• Published 29th Nov 2017
  • 3,360 Views, 261 Comments

A Mirrored Reunion - currentlemon



The Apple siblings are put in an awkward situation when their supposedly dead mother shows up in Ponyville.

  • ...
11
 261
 3,360

Chapter 3

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. I was supposed to post this last week, but I got sick and had to focus on recovery. But don't worry, I feel better now and chapter 4 should follow soon. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Pear Butter screamed as lights flashed around her. Her heart pounded a jackhammer’s beat in her chest, as a swirl of terrifying thoughts consumed her every being.

Where was she going? Was she going to be alright? Was she going to die? Will anyone notice she’s missing? Who will take care of her family?

Her thoughts were interrupted when the light engulfed her entire body. The light became brighter, causing Pear to cover her eyes. It was as if she was arriving at the end of her destination. In a flash, she found herself tumbling and sliding on a hard surface.

She finally stopped when she crashed on top of a pile of books. She yelped in pain, as their spines dug painfully into her back.

“Ow, that hurts!” cried Pear Butter as she landed flat on her belly. She shook her head. “What happened? Where am I?”

Pear Butter tilted her head up and looked around the area for clues. Immediately, she spotted several things. The room was filled with more books, shelves circling around her in a never-ending loop. There were even more piled to the ground. Some were neatly placed while others were scattered about due to her dynamic entry.

What is going on here? Am I in a library of some sort? She shook her head again. Just where exactly am I? I remember examining the monument at Canterlot High, and then my entire arm fell through it.

Using a bit of strength, Pear Butter tried to stand up. What is this place—whoa!

Pear’s legs stumbled as she tried to balance herself. She fell hard onto the ground once more, landing head first.

“Ow!” She sat upright and rubbed her face to sooth the pain. That was…. odd? Why can’t I balance myself right? Am I still dazed after what happened to....” Pear noticed something odd as she rubbed her face. Her hand felt…. strange, rather rough.

That’s weird. Why are my hands so dry? Didn’t I use my conditioner this morning? She removed her hands from her face and took a good look at them. I could’ve sworn that I—huh?

Pear Butter sat still, blanking out as she saw her hands. What in the world? Where her hands were supposed to be were hooves. W-what? What is going on? Why do I have hooves?!

Panicking, Pear began to examine her body. From her head to her hips, she checked every part of her body. She had hoped to at least feel her clothing. But instead of cotton, she felt hair, lots of it.

“Huh? Where are my clothes?!” cried Pear Butter. She stood upright in shock, only to fall flat on the floor once again. “Ow, not again! Why can’t I stand up straight—”

Pear looked at the clear floor below here. It was completely spotless; no speck of dirt covered it at all. Not only that, but the entire floor was made of crystal! Although Pear would’ve marveled at the sight, something caught her eye. The crystal reflected an image of a horse. Though a bit distorted, she could see it had a pale-yellow coat with a bright orange mane. Its eyes were turquoise and were considerably large.

“Is that…. me?” asked Pear Butter out loud. She moved her hooves around and touched her body again, getting a feel of every angle. The image mirrored her.

“I-I’m a horse?!” Pear shouted. She leaned forward, touching the crystal ground with her right hoof. The image touched hers in turn.

“AAAAAHHHHHHH!” Pear screamed at the top of her lungs, hooves against both sides of her cheeks. All she could do was scream. She did not know how long, but she didn’t care.

“What’s happened to me?! Why am I a horse?!” She leaned backward, falling onto her backside again. The screaming was endless, until Pear Butter coughed and took a deep breath.

Calm down, Pear Butter. You need to stop panicking and observe the situation. She took a couple of minutes to compose herself, taking deep breaths. After sitting upright, Pear slapped herself on the face with her hooves.

“Ow that hurt!” yelped Pear Butter as she hit herself. She rubbed her face to soothe her cheek. Take note, hooves hit harder than hands.

She took a deep breath and composed herself. Okay, somehow the school’s monument took me to a weird crystal room where I was turned into a horse. She caught a glimpse of her reflection again. Or perhaps a filly? I’m too small to be considered an adult horse.

Pear shook her head. No! Focus, girl! I need to get out of here! There’s still a meeting I need to attend! She looked around the room, trying to figure a way out. She spotted several strange machines gathered in one area with wires connected to each of them. The wires were looped around each other, yet all of them connected to one specific location: a crystal mirror.

Pear spotted the mirror and looked down, catching a glimpse of her belongings on the floor. Good to know my phone and purse came with me. I just need to get—Pear tried to stand up on her legs, but stumbled onto the floor yet again. Shoot, I forgot that I’m a horse now. I guess this means I should walk like a horse.

Pear Butter sighed. Well, here goes nothing. She carefully got off the ground, legs wobbling as she tried to balance herself. She stood still for a few seconds, then moved her two right legs forward.

That’s it, Pear Butter! Just one step at a time. Pear slowly trotted toward the mirror and soon reached her bag and phone. She wrapped her bag around her right hoof and carefully placed it around her head. She then tried to pick up her phone as well, but could not grasp the object at all.

Okay, hooves are out of the picture. Maybe I should grab the phone with my mouth? She sat down and bit softly on the phone, trying her best not to crack the screen with her teeth. She craned her head around. Opening her bag, she dropped the phone inside.

Okay, that takes care of that. Pear then looked up and saw crystal mirror in front of her, admiring the elegant design. She spotted her reflection on the mirror, which showed her bright orange pony body. The mirror was a lot clearer compared to the crystal floor, showing no signs of dirt or debris.

“Gosh, I really am a pony,” Pear Butter said out loud. “A pretty one, to be exact. Didn’t think ponies could be this cute.” She shook her head again. No, Pear Butter. Focus on getting out of here!

She examined the machines nearby, then the mirror. This looks suspicious. I wonder what happens if I do this? She reached out toward the mirror with her right hoof, hoping that her suspicions were correct. As she did, her right hoof fell through the mirror and caused the glass to ripple.

I knew it! This mirror is key to getting me back home! Pear Butter retracted her hoof. I guess I have no choice but to jump inside.

She sighed. Alright, here goes nothing. Pear Butter leaned backward, bracing herself for whatever would come next. She soon leapt forward and entered the crystal mirror.


The door to the library burst open as Princess Twilight entered the room. Her eyes examined the area as she lit her horn. To her dismay, she found several of her prized books scattered about on the floor.

“Gah! What happened here?!” cried Twilight. She ran toward them, using her magic to examine each book. “Oh no, this isn’t good. Some of the hard covers on these books are damaged! Oh, it could take days to properly repair them!”

Twilight sighed as she neatly stacked the books on the floor. “Who did this? Why would they ruin such perfectly good books?!” She stood up and surveyed the area again. “Spike, Starlight? Are you two in here?”

Concentrating her horn, Twilight casted a spell that scanned the entire room. The entire area was showered in purple light, as Twilight scanned every corner of the room. As the spell waded off, Twilight noticed something strange.

“That’s odd, there’s some strange magical trace coming from the crystal mirror.” She trotted up to it, examining the mirror again with her magic. “It looks like somepony used this recently. But that can’t be right. Starlight and I haven’t used the mirror for quite some time now.”

She gasped. “Is it possible that one of the students at Canterlot High accidentally used the portal? If that’s true, then I’m in big trouble!”

Twilight lit her horn, taking a large book that was placed next to the mirror. “I need to tell Sunset about this right away. We need figure out who used the portal.” Taking a nearby pen, she sat down and began writing.