• Published 1st Oct 2017
  • 920 Views, 19 Comments

A Forgotten Life - PeriwinkleLove



Discord has been acting strange the past few days after the events of the episode 'Discordant Harmony',so what's up with him?

  • ...
3
 19
 920

Chapter 16 ; Bonds sealed

Author's Note:

Grab a tissue everyone!
It's a tense chapter,put my best in this!
Oh!Also,just a fair warning,it might be slightly dark,but very slightly,beeter safe than sorry!
Enjoy~
:ajsleepy: :applecry: :fluttercry: :raritycry: :pinkiesad2:

“Discord dear,aren’t you going to eat?You made such a delicious breakfast!” Rarity asked and complimented.

“Yeah,you had prepared this breakfast since you woke up,aren’t you gonna eat it yourself at least?By the way the pancakes are delicious!”Applejack commented.

“Thanks AJ,Rarity, and no,I am not hungry...”He replied.
”How could I be?”He whispered.

“Alright!That's it!”Arrist calmly said and turned to face her brother.

“Discord,spirit of Chaos and Disharmony.What is wrong with you?You are not the annoying funny brother that I know and all know!Can you tell me if you can stand this!?”
She paused as she motioned her hand to the table that was clearly filled with awkwardness.
”Well as a being of order,and your so called sister, I have to fix this awkward silence.And our sibling bond that should have been fixed a long time ago,”She then stood up.

Discord was looking at her with fear full in his eyes,he thought that;This was the end...that he was going to be killed by his own flesh and blood…..

“Can you blame me?”He asked.

WHAT?” She replied.

“Can you..” He started to hold to tears
”Blame me?”He spoke up,he too stood up and they were both facing each other eye to eye besides the table.

“Can you..be in my place,huh?Can you imagine how I feel?How..I am the worst brother?That we are sitting together like nothing happened between the two of us?HUH!?
Like NOTHINGHAPPENED!?”He asked in a loud voice.
“We two are siblings,but I behaved like a monster…..
I can’t understand why won’t you shout or curse me already!
Can you tell me?What good deed did I EVER commit a thousand years ago?Why won’t you hate me?”He asked.

“Discord I..”

Don’t try to be the one to explain things,because you can’t….
Look at me...I’m a freak of nature,right?Come on,let’s all be honest,I look like a chimera experiment gone terribly wrong,”

“You’re not a freak….”Fluttershy disagrees.

“You think...Come on,you’re The Element of Kindness,as the abomination of Kindness you can’t possibly call anyone a freak..even if I deserve it…
But I heard,I heard it,many,many times,that I’m a freak of nature ; a monster….”

“Discord come on you’re not a-”Rainbow told but was cutted off.

“Monster?Well,I think I got everything on the list,despite appearance,come on ;
I caused chaos and havoc all around the land,twice,without caring for anyone,and manipulated you,other ponies,heck,and let’s notforget about Tirek...Oh!And the fact that I betrayed my own blood,my only sister,just proves that I am no innocent,you know,sometimes I think that Celestia did the wrong choice,I should have been left, to rot in my stone prison,as I so much deserve…”

“Don’t say that!You don’t know how much we all-”

“Come on Twilight!To be clear I myself admit it! I deserve it,don’t I?
To rot...Come on,deep inside you all still hate me, right?”

“WHAT!?NO!Discord we don’t-”Twilight tried to finish.

“Hate me?Of course you don’t,but someone else might have hated me to death for the things that I’ve done,yes,I do regret all of those actions,and indeed,I wish to just go back in time and change things,but I know I will only destroy our current timeline that way,I was stupid...I listened to Tirek’s words,I actually was stupid enoughto believe that power was more valuable than friendship,family,and what did I do?And how did I repaid to you?
By betraying you!That’s how I repaid!
I was naive,it wasn’t the first time,no,I heard those ponies in my childhood that called me a monster,a freak,a worthless being,so,as I became older and older ’sigh’ I became that monster…”

“Come on,you’re being too hard on yourself sugarcube,everyone makes mistakes,and we all learn,but we all move pass them,”Applejack tries,with her words, to lift his spirit up.

“You think...but it’s not that easy you see!Of course,you never did or would ever do the things I did!
And,what about you...Dearest sister?
What do you have to say for all the things that I’ve done?I mean,you were left alone for a thousand years,so,you suffered the most,come on,don’t you want to just slap me?”He asks.
“Tell me Arrist ; why won’t you just SCREAM at me!CURSE me,SWEAR me,ANYTHING!
But yet you keep your mouth shut!Why…?I still can't understand, guess you just hate me so much to waste your time yelling at me,am I wrong?You hate me like a sworn enemy,which I am..”
He tells her,his eyes faced down.

“Discord…”She paused
”I never hated you.I..would never hate you.How can I hate my own blood..?”-

“But-”

-“For something that I did,”

“Wait,what?”He pauses in an utter confusion.

“Discord,I should have listened to you,I should have been more assertive or...ANYTHING!”She shouted.

YOU are to blame for what happened?
I with my crazy self and egoism drew us apart!You are telling me that it was all you?!”

