• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 2,773 Views, 143 Comments

Huge Mistake - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow and Flash's relationship is put in peril when he finds out she had cheated on him.

  • ...
18
 143
 2,773

The Climax

“What are you doing here, anyway?” Blaze asked.

Rainbow shrugged. “Soarin seemed like the next-best guy to hang around with, because I don’t want to be near Thunder Flash.” She answered.

Taking this in, Blaze looked over at Soarin, who also shrugged.

“But…why? You two have been married for as long as me and Starlight have been alive!” Blaze asked.

“Didn’t you hear him? He said I shouldn’t have married him! If that’s what he wants, then that’s what he’ll get.”

“He’s up in our home drinking his brains out because you left.” Blaze responded sternly.

“Oh really? Well good riddance.”

Blaze leaned in and whispered to Starlight. “Dang it, I really thought that one would have worked.”

“And he also hated the fact that I was having a unicorn. If he really cared, he would have gone the extra mile, instead of whining about a pegasus.” Rainbow added.

Blaze rolled his eyes. “Trust me, he DOES care! He loves you to death, I just know it! If you don’t return to him, he’ll probably commit suicide.” Blaze exclaimed.

Rainbow turned around, and stared at him for a couple seconds.

“Why don’t you go outside, and spend your life counting how many flying feathers I give about that.” Rainbow responded.

Starlight gasped, and slowly started to cry. She walked over and buried her face in Soarin, who put a hoof around her.

Blaze scoffed. “You are one tough nut to crack, you hear? One tough nut!” Blaze exclaimed. “How could you spit in his face after what you’ve been through? You had sex with him multiple times, for crying out loud!”

Rainbow didn’t even turn back around. “Yeah, but I also had sex with Soarin, so that tells you just how much that really matters.” She replied coldly.

“Exactly, when you were drunk! When you do it with dad, you actually have a sense of reality!” Blaze yelled back.

Starlight prayed hard in her mind that Blaze can keep up in the argument. He has a very tough and outlasting soul. If anything, he can win their mom back. He just has to prolong…

“Oh, let me tell you, I knew EXACTLY what I was doing that night!” Rainbow returned.

My Celestia, she’s like the final boss in a Phoenix Wright game when it comes to arguing!

“So you lied to dad? Honestly? You don’t even deserve Soarin!”

Blaze turned to Soarin. “Aren’t you going to say anything???”

Soarin stepped back. “Oh, I really don’t want to get involved in this. Whatever Rainbow’s decision is, I’m happy with it.”

Blaze turned back to Rainbow Dash. “You know what? I think you’re lying again. You didn’t know what was going on that night AT ALL.” He said.

Rainbow didn’t say anything.

“Right now, you’re betraying your Element! You’re being a disgrace to Equestria!”

Blaze panted, then continued. “This affair with Soarin has corrupted you, mom. You need to return to us, and be with our family.”

Rainbow remained silent.

“And if we’re not good enough for you, then I guess this is farewell.” He finished.

He held out a hoof to shake on it, and got a shocking reply.

“Get out. NOW.” She exclaimed as coldly as ever.

Blaze’s jaw dropped, as well as his extended hoof.

Starlight was full on bawling now. She just lost her mother, it seemed.

Blaze grabbed her hoof, and slowly walked out the door.

“…Goodbye mom…” He whispered, just before shutting the door.

…………………………………

Flash was watching TV when the front door opened. When he turned to see who it was, he saw Blaze and crying Starlight enter the house.

“How did the visit with your friends go?” He asked.

Blaze was silent for a second. “Dad, I have a confession to make. We didn’t actually go to play with our friends.”

Flash raised an eyebrow. “Oh?”

“Yeah, we went to find mom.”

Blaze flinched, waiting for Flash to start yelling and scolding him. However, he got a reaction he didn’t expect.

“H…how did it go?” He asked calmly.

“Well, we found her.” Blaze answered.

Flash’s ears perked up. “Really?”

“Yeah, she’s with Soarin. But she said she doesn’t really care for you that much anymore.”

Flash went glum again. “Oh…”

“She said she wouldn’t give a flying feather if you committed suicide!” Blaze added.

Flash looked down sadly.

Blaze and Starlight walked over to him, and gave him a big hug.

“Don’t worry dad, I know she’s lying. I’ve never been more certain in my eight-year-old life.” Blaze said.

“I don’t doubt you for a minute, Blazing Sun.” Flash replied, calling Blaze by his full name for the first time since his birth.

…………………………………

Later that evening, all was silent around the house. Flash worked to make a small, casual dinner, while Blaze and Starlight sat in Blaze’s room, coloring.

A couple minutes later, Flash called Blaze into the kitchen.

“Yeah dad?”

“I’m going to be making sandwiches for myself. What do you and Starlight want?”

Blaze thought for a moment. “Do you still have that bag of microwave popcorn?”

Flash walked over and checked the pantry. “That we do. Do you want that?”

“Yeah, sure.”

After Blaze’s reply, Flash grabbed the bag, and popped the bag in the microwave.

“So what are you thinking about mom?” Blaze asked.

“If living with Soarin is what makes her happy, then I’m not stopping her. I’m just worried about what will happen when the foal is born.” Flash replied.

When the popcorn was done, Flash grabbed it out from the microwave, and poured it into a bowl. He then handed the bowl to Blaze to take to his room with Starlight.

Right then, there was a knock on the door. Confused, Flash walked over to the door to see who it was. When he opened the door, there she was.

Rainbow Dash.

Flash went nuts at the sight of her. He screamed out in joy, and threw his hooves around her.

Rainbow laughed and cried at the same time. “It’s good to see you too.”

Blaze and Starlight heard the commotion, and quickly left his room to see what it was. The second they saw their mother, they yelled out, “Mom!!”

They both ran over and pounced onto Rainbow Dash. She was now buried under all three of them in a deep embrace that seemed like it would never end.

Once it did, she began speaking.

“Flash, I’m so sorry I did all that. I began to notice how much pain I cause you, and it just seemed like what I was doing wasn’t right.”

Blaze and Starlight were grinning ear-to-ear, and Flash was crying.

“Blaze, I thought long and hard about what you said, and I just thought I belonged here.”

She looked at all three of them. “Could you ever forgive me?”

They all hugged her again, and didn’t let her go.

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

I just thought I’d relieve all of you from that horrid cliffhanger before I left. I’ve never wrote anything so touching in my life, according to my opinion. I just want to know yours! By the way, I apologize for the oversized image.

This is the last update before I leave. There will not be another one until the 20th at least. If you ask me, this is a great place to stop for a while!

I think it’s safe to say Have a good week, and I’ll see you all on the 20th! :)