• Published 2nd Dec 2018
  • 1,881 Views, 229 Comments

Love's Lost Decade - Priceless911



Zeil, a changeling in love sets out on an incredible 10 year journey. Crossing blistering deserts, Frozen Mountain, treacherous forests, and unbelievable dangers. But is his journey merely an accident or was he fated to find what lies within him.

  • ...
3
 229
 1,881

PreviousChapters Next
Bk11/Ch2 A Fate Fulfilled and a Broken Vow

Book 11/Chapter 2
A Fate Fulfilled and a Broken Vow
(Year 6, Month 01, Day 5)

Zeil flipped through the pages of the old tome as he looked at the strange symbols and shook his head, “Nope… nothing. On the first spell page I can make out a few words… but not a single complete sentence.”
Chief Basarum sat in his throne looking at Zeil in the center of the room as he spoke, “I wouldn’t think so… the book can read you far better then you can read it. The spell protecting it will only reveal its contents should one experienced enough holds it. That is why you have been practicing your ability for the past few months. The better you get, the more worthy you appear to the book. Though… you’re doing this for another reason then just that.”
Zeil gave Basarum a curious look, “Another reason?”
Chief Basarum nodded, “Yes… the Mage of Zebrica is always supported by the chiefs of the four zebra tribes. Each tribe usually prepares a trial for the mage, of which represents what the tribes are known for. Strategy, strength, magic, and ingenuity. Once the chief accepts you… you can proceed with the next. Though… this is separate from the book’s requirement, it is possible to be accepted by the book first, but usually the enchanter of light sets the goal on the chief’s acceptance first. It makes it a little easier on your motivation, even if the outer tribes don’t count. To have all zebra tribes support behind you, makes you confident when you finally face the final tri-“
“Chief Basarum!!!”

At that moment, a gazelle rushed into the room and stopped next to Zeil as he tried to catch his breath from his frantic run. Before the winded gazelle could speak, a warrior entered, “Forgive me chief, he rushed passed me before I could stop him.”
Before Chief Basarum could reply, the gazelle started speaking through his breaths, “Chief Basarum… I have… urgent news from the outer tribes. Chief Tanak is being held in his main city.”
Chief Basarum stood in shock, “What!?!”
The gazelle nodded, “Northern tribe warriors surrounded the gazelle city of Tangka to the north. They locked down the city making it impossible to travel in or out. I was able to slip by their forces but… I was lucky.”
Basarum spoke in worry, “Have they hurt anyone?”
The gazelle shook his head, “No… they are only blocking all traffic. But Chief Tanak has already threatened to react with hostility unless they broke their ranks. As we speak, he is probably assembling the gazelle warriors to fight back.”
Zeil thought to himself for a second, “If the outer tribes are blocked by the Southern tribes… it’s possible the others are the same. Meaning…”
At that moment, Kante and Lady Zera entered the room as Kante called in haste, “Chief Basarum!!! An army of Southern Warriors has been seen heading this way!”

Chief Basarum have them a concerned look as he replied, “What? How many?”
Zera replied, “A thousand at least… they are assembling in the outer farmlands with, Chief Muji at its front. I’ve taken the liberty of calling in all residents to the village and assembling the warriors to meet them. However I feel our odds will be greater, if there chief and the mage is there to meet with Chief Muji at the front.”
Chief Basarum gave her a stern look, “Hearing you talk in such a way leads me to believe we are at war.”
Kante replied, “Is that not what this is chief?”
Chief Basarum shook his head, “We are moving to defend ourselves… until they launch the attack, I refuse to call this a war and I will not be the one to make the first strike.”
Lady Zera gave him a serious look, “Husband… I know you want nothing more than to fallow Chief Rafi’s teachings… but if the worst come to it… we must do what is required by fate.”
Chief Basarum looked to her as he replied, “And what does it require? Did you see anything of this?”
She shook her head, “No visions of this nor its results have been seen, but I do recall visions of afterwards… for the most part.”
Chief Basarum trotted passed her as he replied, “Then let’s ensure this fight doesn’t happen.”

