• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 516 Views, 4 Comments

Sparkle - Inactive Pone



A Compilation of moments between a human and a pony princess.

  • ...
12
 4
 516

13.Hurt

You finally got out of the limbo in the portal tunnel. Now, it’s been a few days. You still have no idea why you got stuck, but at least you’re back home in Equestria now. Good news: You still got to Ponyville, even though you thought the crash might’ve sent you to somewhere else.

Bad news: Someone wasn’t acting right.


*Creak*

“Oh, you’re back.”

Twilight was at her desk, speaking to you in a flat tone. You put down your bag with the gift on the couch and the desk respectively and lean next to her on the table.

“What happened?”

“Me?”

“Yes, you.”

She sounds a little not as friendly.

“I... I don’t know. I walked through the portal, and... Everything went white?”

She turns over to roll your eyes at you.

“What?” Twilight asks. “The system is flawless. There’s no way someone could have just hacked their way in. I’m pretty sure you were imagining things.”

Your eyebrow perks up in a hint of confusion. You invite her to the couch to talk.

“Are you okay?”

“What do you mean, I’m okay?” Twilight asks back. “Of course I am. Nothing’s wrong.”

She looks down with a hint of disappointment.

“Are you sure? You seem... Pretty dull today. Come on, tell me what’s wrong.”

You sit closer to try and hug her, but she pushes your hands away. Now you’re even more confused. You just sit there and decide not to bother her.

“Tell me, honestly.”

You look at her, puzzled.

“Did you become friends with me just so you can get attention?”

You tilt your head.

“N-No,” You say. “No way. Well, maybe in the past, but... Things change. I’m not seeking for it now. I legitimately care about you, and I treat you as more than just somepony in my life.”

“Really?”

She looks at you.

“You said it yourself. You want attention. From me.”

“What? No! I said-“

“Without the past, there won’t be today, Ash. Someone helped me realise this.”

“Who?”

She shakes her head.

“That isn’t the point. Ash... Why would you be friends with me just so you can get attention by someone? Friendship is more than just... Talking to someone randomly. If you want attention, go up on any social media website like you’ve been doing now to be an online celebrity. Why waste my time?”

You are taken back by this statement.

“You’re not Twilight. She wouldn’t be like this.”

She hums, a little coldly. “Have you not seen me in a serious state of mind? You know as the princess of Friendship, I despise when someone tries to use friendship as some kind of power for themselves, some excuse to satisfy their own greed. It’s... It’s like betrayal, don’t you think?”

You don’t want to take it a step further. But you could not control yourself.

“When have I ever done that?”

“You’re always trying to find time for us to spend together. You want to use my reputation and popularity for your channel. Have you thought about how I would feel if you were trying to use me to grab more attention from others? I know you’re once isolated and alone, but that doesn’t automatically mean having to do things like this to make yourself well-known. Of course, plain friendship was fine. But I now see beyond that. You have exactly this plan in mind.”

You sit a little bit distant from Twilight.

“Okay,” You say. “I must be tripping. Are you sure you’re not being brainwashed or something like those in my stories?”

“No. At least I have no memory of it.”

At this point, quite a lot of things don’t really make sense to you. First off, why is Twilight acting so unfriendly? Second, why would she think this way? You have no proof to back up your view on the matter- And all you could, and should be doing, is to accept that.

But you couldn’t.

“Twilight, if there’s something about me that you have a grudge on, just say it. I won’t judge you, as a best friend should do.”

You put an arm around Twilight. But, to your shock, she levitates it and pushes it away.

“Will you stop that?”

She snaps back at a little more loudly this time. You gasp.

“I am very intrigued and very intimidated by your actions, your highness,” You express. “Is this due to work stress or has something bad happened to you recently that changed your mood?”

Twilight goes into deep thought, as noticeable by the silence.

“You’re getting annoying, Ash.”

You gasp as your heart tears in two. Finally, you blew up.

“Annoying!” You blurt out. “Twilight! Something is wrong with you! I’m serious!”

She stands up to her full height.

“And I’m being serious too, Ash. Again, nothing. Is. Wrong. Stop being so worried about me. I can take care of myself and I know when someone’s trying to do something to me.”

“I beg your pardon? How can you know if someone tries to do that when you’re mind-controlled, huh?”

You stand up and walk in front of her, crossing your arms.

“Do I not have the right to refuse answering what you ask me, Ash?” Twilight asks. “Must I be so open to you, to the point we have to tell each other everything in our minds for you to be satisfied? We may be best friends and even a couple, but that doesn’t mean we must know everything about the other!”

She steps toward you. You step back in shock.

“I’m just trying to make sure you’re okay, princess!” You shout. “Is that not an exception?”

And then, came an answer that you won’t ever forget.

