• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 2,589 Views, 161 Comments

In which Masterweaver just makes stuff up - Masterweaver



A bored FiMfiction author decides to screw with his audience, leading to a most bizarre and chaotic series of events. Why does he do this? Where does he get the inspiration? And most importantly, is there going to be clop? Only time will tell...

  • ...
13
 161
 2,589

Okay, this is getting too serious. Deploy the cute!

Rainbow flailed her hooves melodramatically. "Agooba!"

Fluttershy managed to keep from outright laughing, but a snort did pass from behind the hoof she held to her mouth. "Really? 'Agooba?' That's what you're going with?"

The small blue filly frowned. "Fudahsy, I haf no idea how foals ak. Bein kood is hahd, okay?"

"I think that's the problem, actually. You're trying to force it, act a specific way, but foals don't think about it that much. They just... do their thing, based on how they feel." Fluttershy sighed. "Well, that's what I've observed, anyway. Just... follow your whims, and don't be embarrassed, and I think you'll have it."

Rainbow Dash scrunched up her tiny face in concentration. "My wims... hmmm."

After a moment, she rolled onto her belly and started flapping her wings as hard as she could. She managed to lift partway off the ground, her rear legs pushing against the floor as she buzzed along. "Weeeeee!"

Fluttershy managed to keep from giggling, but she had a wide smile on her face as she watched the filly flying around her home. She glanced at her own wings for a moment. Then, her smile morphing into a sly smirk, she fluttered up into the air, hovering just out of Rainbow's vision.

After a moment, Rainbow brought her forehooves back to the ground, panting a little. "Woooo...! Aaa. My wiens huht, bud I'm nod tiahed... thehs a lodda enahgee in dis body, huh Fudasy?" She turned back to where the other pegasus had been standing, and her eyes snapped wide. "Uh... Fudasy...? Weh ah you...?" She gazed around the cottage room carefully, keeping her hooves on the ground--

With a sigh, she planted a tiny hoof on her face. "You'h wite abof me ahn't you."

"Maaaaaaybe."

Rainbow Dash tilted her head up. "Okay... wy ah you up theh?"

"Oh, no reason," Fluttershy replied. "Just thought I might try to chase down and catch an adorable little filly."

"....waid wad?"

"I'm going to get you!" the yellow mare singsonged, diving at her.

Before she realized what she was doing, Rainbow Dash had started galloping around the cottage floorboards, dodging Fluttershy as she swooped around the room. Part of her realized that the yellow pegasus was quite deliberately keeping herself at a relatively low speed, only pretending to chase after her, but most of her thoughts were spent up in giggles and stumbling as quickly as her tiny hooves let her around the furniture. It was actually quite fun, once she got into it--the flow of leading and following, the exhilaration simply running brought about, the thrill of the chase.

The two of them rushed around the single room, all track of time lost, right up until there was a knock on the door.

Instantly Rainbow went from gleeful giggles to terrified tremors. "Gleep! Nopony can see me wike dis!" She rushed under the couch as quickly as she could.

Fluttershy blinked, glancing between the door and the couch. "Um..." She hovered down to the door, clearing her throat. "Could you, um, give me a moment? I'll be right out."

She leaned down to peer under the couch, giving Rainbow a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I can keep them distracted. It'll be alright."

Rainbow responded with a nervous smile, but backed cautiously into the couch's shadow.

Fluttershy rose up and walked over to the door, opening it just a smidge. "Hello there--Scootaloo?"

"Hi, Fluttershy!" The orange pegasus filly beamed up at her. "Do you, maybe, know where Rainbow Dash is? Because she said we'd hang out today..."

Fluttershy couldn't help but wince. "Oh. Oh dear..."

"...What is it?"

"...ah." The yellow pegasus sighed. "There was... an accident, and one of Rainbow's family members.... it was pretty bad." Fluttershy shook her head solemnly. "You know how Dash can get when her friends get hurt?"

Scootaloo's ears drooped. "Oh. I... I'm sorry to hear that." She kicked at the ground. "She rushed right off, didn't she...?"

"Mmm." Fluttershy nodded noncommittally. "I... Actually!" she said with a sudden, forced cheer. "The injured family member has a filly that, well, couldn't be handed off to anyone in the family. Conflicting time commitments, it's really very bad. So Rainbow asked me to look after her."

She backed into the cottage, gesturing for Scootaloo to come in. "She's a little nervous, but you know I wouldn't be surprised if Rainbow Dash appreciated you playing with her. Let me just see if I can convince her to come out..."

Scootaloo watched as Fluttershy bent down to look under the couch. "Um... Spectral Shimmer, guess what! Cousin Rainbow's adoptive little sister is here! Do you maybe want to spend some time with her?"

After a moment, the filly thought she heard a little sigh. "Ugh... fine. I ges I can... bud see beda nod call me kood."

Fluttershy stepped to the side, giving Scootaloo a wide grin. The orange pegasus watched as what looked like, for all the world, a miniature Rainbow Dash crawled out from under the couch.

The two of them stared at each other.

"Hmm." Scootaloo tapped her chin. "You have a blue coat."

"It runs in her family," Fluttershy explained.

"And her mane is rainbow, like Dash's."

"Her father had that too."

"And her eyes are the same shade of... pinkish purple?"

"Actually they're more of a purplish pink," Fluttershy hedged.

"Hmmm. You know, if I didn't know better, I'd say that was Rainbow Dash as a filly. But I know that's not possible, age magic is incredibly difficult to handle."

Fluttershy nodded, her grin wavering as her eyes darted about.

Scootaloo finally started walking toward the tiny foal. "You know what, though? You were right, Spectral Shimmer. Even if you're a miniature version of RD, you're not cute."

"Eeeeyep," the tiny pony preened. "I'm somfin else endirely."

"Mmmhmm. You. Are...."

Scootaloo suddenly wrapped her up in a tight hug. "ADORABLE!"