• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 514 Views, 4 Comments

Sparkle - Inactive Pone



A Compilation of moments between a human and a pony princess.

  • ...
12
 4
 514

1.Beginning

I recall this day so well. It was the start of a turning point in my life. The day I discovered Ponykind.


It’s a fine Friday afternoon, and you just plopped down your bags on the chair near the dining room table after a harsh day of school. Same old, same old, classes, homework and getting bullied. Nothing more. The same boredom, over and over again, every day.

Why couldn’t there be more... Excitement, in life? You think to yourself.

You come from a good family and living standards are nice. Yet, you only really have two common daily routines. Either you spend a day with classes, bullying, stress, the whole shebang, or play video games non-stop. It’s getting boring sometimes. You don’t really feel like going outside much either. And since you’ve been isolating yourself from the rest of your classmates, you didn’t really have a lot of friends.

Long story short: All you wanted was someone you could share your feelings with.

You decide not to do your school assignments on that day and leave them for the weekend. So, you grab your phone and go to your room. Climbing on to the bed, You notice your small collection of pony plush toys. You’re not the type of person who buys things often, but you do treat them like they are the real ponies. You give your Twilight plush a little nuzzle on the cheek before scrolling around social media.

Then you realize something.

Recently, a new feature was added to the texting app that you use. It allows you to communicate with random people around the globe, similar to Omegle. Yet, surprisingly, you haven’t tried it yet. You shrug and log on to the app, waiting for someone to join in.

And thus, marks the beginning and planted the seed of a new flower- In other words, a new and unique friendship.



“Hello? Who’s this?” You ask.

The recipient of that message replied rather quickly.

“Hi! How are you?” She asks. “My name’s Twilight. And you are?”

You freeze. Are you really speaking to the one? That Twilight? You thought, No, that can’t be right. You don’t want to keep her waiting so you text back.

“Hold on,” You say. “May you clarify your name, please? This... Sounds a bit awkward, sorry.”

She chuckles. “Twilight Sparkle. What’s wrong?”

At this point, you’re not even really involved with the actual conversation, but you’re already ecstatic. Come on. You’re talking to THE princess of Friendship. How could you not be happy about that?

“N-Nothing,” You say. “Are you... Are you that princess? The princess of Friendship?”

“Yes, I am,” she giggles. “I’m curious- How did you know that? I’m sure that the knowledge of our land hasn’t been fully released to the human world... You’re a human, right?”

“Mhmm,” You reply. “As for your question... I’ll save it for another day. It’s complicated. For now... Let’s just say that I’m a big fan of you. Really. Save the explanation.”

She smiles.

“I see. I forgot to ask... What’s your name?”

“Ash.”

“Thanks, sorry I forgot about that. It’s nice to meet you, Ash. So... How much do you know about my world? And how much about me, my friends and my life do you know?”

“Hmm... Pretty much everything.”

“Oh? Interesting,” Twilight replies, interested. “How was Equestria formed?”

“The three tribes, Pegasi, Unicorns And Earth Ponies got together in friendship.”

“Mhmm, and who are our rulers?”

“Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Is this a pop quiz?”

She tilted her head. “Maybe, you can say. Where do I stay in?”

“Ponyville. Your past home was in Canterlot.”

Twilight was surprised.

“Wow. What else do you know, Ash?”

You think for a bit. “Let’s see. In your world, Pegasi Control the weather, the princesses raise the sun and moon, there are five other tribes surrounding your nation, your capital is Canterlot, and you’re a princess that represents friendship and you have a school teaching lessons about it. Oh, and your favorite idol is Starswirl the Bearded.”

“Mmmm,” Twilight hums. “You know us really well, my friend.”

“Oh. Pfft. It’s nothing.” You laugh. “By the way... Sorry if I sound nervous or I’m not responding. I’m just really nervous since you’re royalty, your highness.”

Twilight giggles. “Your Highness? Please, just call me Twilight! It’s okay.”

Both of you can’t hear each other, but you are sharing a good laugh with each other.

“Haha, alright. Is Twi Fine?”

“Sure! Oh, right, in that case... Want to be my friend?”

You gasp.

“Of course I’ll be your friend! You know how to invite me?”

“Oh, Sorry, give me one moment. I’ll ask my friend since I’m new to this smartphone stuff.”

A few minutes later she returned, and you got the friend request, so you gladly accepted it. Now you both can chat whenever you wish.

“You still there?” Twilight asks.

“Mhmm! So... Friends?”

“Friends.”

You both smile upon the message.

“Hey, I have to go, Twi. I gotta go do... Something else,” You say, after coming to the conclusion that ponies won’t know what video games are.

“O-Oh, leaving so soon?” Twilight texted back with a hint of sadness. “Aww... Okay... But I want to get to know you more! Humans are fascinating and I want to learn more about them!”

You chuckled. “Don’t worry. You can talk to me anytime since we’re friends.”

“I see, I’ll catch up with you later, Ash.”

“Ah, one more question, Twi.”

“Hm?”

“Twilight... Do you mind if I get so cheesy around you? I have a tendency to get cheesy and flirty around best friends when they’re girls.”

“Haha, don’t worry! It’s funny and heartwarming to look at those messages anyway.”

“Thanks. Anyway, it’s been very nice talking to you, Twi.”

“Same, Ash. Thanks for spending quality time with me, hope I’ll get in touch sometime soon. When will you be on?”

“I dunno, I usually pop up in and out all the time.”

“Got it. See you then, Ash?”

“*chuckles* Very well. Bye, Twilight.”