• Published 29th Nov 2017
  • 3,360 Views, 261 Comments

A Mirrored Reunion - currentlemon



The Apple siblings are put in an awkward situation when their supposedly dead mother shows up in Ponyville.

  • ...
11
 261
 3,360

Chapter 5

Pear Butter and Apple Bloom sat together in the empty school hallway. It was silent; no student wandered around as it was still rather early in the morning. Using her phone, Pear looked at the clock. It had been several minutes since Principal Celestia asked them to leave her office. She looked at the Principal’s door; no sound came from inside.

I wonder what’s going on in there? Perhaps they’re talking about prolonging Diamond’s punishment? If they are, I have no doubt that Spoiled is not going to be happy.

Pear scowled. The nerve of that girl, teasing my little Apple Bloom and her friends. All because of her chest size too! She looked at Apple Bloom, who was still avoiding eye contact. Why didn’t you tell me about this? Why didn’t your family about this?

Pear took a deep breath and sighed. I guess I understand why Applejack was so mad at you yesterday. When this is over, you and I are going to have a long talk.

The door to Principal Celestia’s office swung open. Pear and Apple Bloom watched as Diamond stepped outside the room, ignoring their looks. Spoiled and Principal Celestia soon followed, still speaking to one another.

“Thank you for coming today, Spoiled,” said Celestia. “I’ll get in touch with the school board as well once I’m finished here. Although I doubt your seat on the school board will be affected, it’s my duty to let them know.”

“I understand, Principal Celestia.” Spoiled turned to her daughter, giving the young girl a fierce glare. “Come with me, Diamond. You and I are going to have a little chat before school starts.”

“Yes, mother,” whimpered Diamond. Pear watched as Spoiled took daughter’s arm and dragged her away. Before she left, Spoiled Rich turned around and looked at Pear Butter one last time. She sported a glaring scowl. .

This time, Pear did not hold back. As soon as she took one good look at Spoiled, she gave her old rival a wide smirk.

Spoiled harrumphed and slammed the office door shut.

“Well, that was unsettling,” said Celestia. She turned to Pear Butter and Apple Bloom. “So, care to join me in my office again, Mrs. Apple?”

“Yes, of course.” Pear stood up from her seat. “Come on, Apple Bloom. We mustn’t keep the Principal waiting.”

“Yes, ma,” replied Apple Bloom. The two of them followed Principal Celestia into her office again, taking their seats from before and moved them closer to the principal’s desk. Principal Celestia walked to her nearby file cabinet and took some files out.

After placed the files on her desk, Celestia sat down and faced the Apple family. “Alright, let’s begin. First, thank you for patiently waiting outside my office. Mrs. Rich and I had a long discussion about Diamond’s punishment.”

“Oh, I don’t mind waiting at all, Principal Celestia,” said Pear Butter, smiling. “I’m sure you gave a reasonable punishment for that spoiled child.”

Celestia sighed. “Now, Mrs. Apple, I am aware that you and Mrs. Rich had a long rivalry together that goes way back to your time spent here. Although Diamond was guilty of starting this mess, your daughter will still be punished. It’s not my job to play favorites.”

“Don’t worry, I understand,” replied Pear Butter. “I’m sure you have something reasonable for my daughter too.”

“Yes, I do. As I mentioned before, the fight between Diamond and your daughter caused some damage in one of our science classrooms.” Celestia opened Apple Bloom’s file and gave Pear some papers. “The payment due is written here. Although Mrs. Rich will be paying for most of the damages, you must pay your part as well.”

Pear read through the papers, carefully examining the costs. This seems rather fair. The total cost isn’t that big and I’m only paying minimal damage. I may end up using some of funds we earned from the shipment today, but we should be okay.

“Also, I wish to speak about your daughter’s punishment,” said Celestia, causing Apple Bloom to slump in her seat. “Again, despite her being the victim here, I can’t let her go without some sort of punishment.”

Celestia took out another piece of paper and began to read it out loud. “Starting next week, your daughter will be facing up to two weeks of detention plus Saturday school during that time.”

Apple Bloom groaned.

“Oh, don’t whine, sweetheart. You knew this was coming,” said Pear Butter. “Think of it this way, at least that Diamond girl and her friends will be getting a much bigger punishment than you.”

