• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 2,590 Views, 161 Comments

In which Masterweaver just makes stuff up - Masterweaver



A bored FiMfiction author decides to screw with his audience, leading to a most bizarre and chaotic series of events. Why does he do this? Where does he get the inspiration? And most importantly, is there going to be clop? Only time will tell...

  • ...
13
 161
 2,590

The Fourth Awakens. No, I'm serious.

Apple Bloom adjusted her bow cautiously, giving Scootaloo and Apple Bloom a short glance. "Right. Are we all ready for tha ritual?"

"I've set up the brazier," Scootaloo reported eagerly, "and I think Sweetie just got finished sketching out the runic circle! Are you sure this will work though?"

"Ah read the spellbook very carefully," Apple Bloom replied firmly, handing out long tubes to the other fillies. "If'n there was anything Ah missed, we're only going to find out after we start this."

"I brought robes for everyone!" Sweetie Belle rushed to a corner, pulling out three thick brown clothy objects. "You know, since it is a big magic ritual and all. I thought it might be appropriate."

"Aw, thanks!" Apple Bloom took the offered garment and slid into it quickly, grinning as she paced around. "Comfy fit."

"Yeah, alright." Scootaloo took another robe, slipping it over her frame and shaking her mane. "Could use wing holes."

"Right, sorry. I'll remember that next time." Sweetie Belle pulled her own robe on, glancing out the window. "You know, I think Applejack would be angry if she found out we were conducting dangerous magical rituals in our clubhouse..."

"Relax. Ah told ya before, this is just a simple long-range contact spell." Apple Bloom snapped her glowstick and started shaking it, rolling her eyes as the green light brushed against her face. "Besides, we've progressed a lot since this spell was first made. Used ta be we'd have to talk in weird patterns, ' to this one, we wish to speak,' just fer tha spell to work."

"Still, though," Sweetie Belle pointed out, "we're literally going to cut our hooves, bleed into a pool of oil, and then set it on fire. Why are we setting our blood on fire?"

"Because of the midichlorians!" Scootaloo replied, snapping her own glowstick so her face was framed in purple light.

"Mitochondria," Apple Bloom corrected.

"Right, those things. You know, the little germs in your blood that connect you to Equestria's magic."

"First of all, they're not germs," Apple Bloom stated with a firm glower. "Secondly, we're not going to need that much blood. Just a little nick, is all."

Sweetie Belle sighed, snapping her glowstick and moving into position. "Fiiiiiine. But if this goes wrong, don't say I didn't warn you." She gave them each a look, her face framed in blue light.

The two other fillies rolled their eyes, moving into their positions around the brazier. They each rose their glowstick over the bowl, Sweetie Belle levitating a small knife around and wincing each time it cut into one of their hooves.

"By tha force of our magic, by the power of our blood," intoned Apple Bloom, "we wish to speak to Babs Seed!" She lit a match, threw it into the brazier, and led the other two fillies in waving their glowsticks slowly over the resulting fire.

The misty smoke took on the form of a sleeping filly, sprawled out on open air and snoring up a storm. Scootaloo frowned. "Didn't you say you mailed Babs to let her know we were doing this?"

"Yeah, she said she would--" Apple Bloom facehooved. "The time zone. It's probably past her bedtime. OY! BABS!"

"Huh--? Wha--?" The smoky form jolted. "Oh! Oh, hey guys, I thought yoose was gonna do this earlier--"

"What are you wearing?" Sweetie Belle asked. "It looks like leather!"

"Oh, this?" Babs looked down at her form-fitting catsuit and shrugged awkwardly. "See, when I read blood magic, I thought I'd look the part. Dark cultist, yah know?"

Scootaloo narrowed her eyes. "Is that why your mane looks like a pair of cinnamon buns?"

"No, that--see, there's this... it's complicated. Oh!" Babs reached a smoky hoof downward, and for a moment Apple Bloom thought she was fishing through the flames before she remembered that the brazier didn't exist on her cousin's side. "I remembered my glowstick!" She pulled up a thin red rod, waving it with a grin.

"Huh." Scootaloo tilted her head. "You know, from over here, it kinda looks like some sort of... pirate sabre. Made of light."

Apple Bloom glanced at the rod in her hooves. "Huh. Yeah... Ah guess we all have some sort of, uh, glowsword, don't we?"

"Really?" Babs looked at her own red pole. "I's gonna have ta add a crossguard or somethin' then." She shrugged. "Enough of that, though. How has the crusadin' been goin'?"

"Not too good," Sweetie Belle reported with a sigh. "None of us have our cutie marks yet, of course, but on top of that Rarity's still out of town, Apple Bloom's been a bit weird--"

"I have not--!"

"--and for some reason Scootaloo is busy helping the orphanage."

Scootaloo shrugged. "I remember what it was like. If I can make a difference, I will." She narrowed her eyes. "No matter the cost."

"Wait... yoose an orphan?"

"Was. Not anymore." Scootaloo took a breath. "But let's not talk about that. How have things been going in Manehatten?"

"Ah, well, see there was this..." Babs gestured vaguely, then shrugged. "There's this corporate empire trying to clamp down on my neighborhood, and I kinda got roped into leading a bunch of other fillies in some sort of rebellion, it's... yeah. It's complicated. We've pretty much figured out their plans, though, we just need to get them to somebody who..."

She paused.

"Say.... Apple Bloom, didn't yoose tell me that Applejack had some kinda fast-track to the princesses?"

"Yeah. Well, technically it's Twilight--" Apple Bloom grinned suddenly. "You want me to pass a message along?"

"Wells yeah, ya gotta help me. Way I see it, you're my only hope."

Scootaloo smirked devilishly. "YES. We will ENSURE! That these noble battles of yours resound through the cosmos!"

Everypony stared at her as she laughed maniacally for a moment or two.

"....Riiiiiiiiiiiiight." Apple Bloom shrugged, turning back to the smoky image. "Anyway, what should Ah say to the princesses?"

"Okay, here's what's goin' down: Rusty Rail's Demolition Depot is lookin' to buy out all the property in tha bronx--that's slang for Bronco's district--and once they do that...."

Author's Note:

May the Fourth be with you. Always.