• Published 19th May 2018
  • 2,131 Views, 42 Comments

The Legend of Zelda Friendship is Magic 2: Return of Majora - MetalBrony823



After the final defeat of Ganondorf in Equestria, Link and Colin face a new threat in the land where they defeated him, with the help of their friends

  • ...
4
 42
 2,131

Everfree Shard

Everything looked the same in the Everfree forest, at least; didn't look touched by Majora's evil. Taking Kit's advice, the heroes looked around in the dangerous woods for a shard of the Fierce Deity's mask.

Link has been here before, but for a short time, and he decapitated a cockatrice before he could turn him into stone.

Would Majora come here? Link, Twilight, and the others could not say when he could arrive, but they had to find the shard fast before he could come, and corrupt anything else that he felt like turning to darkness. Whatever Majora was planning now, he was certainly becoming smarter in his plans to take over the world, and he would plan to corrupt someone more powerful than Cadence, and the yaks and the griffons.

Who would he corrupt next? Another question that Link cannot answer in his head. Still, they didn't want to wait around for him to show up with possibly a horde of monsters and demons under his command. Everyone looked high and low around many parts of the forest, but no luck for any of them.

There were a few monsters they all fought one at a time. One of them was a four-headed chimera with two tiger heads, and two goat heads (if not counted the snake tail behind it), which was encountered by Rarity and Applejack, but they managed to kill it, thanks to Mathayus and his sword skills.

Link, Colin, Fluttershy, Epona, and Storm were searching in the north of where Mathayus, Rarity, and Applejack were, and they encountered a few weird creatures, but nothing very dangerous that would want to kill them. Only a few foxes, wolves, some birds, and many other creatures you would find in a forest.

A terrible caw was heard and it startled everyone for a minute. Link pulled out the Master Sword and Great fairy sword in case another fight was about to happen. Fluttershy readied her stare in case it was an animal that was planning to attack her and her friends close to her. Storm hid behind her mother for protection in case something popped out, and Colin pulled out his sword and shield to attack whoever would come at his way.

Swinging his swords around, Link looked left and right for an enemy or a monster to come out and attack, but all of a sudden, there was a rustling, and a manticore came out, and two other ones were next to him. The first one was yellow and had a regular lion's mane second one had a long, shaggy, and straight mane with a green color, and the third had ram horns and in a ruby red color.

They looked a little menacing, and they looked like they can come up and kill this little posse. Link and Colin readied their blades, but Fluttershy recognized the leader of this manticore trio, and she immediately hugged the big guy. "Oh Fluffy. It's you!" she recognized him as she hugged him like he was her gigantic, overgrown dog.

As for the beast himself, he was enjoying a nice belly rub from the yellow pegasus mare. The other two manticores came around Fluttershu to have as much attention as their ringleader.

“It’s okay, Link.” Said Fluttershy. “This manticore is my friend. So are these two.” Link then out his swords away, then Colin sheathed his own, and Epona was calmer than before. Unfortunately, poor Storm was still a little scared by these three behemoth creatures. “Fluffy, can you please help us?” The yellow Pegasus Asked the leader.

Making a small roar in response, Fluffy signaled his head telling the group to follow him and his two friends here.” All three of them were walking a different path, and Fluttershy started to follow them. “Wait, are you sure this is a good idea?” Asked Storm in a very nervous tone of voice.

“It’s okay. We’ll be just fine.” She reassured him. Fluttershy promptly took charge, and followed these three majestic monsters to where they would lead them to possibly the mask shard that Kit told them would be at. Meanwhile, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Spike, and Big Mac were looking for the shard in the east. For them it was a little difficult, mostly because they were in a more denser part of the Everfree forest, but little did they know that the manticores would show them the way.

"Gah! I can't see a thing in this place." Rainbow complained. "I hope the others are suffering like we are."

"Ah, come on, Rainbow Dash." said Big Mac. "We'll get through this somehow."

“I hope so,” Said Spike.

A sudden rustling was heard in the bushes, and the three looked at their surroundings for anything that would attack them and waited for whatever it was to strike like a viper in the grass. Ultimately, it was Fluttershy, Link, Colin, Epona, Storm, and the manticores.

