• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,775 Views, 143 Comments

Huge Mistake - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow and Flash's relationship is put in peril when he finds out she had cheated on him.

  • ...
18
 143
 2,775

The New Best Flyer

------------------------------
-Chapter Prologue-
------------------------------

That night, after Blaze and Starlight had gone to bed, Flash and Rainbow were still awake. Flash walked out of the bathroom, and went to join Rainbow in their bed. Rainbow lied on her side.

“Hey…Rainbow?” Flash asked.

Rainbow turned over to her other side, and looked at him.

“What was up with earlier? Blaze told me you rudely kicked him out after what he said, and you came back totally different that evening.”

“Well to start, I heard that pregnant mares get strange mood swings, so I bet that’s part of it, if anything.” Rainbow explained.

Flash nodded.

“Also, right before Blaze left, he said…” Rainbow hesitated.

Flash stared with anxiety. “What, what did he say?”

“He said ‘goodbye mom…’” As she said this, she looked down.

Flash continued to stare, fascinated by the story unfolding before him.

“As soon as he closed the door after saying that, I realized I made a huge mistake. I spent the whole afternoon thinking about what he said.”

There was a couple seconds of silence before Flash spoke. “What did Soarin say about the foal?”

“He said it was up to me. It is mine, after all.” Rainbow replied.

“So, what’ll it be?”

“I decided we should keep it, and give the kids a little brother.” Rainbow said with a smile.

Flash also smiled. “I knew you’d choose the right decision.”

Flash leaned over, and kissed Rainbow Dash.

------------------------------
-Chapter-
------------------------------

……………………………………
-6 months later-
……………………………………

Twilight was in the shopping district, because she had run out of parchment. While she was there, she ran into Flash.

“Hey, Flash! It’s been a while.”

“Yeah, it has. What are you buying?” Flash asked.

“Oh, just some parchment for checklists. It’s that time of the month again. How about you?”

Flash sighed. “Diapers.”

Twilight laughed, then suddenly went silent, struck by realization.

“Wait…your children are too old for diapers. Is there something I should know about?”

Flash didn’t hesitate. “Yeah, Rainbow is expecting a foal in a couple weeks.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped, and she stared at him in shock.

“I believe it’s a male unicorn.” Flash added.

Twilight continued to stare.

“Well, I have to get back to my shopping. Later!” He said.

As Flash trotted off, Twilight continued to stare in disbelief.

…………………………………

When Flash walked in the door, he set the bag of utilities on the kitchen table, and walked into the living room. Once there, he took in a rather interesting scene.

Rainbow and Blaze sat in the room watching TV, but only Rainbow was actually looking at the screen. Blaze looked at Rainbow with a twisted expression on his face.

Flash chuckled. “What’s up with you?”

Blaze stuttered. “Mom’s stomach is moving…” He answered, almost sounding terrified. “Is something wrong with her?”

“No, the foal inside her is just kicking around, that’s all.” Flash replied.

Blaze looked back at Rainbow. “Cool…”

“Okay, could all of you stop staring at me? I’ve been trying to ignore the kicking foal for half an hour!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“You should be happy about it, not annoyed!” Flash chuckled.

“Well, it feels weird. I don’t appreciate it.”

Flash walked up to get a closer look. Sure enough, you could see tiny hooves kicking at Rainbow Dash from the inside.

Flash thought it was adorable. “I have to get a video of this!”

He ran to their room to get his video camera.

“No, don’t you dare!” Rainbow yelled.

She jumped off the couch, and barreled into their room after him.

Flash quickly searched through the closet, trying to find his video camera. Suddenly, Rainbow Dash burst into the room, and tackled him. They wrestled for a few minutes, then Rainbow managed to pin Flash.

“Whoa, when did you get so strong?” He exclaimed.

“It was easy; I have extra weight to aid me. About eight pounds of it, to be exact.” She replied.

Flash didn’t say anything. He looked up behind him, and saw his video camera. Suddenly, Rainbow grabbed it.

“Oh no, don’t even think about it. I don’t want a soppy pregnancy video of me up on YouTube.”

Flash lifted his head, and glanced down at Rainbow’s belly. Rainbow followed his gaze, and they both saw her belly dead-silent.

“Ha, it won’t work anyway! He stopped kicking!” She said with delight.

“He was probably startled when you jumped off the couch. That’s most likely why he stopped.” Flash explained. “Now could you get off me?”

