• Published 6th Feb 2018
  • 12,579 Views, 124 Comments

Godzilla - Gojipower12



When a strange egg turns up on Fluttershy’s barn, she is tasked in taking care of the infant that will soon hatch. But she’ll get a surprise when the egg in question hatches into a Titan.... Titanus Gojira, to be more precise.

  • ...
3
 124
 12,579

Chapter 8

Princess Celestia stood on the balcony of her castle, overlooking the citizens of Canterlot going about their daily routines. Every once and a while, a passing pony would wave at the princess, and she’ll respond with a wave of her hoof. Celestia normally wears a smile throughout the day, but today she just couldn’t even smirk. The recent discovery of ancient mega-lizards has left the sun princess unsettled at best.

What if there are other creatures like Godzilla’s kind living in the outskirts of Equestria?

She really didn’t want to think about giant monsters invading her kingdom and attacking her subjects. Celestia barely acknowledged the creak of opening doors as she continued staring at the horizon.

“Sister, what is troubling thou?” A deep yet soothing feminine voice asked. Celestia whipped her head around to her sister and the moon princess of Equestria, Princess Luna.

“Nothing is troubling me, Lulu. I’m just.... tired.” Celestia replied. Luna gave her older sister a look before turning her gaze to the sky.

“Tia, thou don’t look tired. I can tell thou is unsettled. What’s disturbing thine peace?” Luna asked. Celestia just sighed, turning to the royal bedroom.

“Lulu-“

“Sister, It’s okay. Tell me.”

Celestia sighed harder, realizing there’s no escaping this predicament. Luna would just pester her until she spilled the truth.

“Twilight and I ventured into the Everfree forest after I sensed a disturbance two nights ago. When we arrived to the deepest part of the forest, we came across the carcasses of two full-grown Titans.” Celestia confessed. Luna made a face that looked like she was confused and surprised at the same time.

“Thou found what?” Luna burst in shock.

“It appears that the Titans, specifically Titanus Gojira, are more than mere legends. In fact, Twilight had rescued their hatchling from the same fate that very night. Right now, it is under the care of our very own Element of Kindness.” Celestia stated.

“Wait, wait, wait... a living infant... residing in a citizen’s house...?! Sister, art thou crazy? From the ancient texts we’ve read, Titans possessed great destructive power. One had already destroyed an entire civilization. Thou can’t just let a hatchling live amongst our subjects!” Luna almost yelped.

“Sister, I’m well aware of the dangers such a creature poses. But I trust the fact the hatchling can learn from Fluttershy and adapt. She’s wonderful with animals, and Titans are no different than bears or rabbits. She’ll tame him in no time. Besides, the deceased Titans we found were clearly killed by another creature, one presumably even more dangerous than them. But I can’t figure out what could have such strength to bring down a Titan as powerful as Titanus Gojira.” Celestia said. Suddenly, a scroll magically teleported right in front of Celestia’s face. Activating her horn’s magic, Celestia levitated the scroll towards her and opened the scroll as she began reading it. Her eyes widened in sudden shock.

“What is it, sister?” Luna asked.

“It’s Twilight. And she has uncovered the creature responsible for the deceased Titans.” Celestia replied. The two sisters read through the scroll, a look of alarm on their faces.

“This is not good at all. There's a ‘MUTO’ roaming freely around the Everfree. And now Twilight is speaking of a possible alpha MUTO hidden somewhere in the Everfree. If this is true, we have to figure out how to prevent these beasts from laying waste to Equestria.” Luna said. Suddenly, the doors to the sisters’ bedroom flew open, giving way to a tall, slightly bulky stallion. His coat was a rusty red in color while his mane and mustache were a light-grey. The stallion’s mane itself was combed back, giving him an almost regal appearance. He was attired in a standard sergeant’s uniform; however, he sported a large golden badge on his shoulder that indicated a higher rank. His left eye was covered by an eye patch, only leaving the edges of what possibly was a huge scar visible.

“Your highnesses.” The stallion said, giving a respectful bow. “I am Sergeant Onix Star. I have recently arrived from the Fillypines. You requested my aid in a particularily grave matter a couple days ago.”

“Yes, we have. I’m glad you answered our call, sergeant.”

“I overheard something about giant creatures in your conversation. I believe I do have a solution to your problem.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other before turning to Onix Star.

“What does thou have in mind?” Luna asked. Onix’s horn wrapped itself in a crimson aura as it projected a magical screen bordered by red energy. The screen showed several engineers and scientists working on what looked like a missile of some sort. Celestia wore an uneasy expression on her face as she watched the projected screen.

“Just last night, a giant monster attacked the Fillypines. It took out a good portion of the land before it turned tail and ran off. We tried to pursue it, but the beast just disappeared on us. I came up with the idea to create a weapon powerful enough to send the beast into oblivion in the event it shows it’s ugly bug face again.” Onix explained.

“Wait, was this a multi-limbed creature?” Celestia asked.

“Yes, ma’am.” Onix replied.

“Great Faust... Equestria is in imminent danger. If the MUTO had besieged the Fillypines, it could very well target other cities. Sergeant, I want you to ensure your weapon continues developing. We shall keep watch in case the MUTO resurfaces.” Celestia ordered.

“Yes, ma’am! I’m on it.” Onix said as he saluted the diarchy and started to walk off before Celestia had stopped him in his tracks.

"Onix, you are to target the MUTOs and only the MUTOs. They are the biggest threat we are facing. Now, if you happen to see a reptilian Titan roaming about near Ponyville, do not engage it. One of my closest associates is working hard on training that Titan. He is no threat to anyone." Celestia said.

"Your majesty, with all due respect, Titans are incredibly dangerous creatures. I don't think it's wise to let one have free reign around a populated area." Onix said.

"Trust me, sergeant. My associate is an expert in animal behavior. She'll make sure the Titan doesn't cause any trouble." Celestia replied.

"Well, if you insist. I'll be off then." Onix said, walking off.

“I dost not trust that stallion. Something’s off about him.” Luna said once she was sure Onix was out of range.

“I have a strange feeling about him too, but right now we have little choice. It is best if we keep an eye on Onix Star for the time being.” Celestia said, walking out of the room.