Less than an hour later, Chief Basarum, and Zeil stood at the front of a large line of armed warriors as Lady Zera and Kante stood behind them. Of the four Kante and Chief Basarum were armed while Zeil and Lady Zera stood unarmed wearing cloaks. With an overcast above keeping the empty field ahead shaded in shadow, the army of Northern zebra stood ready as they watched an army of Southern Warriors approach in a long similar line with only Chief Muji standing at the front. As the Approaching warriors entered the area, they marched closer to the Northern Tribe until finally Chief Muji held up his staff as he called, “SHIKA!!!”
With that order, the approaching army stopped a couple hundred feet from the Northern Tribe as Chief Muji turned to his forces and called a second time, “Tayari!”
As that was called, the army of zebra which stood in two ranks readied themselves as the first rank pointed their spears and readied themselves for a charge. Seeing that Chief Muji was about to attack without provocation, Chief Basarum stepped forward as he called, “SHIKA!!!” Quickly relaying his order, Chief Basarum turned to his army and continued, “Shimama chini!!! Stand Down!”
He looked back to the opposing army as he called, “Do not charge! Brothers let us Speak!”
As that was called, the opposing army hesitated for a few seconds as Chief Basarum, Zeil, Kante, and Lady Zera started trotting towards the center of the vast empty field as Chief Muji smiled before calling to his troops, “You heard him, shimama chini! Let’s let the coward try to talk his way out of this.”

Confused, the hesitating army looked at one another before raising their weapons and standing down as Chief Muji along with a few bodyguards, casually trotted onto the center of the field to meet with the opposing army’s leader. As the two groups met on the battlefield, Chief Muji gave a smug smile as he spoke, “I should have known you would try to talk this out. You’ve always been a coward trying to use words over actions.”
Chief Basarum asked, “Muji, why are you doing this? You come out of nowhere bringing an amassed army and even readied a charge before stating your reason. Why?”
Chief Muji pointed to Zeil as he spoke, “I warned you, I mentioned that if you continue to disrespect my brother by training this false mage, that I would bring my army down on you without mercy. Then, he comes to my tribe and disrespects me to my face. I will not stand for this. I will not allow him to continue this training. And I certainly won't accept him as the Mage of Zebrica.”

Wanting to speak, Kante stepped forward but Lady Zera stopped her as Chief Basarum replied, “Please Muji… stop this. There is no need for bloodshed, there never has been.”
Chief Muji shook his head, “Your right… there isn’t a need for zebra blood to be spilled on this day… however.” He pointed his spear at Zeil, “He isn’t a zebra. He is a mockery and an abomination that needs to be removed. So… if you want our peace to continue, this is my one and only offer.”
Chief Muji took a step back, stopped pointing his spear, and spoke with authority, “Either you renounce this imposter of his position, and have him put to death at once… or I will launch my attack and destroy every zebra of the Northern Tribe… and I mean every zebra, whether they be stallion.” He looked at lady Zera, “Mare…” then to Kante, “Or foal.” He looked back to Basarum, “I will bring death to any who choose to stand beside the false mage.”
Chief Basarum shook his head, “You know I can't do that. Zeil is the future mage. And as the enchanter of light, I must uphold my duty in teaching him. Even at the risk of my own life.”

Chief Muji smiled a wicked smile as he replied, “A fool to the end I see… very well. Then prepare to die a fool’s death.”
With nothing more to say, Chief Muji turned to trot away as Zeil stepped forward, “Wait.”
Chief Muji stopped but didn’t turn to him as he replied, “I have nothing to say to you false mage.”
Zeil continued, “So you think that this is what it takes to hide your insecurity? Or are you too petty to admit the real problem here? We all know you were out to attack the Northern Tribe long before I arrived. Don’t use me as an excuse.”
Chief Muji replied without turning around, “I don’t know what you’re talking about?”
“Then prove it… if this is all about me, then why don’t we settle it, here and now?”
Chief Muji turned to Zeil as he replied, “What are you talking about?”
Zeil replied as he stood with authority, “I'm right here, if you want to face me, then face me. Leave the rest of the tribe out of it.”
Chief Muji chuckled, “Face you… are you challenging me to a duel?”
Zeil nodded, “Yes.”
Kante stepped closer to Zeil as she whispered, “Brother no… your vow.”
Zeil ignored her as he continued, “A duel… you against me. If I win, you take your army and leave vowing never to harass the Northern Tribe again.”
Chief Muji nodded, “If you win, I die. And the same goes for you. No exceptions, and no negotiation. It’s kill… or be killed.”

