• Published 17th Oct 2018
  • 516 Views, 4 Comments

Sparkle - Inactive Pone



A Compilation of moments between a human and a pony princess.

  • ...
12
 4
 516

16.Regret

Author's Note:

We have a song!! Yaaaaaaaas! This is my parody take on MagPiePony’s My Dear Luna from Princess Trixie Sparkle!

You make a full recovery a week later.

It was mostly only waiting, though. That was the most boring part. You have been doing that for a few months, while you laid dormant on the bed, but waiting while awake was even worse. You were advised not to do anything too crazy, even though at that point you’re already 90% recovered.

You guessed it probably something to do with the spell.

But, in any case, you’re free now. You board the Friendship Express once more back to Ponyville just before sunset. Another hour of traveling now feels like an eternity to you. You could not possibly wait any longer before reaching Ponyville. As the sun slowly goes down beyond the horizon, your brain was only filled with thoughts of affection. Twilight must have been worried sick. Or worse, maybe she thought you died.

After nearly going through a heart attack on the way, you finally reach your destination. This was it.



You sit near the edge of a grassy hill. The weather was fairly nice- As the leaves of the nearby trees shake upon the breezing wind. You silently look towards the town you’ve been connecting with for the past few years. Ponies were returning to their homes, after maybe a day of work, or after they went out for a walk.

Whatever the case, you can’t deny how bittersweet it was when you spied on different ponies greeted by their family wonderfully when they returned home, while you were along the way to get to where you are now.

You suck in a good amount of fresh air. Then you slowly let it out. You felt the need to do absolutely nothing at all- To process. To think. To reflect on what you’ve been through. Everything you’ve said, every act of yours, and of course, your continued love for your friend.

The sun seems to slowly sink beneath the horizon once more. The sky turns into a shade of bright orange and red. It was the perfect time of day for a round of confessions.

Specifically, love.

You think deeply on the friendship that you and Twilight share. You never wanted it to end. It surprises you, and maybe her, too- That one single misunderstanding can tear such big rifts between even the closest of friends. A fight that can break any embrace between you. An arrow straight into your fragile heart. But all of that doesn’t compare to all the happy, fun times that you both gave each other. True love is an unbreakable force. Though you don’t try to show too much affection in fear of overwhelming her, Twilight still likes you all the same. All of the fun and love, would slowly, but surely, recover all that was lost. Your hearts- mended back together. Both of you, once more in each other’s arms.

You realize her as more than a friend to you. And you were willing to protect her, no matter what the cost was. It’s hard- Choosing someone over something you desire so much. But, you think to yourself, ”What makes me happy?” If Twilight is what makes every day of your life so fun, so enjoyable and so relaxing, you’ll choose to cherish her most- And support her always. Just like what friends do for each other.

With your hands on the soft, pale green grass, you sigh blissfully and look to the sky.

“Twilight Sparkle,” You begin speaking, to no one in particular.

You take a deep breath.

“I understand if you can’t forgive me for what happened. I understand if you have a different perspective on me. I’ve shown you a side of me I wouldn’t ever want you to witness. Indeed, I can get foolish when I need to deal with situations like that. It... *sniff* It really hurt. So much, it still hurts today. I’m not talking about the physical scars, bruises, bloodshed... I’m talking about betraying you.”

A tear rolls down your cheek.

“I’ve said hurtful words to you, sweetheart. But that’s because I didn’t get a grip on the situation well enough. I knew something was up with you. I was... So caught up in arguing, and I really hoped you would have answered the suspicion in a calm state of mind. *sob* And then... Adversity struck me. It hurts me even more- To feel you didn’t have me by your side. I would’ve done anything to see you again before I return today.”

“Now that you’ve seen who I am when things don’t go my way... I’m sure you’ll think differently of me. I just know. I’m not the kind of person you knew me as- They are right in a way. I’m just This... *chuckles* shy, careless, immature guy that just knows how to gush over somepony I admire. But do I really care about you, Twilight? I can’t tell if I am really in love with you or whether I’m just trying to steal attention, now that I take the time to think about it. Maybe my decision was wrong. I’ll find someone else if that’s what you want me to do.”

You sigh.

“I just want to say Sorry. Will you... Will you forgive me?”

