• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 4,433 Views, 253 Comments

Rainbow's Lonesome Road - Centurion Pike-Wall



The Mare-do-well incident goes wrong. Very, very wrong. Leading to rainbow wounded and alone.

  • ...
13
 253
 4,433

Train (Pt.1)

One of the Hippogriffs kept up into the air, using momentum to break her guard. Void ran forward, allowing the unfortunate Hippogriff to impale himself on her knife. He gasped and sputtered as Void reached for his sword. It was rather simple; plain leather grip, small guard, and a short straight blade.

She had no time to study it more, when another lept through the window, attempting to catch her off guard. She parried this one's strike, and got into a defensive posture. He went in With a flurry of blows, slowly pushing her back. She didn't attack, waiting for him to tire out. When it became clear he wouldn't, she decided to pull a old trick out. She whirled on her forelegs, spinning around and bucking him. He was knocked back, helmet flying off as he collapsed into the seats.

As she fought, she was vaguely aware of what the others were up to. The two Storm guards still were both unconscious. Major Ralph was fighting off one who had a blue plum as opposed to the normal cyan ones. Tempest and Zabartha were also caught in a grueling melee. She had no more time to look on, as another hippogriff came at her.

This one snuck up behind her, trying to catch her by surprise. She flapped her wing, sending the still plenty strong appendage into the doubtless surprised guards face. She was knocked over, but soon used her wings to right herself. She came at her again, trying to cut at her hooves. She void knocked aside her blade, before going for her neck. The hippogriff brought her short sword up, blocking the strike. The two blades became locked, and Void attempted to take advantage.

Due to the fact her sword was in her forehoof, she swung her free hoof at her. But the hippogriff caught it, and the blade lock evolved into a grapple. It was certainly unfair; the hippogriff was much stronger, and had sharp claws. This latter fact was made apparent when the Hippogriff began to dig them into her hoof, a grin spreading across her helmeted face. The claws pierced the fur and skin, and small lines of blood began to trickle down her hoof and into the carpeted floor. She was being pushed down, Her opponents greater strength being too much for even the quite fit mare. In desperation, she pinched her face foreward, slamming it into the Hippogriffs armored head.

Immediately, the grapple broke, both combatants falling back in pain. Void because she had just used her face as a blunt weapon. The hippogriff because the pony she was fighting had just used her head as a blunt weapon. Both sides lay there for a few seconds before recovering. They both shot to their hooves, but the hippogriff was faster. She swung her fist into the prismatic mares head, which was unprotected. Void slumped back to the floor, and the hippogriff went for her sword. Hoping to get her down, void held out her hindleg, causing the haisty guard to trip and fall into the seats. Void got back up, grabbed the sword she was using, and shoved it into her unprotected back. She twitched and groaned, before going limp.

She found herself next to Zabartha, who was grinning like a mad-stallion. He said, "Oh, hey Void." He then looked over at the cargo, which Tempest was standing on, cracked horn glowing. " You, ah, may want to get down. " Following the zebras advice, she ducked behind one of the seats. She risked a peak, and saw a bunch of the Hippogriffs surrounding Tempest. Then, a massive blast of crackling electricity shot from her chipped horn, arcing into each of the Armored Hippogriffs. The spell coursed up their bodies, as they all dropped dead. It was, as much as she hated and was disgusted with herself, very impressive.

The major and the other mercs had soon driven off most of the Hippogriffs. A few still put up a fight, but they weren't many. The major then yelled, "We're coming up on the Morchoc Mountain tunnel. Once we get inside, they can't follow us." As he finished, he slapped, and then gutted another Hippogriff. Good, Void thought. Then I can take a nap!

Void was locked in combat with the last remaining hippogriff. This one was near One of the open train doors, and Void saw pushing him toward it. He was too defensive for her to get a strike in, so she thought of something different. Grabbing one of the abandoned short swords, she bucked the one she was using at her, while pulling the new one up into her mouth. He ducked around the blade, but it still buried itself hilt deep in his wing. She internally cringed at the sight, but had little time to think. She once more whirled on her front hooves and bucked him off the train.

She turned back toward the other side of the car, where the last of the fighting was. She then saw the major and a hippogriff standing off. The hippogriff was different then the others; his plum was red, and he had a mace instead of a sword. He growled out, "I want, what's mine."

Ralph laughed at this. "Ha, over my dead bod-ACH!"

That last part was caused by a knife flying free of his free claw, impaling itself in his chest. The major dropped hi sword and crumpled to the floor. What's worse, she saw that Zabartha and Tempest were nowhere to be seen. Which meant she was on her own.

The red-plumed Hippogriff entered with a confident swagger. He regarded Void with cold eyes, and began to walk up to the box. Void then shot forward, knowing things probably wouldn't end well if she was still alive and this train got where it was supposed to. The hippogriff ducked behind the box, and void, hoping to catch the upper-hand, jumped on top, ready to swing her blade down. However, when she looked down, he wasn't there. Her head shot from side to side, looking for him. She found him, or rather, he found her, when he swung his mace down, knocking the sword from her mouth. He then swung it up, aiming to strike her in the face. She ducked under it, and sprung towards him, drawing her knife. She managed to pin him down, and bring the blade toward his face. However, in an attempt to defend himslef, he managed to grab the blade. He slowly wrenched it to the side, ripping it from her grasp, before punching her in the face. With his opponent stunned, he then brought up his hoofed hind leg, and kicked her off him. The impact went her flying into the crate, which knocked it over, it's contents spilling in front of the shocked Pegasi.

It's contents was......Another Hippogriff? This one looked much younger then the armored guards, no older then Void. She had a light turquoise mane, swept to the side, much like her friend fluttershy, except for a single strand that stuck up like a lighthouse. Her coat also resembled her old friends; a light, butter colored yellow. She wore a necklace made of shells, and had a flower (or, maybe some kind of fruit?) In her mane. Her light blue eyes shine with fear.

Void made her confusion known to all. "What the Buck!?"