“Of course Discord!You are my brother!Even if you had done all those terrible things,I still LOVE you!”She shouted.

“You can possibly say that everything has been forgiven, forgotten, and filed away? EVERYTHING!?”He asked.

“OF COURSE!You think that I care for that!?Or the fact that I was a chicken for not doing something!?
If I had raised you better then NOTHING of this would have happened!”

“You can’t possibly blame your own self! I should have been more obedient! I should have been more..more..more like YOU!You were and always are a role model to me Arrist! From a little kid I practically adored you!Because you were always kind and generous,you are kind hearted and all,I practically wanted to be like you,”He admits.

“Discord,you don’t want to be like me,you don’t even know the half of it...Tell me,brother,how can you possibly want to be like me?HOW!?When I kicked you out of your own house,when I turned my back on you….
HOW!?”She asks him again,trying to hold her tears.

“You almost beat me at everything…”

AND…?”She asks with a sad and mad tone.
“You’re wrong,I’m not as strong hearted as you think,Discord,you have a stronger heart compared to me,at least from the outside…
You sure do leave me amazed as to how you hide your true feelings from everyone else,”

“Not always true,” He disagrees.
“Actually,yeah,I am strong hearted,meaning that I might also be stone-hearted! Ha!? Just like my prison!Why...I was left to rot for a millenium,I sure did become more stone-hearted,than I actually was…didn’t I?”He looks away into a nearby window.

“Please…..don’t-”

“I was a stupid,stupid ignorant,a narcissist,a traitor,and you know what?
I still AM!”He tells with an obviously fake smile.
“LOOK AT ME!” He points with tears falling down.
“I’m a FREAK! I can’t imagine you having a brother that is a FREAK!
COME ON! ADMIT IT! I openly SHOUT it out loud!For everyone to hear me when I say this:I’m monster…..Your brother is not a monster,yet I am one,”

“NO!Discord you’re not a monster,don’t say that!Please,if anyone should be a monster around here,it’s ME!”She points to herself.

“Arrist,the last time we met each other….
I WAS READY TO KILL YOU! HOW!? How can you forgive someone who is an ungrateful brat!?TELL ME!?”He asks her.
“You know WHAT!?You said it yourself...Don’t you remember!?
YOU SAID IT!” He reminds.

“Only because I had no choice,yes,you weren’t yourself Discord,power blinded you,come on,do you really think that I would let some stupid vendetta to keep us apart?Really,are you serious?”

“Of course I am! I hurted you sister,both physically and mentally,the last time I saw you,Arrist,I threatened you with a KNIFE!”
He shouts as memories started to come back.
“How could I have possibly threatened my OWN SISTER!?HOW!?Tell me,HOW!?”
He collapses into the floor,crying as never before.

“Discord,please,you’re breaking my heart,I beg of you,please stand up,”
She was ready to lean in to patter his head,but instead,he stands up and faces her with teary eyes.

“I don’t deserve your forgiveness,I don’t,really,I don’t,I was your brother,you were my family,my ONLY family,yet I DID IT! I shouldn’t receive any forgiveness from anyone,I don’t deserve it,”

The girls around were silent,watching and hearing the conversation between the two,they couldn’t believe their eyes at what they were seeing,they didn’t believe that Discord,their Discord,was ready to kill his own sister a thousand years ago with a knife.

“Discord,yes,I was not happy about it,who would be?I was furious,you were far more than just mad,”

“I was a psychopath,I pulled a knife…”He covers his face in shame and guilt.

“Discord you-”

“I pulled a knife against you,I was ready to stain my hands with blood,your blood,would you ever forgive me if I had at least tried and stabbed you? I swear Arrist,sister of mine,if I had killed you,I would have probably committed suicide,I swear to all the things that I’m blessed with,I WOULD!”

What!?I don’t want to hear you say that ever again!You hear me!?
I didn’t struggle in my childhood to keep us alive so you could just end your life!
I fought for us Discord! And I would not have let you to just take mine or your life! YOU KNOW WHY!? Because I was suicidal DISCORD!”

W-w-what?” He asks in shock and fear.

“I was,yes,you learned the dark truth about me,what you think?
That I was CALM when they were ready to CUT OUR HEADS!?WHAT DID YOU THINK!? HUH!? That I was FINE!? TELL ME!”She demands.

“I never,ever noticed…”

“Of course you didn’t,you were a kid,you couldn’t have noticed….Besides I hadn’t injured myself,I was ready,but yet your image was always in my head,who would have raised you after me?No one...Simply no one...I was lucky that I didn't injure myself,very lucky...But I did have the thoughts,remember when we had finally built our home?It was then that I stopped feeling bad,to feel better,to know that we were safe and happy,that was all that ever mattered to me,and would matter,until,well,you know,but don’t jump ahead of yourself,I wasn’t suicidal during the time of you being imprisoned,I managed,”

“Arrist, I never-”

Look...It was hard,yes,but we managed,didn’t we?”