Zeil hesitated for a second as he stared into the eyes of the immovable opponent before replying with a sharp and clear, “Done.”
Chief Muji smile, “Well, you really are fearless aren’t you… good, then this should prove interesting.” He looked to his bodyguard, “You will not get involved, even if… titans forbid, I seem to be at a disadvantage… understood?”
The warrior nodded before Chief Muji looked to his army raised his weapon high and called, “Kifo Kwa Mmoja!”
After that was called, the southern army raised their spears in the air and tapped them on the ground as they called in return “AH ROOT!!!”
Confused, Zeil stood in silence as Chief Basarum handed him his spear as he spoke, “Kifo Kwa Mmoja, it means death to one. It’s a chant of acceptance to a duel. Basically he is informing his army that if he is killed by you within the next few minutes that it was an agreed duel to the death and that no action should be taken against you. By the way… I don’t approve of this.”
Zeil asked, “Then why didn’t you object?”
Chief Basarum sighed, “Somehow… I knew it would come to this. As your teacher, I knew a lesson like this would arise eventually, I just didn’t think it would be… well… like this. Regardless, you know what you have to do right? You have to kill him.”

Zeil shook his head as he replied, “I will try to end this without bloodshed, most when actually faced with death can become reasonable.”
Chief Basarum shook his head, “You can try… but you will fail. A duel to the death is just that, though if one surrenders then the other can spare them… but very few every try. It’s a great cowardice to attempt something so shameful.”
Zeil nodded, “Then I should try as hard as I can.” he looked back to the northern warriors and raised his spear called, “Kifo Kwa Mmoja!”
The northern warriors responded the same as the southern by raising their spears in the air then tapping them on the ground as they called “AH ROOT!”
Chief Basarum sighed in defeat as he replied, “Fine… if I can't talk you out of it… then I can only wish you luck. Though I will admit, the fact that you adapt to our customs is unnerving at times.”
Zeil nodded, “I'll take that as a compliment.”

After that was said, Chief Basarum, Kante, Lady Zera, and the guards that were beside Chief Muji stepped back from the area and gave the two some space as they both looked to eachother and readied their spears for the fight. With their weapons at the ready, Zeil took a quick glance at the overcast sky above, but as he looked back, Chief Muji had already begin his charge as Zeil only had enough time to parry the thrusted spear away. Seeing his attack failed, Chief Muji spoke, “Keep your head in the fight false mage.”
With those words, Chief Muji Continued his barrage of thrust, slashes and jabs with his spear while Zeil moved easily to block, parry, and dodge each attack with ease. Over and over Chief Muji tried to make his way around Zeil’s defense but the skilled changeling proved too quick for any attack to make it through. Finally as Chief Muji started wearing himself out, Zeil found himself an opening in Chief Muji’s attacks as he parried a swing away, then countered with one single trust as the blade flew by the chief’s face clipping part of his mane as the surprise attack caused Chief Muji to jump back to ready himself for Zeil’s next attack.