As the wind continues to blow against you, you imagined as if music was in the air- The feeling of watching a sunset was the atmosphere of the song. You’ve spent the past week listening to this song, over and over, and thinking about it Day and Night. Finally, this was your chance to prove to Twilight, you still love her and cherish your moments, as you’ve always been doing.

You start to sing.



Years ago,
I’ve always been so alone...
Weak and afraid,
I wished for just a loving friend...

Then, you...
Opened your hooves to me,
You were the one,
Somepony who granted my wildest dreams...
Growing up by my side...

Forever friends,
That’s what I’d called you before,
My dear Twilight...”


You start to cry, but you tried your best to hold back all the sniffing and sobbing and carried on, all while also remembering some little moments between the two of you.


”We cherished,
Every day,
We spent together...
And I knew, no matter what,
You’ll always be there.
When I’m falling down,
You’ll be the first to pull me up...”




”How come you don’t have any friends at school when you’re so nice?”

”I don’t know... I just... Feel so different, to them all.”

”That’s what makes us unique, Ash. Even though I’m nothing much like you... Who’s to tell me I can’t be your friend?”

”I guess you’re right. And, to be very honest... I really like you, Twilight.”

”*chuckles* Same to you.”



Remembering,
All of the time we spent,
It brings me such joy,
All of our jokes and silly fights,
And when,
We’ll give a kiss ‘neath the moon...

You were my world,
You’re the only one I’ll love...
My dear Twilight...

I cherished,
Every day,
You were beside me.
And I knew,
You felt the same,
Our bond can stay strong,
For a thousand moons...
It’s one bond that will never fade...”




”I’m so glad I met you, Twi.”

”Me too. Hey, are you crying?”

”What? No! I just... Feel really happy you’re my girlfriend...”

”*chuckles* Yes you are!”

”*chuckles* Oh, Twilight. Stop it, you’re making me blush.”




*crying*

”What’s wrong, Ash?”

”Nothing. Just... The death curse is on me.”

”You mean... Some people you once loved left you? Something like that?”

”Mhmm... Twi... You won’t leave me, right?”

”Of course not. I promise we’ll be friends forever. Okay?”



”I wish that we would just recall...
All those moments...
Where there’s no hate, where all we did...
Was love each other...
I want nothing else,
I just want my dear sweetheart back...”


Your tears continue to flow out, and all of a sudden, you were breaking down. The more you recalled the moments you share with her, the more tears you shed. For the first time, you felt what it was like to lose someone that trusts you. You felt what it’s like when it’s too late to apologize. You hoped she would forgive you, but would she? Would she really have forgotten what you’ve yelled at her? In fact... Does she remember you? At all?

You look down and bury your face in your hands as you stand up. You start to cry, louder and louder. Even though it wasn’t her who made you fight, what you said to her came from your heart. But Twilight’s words were fake. Has she moved on from what you have said?

“*crying* Twilight... *sob* You said you wouldn’t leave me alone...” You cry. “I can’t continue without you by my side... I’m sorry for everything, the lies I’ve told you, making you so angry about me... I’d never treat you that way. *sniff* I always loved you. I really do. *sob* I saved you in that crash- Even if you still hated me, I’m certain you can tell, I do care for you. I’ll do anything to protect my friend- Even if I die. But if you can’t move on from our fight... I understand...”

Down on your knees, slowly sitting down, you cry so hard that you can’t speak anything without stuttering.

“*crying* I know you said you never want to see me ever again and I did too... However, I can’t imagine ever doing that... Just come back to me, if you don’t want to be with me, it’s fine... *sob* I just want to say sorry...”

There was silence as you continue to cry. You don’t even realize the hoofsteps behind you.

*Squeeze*

“*sniff* I’m sorry too, Ash.”

You look behind yourself. Twilight was tightly hugging you, crying streams of tears with a smile.

“*gasp* Twilight...?”

“Mhmm, you’re not dreaming.”

Your face breaks from a frown to a big smile.

“Ohmygosh Twilight I missed you!!!”

You turn back and give her the sweetest hug you’ve ever given her. Both of you rest into the embrace, crying. While she nuzzles you happily, you are much more happy than that- Evident from how much you’re squeezing her.

“Owww... *chuckles* Ash...”

“*crying* Twilight... I’m so sorry...”

“As I said, me too. You’re not alone.”

You both unwillingly let go of each other.

