• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 516 Views, 4 Comments

Sparkle - Inactive Pone



A Compilation of moments between a human and a pony princess.

  • ...
12
 4
 516

8.Shipping

Your time with Twilight were always blissful memories and both of you really loved being friends with each other. Through the passage of time, the two of you know more and more about each other. From your own personalities, to little things like your funniest secrets, and everything in between. You frequently found yourself talking with her a lot more casually nowadays. The first year you met, you were mostly talking about human history and how your world works. The second year was when you both finally met. Because of this, Twilight was able to interact with you face-to-face.

Rarely do you have any fights with each other. You were always really, really close.

The third year was when things got... A little bit more complicated. Now that you’re 18 and wrapping up your Secondary School Education, it’s time to face the awful truth of reality- The Public Exams. Due to this, and as you’ve pointed out to her countless times, you both have been spending less time together.

Neither of you were happy about that- But it had to be. So every time you meet again, both of you tend to get... A little too personal, sometimes. Especially after Twilight’s friends found out you were sometimes cuddling with her now and then, Everypony had this gossip that Twilight was dating you.

You rejected to the idea. Twilight did too. However, the proof was strikingly undeniable.



When you were 17, you asked Twilight whether she would want to accompany you on stage to sing. She accepts it rather excitedly. So during the Friendship Festival performance, you both sang a duet together- But the song was intended to be about friendship, to match the theme of the festival.

It was a massive hit and the applause was loud. But as you were bowing, you very clearly heard the mane six cheer out excitedly the following phrase:

“Twilight and Ash are sitting on a tree, K-i-s-s-i-n-g!”

On the stage, you and Twilight stared at each other and innocently smiled as you wave back to the audience. As soon you both got off, an awkward situation came up as you approached your friends again.

“What the hay, girls!” You yelled.

“What?” Rainbow asked. “You two are sooooo good together!”

Twilight bashfully blushed. “Hmph! Don’t make me blush on stage!”

Everypony had a laugh except the two of you, who were too nervous to say anything.



When the ship continued to spread around the internet, mostly on your YouTube Channel since you were pretty famous at the time, this became probably the most interesting gossip in pony history. And due to it, you and Twilight didn’t really want to be seen in public together. But, you both would always complain alongside each other at how everyone is shipping you two, and having a laugh.

Why wouldn’t they ship you, though?

You acknowledge the fact this isn’t the first time a Princess of Equestria got into a relationship. However, Everypony who’s shipping you isn’t wrong. Most of them ship you due to disbelief.

“Never has a princess had a cross-race relationship before...” They would say.

In the midst of all the pressure, it’s not all bad. Frankly, you found yourself only getting more drawn to her. But even though you’re seeing the signs that she likes you in plain sight, you’re uncertain whether you should confess to her about how you feel. Relationships are difficult- It’s more than just you and her loving each other. And that’s the step where you didn’t have the courage to take.

You went around for some help.



You went to ask Twilight’s close friend, Starlight Glimmer. She is the student counselor of Twilight’s School of Friendship. You thought she could possibly help you.

You knock on the door of her office.

“Come in,” She replies.

As soon as you step in and give her a greeting, her tone changed to a more light-hearted one instantly.

“Oh, Ash,” She says. “I don’t see you here often, what could possibly be the problem that brings you here? Don’t worry, I may only be the student counselor for the school but I’ll help you since you’re Twilight’s friend.”

“Thanks,” You reply to her kindness. “W-Well... I just have this... Weird problem, that I’m feeling. Recently... I’ve been thinking a lot about my friend.”

Starlight’s eyebrows perk up.

“Oh?” She asks, sipping her coffee. “Something happened between you both?”

“N-No, Nothing, But... *sigh* Can you promise not to tell anypony about this?”

She shows a sign that her lips were sealed. You whisper to her about your little feelings to Twilight, and Starlight immediately starts getting really excited. But she kept her composure.

“Really, now?” She giggles, “Why don’t you just confess to her, then? You two have great chemistry and a great bond, I’m sure you’ll pair up nicely.”

“The problem isn’t the confession, Starlight. The problem is what comes after.”

