• Published 6th Feb 2018
  • 12,609 Views, 124 Comments

Godzilla - Gojipower12



When a strange egg turns up on Fluttershy’s barn, she is tasked in taking care of the infant that will soon hatch. But she’ll get a surprise when the egg in question hatches into a Titan.... Titanus Gojira, to be more precise.

  • ...
3
 124
 12,609

Chapter 5

After the whole ordeal, Fluttershy decided it was best to serve up some tea for her guests. Meanwhile, Godzilla was busy figuring out how to climb on the same chair he tried to eat. He tried jumping on it, but he slipped off the seat seconds after. He turned around, noticing that Celestia and Twilight had been intently looking at him. Celestia approached the infant, a soft chuckle escaping her lips as Godzilla began nibbling on her left arm.

“This infant is too precious.” Celestia cooed as she gently stroked Godzilla’s back. His dorsal plates were tiny, undeveloped, rugged bumps that made it feel like stroking his back was equivalent to stroking a bumpy rock.

“Fluttershy, we found Godzilla’s parents.” Twilight said, taking another sip of her tea. Fluttershy looked at her friend in surprise.

“Really? That’s wonderful! Then let’s figure out where they’re heading so we can reunite them with Godzilla.” Fluttershy said, hope in her voice. Twilight’s ears flopped over both sides of her head as she and Celestia looked at each other with dismay in their faces.

“That’s the bad news.... We can’t reunite him...” Twilight said. Fluttershy’s smile disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

“What? W-Why...?” Fluttershy asked.

“His parents.... are dead. We came across their corpses during our exploration. Something must have killed them, probably another Titan.” Twilight answered. Fluttershy let out a soft gasp that was followed by a whimper. Fluttershy felt the sting of tears at the edge of her eyes, trying so hard to choke back sobs. But it was futile.

“Why would.... anyone do something horrible? I... know it’s part of nature.... but... I can’t believe... Godzilla won’t know how it’s like.... to live with his parents...!” Fluttershy sobbed. Celestia, who was now holding Godzilla in her forearms, approached Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, nature isn't always pretty or cute. There are times where situations like these happen. However, this little one is fortunate." Celestia said, earning a slightly perplexed look from the teary-eyed pegasus.

"If it weren't for Twilight, the infant would have shared the same fate as his parents. She brought his egg to you believing you’re the right pony to care for the orphan. I, too, believe that. Therefore, it is best that ‘Godzilla’ remains under your care, where he will have the best chance of survival you can give him.” Celestia said, handing Godzilla over to Fluttershy. The yellow pegasus wiped away a tear as she hugged the little reptile in a motherly fashion.

“I’ll do my best to properly raise him, princess.” Fluttershy said.

“I know you will. Now, I must return to Canterlot. I’m going to research more about Godzilla’s species and see what we are dealing with. Until then, I bid you both farewell.” Celestia said, walking out of the cottage.

“I’m going to head home and do my own research. If you need help you can always stop by the castle.” Twilight said, waving a goodbye as she departed. Fluttershy nuzzled Godzilla’s snout as she headed for the kitchen.

“I bet you’re hungry, aren’t you?” Fluttershy asked with a warm smile.

***

A deep growl rumbled from the MUTO's mandibled maw as the multi-limbed creature walked through the dense forest land of the Everfree. The creature held what looked like a dead giant praying mantis in its jaws. The MUTO travelled down a beaten path until it came across a large ravine. For most creatures, the ravine would've been too steep for anything to pass through safely without falling. Luckily for the nearly three hundred foot-tall MUTO, the ravine would pose no serious threat at all. The MUTO descended into the ravine, dragging the lifeless carcass with it.

"Kreeeeeerk...." The Titan grumbled, making its way to the depths of the ravine. Before long, the creature came across a large opening to what looked like a den. The MUTO peered into the opening, its crimson biolumescent insectoid eyes scanning the ground for any abnormalties. Deciding it was safe, the MUTO dropped its kill on the ground and walked off. As the creature left the area, a large shadow loomed over the mantis' carcass before the corpse was dragged away into the depths of the den by an unseen being.