Now concerned, Chief Muji held his ground as Zeil could see his concern and spoke, “What? You didn’t think that I didn’t have any experience in a fight did you? I was a warrior for my queen back in the day, that and a few years of fighting my way across the world helped me learn a thing or two. Think of it as, me learning the best of both the Northern and Southern Tribe… although if you are the best the southern have to offer… I feel a little sorry for you.”
With Zeil’s taunts working, Chief Muji charged again in anger as he attacked with slightly faster attacks, but with less accuracy then before. Seeing that his anger was getting the better of him, Zeil parried one of the trusts away as he turned his spear around and trusted the staff towards Chief Muji with enough force to knock the air from his lungs. With Chief Muji stunned and backing away, Zeil made a small vine grow from the ground behind him as Chief Muji tripped over the vine and fell to the ground. On the ground, Chief Muji had no time to react as Zeil placed his spear’s blade against the chief’s throat as he held the pinned chief down. Seeing his hesitation, Chief Muji spoke, “What’s the matter Changeling? You got me where you want me… now finish it.”
Zeil shook his head as he replied, “Stand down and I'll spare your life.”
Chief Muji was surprised, “What?”
Zeil replied, “There isn’t a need to kill you. Your tribe still needs its chief, and if I kill you now it will only incite anger in your tribe. If anything sparing you will be better for the both of us.”
Chief Muji replied, “Better? You think that this is better for me?”
Zeil replied, “Better to live and repent then to die with regret.”
Insulted, Chief Muji spoke, “That would assume I actually regret something… but if I give up now, then the disgrace will be my regret!”

Annoyed, Chief Muji raised his hoof and hit Zeil’s spear away from his throat as he brought his own spear up and swung it towards Zeil. When the chief attacked, Zeil found himself too close to do anything as he jumped back just barely out of range as the blade of Muji’s spear clipped a few hairs from his mane. With Zeil’s attempt at mercy insulting him deeply, Chief Muji continued his attacks while Zeil tried all he could to back away, but with Chief Muji too close to counter or block, all Zeil could do was dodge, duck, and back away from each attack as the chief got closer and closer with each strike. Seeing that her teacher could be in trouble Kante looked to Chief Basarum, “Chief, Brother Zeil needs help, with his vow he might-”
Chief Basarum shook his head, “Do not interfere, I was afraid this would happen, but we cannot step into a fight that isn’t our own. This is in his hooves now.” He looked to his wife as he saw her with her eyes closed in deep focus, “Zera?”
The mare shook her head, “It’s no use… the future of this fight is… hazy. Either it interferes with an earlier vision, or, the fact that he is the mage is still stopping me from seeing the end of this fight. I will continued trying… but for now, the conclusion of this fight is unknown to me.”

Back on the field, Zeil tried to take any opportunity he could to block or counter any of Chief Muji’s attacks, but Chief Muji left no time for him to do anything. Zeil even tried to use his mage ability to help him as well, but with no time to focus, even the overcast above wasn’t enough to help him grow the vines. Luckily Zeil noticed Muji’s attacks slowing as he took advantage of a hesitant thrust of his spear as he dodged the thrust, grabbed the spear right behind the blade and punched the shaft with enough force to shatter the wood, causing the spears blade to fall to the ground. When the blade fell to the ground, Zeil quickly swung his spear low enough to swipe Chief Muji’s hooves as the chief fell to the ground. Before Chief Muji could react, Zeil quickly pinned him down as he placed his spear against the chief’s throat a second time, “Enough… Face it… you won't win, just give it up already. For yo-”

All of a sudden Zeil’s senses were hit all at once as his body numbed, before quickly returning to normal with a sharp and agonizing pain in his side. With the shock causing him to release both the chief and his weapon, Zeil stumbled back a few paces as he looked to his side to see that the Chief Muji had picked up his broken spear’s blade and jammed it into Zeil’s side as the injured changeling looked back just as Chief Muji kicked upwards hitting him in his face as the impact tossed Zeil a few feet away. As Zeil hit the ground, his body locked up in pain as he could only muster enough strength to roll onto his side, grab onto the spear blade that was imbedded in his side, and pull it out before screaming in pain. Smiling at his accomplishment, Chief Muji picked himself up as he picked up Zeil’s spear and started towards his defeated foe, “Look at you now mage… Ignorant to try and spare my life a second time… didn’t that teacher of yours teach you anything? Mercy is for the weak, if I had known you were like this, then I would have challenged you the day we met and spared us the time.”

