• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 516 Views, 4 Comments

Sparkle - Inactive Pone



A Compilation of moments between a human and a pony princess.

  • ...
12
 4
 516

11.Promise

For three years, you’ve been a couple. And for six years, you’ve been best friends.

Now at 21, you’re fully grown and classified as an adult. You couldn’t ask for anything more in your life anymore. You had a great career on YouTube, you have amazing friends all around you, and the attention you desperately wanted since you were young.

But nothing meant more to you than Twilight’s affection.

Both of you agree- You both are really awkward together as a couple. The first few dates were very weird and you both didn’t talk much with each other. Through time and more practice, your emotions for each other start to come out more naturally. There wasn’t even a single second where you didn’t love her. Love drew your bond even closer together. Nothing stood between you and her. You both were inseparable.

You take her to the human world a lot- To experience what it’s like. Although ponykind is widely accepted on Earth, you still had your hangouts together in a peaceful, quiet countryside, rather than in the city. Stargazing and telling stories became your biggest pastime. The comfort of the grass on the hills you lie on- As you sleep under the stars with your best friend, or even playfully rolling down the hill with her.

There was no denying that she became so much more interested in you. She seemed to enjoy the moments you spend together more than she ever had.

All of this... Raises a question in your mind. But you decided to just confirm one more time with her.



You are at the annual Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot. You just had a wonderful dance with your sweetheart on the dance floor, and Everypony stood in awe and jealousy. You were dancing with the princess of Friendship, after all.

Now strolling around the peaceful Canterlot Gardens, something pops up in your mind.

“Twilight?”

“Yes?”

“How does it feel, dating a human like me?”

She stops to look at you.

“It’s a new experience, for sure,” She replies. “I have done quite a lot of remarkable things in the past. But the discovery of love is one thing I never did learn. And to my surprise, it’s you who led me to understand it.”

You roll your eyes.

“Pfft, Stop,” You giggle. “When I first met you, I loved you in the sense of.... Well, waifu kind of thing. Now... I really do love you. Truthfully.”

She gives your side a little nuzzle.

“I love you too, you know that,” Twilight says. “What’s bothering you?”

You explain as you continue the walk.

“I seem to treat you... More like a friend, than a romantic partner. That’s not what love is,” You confess. “I’m not saying I don’t like being your boyfriend, but I just... Don’t really know if we love each other enough.”

She hums. “I see. I do know the differences between love and friendship. But why do you think that way?”

“This magical thing... I never seem to know what it truly means. Is it power? Is it happiness? What does it take to get this? It’s interesting. However, I never seem to recall the two of us really doing anything unique together. Stargazing? Did that when I was eighteen. Hangouts? Doing it since day one. And not to mention, we cuddle and have sleepovers on a daily- At least weekly basis. There’s no way love is that simple- Something complicated is deep down inside.”

Twilight wraps you with a wing.

“I’m looking for the answer too, Ash. I knew this would be a big adventure for me. I didn’t want to spend it with anypony else but you, because I know that you know me well. I’m just curious... If I wasn’t going to pick you... Then why did you pick me instead of others?”

You think for a while before answering her question.

“You mean more than just a friend to me.”

“Really?”

You sit down in an open area of grass, surrounded by the bushes of flowers of the gardens, and the glow of the moon.

“You helped me get through whatever challenge I had. At first, you cheered me up when I needed encouragement. Then, you offered me somepony I can share my feelings with. You were never annoyed by how cheesy I get when I talk about our friendship and how I always want to find you to chat with me. When I’m down in the basement, you find me and comfort my broken heart. When I’m looking down from the top, you’re the first to congratulate and compliment me. All of these little things piece together the amount of love you have given me.”

She smiles with a blush.

“In a way, I’m really embarrassed. I don’t have much to give you, Twilight. But... The pieces of love you’ve given me through these years have given me an undeniable fact- You care about me. That’s why I picked you. I always loved you, and the day I confessed to you was when I realized you share the same feeling for me.”

The princess’ eyes were sparkling and the light reflects beautifully off her tears leaking out her eyes.

“You’ve given me something too.”

“Huh?”

She leans on your shoulder.

“Just like I did for you, you’ve given me your kindness and bittersweet love. However... I know we’ve been dating for three years, yet there’s something I still can’t understand.”

“What?”

Twilight looks at you, and you look back at her.

“What... What exactly, is true love?”

You were a bit stunned by the question- You do understand that love is not a simple game. All this time, you’ve treated her more like a friend than a love interest. Something tells you, that something was still missing.

“I’m... I’m not certain,” You say. “But... I wanted to ask you something. Just a bit curious.”

She continues to nuzzle you.

“Mhmm?”

“Twilight, will you always stand alongside me?”

She gives you a cheery look.

“Why wouldn’t I?”

She winks at you and gives you a little kiss. An arm around her neck, you bring her close to you.

“In that case... I have prepared a special present for you. Would you mind meeting me at the park at sunset tomorrow? I... *chuckle* i forgot to bring it tonight.”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Thanks. Now... A little love duet, Spark?”

“*chuckles* You’re up, then.”