• Published 6th Feb 2018
  • 12,582 Views, 124 Comments

Godzilla - Gojipower12



When a strange egg turns up on Fluttershy’s barn, she is tasked in taking care of the infant that will soon hatch. But she’ll get a surprise when the egg in question hatches into a Titan.... Titanus Gojira, to be more precise.

  • ...
3
 124
 12,582

Chapter 7

Twilight spent the brunt of her morning reading several encyclopedias on Equestria's wildlife. She was determined to find more information about the Titans, especially the members of Titanus Gojira. As she turned the pages, there was a certain article that piqued her interest.

“I never seen this article before....” Twilight said to herself. She began reading from the text.

Thousands of years ago, during the ancient times of Equestria, the atmosphere was ten times more radioactive than the present day. During that time, several species of gigantic creatures roamed the lands and survived on this energy. The most prominent of these creatures being Titanus Gojira. During those times, the members belong to the Titanus Gojira species could only be described as unstoppable forces of nature. They didn’t have to worry about any threats, except one...” Twilight read. “The pony tribes living at the time described these parasitic beasts as giant multi-limbed monsters. These creatures purposely hunt down and kill other Titans and then lay multitudes of eggs inside their corpses. There are no official names for this creature, however, and thus our animal biologists and researchers have dubbed the beasts ‘MUTO’, or ‘Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism’.

Twilight sat back in her chair, trying to process what she just read. She remembered the corpses of the two adult Titans she and Celestia stumbled upon in the Everfree forest.

So that’s what killed Godzilla’s parents.

Twilight closed up the large book and put it back on her shelf as she stood up from her chair. While it was exciting there was more information about Titans in general, it didn't bode well for Twilight knowing that there was something out there that could kill something as powerful as Titanus Gojira. Twilight stretched out a bit from sitting in a chair for a hour, grabbing a quill and a blank scroll.

"Princess Celestia needs to know about this new information. Maybe she'll know how to proceed from there." Twilight said, writing down on the scroll. It was then that Fluttershy began rapidly knocking on the front doors. Spike immediately rushed to the doors, opening them as Fluttershy walked in with Godzilla on her back.

"Hey, Fluttershy! What's the hurry?" Spike asked.

"Twilight, I found something that you should see!" Fluttershy exclaimed, grabbing her drawing and showing it to Twilight. Twilight took hold of the drawing, studying it closely.

"Is this a MUTO?" Twilight asked.

"Wait, what's a MUTO?" Fluttershy replied.

"Oh, that's right. I haven't told you yet! Okay, I found out what killed Godzilla's parents. There's this giant multi-limbed Titan the ancient tribes called a MUTO." Twilight explained.

"Then.... That's the giant monster that chased us back in the Everfree!"

"YOU WERE CHASED BY A MUTO?!"

"Yes... That's how I fell in this weird hole in the ground and found the cave painting."

Twilight looked at the drawing again, scratching her chin in thought as she processed Fluttershy's statement.

"Did the MUTO look like the one in the painting?" Twilight asked.

"No. It wasn't as spikey and it didn't have those growths on its arms." Fluttershy replied. Twilight stared at the drawing for a moment before the sudden realization dawned on the Alicorn.

"Oh my Faust..." Twilight gasped.

"Twilight, what is it? What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"We need to get the word to Princess Celestia now." Twilight firmly stated.