“Yeah, because you don’t deserve me!”

You gasp loudly. “Wh-What? *sniff* But... But... Wh-Why?”

She sighs and turns to the window, looking outside.

“You’re so different from me, Ash. You’re a human. You belong on Earth, not Equestria. Why are you making all of this so... Complicated? Why must you stay so badly? It’s not like you won’t find another person to be with back home. With all the gossips going on around us being so close with each other... Have you realised what I’ve been through, going through all that? As a princess, it’s so... Common, to be criticised for doing something that we don’t usually follow. I know, Cadance got married, but Celestia and Luna didn’t. And to make matters worse, this is a cross-race relationship. No creature in Equestrian history has done so besides me. Don’t you realise how much pressure I’m feeling because of this?”

You still have no idea in her logic.

“If you love me, Twilight,” You ask her. “Then why would you be stressed about us being together?”

“I don’t want others to criticise me every time I go outside. Also... I can’t do this. I cannot learn the ways of being what you guys are. You all are so different and more cruel than us. I don’t like that. You may be unique in this standard, Ash, but it’s so frustrating humans are looking at me so awkwardly and feel like I shouldn’t be with you. I’m so scared my people would think of me differently if...”

She stops.

“I just... Don’t think we are going to work.”

“Why?”

“I’m now getting suspicious of you, Ash. I don’t like that. Are you a spy this whole time, gathering information about me?”

“Uh, no. Where’d you get that impression? Are you the spy?”

You both narrow your eyes, feeling that the other must be hiding something. But neither of you will agree to say it, no matter how many times you persuade the other. Of course, your answers are sent from the heart, but is Twilight doing the same?

“Twilight, come on. This is not going to solve anything,” You say after going around for 5 minutes.

“You’re the one that’s not solving anything.”

“I’m being serious. Please, tell me what’s on your mind. I’m really concerned.”

Under complete surprise, Twilight slaps you in the face, like a bat smashing your heart into a thousand pieces.

“If this is what you think pulls two ponies together, then I think you’ve a misconception. Look, I don’t want to keep this long. So how about we stay out of each other’s way, and how about you reconsider before giving that present to me?”

It was as if she already packed to leave. The moment she grabbed her bags and what she needed, you couldn’t help but fight back in your defense.

“So that’s it?”

She turns.

“You’re just gonna straight up walk out, and break up with me?”

She walks to you with no regret whatsoever.

“You deny it, but I know something’s up. If you’re going to surrender to whoever did this to you so easily, then I think you have a confession to make. And I’m going to force you to say it, no matter if you like it, or not.”

You put your hand under her head. She tries to push it away with a hoof, but you hit it back hard.

“Tell me. Are you really in love with me, or not?”

She goes quiet. You asked this question so seriously, that if she tried answering it with a lie, you would know immediately. You have known Twilight long and well enough to know that she must’ve loved you so badly to be able to sustain such a strong bond with you all this time.

But, as if your heart isn’t already broken...

“No.”

You drop to the floor with a gasp. With a loud cry, you yell out something you would never want to say to her.

“You’re such a cheater, Twilight Sparkle!!”

She gasps and stomps the ground. She pushes her muzzle toward your nose, feeling absolutely furious.

“Did you just call me what now!?”

You push her back. Both of you are very unamused by what each other had said.

“I am not liking your attitude, Twi. Not one bit. Is this really how you want to take this?”

“I don’t care, I’m just doing it to get away from your influence of trying to use others for you own greed!”

“Oh, really now? You want me gone that bad now, huh? Huh!?”

You never wanted to push it to this extent, but now there was no way to turn it back.

“*sniff* I’m disappointed in you, Twi. I always thought you were a nice girl.”

“And I’m disappointed in you, Ash! Thanks for wasting my time for your aspirations, you traitor.”

“Oh, hahaha, so I’m the one that’s bad here? Can you not see the flaw in your logic?”

“Oh, for Celestia’s sake, man the hay up, Ash! Accept the truth!”

“Uh-uh. No. You’re living in this... Illusion that someone’s bringing upon you, and you can’t even defend yourself. Shame. On. You.”

“Well, I wish I never met you so that we won’t be like this right now!”

And so, silence fills the air around you. No more words are required to explain the anger and frustration you’re having towards each other. You look down with absolute regret.

“I don’t want to see you anymore, Ash. Not until you accept that everyone has the right to go against even their closest friends.”

As she slowly starts to leave, and almost closes the door behind her, you run up to her. Though you just had a big quarrel, though she doesn’t like you anymore, you still thought you could do something to change her mind.

Just one, little kiss.

“I hope you regret this decision when you look back at how I still loved you, when I did that. Now go. We’re done.”


**Bang**


”*crying* What have I done...?”