“If I get off, are you still going to take the video camera?” Rainbow asked.

“…Maybe.”

“Then no. I’m staying right here.”

There was a few seconds of awkward silence.

“Well, if you’re on top of me, why don’t we make the most of it?” He suggested.

Rainbow gave him a confused look. A few seconds later, she began to understand what he was proposing.

A grin spread on her face. “Wow, Flash. Just…wow.”

Flash stared at her, and said nothing. He winked at her.

………………………………

Blaze walked into Starlight’s room without permission. When he looked around, he saw Starlight napping on the floor in front of a piece of paper and a mess of crayons.

He tiptoed over to her and snatched the green crayon out of her hoof to wake her up. And sure enough, it worked.

“Huh, wha?” Starlight muttered, looking around. She looked up, and saw Blaze.

“What are you doing in here?” She asked.

“Don’t tell me you slept through the whole commotion in the living room just a moment ago!” Blaze exclaimed.

“I guess I must have. What happened?”

“Well, I saw mom’s stomach moving, and I didn’t know what it was. Dad told me it was her foal kicking.”

“Aww!”

“You actually think that’s cute?” Blaze asked.

“Well yeah! Go on.”

“Okay, so dad thought it was adorable, and ran into their room to get a video camera, and mom burst in after him. I don’t know what happened after that, but if you press your ear up to the wall in my room, you can hear them making out.” Blaze said with a huge smile.

Starlight quickly sat up. “Seriously?”

“Yeah, follow me!”

Starlight stood up, and followed Blaze to his room. Blaze motioned her towards the wall, so she pressed her ear up to the surface. What she heard sounded a lot like someone chewing Starbursts with their mouth wide open.

“I don’t know if that’s sick, or awesome. Or both.” Starlight said; her ear still up to the wall.

“Well, at least it’s good to know they put that little incident behind them.” Blaze added.

“What incident?”

“You know…the one where we tried to find mom, and ended up being booted away? The one where we thought we lost her for good?” Blaze explained.

“Oh…that one.”

“Thank goodness for mood swings!” Blaze exclaimed.

Starlight continued to listen through the wall.

“What is so great about what’s going on in there?” Blaze asked.

“It just sounds so weird…” She responded.

Blaze grinned. “Maybe I should get my disposable camera and snap a photo of them.” He suggested; his grin widening.

Starlight gasped. “Blaze, you wouldn’t!”

“Oh yes I would! Be right back.”

Blaze grabbed his camera from his closet, and tiptoed down the hall to the end, where their parents’ room awaited. Starlight poked her head out Blaze’s door, and observed.

Blaze slowly creaked the door open, and tiptoed inside ever so quietly. As soon as he was in sight of the action, he fired up the flash, and snapped a photo.

The flash awoke them both from their fantasy land, and they looked at him.

Blaze laughed hysterically, and bolted out the door. Flash quickly leaped off the ground like a bullet, and flew after him.

Blaze flew out the front door, and soared above the streets of Ponyville as fast as his little wings could take him. Flash was trailing close, but didn’t get closer or farther.

Blaze flew straight upwards, climbing to dangerous altitudes. Flash followed him, not breaking a sweat.

“You give me back that camera!” He shouted.

“You have to catch me first!” Blaze shouted back. He entered a dive, and flew at blinding speeds towards the ground. Not giving up, Flash flew after him.

Fifteen-thousand feet gone, five-thousand to go. At this point, it’s either pull up, or slow down.

However, Blaze did neither of those. He kept diving, and only seemed to accelerate.

Flash beat his wings as hard as he could, but Blaze only seemed to get faster by the second.

It was no use, he couldn’t catch him. He stopped in mid-air, and floated.

He watched in a huge mixture of awe and disbelief as a cone formed around Blaze, sharpening and strengthening until it exploded in a mass-array of color and light, devastating the clouds surrounding it. At the same time, Blaze accelerated to double his original speed, and had a rainbow trail behind him.

He pulled up just before the ground, and flew gracefully over Ponyville, blessing it with a beautiful rainbow and earning cheers from nearby bystanders.

Flash couldn’t believe his eyes. His son just performed the Sonic Rainboom.

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

Hello, everypony! I’m back! Did you enjoy this chapter?
I don’t really know where I’m going with the plot line, I’m just scribbling down what comes into mind. I’ll find a good way to wrap it up when I reach the end!