“*sob* I... I missed you,” Twilight cries. “Those past few months... I’ve been thinking about a lot. I don’t blame you for anything. It’s not your fault and it’s a long story to what happened. Ash... Why would I ever say I hate you and don’t want to be with you anymore? Why?”

You blush and cry as she shakes your body, demanding an answer to her question. Your heart tears in two as she gets mad at you for what you thought was still reality.

“*sob* Because... I-I... *cry* I thought you... You still...”

“Oh, you poor thing...”

Twilight kisses you sweetly. Continuing to cry, you lean into the contact with utter joy. Not only has your best friend returned- She still liked you all the same.

“I would never judge you, Ash. That fight we had, we were not being ourselves. If we were... Why would we be furious at each other? So please, it’s not our fault. I know, someday we are going to fight and fall apart. But I could’ve never imagined it’ll go like this.”

She lets go to look at you and places a hoof on your cheek.

“*sigh* Ash, I... I’m really sorry. I would’ve told you about the whole situation if I could just come back before I stepped on that train. I couldn’t. The guards forbid me to do so- They fear you would continue to hurt me, harass me, and make me feel even worse than I already was. When you saved me in that car crash, and I saw you getting yourself so badly injured... *crying* I-I...”

Twilight pulls herself towards you and squeezes you like a little filly with her wings.

“*crying* I was so... *Sob* I’m so scared... *sniff* I didn’t want to see you like that, being attacked and humiliated... But you wouldn’t stop! Why would you hurt me like that!? *Shouting* Do you realize how much I care for you, Ash!? Don’t you know how worried I was!?”

The more she shouted, the sadder she became. You do nothing but sit motionlessly. She starts to hit you like a filly, begging for an answer. She is furious, but you remain calm, and only hug her tight in your arms, hoping to comfort her worry and flame. Soon, she starts crying instead of yelling.

“It’s none of our business now. All you need to know is that I have fully recovered. I’m back, Spark.”

She looks at you with big eyes and crystal-like tears forming in them.

“Do you know why I wanted to defend you?”

Twilight shakes her head.

“It’s because I love you.”

“Huh?”

You give her head a little rub and a playful tug on her ear.

“Though we broke up... Even if I was sorrowful, angry, and heartbroken... Deep down, I still love you as a friend. That won’t ever change, Twilight. In fact, that gave me time to realize how important you were to me. That’s why when that day came, I cared for you so much, I was willing to sacrifice myself. This is what separates normal friends to love: The devotion and dedication you make to earning each other’s trust.”

You put a hand under her head and give her a kiss.

“When I was shot... It really hurt. But that pain doesn’t compare to how hurt you must be in those few months. Scars and bruises like the ones I got can be healed relatively quickly. But scars of love, forever remain. No matter how hard you try to deny it. Yet, we must move on. There is nothing we can do to change our every actions. Once they’ve happened, it’s history.”

She gives a chuckle as you softly give her a tickle.

“Very true,” Twilight replies. “So... Do you still love me?”

“Always. You?”

“Of course.”

You and Twilight nuzzle each other with a giggle. You both are just glad to be back together. It was then, Twilight teleports in something special. You recognize it at first sight. A black, tiny box. You thought she would do something like this before, but you didn’t expect her to actually do it. Besides, it was you who came up with the idea first.

She winks at you as she levitates in it mid-air.

“You asked me once, to open this box when I think we’re ready.”

You nod.

“At the time, I didn’t open it because we never ran into a major conflict with each other. From what I know, love, always comes with a price. And it always comes with arguing, fighting, and a lot of heartbreaking moments between us. Of course, I’m not saying I planned the whole 'arguing with you' thing, you know that. Basically... What happened taught me a valuable lesson of friendship and affection. No matter what trials hit us, if we stick together, we’ll get past it. No grudge can divide a pair falling in true love. And, through this experience... I think it’s safe to say that, not only are we both sorry, we also have a strong feeling for each other.”

You smile at her. She smiles back.

“This experience of us being driven apart... Really marks a special place in my heart as a reminder. A reminder of how confusion can divide people. But when we sit down and talk to one another about our differences and hardships, there’s no doubt we’ll help each other up. This is why we have succeeded in being a couple for so long. You’ve always been open with me about your problems. We’ve always been alongside each other through every challenge, every moment. I want that to last forever, and I want to return the favor to you, too. So... After all that has happened, I only have one thing to confess to you, Ash...”

