• Published 19th May 2018
  • 2,132 Views, 42 Comments

The Legend of Zelda Friendship is Magic 2: Return of Majora - MetalBrony823



After the final defeat of Ganondorf in Equestria, Link and Colin face a new threat in the land where they defeated him, with the help of their friends

  • ...
4
 42
 2,132

Yakety Yaks

The storm continued, but Link and all his friends made it to the city of Yakyakistan, just at the outskirts as a matter of fact, and the place looked unchanged by anything. Despite how it looked, Kit told them about the brewing about to happen in this yak city. Pinkie was still the last one, out of all her friends, concerned abut the cities well-being, as with the yaks who dwell upon it as well.

Apart from the winds rustling through the atmosphere, it was too quiet over the horizon, and it felt quite eerie for Link, Colin, Epona, and their friends.

There were no guards at the front doors that gain entrance to this fortified city, making it all the more suspicious. Pinkie Pie knocked on the large, wooden door a dozen times with her head and shouted: "Helloooo? Anypony home? Prince Rutherford, it's me: Pinkie Pie, open the door!"

No answer, and it made Pinkie more greatly concerned than before. "Pinkie, I don't think they can hear you." said Bon Bon

"How are we gonna get the door open?" asked Fluttershy

Mathayus stepped up and cracked his knuckles. "I have the key for that. Stand back." He then kicked the door open with his foot with a loud "Bam!" echoing across the mountain range.

"Nice." Rainbow remarked. "Come on, let's see what we can find." the group slowly stepped inside the city, and it almost looked like a ghost town. Just then, a bulking figure was coming towards them with large, wide, and sharp horns. "Oh. Prince Rutherford, it's just you." Rainbow recognized her.

The leader of the yaks didn't say anything, just gave out a small huff, like he was offended by something.

"Oh, Rutherford! It's so good to see you again!" Pinkie bounced with joy. She ran up to hug him, but before she could touch him, the prince swatted her away with a mighty arm, knocking her into the snow. The pink mare was absolutely shocked and hurt by what her friend just did to her.

Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, and the others went to her aid to pick her back up on her feed. "Rutherford," said Twilight in shock and disbelief. "What was that all about?"

"Ponies not welcome in Yakyakistan!" said Rutherford. "Yakyakistan belong to Yaks and Yaks only. Trespassers will be squished and stomped on until they die. He threw himself back, standing on his hind-legs, and his eyes revealed to be an evil purple, like he was being brainwashed or controlled. Rutherford bellowed and charged at the group.

"Okay, has he lost his mind?!" said Rainbow Dash

"Why is he going berserk?" said Rarity in great confusion

"It's probably just me," said Link. "But, have you ever seen a yak with glowing purple eyes before?"

"That is peculiar." said Twilight with a realization coming to her head. She gasped, and said: "Majora probably put a spell on prince Rutherford against us."

"What?!" Pinkie exclaimed in shock and horror. "He's been possessed by Majora?!?!" she looked at her yak friend and felt a touch of heartbreak run through her system. "Not Prince Ruthorford."

"There has to be a way to snap him out of- Incoming!" Applejack exclaimed. She and the others dodged another fast and powerful charged from the brainwashed Prince of the yaks. "That was a close one. We don't wanna kill him!"

"But we don't wanna see everyone we care about die because of Majora." Colin pointed.

"There has to be a way to snap him out of this without killing him." said Big Mac.

"Stand back." said Mathayus. He stepped up in front of the yak prince, and put his sword and shield down. "I'll take care of him by myself."

"Wait!" Pinkie Pie begged the darknut. "Don't hurt him! Please don't kill him!!"

"We have to make him come to his senses, Pinkie." Said Link. "We got to strike him down."

"And I won't kill him." Mathayus said. He looked at Rutherford with a fierce look, growling in a low rubber as he readied his arms. He was planning to grab onto the horns to throw him like how Link would handle an aggressive Ordon goat."

Rutherford began charging again, and he was moving like a runaway freight train of fur, probably fifteen-hundred to teo-thousands pounds of bones and body.

Mathayus then grabbed hold of the horns of his opponent, and he was being pushed by the large yak.

"Yak doesn't want you here!"