As the southern chief trotted towards his defeated foe, the oracle opened her eyes in shocked realization as she spoke, “No… Kante’s fate… and Lucifer… those vision!”
With Chief Basarum being the only one to hear her words, he looked to his wife, “What? The visions you had? Are they happening soon? When?”
She looked to her husband in shock, “Both… now…”
As that was said, Chief Basarum’s eyes widened as he quickly looked to Kante as the young filly finally had enough before charging into the fight with barley enough time for the chief to call, “KANTE NO!!!”
Ignoring his command, the young filly charged towards Chief Muji with her spear at the ready, as the dueling chief rolled Zeil onto his back and raised Zeil’s spear over his body, “Any last words, false mage? Or will you accept your failer with silence?”
Before Zeil could speak, he sensed Kante’s rage quickly approaching as he looked to the side just as the filly jumped into the air and thrusted her spear down in an attempt to strike Chief Muji with a single blow. Although he wasn’t expecting the attack at all, Chief Muji still noticed her attack with barely enough time to jump back as Kante missed her target, but managed to counter the dodge and attack with a barrage of strikes and thrusts that managed to back the chief away from her wounded teacher. With each strike getting closer and closer to hitting her target, Kante continued to attack quickly and precisely making it impossible for Chief Muji to counter.

As he backed away, Chief Muji tried to find and opening to attack through, however as he tried to seek out the filly’s weak spots, he accidently backed onto a loose stone on the ground as he stepped onto the stone only to have it slide out from under his hoof as the small distraction allowed Kante to graze his cheek with the edge of her spear. With the fight carrying on nearby, “Zeil rolled himself back onto his chest as he tried to focus on using his mage ability to help the young filly, but with the intense pain in his side he was unable to focus on using his magic as he saw something that surprised him. As the young filly expertly held her own against the Zebrican chief, her placement mark appeared on her side as Zeil saw a marking of an oval shield and cross spears appear in the filly’s flank without her even noticing. Smiling at her accomplishment, Zeil couldn’t help but feel a since of pride for the young filly, however that pride was soon shattered as the element of surprise in Kante’s attacks soon was lost, as the chief found his opening and readied himself for his first and only counter.

As Kante fought with her barrage of thrusts and slashes, she eventually tried to attack with a vertical slash from above as the chief saw this coming before blocking the attack, parrying it upwards and out of the way. With the small window made, Chief Muji then proceeded to turn his spear around as he thrusted the back of the staff forwards hitting Kante in her chest and stunning her further. Then turning his body to create momentum, Chief Muji spun around while flipping his spear as he brought the blade around and swung at an upwards diagonal slash. Without expecting the attack, Kante wasn’t able to defend as the chief’s spear slashed upwards running along her chest, across the side of her neck before grazing the edge of her ear as the deadly attack left a deep cut along the entirety of Kante’s body. Gasping in shock, Zeil, Chief Basarum, and Lady Zera watched in horror as the wounded filly was stunned from the attack, leaving Chief Muji to continue his spin and bring his hind hooves up kicking the young injured filly as Kante was tossed like a rage doll towards Zeil before hitting the ground rolling a few feet from her injured teacher. Seeing this Zeil called as he held his own wound and stumbled towards her, “KANTE!!! NO!!!”

As Zeil approached Kante, he sat down as he picked up the weak filly as she only had enough strength to look him in the eye as she tried to speak, “Bro-ther… I… you’re…”
Seeing her fatal wounds bleed perfectly, Zeil shook his head as he spoke, “S-save your strength… you’re going to be alright.”
Knowing the truth, Kante shook her head slowly as she tried to speak her last words, “D-don’t… kn-know yo… your…”
With no strength left, Kante could only look her brother in the eye as her aura faded away as she took her final breath. Shaking his head, Zeil spoke, “No… NO Kante!... Wait… your mark appeared… you’re a protector… that’s your place. You can't go, not yet. KANTE!!!”
As the filly went limp in his arms, Zeil could only hold the young filly in despair as the blood from her wounds ran down his arms and puddled below him.