Taking a deep breath, she finally opens the box- And inside it, was a beautiful diamond ring.

“I, as the Princess of Friendship, will be honored to marry you.”

You gasp- You are ecstatic, surprised, and moved all at the same time. You start to cry.

“*Crying* Oh my gosh... *sobs* Really?”

“*chuckles* I understand we love each other so much. You mean so much to me, and I mean the world to you. After everything, I promise you, I will not tolerate any big fight between us anymore. I promise we will forever be together, and never split apart. Please... Will you promise me the same?”

You needed no further explanation at all. Since the day you met her, this moment before your very eyes was only something that can be described as a dream. Your tears are leaking out of your eyes as you struggle to respond. Your heart begins to beat faster and faster, as she more than patiently awaits your answer, crying.

You put both hands to your pounding heart.

“*blissful sigh* I do, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight immediately puts on the happiest and cutest smile ever. She slips the ring onto your ring finger, then turns to look at you. She starts crying, and you shed some tears too. You hold her hoof warmly, as your heads contact lightly, before she speaks another word.

“I’m sorry. Will you accept my apology, my friend?”

“If you forgive me, of course I will.”

“*sniff* Oh, Ash...”

“Twilight...”

You both hug tight and give the most tender kiss you’ve ever had. Swaying in the hug, you both cry in utter joy for being engaged. Smiles show up for both of you. Eventually, you push her to the ground. In return, she rolls over, and both of you, still in the hug, playfully roll down the hill together, giving the most bittersweet chuckles in your eternal kiss. Letting go, you couldn’t help but send your lovely fiancé a literal storm of kisses, which makes her giggle to no end. Her wings tightly keep you within her range, and she nuzzles so adorably you just want to stay in the moment forever.

Eventually, you both stop being so cheesy, and just casually chat in a warm hug.

“*giggles* This... This was the same ring I bought for you,” You tell her.

She laughs and gives you another kiss.

“When I left for the Crystal Empire, I took it with me,” Twilight replies. “At first, I kept it as a sign of you almost succeeding on faking me into loving you. But when time dragged on, especially when you were hurt, I actually started to see it as a symbol of your love to me, a symbol of how much you cared about me, and it reminds me how much I miss you.”

You booped her muzzle as she forces you into another kiss. Her crossing her hooves with your legs gave you a pretty good sign that she wanted you to hold her tighter. When you both tighten the hug and kiss, you start to chuckle at how naive you’re being, with all the cheesy actions you’re doing.

You brush away her mane to reveal her pretty face. She smiles.

“Hey, Ash?”

“Y-Yeah?”

She winks at you once more.


I cherished,
Every day,
We were together,
And I knew, that you and I,
Will always stay friends,
Even when you’re gone,
My love for you kept going strong...

I wish that I could take it back,
And didn’t leave you,
Those months apart was killing me,
I’ve always loved you...
I will never trade,
Our treasured love for anything...


“*sniff* You meant the world to me too, Ash,” Twilight says. “Stay with me, Okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

You let her hug and lie upon you.

“So you’ve been listening to me singing, huh?”

“Haha, yeah. It was... Very heartwarming. Thank you. This... This makes me feel so...”

“Happy?”

She nods as you set her down beside you.

“Say,” Twilight asks. “What if I said no back then, when you asked me?”

You smirk.

“Heh, I’ll reenact myself getting hurt by a car, and almost dying to a bunch of men.”

She gives you a nudge. “Don’t do that, pleaseeee~”

“Then marry me, Princess.”

“Of course I will, silly! Now get over here and give me my cuddles!”

“Ahhh! Hahaha, oh, Twilight...”

“Hehe, Ash... I missed you so much. Please don’t leave me again, my best friend.”

“I wouldn’t. Never again.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”

“Good... *blissful sigh* Let’s stay like this for a while. I’m enjoying being with you.”

“So do I, sweetie. *chuckles* Want me to carry you back home?”

“*laughs* If you won’t let go of the hug, then I’m down.”

You pick up Twilight as she dies from laughter.

“Waaaa! Hold onto me tight!”

“Haha, forgot how big you were, sorry. Now, come on. Let us go home.”

“Yeah. I’ll love that very much.”