“Tell me more.”

You blush and wiggle around in your seat shyly before speaking.

“I’m not experienced in relationships or socializing, you know that. I... I don’t know how I can face the challenges of being in a relationship with Twilight. It just seems... Complicated. I don’t want to let her down about how much I love her as a friend and a companion.”

Starlight smiles.

“Ash, let me ask you: Among all the people you know besides your family, who do you care about the most?”

You smile. “Twilight, of course.”

“To be very honest, Ash, I’m not experienced with relationships either. But, what I do know, is that friendship and love are... Very similar. Love is a bigger form of friendship. You’re willing to trust each other so much that you’re making a promise to always stick together in life. It brings you and your interest even closer together.”

You nod at that.

“I couldn’t give you much assistance, sorry. Maybe you could ask Princess Cadance? You’re good friends with her too.”

“Maybe, as long I could get a time where we are both feeling fine. It will be a while, though. Still prepping for public exams at the moment.”



It isn't until after you’re done with the exams that you finally manage to find a time to chat with the Princess of Love. She is a pretty busy princess, but you know that when it came to love, she must be very experienced with the subject.

You were friends with her, so she was more than willing to talk to you in her room directly.

“So, what’s going on, Ash? I heard from Starlight that you’re having difficulties confessing your feelings to Twilight?”

You nod.

“Why so? I think you both are great for each other!”

“You sure?”

“Yeah! You both are always so close and I remember that time when we first met, you and Twilight were always giving each other hints of love. I could tell.”

You chuckle a little.

“Well, as I’ve said to her, the confession isn’t what I’m worried about. I’m talking about what comes after.”

She nods in agreement, signalling you to move on.

“You see, Cadance... I’ve always been the isolated, ignored, timid guy in my class. I didn’t have many people to talk to about my feelings. Until... You all came along, and Twilight became best friends with me. She’s... Someone who lifted my spirits up. She really does mean so much to me. But... I’m just afraid of taking the chance. I don’t know how to deal with love. I know it can’t be simple as liking each other.”

Cadance brings a hoof around your neck.

“You’re right. Love is complicated. It may sound like just friendship, but it’s much more than that. Love, is a game of trust. You make the decision that you and your partner trust each other so much to be in a relationship together. It’s also a symbol of how much you’re willing to give for the other and expresses how much they mean to you. It’s a challenge in life, and I can tell you from my own experiences, it’s never easy.”

You let out a sigh.

“But, when you two stick together through everything, i’m sure the tests of your bond will never break you two apart. If you really, really care about her, it would be best to tell her how you feel. You don’t want to make her worried. I can tell you are madly in love with Twilight Sparkle, and as a part of her family, I have no objection towards that.”

“That just gave me a new thought,” You say, “What if... What if the others are shocked? You know no princess has gotten into cross-race relationships before...”

“There’s no need to pay so much attention to it, Ash.”

“Really?”

“This is your choice. And... Love is love. You can’t deny it’s powerful. You think you made the right choice, so go for it! There’s no definite perfect pair. It depends on what you’re seeking for in your partner. And, sometimes... Love comes from the most absurd ways. You and another girl might have hated each other in the past due to your differences. Yet, you opposites may attract each other even better. That doesn’t mean you and Twilight aren’t a good match. I’m saying that... Love can come from anyone. You just need to feel it.”

“What do you mean, princess?”

“Take a moment to think, Ash. Think about how much she means to you. All the things she has done for you specifically- Why did she do it for you, and not anypony else? She cares about you, Ash. She tells me how worried she was about you when she knew you’re stressed about the exams that ended recently.”

“Haha, yeah. This is the first day I came back and geez did she hug me tight.”

“*chuckles* That’s nice to hear. Moving on... You two sacrifice a lot of time just to be with each other. You both care about each other very much and it seems nothing can tear you both apart. Love, comes with a huge price. It all boils down to one question at the end of the day.”

You turn to Cadance when she said that.

“Do you love her?”

You smile and say the following words.

“Of course. I love Twilight Sparkle. She will forever be my friend, no matter what.”




Now, you just need to tell that to her directly.