"This is not you, Rutherford!" Fluttershy begged him.

“You’re being controlled by Majors’s dark magic!” Twilight added. “You have to fight it!”

Despite this, Rutherford didn’t listen to them, and he was grunting and trying to knock Mathayus down with his body. “Yaks kill intruders!” He exclaimed.

The pink mare felt like crying seeing her own yak friend and diplomacy partner turning evil like this. Link put a reassuring hand on her back. “It will be okay, Pinkie.” He Said. “Rutherford won’t kill him, and I think he knows that he is doing.”

Before Rutherford could act, he felt himself being grabbed by his horns, and he found himself fallen to the ground on his right side with a loud “Thump!” Like a meteor just came into earth from outer space.

Despite that, the chief got back up, and he was madder than before. Rutherford was steaming like a tea kettle on a stove turned that was working. Mathayus and the price charge at one another while letting out a loud battlecry from themselves. When they both clashed, the world stopped for a second, but Mathayus was on top of Rutherford, and punched him in the face a couple times.

“My goodness.” Said Lyra. “This is getting serious.”

“Eeyup.”

Just then. other yaks appeared and they looked brainwashed as well. They had the same purple glowing color in their eyes as their prince has on his own face, and they looked just as threatening as their leader, too.

“Uh-oh. We got company!” Spike exclaimed.

An all-out fight happened between the other heroes and the corrupted yaks. “I’m sorry.” Pinkie Said after kick a yak in the face with her hooves. “Sorry!” She Said after knocking out another one out cold.

Poor Pinkie Pie was apologizing to every yak she had hit in the face after she did it. Never before has she felt so guilty in all her life.

Mathayus then picked up Rutherford and threw him on the ground. The prince was out cold, and he didn’t move. It looked like he was dead from the impact of the fall.

Just then, the other yaks eyes didn’t glow purple anymore, and looked around in confusion. “What just happened to Grundy?” A bull.

“Where is yak?” Said a cow.

“You were being controlled by Majoras evil magic and put under his spell.” Link exclaimed. “Is everyone alright?”

The other yaks all replied a yes to him, and looked at the prince. Every one of them gasped in horror, for it looked like that Mathayus had killed their glorious leader. “Rutherford!” Said Pinkie. She rushed up to him and knelt down. “Are you Okay?!”

The prince began to stir and shook his head in a rapid pace. “What just happened to Rutherford?” He Said. “What brings you to yak home, Pinkie Pie?”

“You were being brainwashed by an evil spirit.” Said Fluttershy. “Majora brainwashed all of you to do his bidding.”

“And, you almost killed us by charging at us.” Rainbow added.

“Yak not remember doing any of those things.” Said the prince. “Has he been dreaming?”

“Unfortunately, no.” Said Epona.

“It was real.” Said Storm.

Discord cleared his throat, and he remarked: “you had a glowing purple in your eyes. Are you sure you do not remember anything?”

“Well, Yak remembers this terrifying demonnthst come to our own village and offered us at his side to take over Equestria. Yaks refused and then he messed with yaks brains.”

“Yep, He was controlling you.”

“So sorry, friends. Yak never felt so ashamed in his life.”

“It’s not your fault,” Said Pipsqueak. “If anypony is to blame, it’s Majora himself.”

“Rutherford say we stomp on him good!” The other yaks agreed with their leader in an angry uproar. They really wanted to destroy Majora form what he just did to them all, and how he made them his puppets for a while.

Link calmed them all down by saying: “it’s not that simple. He is too strong. Only we can kill him. Besides, he will just brainwash you again if you try to fight him.”

Rutherford looked at Pinkie Pie, and she nodded a yes to him. “Very well, boy.” Said The Prince. “Just make sure he pays for what he has done to yaks!”

“We will.”

“Come on, guys.” Said Twilight. “We need to get back to the Crystal Empire.”

“What about the yaks?” Asked Starlight. “Majora might come back and cause havoc again.”

“Not to worry, pony.” Said a male. “We yak are strong as hammers, and yaks handle anything that can come in their way.”

“Alright. Just be careful.” Said Twilight. She, Link, Spike, and their friends went back to the Crystal Empire for anything that can help them, or if anything was okay in the city.