Watching from a distance, Chief Basarum started to trot closer as he was stopped as Zera put her hoof out in front of him, “Don’t…”
Surprised, the chief looked to his wife as the mare held a serious look through her tear covered face as she spoke, “Stay back… you can't go out there. Not now that… he is here.”
Knowing that her instruction was dependent on her visions, Chief Basarum held his ground as Chief Muji left Zeil to grieve for the young filly as he trotted to her dropped spear and picked up her weapon. Looking at the blade, Chief Muji spoke from his distance, “It’s a shame… truly it is. Such youth, and plenty of skill to match. If I hadn’t had my guard up, she would surly have ended me. But… even a skilled warrior must know their place. She chose to step in where she didn’t belong, and for that she met a warrior’s end. But don’t worry too much, she won't be alone for long. Now then…” he looked out the corner of his eye at Zeil, “Shall we proceed?”
Zeil didn’t respond, instead he laid Kante on the ground in front of him as he continued sitting with his head hung in despair. Seeing his lack of reaction, Chief Muji smiled, “I see… then you truly have lost your will to fight. Very well, then let me end you quickly.”

With an intent on using Kante’s spear, Chief Muji moved to trot closer, but as he did, he felt something holding Kante’s spear in place as he looked down to see vines growing from the ground that had wrapped around the shaft and stopped it from being moved. Smiling at the vines Chief Muji spoke, “What’s this? Are these the black vines that I’ve heard about? Is this your last effort to stop me from ending you? Such a pathetic attempt, it’s truly sad. Fine… I'll use your spear instead.”
As he released Kante’s spear leaving it standing in place from the vines, Chief Muji began trotting towards Zeil as the defeated changeling continued sitting in place. As Chief Muji approached he felt somewhat disappointed. To see that the cleaver, cocky, and insulting changeling being reduced to a silent sad state seemed to lack justice as he spoke, “Did this filly truly mean this much to you? She isn’t even the same species as you, why should you care about her in any way?”
Zeil didn’t answer, instead he continued holding his same defeated state as Chief Muji sighed, “Fine… if you want the pain to end so badly, then I'll just do it and be done with it.”
With that said, Chief Muji trotted around to Zeil’s side as he raised Zeil’s spear and spoke, “Goodbye, false mage, Know that this is personal.”

As that was said, Chief Muji dropped the spear with the full intent on striking Zeil’s vital points in the side of his neck. However as the spear neared the defeated changeling time seemed to slow as Zeil’s eyes quickly changed from their zebra green, to a crimson red. In that split second the changeling quickly raised his hoof closest to the attacking chief as the zebra hoof quickly changed into a large muscular fist as the large hand stopped the weapon by grabbing both the spear and Chief Muji’s hoof in the exact same grip. Stunned by the unusual transformation Chief Muji stood in shock as Zeil slowly turned his head to the chief as he spoke with a much more menacing voice, “Insolent fool, you truly think this is all that it takes to kill a future Mage of Zebrica? Such ignorance, it would seem that you don’t know your place.”
Chief Muji looked into the deep redness of the changeling’s eyes as it sent a deep fear coursing through his body as he spoke with the only response he could muster, “Wh-what?”

After that was said, Zeil’s appearance slowly transformed as he stood onto his hind hooves and spoke, “You claim to know what make a true warrior, and yet you show the deepest cowardess of all. You try to use cheap tactics of propaganda on your rival’s tribe and allies. You attempt to sow seeds of distrust, then go as far as to use sneak tactics to diminish his resources like a common parasite. From a changeling I would expect such actions, but from the zebra, the most noble of my creations… I would expect better.”
As this was said Zeil slowly grew from his normal Zebra disguise to a disguise that he had never used before. His torso turned into that of a minotaur complete with a muscular physic, muscular arms, and large hands with sharp claws. His face also resembled a minotaur however instead of horns that stretched outward, his horns coiled in resembling more of a ram then a bull. His height grew to match his body as his increase in size caused the gripped spear and chief’s arm to be raised higher in the air till Chief Muji found himself being picked up from the ground as he began hanging from his trapped hoof.

