• Published 6th Feb 2018
  • 12,585 Views, 124 Comments

Godzilla - Gojipower12



When a strange egg turns up on Fluttershy’s barn, she is tasked in taking care of the infant that will soon hatch. But she’ll get a surprise when the egg in question hatches into a Titan.... Titanus Gojira, to be more precise.

  • ...
3
 124
 12,585

Chapter 9

It was mid-day in Ponyville. Fluttershy trotted up a hill with Godzilla riding on her back. She had carried a basket filled with an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Twilight and the others were already set up with a picnic table settled on the hill’s peak.

“Fluttershy, darling, you’ve made it. We were just about to begin eating.” Rarity said.

“Oh, really? I was afraid we were going to be late. Godzilla got in the chicken coop again, so I had to bring him out. He’s been doing that for a while now. I thought the chickens would be terrified of him, but I was surprised that the chickens don’t mind him at all. One morning, I found several of my normally irate hens huddled right on top of Godzilla without any hint of hostility. I don’t know how, but apparently Godzilla’s very good at making friends with everyone.” Fluttershy replied with a giggle.

“Aww, that’s so cute!” Twilight said.

“It must be fun living with that lil’ cutie! He’s so cute, I just wanna eat him up!” Pinkie exclaimed, pulling Godzilla in a hug.

“Fluttershy, Ah gotta ask ya.... What are ya gonna do when Godzilla gets bigger?” Applejack asked.

“Yeah, he’s not gonna stay tiny and adorable forever.” Rainbow added.

“I never really thought of that.... I don’t really know.” Fluttershy admitted.

“Don’t worry about that, Fluttershy. We’ll help you come up with a solution once we cross that bridge, right girls?” Twilight said. Everyone nodded in agreement. As Godzilla plopped down on the grass to relax, a ladybug had fluttered right over his snout. His attention locked on the airborne insect, Godzilla began running after the ladybug.

“Hey, he’s running off!” Spike exclaimed.

“Not again! Godzilla, come back!” Fluttershy exclaimed. The Main Six and Spike immediately ditched the table and ran after Godzilla. They all stopped when the little reptile had begun climbing onto a tree, crawling towards the ladybug. He managed to climb onto a fickle branch that was suspended above a huge lake.

“Get down from there! You’re going to hurt yourself!!” Twilight exclaimed. Godzilla continued inching towards the ladybug, crawling to the edge of the branch. The insect flew off, leaving Godzilla to growl in frustration at failing to catch it. Without warning, the branch gave way and snapped, causing Godzilla to plummet into the lake.

“NO!” Fluttershy yelled, gasping in horror as Godzilla sunk beneath the surface. For a few long and terrifying moments, everything went still. Until Godzilla casually swam towards the surface with the grace of a baby dolphin. He effortlessly swam in the water with surprising speed, chasing after a school of tiny fish. Fluttershy held a hoof to her chest as she exhaled with relief.

“Sweet Celestia..... Godzilla can swim!” Fluttershy exclaimed. Everyone watched as Godzilla bounded playfully in the water.

“Look at him go!” Rainbow said. Godzilla swam back to shore, completely soaked. Fluttershy ran up to him and embraced the reptile in her arms.

“Don’t scare me like that ever again! You could’ve gotten seriously hurt!” Fluttershy scolded. Godzilla responded to her scolding by shaking his body like a dog, flinging a downpour of freezing-cold droplets of water everywhere. Fluttershy laughed as she held out her hooves to block the water shower from hitting her face. She just couldn’t stay mad at the little saurian.

***

The afternoon sun began its slow descent from the sky, casting a bright orange-yellow glow on Equestria. After checking on the animals for the last time today, Fluttershy decided to call it a day and walked inside the house with a tired huff. She noticed Godzilla was uttering an adorable baby version of a growl while pawing at something hiding behind a chair.

“What’s the matter, sweetie?” Fluttershy asked, following Godzilla’s gaze. A crab had somehow made its way inside the cottage, creating a stir amongst the animals living inside. The orange-red crustacean would raise its pincers and snap at Godzilla every time he got to close. The crab finally had enough and scurried off to escape the little lizard, only for Godzilla to pin it to the floor with his foot. Godzilla’s tiny dorsal plates flickered with blue light as he opened his jaws with a high-pitched snarl. Instead of a stream of nuclear fire, Godzilla coughed out several clouds of blue steam. Fluttershy just giggled and picked up the crab, gently setting it outside. Godzilla seemed to get upset at Fluttershy for letting his “prey” go free and began to throw a fit by uttering several loud shrieks of dismay while flopping belly-first on the floor.

It was absolutely adorable.

His cries were cut off when Fluttershy picked him up and began to slowly cradle him in her arms. She sat on the sofa, singing a sweet lullaby to Godzilla in a soft tone. Before long, the lullaby had lulled the cantankerous lizard to sleep.

“You are my world, Godzilla. I love you...” Fluttershy whispered soothingly.