“Please don’t get ahead of yourself, Mrs. Apple,” replied Celestia. “We still have to discuss the actions of your other daughter.”

Pear flinched as Principal Celestia pushed Apple Bloom’s file aside and opened the other. She got a good glimpse of the cover. The file belonged to Applejack and it had a lot of paperwork inside.

“For the past month, Applejack has been causing some damage to school property,” explained Celestia, taking the papers out of the file. “I doubt she is doing this on purpose, but there’s still payment that needs to be done. I have a copy list of all the damaged property here as well as the payment due.”

Pear took the papers and began to read them slowly. Her jaw dropped. It seems Principal Celestia and Apple Bloom were not exaggerating. The files contained a list more than a dozen incidents caused by Applejack. All of them starting as early as last month.

What on earth? She glanced at the bottom of the list, and saw the total payment due. The mere sight of the it almost caused her to fall off her seat. T-this is ridiculous. This is will cost even more money than Apple Bloom.

She leaned forward on her chair. If I pay for all of this and Apple Bloom’s payments now, then I would use up over a quarter of what we’re supposed to earn today!

Pear groaned. How did Applejack do all this?

“Are you alright, Mrs. Apple?” asked Celestia.

“Yes, I am. Sorry about that,” replied Pear Butter as she recovered. “If I may, can I ask you a question, Principal Celestia?”

“Of course. What is it?”

“How did my daughter do all this? Some of these incidents listed here seem odd. There’s one where she somehow tore the hinges off her locker door and did the same with a few other school doors. There’s also an incident where she broke her school desk just by leaning on it!”

Celestia sighed. “To be honest, I don’t know. A lot has happened these past several months here at Canterlot High and Applejack has been caught in the middle of it all along with her friends.”

“How so?” Pear asked.

“I’m sorry, it’s a bit difficult to explain,” replied Celestia, stacking the papers inside the file again. “With so much going on, even I can’t keep up with all these events. If you want to learn more about this, then you should speak to your daughter first.”

“Huh?” Pear stared at Principal Celestia with her eyebrow raised. That was, unsatisfying. Is she avoiding the question?

Celestia stood up and walked back to the file cabinets, placing the files back inside. “I believe this meeting is adjourned. Thank you so much for coming today, Mrs. Apple. You and your daughter are free to leave.”

What? But I have so many questions! Unsatisfied with her lack of answers, Pear stood up and glared at the Principal. She was about to speak up, but Celestia interrupted her.

“I’m afraid I can’t answer your questions right now, Mrs. Apple,” assured Celestia as she returned to her seat. “If you really want to know, then speak to Applejack. She’ll provide the answers you’re looking for.”

Pear opened her mouth to object, but stopped as she saw Celestia’s face. She was calm, refusing to show any emotion at all, eyes not once drifting away.

Pear sighed. “Alright, I understand. I’ll speak to Applejack later.” It’s not like I’m going to get any answers here. She stood up and walked toward the exit. “Let’s go sweetheart.”

Apple Bloom stood up and followed her mother out the door. As she stepped outside the office, Pear looked at Principal Celestia one last time, giving the woman one last glare. She grunted and slammed the door shut.

Principal Celestia sighed. “That was close.” She took a deep breath, relaxing herself as she slumped on her seat. Looks like the school’s secret is safe for now. It’s a shame that the only thing I could do was redirect the question to someone else. I’m sorry, Applejack, but you have a lot of explaining to do. I just hope that you can come up with a good excuse.

She stood up from her chair and walked over to her office’s window. I swear, this whole magic thing is getting out of hand. How long will this secret last? Gossip surrounding the school is getting worse every day. It won’t be long until parents, the media, and maybe even the entire city will get involved.

Celestia gazed outside. If one parent is getting suspicious, a chain reaction is bound to happen. I need to inform Sunset Shimmer. Something must be done to preserve our school. Let’s just hope it’s not too late.

Author's Note:

Alright, New Chapter before New Years! If you guys are wondering when Pear Butter is going to Equestria, don't worry about it. She'll be there soon. Anyway, another new chapter is going to be posted this week. Please look forward to it! Thank you for reading.