As Zeil’s body finished its full transformation, all who witnessed the change stood in shock. Every zebra to include both the Northern and Southern Tribe armies, reacted in one of two ways, some could only stand frozen in shock with no idea as to how to properly react, while the rest, slowly laid their spears to their side as they all bowed in respect. As most bowed, Chief Basarum and Lady Zera stood in shock as the Northern Chief spoke, “Zeil… he… that’s…”
Zera spoke, “Lucifer… before us… stands the titan Lucifer.”
As Zeil stood with Chief Muji’s weapon and hoof in his grasp, the trapped chief managed to pull his hoof free as he fell to the ground, landed, and jumped far away from the massive titan as the monstrous beast gave him a curious look, before looking down at Kante’s body as he spoke, “I see… so that’s how it happened. To have death awaken him just as it did I all those centuries ago, seems fitting in a cruel sort of way.” He looked up to Chief Muji, “And you caused it didn’t you… well then, allow one last chance for mercy. Stand down now… and you may leave here with your life.”
Chief Muji dashed to his broken spear blade as he stopped short and slide over the weapon as he scooped it up and readied himself before replying, “You only show your true colors by taking that form… but it’s still nothing but a mask. Now I'm not going to kill you not because it’s what we agreed on for this fight, but because this proves you’re too dangerous to leave alive.”

With no concern, Zeil in titan form tossed the spear in his hand away as he replied, “Is that so?… But there is only one here that shifts the balance towards darkness. And it is I who must mend this mistake and balance things as they should. But if you feel you can, then come at me.” With his opened palm facing the ground, he pointed his arm towards the chief, “Unlike my reflection… I will hold nothing back.”
Angry with the threat, Chief Muji charged at the titan while holding the spear blade like a dagger as the beast stood with his arm raised waiting for his time to attack. Then as Muji jumped in the air in an attempt to stab the large creature, the titan quickly flipped his opened palm to the sky as three vines jettisoned from the ground as they wrapped around the airborne stallion and stopped him in midair. As the vined quickly coiled around him, Chief Muji gripped his weapon tightly but as the vines wrapped over him, one of the vined wrapped around his torso under his front hooves while another wrapped over pushing a scissor like tension on his arms as the vines tighten and grew. Finally the tension grew too strong for his arms to withstand as loud snaps were heard followed by a blood curdling scream as Chief Muji’s hooves bent outward in an unnatural way causing him to drop his weapon.

When this scream was heard, most of the zebra warriors still standing in shock followed there brethren as they dropped their weapons and bowed in fear, as Chief Basarum and Lady Zera could only stare in shock at the fight before them. With both forearms now broken, Chief Muji’s screams turned to whimpers of pain, as Zeil looked over the bowing armies and spoke, “You will blight these tribes no more chief of the south. As an imbalance, it’s my task to remove you from this world, and so I shall.”
Though he was in incredible pain, Chief Muji pleaded, “I… I surrender… y-you win mage. Pl-please… spare me… no more I beg of you.”
Zeil shook his head, “Twice… twice my reflection held your life within my grasp and yet, you showed no gratitude when he foolishly gave it back. In concern for his morals I offered the same, and still you chose not to yield. Now…” he raised his hand slightly as the vine wrapped around the chief’s throat, “Your life, is mine to take.”
That said, the titan slowly closed his opened palm as the vine around Chief Muji’s neck began tightening more and more until the chief went from trying to breathe, to struggling for his life. Seeing the struggling zebra, Chief Basarum started to step forward but Lady Zera stopped him, “Don’t… it is his fate. We mustn’t act, not until the others arrive.”

Back on the field, the choking chief struggled for air as the large titan stood with his arm still raised. However as he stood, the beast started to cringe in pain as he placed his other hand on his face while he mumbled, “What? No… stop fighting it, He had his chance for mercy, now we must make an example… what… fine… then if you mean for his suffering to end… then I'll end it.”
After saying this, the titan took his hand off his head as he looked to the choking chief as he spoke, “It would seem that the mage doesn’t wish for you to suffer. Take his mercy lightly… and die without pain.”
With his arm up and his now closed palm facing the sky, the titan took only a quick moment after his words before quickly shifting his fist sideways so that his palm was now facing to his left as the quick motion caused the vines to react as the area was soon echoing with the sound of a loud crack from the chief’s neck. As the sound echoed into the area, all the bowing soldiers cringed in fear as Chief Muji’s body became limp and lifeless.

