• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 516 Views, 4 Comments

Sparkle - Inactive Pone



A Compilation of moments between a human and a pony princess.

  • ...
12
 4
 516

15.Answers

*Beep*

*Slightly louder Beep*

The constant beeping wouldn’t stop. Though, it was then you realize something- Why are you alive? Why can you hear those sounds? What is going on?

You touch your eye and scratched it. It started opening on its own, and vision was as blurry as it possibly could have been. It took a minute for your eyesight to return to normal, and your eye finally decides to open fully. Now, you have another set of questions. Where are you? Heaven?

But no, you soon realize. You aren’t.

You can feel the frame of the bed rattling. In fact, you’re in somewhere special- You were just sleeping, alone, in a private room, not in a normal hospital, but inside... The Canterlot Castle? Everything does not make sense to you in any way. You thought you were toasted back at the park. But for some reason, you’re here, once again awake.

You look at yourself. Your scars were perfectly healed, with no traces of stitches either. Your body was completely cleaned from all the blood you lost during the fight. You feel... Practically normal. It was as if nothing had happened at all. Then you looked around you. Normally you’ll be in a room filled with other patients. But no. For some reason, you were alone, and everything around you only resembled what any other guest room would’ve looked like in there. A package was sitting on a small shelf next to the bed, one where you would put a lamp on.

You open it with curiosity. Inside, is something you can’t imagine. There were cards. Many cards. Actually, they are all cards wishing you to be back soon- To get back on your feet feeling well. Tears roll down your face as you read through every single one of them. Even royalty gave you the warmest support.

I wish you the very best and send you my blessings. -Fluttershy

Hang in there, Ash! We know you’ll be okay! -Rainbow Dash

We’re always here for you!! -Pinkie Pie

You have always been a part of us, Darling. -Rarity

You’ve done her proud, Sugarcube. -Applejack

What you did that day, we will never forget. You’re her hero. -Starlight Glimmer

Your actions of true love and sacrifice, is the most inspiring act I’ve seen. -Princess Cadance

I pray to the stars that I control, that you will return to us. -Princess Luna


However... To your biggest surprise, Twilight didn’t write to you.

But you didn’t take that seriously- You understand she has been going through hard times before you even risked your life. One by one, you put them back in the box they came from. You stretched yourself before feeling just a tiny bit of pain from where the car crashed into you. You press your hand against your waist and chuckle.

What... What is this magic? You think to yourself.

*Creak*

“*gasp* Ash?”

You immediately turn to the door- Thinking it was Twilight. Sadly, it isn’t, but you get the next best visitor.

“*chuckle* Your Highness. I’m not dreaming, am I?”

She shakes her head.

“Have you forgotten how powerful magic can be?” Celestia enquires, softly giggling. She walks over to you. “I’m very overjoyed to see you opening your eyes again.”

Once she got close enough, you didn’t want to think about it. You went for a big hug.

“Thank you,” You say. “Thank you all.”

She chuckles again before you release your grip.

“H-How long has it been?”

Even someone like Celestia needed some time to digest the answer to that question. “Hmm... Even I’m not sure... A couple of months?”

“Months!?” You yell in shock before Celestia reassures you back onto the bed.

“Shhhhh,” She tells you, like a caring mother. “Yes indeed. It really has been a few months. Even I was surprised that you were alive. I’m still feeling the surprise shaking my fur right now, not joking.”

You give a hearty chuckle to that.

“I understand your endless amounts of questions right now, Ash. Since you’re awake, I’m here to clear all of that up, for I have pretty much all the information to clear your biggest concerns.” She pulls up a chair and sits down. “Ask away.”

“You don’t have anything to do?”

“I do, but you’re lucky. I’m not too busy. I’m only doing some simple paperwork.”

You nod. “I see... Firstly... H-How’s Twilight? Is she-”

“No.”

You gasp and look down.

“But this time, it’s not the same like before,”

“Huh?”

“When Princess Twilight returned, she started to cry. Really hard. Shining Armor and Cadance told me. I was in the middle of something important, so I rejected the idea of seeing her. I very much regret that decision. *sigh* It pains my heart too, to see my protégé feeling so heartbroken and gloomy. What’s more, you were a great friend and ally to us. It was such tragedy when we heard about you go through such awful treatments by your fellow humans.”

“Well, some humans just don’t change. No matter what.”

“Your kind originally wanted to take care of this case alone. However, I stepped in to insist that we can work together. I’m so relieved when they agreed, though I can tell by their voices that they were a little bit unsatisfied about us underestimating them.”

“But you know what?”

“What?” You ask.

She smiles as she puts a hoof under your chin.

“You did something unexpected.”

“Huh?”

“You somehow acted like... A bridge, for both us and humans. We worked day and night side-by-side, all just to find a way to wake you up. The humans tried everything they could- but they deemed there was no way to save you. We begged them to give us a chance, and together, miraculously, we found one of the most powerful spells to heal you with. So powerful, it took Alicorn magic to perform!”

“Oh, god,” You bury your face in your hands. “Did I cause that big of a commotion?”

