• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,773 Views, 143 Comments

Huge Mistake - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow and Flash's relationship is put in peril when he finds out she had cheated on him.

  • ...
18
 143
 2,773

Feeding Time

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER!

A couple of days later, all was quiet around the house. Except for Blaze, that is.

He snored loudly in front of the TV while it played Equestrian Idol. The remote rested in his hoof.

After a few minutes, the foal crawled in the room through the hallway. He approached the couch, and looked up at his sleeping brother.

He sprawled out against the couch, and reached up as high as his little stature could take him. But he couldn’t get up.

He pounded against it a couple times, trying to awaken his sibling, with little efficiency.

The foal stopped for a second, and closed his eyes tightly. Soon after, his horn began to glow.


…....................................


“Hey Blaze? I need you to fly to the post office and drop something off for me.” Flash called as he walked down the hallway.

When he reached the living room, Blaze snored on the couch while Rainbow’s foal sat next to him, sucking on his hoof.

Flash chuckled, highly amused.

“How in Equestria did you get up on the sofa?” He laughed.

The foal just glanced at him, then returned his focus to Blaze’s hoof.

Flash shook his head. “When Blaze wakes up he’s in for a nasty surprise.”

He turned around, and headed for the kitchen. He set the letter that needed to be sent on the table. Grabbing a pen, he scribbled a note on it saying, “To Blaze, please run this down to the post office. -Flash”.

By the time he put the pen back away, he heard a noise. An amazing, heartwarming noise that brought back memories of when Blaze and Starlight were little foals.

Rainbow’s foal was clicking his tongue.

“No...way.” Flash stuttered.

He slowly walked over to the living room, and looked down at the couch. There he saw the foal sitting on his hind legs, his attention away from Blaze’s hoof.

He looked up at Flash, and clicked his tongue again.

Flash chuckled with glee. “Omigosh, this is so crazy! It’s been such a long time since I’ve heard that!”

Flash knew. Heck, how could he forget? Clicking tongues had always been the sign of hunger. He thought it was so adorable.

Flash shook his head again. “I swear to Celestia, Rainbow Dash HAD to have done that when she was a foal.” He whispered.

“Hey Rainbow! Come in here!” He called.

He heard a loud groan coming from their room. Looks like Rainbow doesn’t want to get up.

Flash turned to the foal, and picked it up. He set the foal on his back, and it flopped forward, lying on top of him.

Flash heard hoofsteps coming down the hall, and they sounded horribly off-rhythm. By the time Rainbow Dash came into view, she was limping badly.

“Are you okay?” Flash asked.

“No. The stitches I got only seem to hurt worse as time goes on.” She responded.

“Guess who’s hungry?” He asked playfully.

Rainbow sighed. “Look, if you want a bite to eat, why don’t you just-”

“No, not me! I’m talking about the foal!” He laughed.

As if on cue, the foal turned toward his mother, and clicked his tongue again.

After seeing the foal, Rainbow let out another sigh, this one long and hard.

“You know what that means!” He chirped.

“Yes. Unfortunately, I do.”

Rainbow trudged over to Flash, and grabbed the foal. Then she limped back to their room with it. She closed the door behind her, and locked it.

Flash was silent for a second.

“Are you sure I can’t be in there with you?” He called.

“Not happening!” Was the quick reply.

Flash laughed at his joke.

Blaze jolted awake, and slowly looked down at his hoof, which was dripping with slobber.

“Eww, dad. That’s just disgusting.”

Flash turned to him with surprise. “Hey, I didn’t do it!”

….............................................

About twenty minutes later, Flash was still denied access to his room.

“Is he still feeding?” He asked through the door.

“Yeah, surprisingly. Apparently he was very hungry.” Came the response.

“It’s pretty amazing that he can feed for this long.” Flash mused.

He heard a chuckle. “Yeah, you’re telling me. I’m not sure I have much more to offer.” She replied.

It was silent for a couple seconds.

“Hey, how long ago did Twilight perform that spell on the house?” He asked.

It was silent again, for Rainbow was trying to recall.

“I think it was about four days. Why?”

“Nothing, I just don’t want a crisis where our foal fell ten-thousand feet to its death.” Flash answered.

He heard a shiver from the other side of the door. “Don’t say that.”

There was another silence. Flash heard a small noise of surprise, and the door unlocked.

When he stepped inside, Rainbow was at the door where she had just unlocked it, and the foal slept soundly on their bed.

“What happened?” He asked.

Rainbow shrugged. “The foal just...fell asleep. Right in the middle of feeding.”

They both looked at each other, and shrugged again.

“Hey dad?” Came a call from down the hall. “Where’s the post office?”

To be Continued...


Author Notes:

Hello hello hello! I apologize ever so deeply for the late update. I know some of you were probably tapping your hooves on the floor, waiting for the next chapter. I also apologize for this not being a very long chapter to suit your needs. However, I have made it back onto Google Drive, so chapter updates will be common now!