With a careless action the titan slowly opened his sideways fist as the vine around Chief Muji’s body dissolved into ash leaving the dead chief to fall to the ground right beside Kante. As that was done Zeil lowered his hand as the blood left behind from Kante’s wounds remained on his hands as Lady Zera saw this and spoke, “Husband… we must do something… now before he acts.”
Chief Basarum looked to his wife, “What? What do you mean?”
As Zeil looked down at Chief Muji’s corpse, his eyes slowly shifted to Kante’s body as an angry expression came upon his face as his eyes slowly paned upwards towards the Southern Tribe’s army as Lady Zera spoke, “A Titan stands before an army of his creation as the blood of an innocent drips from his claws. At his hooves two victims lay, an innocent youth, and the armies commanding zebra chief. With eyes of rage, the deity wishes to slay more, with himself as his only match.”
With an angry expression, the titan raised his arm towards the army with his palm down as he spoke, “Darkness can be like a virus, and if it plagued your chief… then it can plague you as well… To mend this fault, I will have to cleanse the Southern Tribe.”

Concerned, the Southern Tribe rose from their bow as most backed away in fear, while Zeil sighed, “Pity… I never wanted to do this twice. But… history has a way of repeating itself. Goodbye Southern Tri-“
Before he could finish, a spear fell in from above as it grazed the top of his arm leaving a shallow cut before sticking into the ground next to him. With his arm still raised, Zeil turned to the direction the spear flew in from as he saw a large approaching army of heavily armored zebra, as Chief Chuma stood at the front and called, “Mage Zeil!!! Regain your control and cease this! Otherwise, The Eastern Tribe will attack.”
After that was called, the Eastern Tribe warriors behind their chief pointed their spears as they called, “AH-ROOT!!!”
With little concern, Zeil in his titan form shifted his raised arm so that now it was pointed towards the Eastern Tribe as he spoke, “As I said… a virus. Sadly I will have to rectify this as well.”
As Zeil pointed his arm, his palm slowly turned from facing the ground to facing the sky as a long line of vines started growing from the ground in front of Chief Chuma and his army, however before they could reach their target a loud glass shattering sound was heard as a strange ball of magic shot into the sky from behind Zeil as the ball reached the height of the overcast clouds before exploding into a shockwave of magic that immediately cleared the overcast and forced the sun to shine through.

With the sun beaming down on the area, the vines in front of the Eastern Tribe stopped growing as Zeil turned towards the origin of the ball of light to see Chieftess Mimea standing before an army of her own western warrior enchanters. While next to them, Chief Tanak and his army of multispecies warriors approached as he pointed towards Zeil and called, “NOW MY AVIAN BRETHEREN ATTACK!!!”
As the order was called, a flock of airborne griffin flew in from above as they dropped small canisters from their talons leaving the canisters to fall towards Zeil before exploding right above his head filling the area with large plums of white smoke that was transparent enough to allow sunlight to pass through but thick enough to completely blind the titan target. With all five tribes of Zebrica now in the area, Chief Basarum took this time to memorize where Zeil was standing before the smoke, as he charges into the clouds as fast as he could before the massive titan could regain his sight. As the charging chief got close enough to zee Zeil clearly, he only had a split second as he jumped into the air and grabbed one of Zeil’s coiled horns as his speed and weight was enough to cause the unsuspecting titan to lose his balance and fall the ground with the impact stunning him. Before he could regain his senses, Zeil only had enough time to look up from where he fell as Chief Basarum quickly approached as he raised his hoof, “Sorry Zeil… but this is for your own good.”
With that said, Chief Basarum channeled every bit of strength he had into a single punch as he punched Zeil in his face with enough force to knock the massive titan unconscious.

PreviousChapters Next