• Published 27th Jun 2018
  • 6,923 Views, 732 Comments

Broken Bindings - anonpencil



You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...

  • ...
12
 732
 6,923

Page 22

~*~

...I'm sorry.

I shouldn't have said those things. Not the way I did. I should not have gotten so angry, should not have put so much blame there. There's blame with me as well, there's a reason I am here, and I have no right to... to...

No.

You know what? I won't be sorry for how I feel on this. I deserve my anger. I deserve my spite and my hurt and my grief. I deserve to feel furious over what was taken from me and is still being taken from me.

I am allowed to be angry. And I will be angry.

She told me that what I was doing was wrong, when she herself had let such horrible things befall our land, her people that she claimed to protect. She told me that I should not be allowed to continue, when she herself was not doing anything to stop it from happening again. I had solutions, she had excuses. And she dared to tell me, dared to say that I was wrong. That bitch told me I was wrong, and then she turned her back on me.

What was I supposed to do? What did she expect?

Ponies were dead, ponies that mattered, that had value, and she didn't even want to hear their names. Instead of figuring out a stop to it, ending it once and for all, she found a way to put her problems far away from her. She hid it away, sealed it up, and walked away. Just like she did with me.

And yet she expected us to look up and see the symbol of our suffering every single night. She expected us, who already had so much weight to carry, to carry the weight of a damned celestial body above our heads and in our hearts. Just so she could feel better, noble, just so her hooves were clean. They were already dirty. They were already stained with blood, even if she denied it and ignored it. A million sorries, a million platitudes.

Nothing will bring back what I've lost. She took my life from me, twice. She is still taking it from me now.

So I am allowed to be angry.

I am allowed to hate her.