“Oh. Fluttershy, it’s you.” Twilight sighed in relief. “Wait, what’s with the manticore?”

“This is the same one I helped pulled the thorn off his paw when we were going to defeat Nightmare Moon the first day we met and became friends.” Fluttershy explained. “These two are Friends of Fluffy: Leo,” she pointed to the green lion. “And Ramses.” She lighted to the red one with the horns.

“These three can help us find the mask shard in the forest.” Said Link

“Are you sure?” Asked Big Mac.

“Of coursel i’ve Known this manticore for a long time.” Fluttershy confirmed.

“Well, She is an expert on these things, so nothing can go wrong.” Said Spike.

“Yeah. You’re right.” Said Twilight. “Lead the way.”

Lyra, Bon Bon, Pip were in a small group too, and the colt almost fell in a mud puddle after he slipped on a small landslide. “Whoa whoa!” Before he could hit the mud, he felt himself picked up by Lyra, who safely pulled him next to her with her magic. “You okay, Pip?”

The colt nodded his head a yes to her. “Thanks, Lyra. I would have sunk in that quicksand.”

“You’re welcome, Pip.” The green unicorn replied. It didn’t Take long for the others to find them and they all found Pinkie Pie, Thorax, Starlight Glimmer, and Discord lastly before following the three manticores to look for the mask shard that is supposed to be here in this very forest.

The manticores stopped in front of the old castle where Celestia and Luna used to live in before the one in Canterlot was built. The three made a few small growling noises and escorted everyone inside to the foyer.

A glowing purple was shining in the area where the two old thrones once stood, and it had to be it. Link smiled and went up the small flight of stairs to collect it. As soon as he grabbed it, it was almost complete, and only one more shard was left to make this legendary mask whole again.

Just as when it looked like another successful find, something happened. Two Iron Knuckles appeared from behind the two thrones and almost sliced Link’s head off with their axes. “Not so fast!” Said one of Them.

Luckily, the Hero dodged and made an acrobatic jump, pulling out his two swords again. Everyone else prepared for battle and five wizzrobes appeared: three ice and two fire elemental ones. The three manticores breathed their fire on the icy wizzrobes, melting them instantly as if they were made of ice.

“Whoa. Didn’t see that coming.” Said Thorax.”

“There’s some good manticores.” Said Fluttershy with her adorable smile. As for the fire wizzrobes, they were splashed with magical buckets of water conjured by Discord. He laughed in triumph as they both melted like a pair of witches.

“Hahaha! Now I can do this kind of prank without getting in trouble.” Said The Master Of Chaos.

A dozen goblins, bokoblins, and lizalfos came out from the shadows, looking like a small army to about fifty of them.

“Uh-oh.” Bon Bon remarked. “Not these guys again.”

Mathayus pulled out his own sword and shield, and readied himself for combat. “We have to strop them all from causing havoc.

“Give us the shard, puny weakling!” Said the second Iron Knuckle.

“Lord Majora tasked us to destroy that thing into little, tiny pieces!” The first one added.

“Fat chance, You overgrown knight!” Link began swinging his swords at them, dodging many attacks at the first iron knuckle, while Mathayus was fighting the second one.

Sounds of clashing steel were heard and the other monsters were being fought by the hero. Many bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos were gored, kicked, trampled on, punched and got hurt in many other ways. Some of them were also stung by the poisonous scorpion-like tails from the three manticores in the fight, instantly dying from their very deadly venom. If it was a regular scorpion sting, it would only hurt, but from manticores, it would feel like hundreds, or even thousands of scorpions stinging all at once like a swarm of bees or hornets.

Meanwhile, Storm was hiding behind a pillar so he wouldn't be seen by the bad guys and he would be safe from harm.

He then saw his mother being clawed by a lizalfos, being struck to the ground, and was being pummeled by two more lizalfos.

Something struck inside himself, like a sudden burst of courage, and he rushed over to Epona's aid, kicking one lizalfos in the face.

The monster was instantly knocked put by the impact, and the other two lizalfos looked scared, and Storm pounced on the second one punching it's face to and fro.

"What the?" Said third lizalfos said. Nonetheless, he pried Storm from him and threw him on the floor, temporarily knocking him out cold.

