.

“Yes. In fact, if it weren’t for that bad luck streak, you two wouldn’t have been born.”

“Whoa, this is nuts!” Blaze raved. “Are you serious?”

Fluttershy nodded. “Her bad luck streak is how she met your father. And I think you know what happened after that that caused you two.”

“Wooowww…” Blaze and Starlight stuttered.

“Well, we’d better get moving on to the next friend. We need to find out where she went, because she’s having a foal in a few months.” Blaze explained.

Fluttershy’s eyes went wide, and she gaped in shock. “What?”

“Yeah, I think it’s a unicorn colt.” Starlight added.

Fluttershy continued to stare at them in utter disbelief.

“Well, bye Fluttershy!” Blaze called as they both left. Fluttershy was still staring in shock.

………………………………

Blaze and Starlight still had no luck after visiting Applejack and Rarity. They were stumped as to where to look next.

“Where could mom possibly be?” Starlight asked.

Blaze’s expression changed, and he did a face-hoof.

“What, what is it?” Starlight asked.

“Ugh, how could I have been so stupid…” Blaze muttered.

“What? What?” Starlight asked with anxiety.

Blaze reached up, and grabbed her hoof. “Follow me.”

………………………………

After trekking through Ponyville a little bit, the two siblings finally reached the house Blaze was looking for.

“Alright, I’m sure she’s here. Now just play it cool, and pretend we’re just out for a visit. Okay?”

Starlight nodded, and Blaze knocked on the door.

After a few seconds, the door was answered.

“Hey you two! What’re you doing out here at this time?”

“Hey, Soarin. We just came by for a visit. Mind if we come in?” Blaze responded.

“Sure, there’s a spot on the couch by my other guest right there.”

Blaze and Starlight walked into the living room, and saw Rainbow Dash herself sitting on the couch.

She turned around to see them. “Hey, you two.”

Starlight’s jaw dropped. “Omigosh…”

Blaze smiled. “Thank Celestia we found you.”

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

Just trying to get as many chapters done as I can before I leave. I’ll be gone this Wednesday, so don’t expect any chapters from then until the 20th!