• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,772 Views, 143 Comments

Huge Mistake - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow and Flash's relationship is put in peril when he finds out she had cheated on him.

  • ...
18
 143
 2,772

The Time has Come

Flash didn’t waste a second. He burst into his home as fast as he could, startling both Rainbow and Starlight.

“Whoa Flash, slow down! What is it?” Rainbow asked.

Flash had to catch his breath. He tried to speak, but only stuttered.

Rainbow walked over to him. “Just calm down, tiger. What’s the problem?”

Flash stuttered his reply. “B…b…Blaze……did the Sonic Rainboom!”

Rainbow’s jaw dropped, and she stared at him in shock.

Starlight spoke up from the living room. “Oh, so that’s why we’re out of power! The darn TV won’t turn on anymore!”

Now that Starlight mentioned that, Flash did notice all the lights had gone out. Rainbow was still staring in disbelief.

Flash was starting to catch up with his lungs, and could finally speak.

“After he took that picture of us, I bolted after him to retrieve the camera. But he was too fast for me to catch up, so I stopped. He kept going, and eventually performed the Sonic Rainboom.”

Rainbow Dash continued to stare.

“Are you going to say something?”

Rainbow shook her head a couple times. “Oh, sorry. It’s just that I’M supposed to be the only one to perform that trick! It’s like…my signature move! I feel almost non-important now…”

Flash smiled a bit. “C’mon, that’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard from you! Just because your own son can perform the same trick you can, doesn’t mean you’re not important. You’re the best flyer in Equestria, and you know it!” Flash responded.

Just then, Blaze stumbled in the front door. “Heheh…I can’t feel my hooves.” He stuttered as he fell to the floor, dropping his camera.

Flash walked over to it, and snatched it off the ground.

“You’ll get this back when you learn to take more appropriate pictures, young colt.”

When he turned back around, Rainbow wasn’t there. Confused, Flash walked down the hall to their room, where he found her slumped on their bed.

Flash closed the door behind him. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Rainbow sighed. “That was good advice and all, but it’s not quite what I was upset about.” She replied.

“Then what seems to be the problem?” Flash asked.

“It’s just that I feel almost…old. Not old as in like my fifties, but old as in slightly worn out. It’s getting more difficult to perform Sonic Rainbooms, and I feel like it’s not long before Blaze takes my place.”

“What do you mean? You’re still the star of the Wonderbolts! You’ve got a long way to go!” Flash replied.

“Yeah but……pegasi aren’t built to last forever. Our wings will wear out before our bodies do.” Rainbow added.

Flash did his best to be encouraging. “Listen, that day in the far future when you become grounded, I’ll be there for you. You know that.”

Rainbow leaned over and hugged him tightly.

…………………………………

Blaze pulled his ear away from the door. “Pegasi can become grounded? That sucks!” He whispered to Starlight.

Starlight just rolled her eyes. “Why do I always join you in your eavesdropping shenanigans?” She scoffed.

“Hey, if it weren’t for my eavesdropping shenanigans, I wouldn’t have performed my first Sonic Rainboom!” Blaze replied.

“You mean the same Sonic Rainboom that caused our mother to feel insecure about her age?” Starlight asked.

Blaze went silent for a few seconds. “Wait a put it that way oh-so-optimistic-sister-of-mine!” Blaze responded sarcastically.

Starlight’s face displayed annoyance. “I’m going back to my room.”

Blaze pressed his ear back up to the door, and heard approaching hoofsteps. Before he could respond, the door swung open, ramming him against the wall.

Rainbow and Flash left the room, not noticing the two-dimensional Blaze sandwiched against the wall beside them.

Starlight poked her head out her door.

“Bad karma.” She mentioned.

……………………………………

The rest of the week went as usual for the family, with Blaze as an exception. He spent nearly every day flying outside, occasionally performing more Sonic Rainbooms from time to time. As a result, his family was still without power.

……………………………………
-One week later-
……………………………………

One particular day, a Sunday to be exact, a letter was received from Twilight, telling Flash to meet her for lunch at 1:00.

Flash read the letter, and set it down on the table.

“You know, it’s been awhile since I’ve really caught up with Twilight. It’ll be nice to sit down for lunch with her.” He said.

Rainbow nodded in agreement. “I wonder why she didn’t take me.” She replied.

Flash shrugged. “I don’t know either. But we both know Twilight well enough to know she has a good reason for everything.”

Rainbow simply nodded again, then looked at the clock. 12:39.

“You should probably get going.” She said.