Epona's eyes widened seeing her own son getting hurt like that, and a terrible rage filled up inside of her like a candle just being lit on a cake.

"No one hurts anyone in my family and gets away with it!" She exclaimed. She began kicking her enemy in the face repeatedly until it fell dead. She then turned her attention toward her only son in concern, and gently pulled him back up on his feet. "Storm, are you okay?"

"Ah. Just fine. And you, mom?"

"Just fine. A little bruised, but nothing too serious." Epona replied with her motherly smile. Over a coarse of then to eleven minutes, all of the enemies were down, except for the Iron Knuckles, obviously being one of the toughest enemies that Link has ever encountered (besides the darknut, when they were bad and served Ganondorf.)

There axes looked so sharp and deadly that they could cut open a whole boulder in half. Still, Link was strong and swung his two swords left and right, and managed to slice at the Iron Knuckle he was facing with a fast slash from both his blades, causing it to trip on his back and struggling to get back up on his feet.

Link was about to finish it off with the ending blow, but the knight-like brute was fast, despite his hulking body, and jabbed Link's right cheek with his elbow, as if a bowling ball has hit it out of nowhere.

Despite how hard the knight hit, Link managed to slice off pieces of the armor with his blades and blocked another ax attack with them. Ultimately, the Hero fired a bomb arrow at it's face, stunning him. It gave Link a perfect opportunity for him to attack and kill it with three slashes from his Master Sword, and two from the Great Fairy Sword.

After that one was dealt away with, Mathayus, thanks to his brute strength, killed the second Iron Knuckle by bashing his shield into it's face three times, and impaled him with his sword without mercy, and it fell dead on the ground after the Darknut chief took the sword out of the chest..

At last, yet another battle has won (for real this time), and there was only one final mask shard to collect, and the Fierce Deity's Mask will finally be complete as one, and they will all finally confront the wicked Majora and put a stop to his wicked chaos.

Fluttershy petted Fluffy, around his mane, and gave it a kiss. "Thank you so much for bringing us here, Fluffy." she said to him. "And Thank you Leo, Ramses." All three of these beasts smiled gratefully, and licked Fluttershy one at a time. "I hope you will all be alright if Majora ever comes here."

Fluffy nuzzled his head gently against Flutterhsy for reassurance. He was obviously telling her that he and his two cronies will be fine against an attack from that evil and malicious mask if he ever comes. "Well, I guess it's off to the Dragon Lands." said Link, putting the almost complete mask away in his magic pouch. "How are we gonna get there in time? the train's not fast enough."

"And there's no track for one to take us to the Dragon Lands." said Applejack

"Oh wait. Discord, I think you know what to do." Pip remarked. "Can you take us there in time?"

"Of course I can, my boy." the Master of Chaos boasted. "Everyone prepare yourselves. To the Dragon Lands we go!" He teleported everyone and himself to the outskirts of the Dragon Lands. There were a few streams of lava and it felt a little warm around this area. it wouldn't be a surprise if a dragon would live in a very hot place since they are all fireproof.

Still, hot place or not, they all had to find the last shard to make the Fierce Deity's mask whole again. They all wandered aimlessly and finally, they were seeing more and more dragons as they were wandering through these fields.

"Okay, I'll do most of the talking." Spike volunteered. In a distance, they all saw a gigantic throne ahead of them, and it looked like a giant would sit on that marble.

"Whoa. Look at the size of that thing." Link remarked

"Who can sit on that thing?"

"Apparently a dragon." said Big Mac. "I've never been here before."

They all walked to the throne and they felt so puny the closer they were getting to it. A blue dot was sitting on the throne and Spike knew what that was.

The dot flew down like a harbinger and landed in front of them all. It was Ember, the new Dragon Lord of these very lands, looking cool and noble at the same time. "Ember!" Spike exclaimed.

"Hey Spike." said the female dragon. "What brings you here?"

"It's a long story, but... Can I have a hug? Pleeeeease?" Spike made the puppy eyes at his friend.

Smirking at his adorableness, Ember knelt down on her right knee, and opened her arms. "Come here, you." then they both hugged for a period of time. To Link this looked adorable, and everyone else thought of it too, especially Twilight