“*sigh* Unfortunately, yes,” Celestia replies. “But no worries. Pay is on me for the whole operation. And also, you waking up is our only concern. You meant so much to my student and to us all. It is only fair that I, represent all the ponies who once despised you in that short period of confusion, deeply apologize to you.”

Unexpectedly, she bows to you.

“Th-Thank you, your Highness,” You nod. “Come to think of it... Why did twilight become so... Hostile?”

“That?” Celestia asks sarcastically. “Oh, it’s a long story. The gist was that someone from the human world-”

“Richard.”

“Thank you,” She clears her throat. “Yes, from what I understand, Richard was someone who had been bullying you since you first came into contact with us. Be calm, he has been arrested and sentenced to death for the potential murdering of Princess Twilight. Nothing diplomatic took place either, for it had nothing to do with us. It was he who spilled the beans when he was being interrogated.”

“So what was his reason?”

“Turns out, it was indeed an intended murder due to jealousy. From what Shining Armor reported, he said that you didn't deserve her, so he wanted to protect Twilight from you. Even I was confused at his explanation, to be very honest. So, he hacked into the portal network to trap you in limbo for a few days. Meanwhile, his comrades Jack and Link, who are also sentenced to death afterward, kidnapped princess twilight one night and Richard used a brainwashing device so she would be controlled.”

Now, all was made clear.

“So it wasn’t she who argued with me!” You conclude. “It was a fake!”

“Correct,” Celestia replies. “It is also this that made her so upset and sorrowful. I’m not trying to offend you, but you did say a lot of hurtful words to her.”

“*sigh* Yes. That is true.”

There was a moment of silence as you frequently wipe off tears from your eye.

“May I ask you something, Ash? I promise I won’t tell.”

“Sure, now that Twilight thinks I’m gone forever.”

Celestia sighs. She did think that way. But, she thought that you should listen to what she wanted to ask you anyway since she won’t spit it out to anyone else. She leans over to whisper.

“About that present,” She enquires, “Was it-”

You hold up your hand to silence her.

“Yes. I proposed to her.”

Celestia gasps but gives a charming smile.

“Is this true? Would you mind explaining it in detail?”

“Not at all,” You reply. “But, may I put my legs down the side of the bed and I’ll let you sit?”

She nods as you get out of the blankets, and allow her to sit next to you. You looked nervous, and you guessed that might be why Celestia puts a wing around you for comfort.

“W-Well...” You chuckle nervously and cover your face.

“*laughs* Ash, I really promise I won’t tell Twilight that you’re alive just yet. Is that enough?”

You moan sarcastically before finally moving your hands off.

“So... I was originally planning to propose to her at the Grand Galloping Gala. But I forgot to bring the present because I am a freaking idiot, haha. I... I just have this strong feeling that... *sniff* I just really, really, really love Twilight. I can’t help it. I don’t understand why I’m so attracted to her so suddenly, and why she sometimes gets attracted to me, but I couldn’t deny the love I have for her. I could already see the signs too- She’s been talking a lot about marriage. It was probably a race to see who’s going to bring up the question first. I bet she wanted to marry me right then and there. But she must have been scared and tapped out.”

Celestia squees. “Aw, that is adorable. I’m really happy for you both.”

“Thank you, but... What now? I don’t want her to get mad at me for what I did... The fact she didn’t send me a letter was proof. What if... What if she’s still a tiny bit mad and depressed for what I said to her? You know girls take criticism seriously. I don’t want her to yell at me.”

“I’m sure she won’t, Ash.”

You turn to her. She pets you kindly.

“If she loves you, of course, she would try to hide her feelings for you. It’s what lovers do, even though I’m not experienced at all,” Celestia explains. “When two people spent a long time together, sometimes, they take each other for granted. It takes time, dedication, and sacrifice to really convey what you truly feel for each other. Don’t stop loving her just because of that one conflict that tore your beautiful story apart.”

You look down.

“Ash, being in love is hard. Just like any other adversity, you’ll face challenges and you’ll always feel bad when you fail. The hardest part of it, as Cadance told me, is sacrificing what you strive for, in exchange for each other to be with you. Many can’t make up their mind about the decision. But truthfully, when I heard about what you did for Twilight, I too, knew you were willing to pay the cost.”

“Are... Are you sure?”

She hums and hugs you. “Though painful, you sacrificed yourself to protect her. I know you didn’t do it because of revenge. It’s because you love Twilight. So much, you’re willing to do anything- For her to be happy. Is that right?”

You nodded with a big grin.

“In that case, I’ll be more than honored to officiate your marriage when it finally comes. All you need to do is to ask her. After we confirm you’ve fully recovered without any potential dangers, of course.”

You giggle and hug her tightly. Celestia joins in the laugh and nuzzles you, feeling very glad for you. Now, you realize that this is truly, the end of the journey. Nothing else would stand between you and your love any longer. You decide to hatch a plan once she leaves so that no one other than you would know about it before you’ve finalized it.

Soon, you’ve secretly told everypony the plan. It really was time. You are finally going to make the decision. All she needs to do is to respond to one question.



”Will you marry me?”