Flash just stood there. It looked as if he was debating with himself.

“What’s wrong?”

Flash took a quick breath, then spoke. “It’s just that in this state in your condition, it could be dangerous to leave you alone for too long.”

Rainbow looked confused for a second, then slowly began to understand.

“Oh, don’t worry about that. The kids are here with me, and they know how to call 911 in case of……well, you know what I mean.” She responded.

Flash nodded. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“You should leave, or else you’ll be late.”

“Okay.” Flash walked toward the front door. “Bye!”

Flash opened the door, and flew off.

……………………………………

Twilight sat at a table at the café, waiting for her guest to arrive. I was currently 12:58.

She wasn’t really in any rush; it was a beautiful day, and she had nothing to get done today. However, it would be nice if he could arrive on time.

She didn’t exactly have to wait long, because she could see him arriving on the horizon.

Flash approached the café, and touched down on the ground. He then walked over to Twilight’s table, and sat down.

“Hey Flash, glad you could make it!” She greeted.

“Yeah, thanks! Is there anything you wanted to talk to me about?” He asked.

“Yeah there is, actually. The other day, you told me Rainbow Dash was expecting another foal. Is this true? Not to sound intimidating or anything…”

“No, it’s fine. And yes, it is true. She’s due in a few days.” He replied.

Twilight did a bad job hiding the surprise she still withheld on the subject. “I’m sorry; I’m still having a hard time wrapping my mind around this…”

Flash chuckled. “I know, me too.”

“Wait, why are you surprised?” Twilight asked.

Flash hesitated. “The foal’s not actually mine…” He responded.

If hiding surprise was an Olympic sport, Twilight just lost it for her whole country. “………What?!?!?”

“It’s actually Soarin’s.”

Just then, the waiter came by to take their order. “What may I get you two this afternoon?” He asked.

“I’ll just have my usual.” Flash answered.

The waiter scribbled it down on his notepad. “And for you ma’am?”

No reply from Twilight.

“Excuse me? Would you like to order?” He asked.

“She’s not quite made her decision yet.” Flash told him.

“Oh, alright. Sorry to bother you.” The waiter replied as he walked away.

“How could you let something like this slide by? She cheated on you, you know!” Twilight exclaimed.

Flash shrugged. “I guess I’m just a very passive pony.”

“How could loyal Rainbow Dash do that to you?” She asked.

“She was at a wild colt-mare party, and had a lot to drink. She wasn’t really aware of what she was doing.”

“Wouldn’t you think explicit physical contact with a pony other than her own husband would be over the influence of alcohol?” Twilight asked.

“Well, it’s just that—“

“How do you know she wasn’t using the whole ‘I was drunk’ thing as a cover? How do you know she wasn’t sober when she cheated on you?”

“C’mon, this is Rainbow Dash! She wouldn’t do that, and I know it as a fact.” Flash replied.

“Now I’m not saying she WAS sober or anything, I’m just throwing possibilities out there.”

Just then, the waiter showed up again. “Are you ready to order now, ma’am?”

“Yeah, I’ll just have a flower sub with a side of hay fries.” Twilight responded.

The waiter scribbled it down on his notepad. “Alright, thank you. It’ll be ready momentarily!”

Twilight turned back to Flash. “So what are the specs?”

Flash looked confused. “What?”

“Of the foal. Gender and type.”

“Oh, that. It’s going to be a male unicorn. I thought I already told you that?”

Twilight thought for a second. “Oh, right. I’m not thinking today!”

“As I received your letter, I was having trouble leaving, because it would be dangerous to leave Rainbow Dash alone.”

Flash’s cell phone rang. He pulled it out and checked the number. It was his home number, which means one of his family members were calling.

He flipped his phone open and answered. “Hello?”

He didn’t get the response he was looking for. It was Blaze, and in the background he heard loud screaming, and Starlight panicking.

“Yeah, dad? We got a situation over here! I think mom’s going into labor, and we don’t know what to do!”

Flash jumped out of his seat so quickly it startled Twilight. “WHAT?”

“What do we do? I don’t know how to deliver foals, and Starlight has a weak stomach!” Blaze exclaimed.

“Call 911! I’ll be there as fast as I can!” Flash exclaimed back as he ended the call. He quickly began to pack up his things.

“What, what is it?” Twilight asked anxiously.

“It’s Rainbow Dash! She’s having her foal! I have to get back to the house!”

Without waiting for a reply, Flash bolted off.

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

I want to know your opinion! I love receiving comments, so please send me some!