• Published 10th Feb 2018
  • 7,614 Views, 339 Comments

The Rise of a Raven - Chemtest



When you work with death for a living, do you even have to question if it will claim you? Just make sure to find any loophole possible, just in case.

  • ...
60
 339
 7,614

Jury (rewrite)

I stare at the previous bearers as they enter. They all take a seat, and Luna flies in after the last comes in, making there be eight of us in the room. One of them, Rainbow Dash, speaks first, “Alright, what’s the emergency and what’s it gotta do with this kid?”

I grimace as she say’s ‘kid’, but I allow it to pass. I affix them all with a smile, “The emergency I am here to talk about has to do with the one who stands above you; Princess Celestia. I, and my fellow friends, wish to conduct a fair trial against Celestia for her many crimes.”

Another then speaks, Applejack, “Crimes? What crimes has the Princess committed?”

I turn to her, “They are numerous, and shall be heard when we arrive to the trial. I wish to have your support behind me so that this situation isn’t seen as a revolution from the get-go.”

Twilight then intterupts, “Whoa, revolution? Raven, when you said ‘revenge’ I though you meant something like putting hot sauce in her cereal or something like that! Not a revolution!”

I hold my hoof up to stop her, “I do not wish for this to be a revolution, Twilight. If she is found innocent, or submits to her punishment when it is said she is guilty, then there will be no revolution. But if she resists the ruling of the case, then I will be forced to have her submit one way or another. The only way for a revolution is if she runs from her punishment. But she will see this as a revolution, even if all I want is a fair trial. But, with you six there, she will trust me more and be more likely to willingly go to her trial.”

Fluttershy then quietly speaks up, “So, you just want us there to stop fighting from happening?”

I nod, “Exactly. I want as little bloodshed as possible, so I need you all with me.”

Twilight looks around, before putting her hoof in the middle of the table, “You showed me what she did, even if I have a hard time believing it. If you just want a fair trial... I can’t disagree with that.”

After a second, a yellow hoof joins hers. Fluttershy slightly nods, “If it will stop ponies from hurting each other, I’ll help.”

Then a blue hoof, and Rainbow Dash says quickly, “If Twilight and Fluttershy trust you, I can.”

An orange hoof then, and Applejack says simply, “You’ve been honest with us this entire time. So, I will go with you.”

A white hoof rests on top of hers, trying to stay away from the dirty hoof a bit. Rarity, Sweetie’s sister, smiles, “Well, I know your Sweetie’s friend, and what you’ve said seems awfully generous for one set on revenge. Not to mention you seem like a perfect little gentlemen, so I will go with you.”

Finally, a pink hoof joins the pile, and a pair of blue eyes stare into mine, “You see it to, right? There are no walls surrounding you or me, we see the truth as it is. I can trust that.”

Luna looks a the hooves, “And what about us? What do you need us for?”

I look her dead in the eye, “Luna, if Celestia is found guilty of all things accused, then her penalty will be death. I need you to agree so that you can take over as Princess of Equestria should that come to pass.”

She looks at me a second longer, before nodding, “Harmony chose you for a reason. So, we will trust you. Should the worst happen, we will take over for our sister.”

I smile, “Good. Now, the cohort of skeletons should be done right around now.” I turn around and open the door to the library. I see five hundred skeletons, most of which carry a gun, and those that don’t have swords and armor. My five friends stand in front of them, facing the library as I exit. I smile, and point towards Canterlot, “March.”

———

We stop in the middle of a field, right outside of Canterlot. Celestia stands there, an equally sized army of five hundred behind her. She looks at me, and smirks, “Come to finally show your true colors, Necromancer?”

I shake my head, “All I am here to do is hold a fair trial against you. Celestia, on the name of Harmony itself, no harm shall come unless the trial deems it so.”

She looks back at her army, and sees them looking at her expectingly. Celestia is still a citizen, and thus has to answer to the court, and her army knows this. She also sees the previous bearers on my side, and relents, “Very well then, waste my time with your trial.”

I smile, and make the proper places out of bone. A jury stand, somewhere for the witnesses and judge to sit, and two desks for prosecution and defense. I reach into the power of my Element, “You shall be tried by a jury of every race.” I start to teleport beings from all around, “Representing the race of Unicorns: Chancellor Neighsay. Representing the race of Pegasus: Ditzy Doo. Representing the race of Earth: Time Turner. Representing the race of Changelings: King Francis of the Red Hive. Representing the race of Griffons: Grampa Gruff. Representing the race of Minotuars: Iron Will. Representing both the race of Crystal and Alicorns: Princess Cadence of the Crystal Empire. Representing the race of Buffalo: Chief Thunderhooves. Representing the race of Yaks: Horwitz. Representing the race of Draconequus: Discord. And to preside over the case, Judge Sturdy Brass.”

The people all appear in their rightful spots, me transferring memories into their head as they teleported.

I smile, and take a seat at the prosecutors table, “Let us begin.”