T-true…”

“It’s hard to sometimes forgive others,but it’s also hard when you aren’t able to forgive your own self,I’m aware that you feel guilty,you hide it but you are still guilty,you just don’t show it,do you?”

Discord breaks eye contact with her as he darts his eyes in a corner of the kitchen,frowning,not giving any answer.
You know me better than anyone…”He informs.

“Of course I do,”She replies with a genuine smile.
“Self-forgiving is important,very important,don’t ever forget that,I know,I have great experience in forgiving myself,you don’t have the slightest idea how many times I’ve done it,”

“Very true…’sigh’”

“I had noticed,I had noticed the way you were acting a couple of weeks before that incident a thousand years ago,never saying good morning,always locked in your room,barely able to say a ‘hi’,always reading random spells on books all the time,when I tried to get you to have lunch you said you weren’t hungry,I thought it was a phase,that you were just really lazy,but,when I realized that it was something more,I was too late…”

“And I was too stubborn to reconsider,”

“Come on…”

“If me and you have one thing in common: it’s stubbornness…
I will go to the end of the world to prove that I’m right, I’ve done it a couple of times,I regret nothing,”He adds.

She had to smirk at that
“Like sister like brother,”

Truly…”He agrees with a small smile.

“Tell me Discord...What did I do wrong?”
She questions him.

Discord was silent,refusing to speak,not a single word was to come from his mouth as it seemed.

Please,I want to know,” She begs.
Why brother?Tell me why?”

Nothing…”He whispers.

“What?” She asks.

“I said...nothing,”He repeats,while still whispering.

“Talk more louder I can’t hear you!” She demands.

“I said you did NOTHING!” His answer in a loud voice.
“You did NOTHING! You raised me perfectly FINE!
I was the problem Arrist!”

“What?Please,not again that…”She pleads with a sad frown in her face.

Yes,I will say it again,sister,you raised me just fine,I have no complains about you raising me,you did your very best Arrist,I dunno anyone who would manage like you,”

“Just,I beg you,don’t start with-”

“With WHAT!? With me BLAMING MYSELF!?Is that a wrong way of thinking!? I am to blame after all,I was jealous,at first,I didn’t mind,for real,thought I was just moody,I started to get bored of our ordinary world,ideas sparked in my head,I thought that the world didn’t need order,that it could survive,but our world needs order as much as chaos,your powers are better than mine,you have most things outlined,perfect.I was lonely too,I saw ponies playing but I knew that they would scream at terror if they saw me,and order,it’s always more than chaos,I…felt that my powers,myself,were...invisible…”

“Discord...why didn't you tell me before?”

“That feeling,of jealousy,it turned me into a cold...tyrant,”He whispers the last word.

“Discord,it breaks my heart hearing you say so much bad thing about yourself,please,stop it,”

“Because of that stupid feeling,because of my stupidity...Everything was my fault
I allowed that small unimportant ignorance to become jealousy!
I was jealous of my own sister!How come you ever blame yourself,when it was all my STUPID self!Stupid,stupid,STUPID!”He says,continuing repeating the word in his mind.
‘Stupid,stupid and heck even a physcho,I won’t lie,’He thinks.

“Discord...please don’t blame yourself for everything.You have made mistakes,we all make mistakes.It wasn’t only your fault!It was also mine.We both should have listened to each other and be more understanding.But..that was a long time ago Discord!Things have changed and I know we may not have the same bond that we had before but-”

“You think we can?You think we can move past this?After THAT!?”

“I don’t care Discord. What happened in the past stays in the past.If the same ponies that you once corrupted them forgave and gave you a chance to change,then,why can’t I?”

“Because I abandoned yo,almost took your life and left you alone for a thousand years.”

“Yes.It was hard for both of us.But…’sight’ we can move on.We are siblings Discord. No matter what happens you are still my brother.And I am your sister.That.Will.Never change,I assure you in this.I love you dearly and I am not willing to have hate towards my only brother!We are the only ones Discord.You think that I would just give up on you?Or hate you?Well you are simply wrong because I care about you,”

“You..really mean it?After all this time you...still care about me?
Even after all the things that I’ve done?”

“I never stopped Discord,I never stopped.Those years were my worst living years.But I managed because I knew that one day you would forgive me and I would see you again.Like this.’Sight’ And to finally meet the ones that returned you back,”
She said looking at them.

“They’ve got that influence! “He admitted also looking at them

“Discord, I always thought that you hated me!When I realised that you didn’t hate me..I could finally sleep with peace and knowing that.....that my brother is once again free and hoped he loves me,”

“I never stopped Arrist,never,you are the only one that cared for me back then..How can I forget my sister?My own blood?The one that raised me,my family Arrist! I would never in a millennia hate you!Yes that jealousy was em,a phase let’s say,but I never hated you truly!And all the things that I said,I take it all back! I was breaking inside while causing chaos and havoc.It wasn’t very enjoyable without you at my side. I had sworn that if anything bad happened to you I would never forgive myself! And I wasn’t able to forgive myself for all the things that I’ve done..but six ponies showed me that there is a way to forgive yourself after all.Thank you girls,”He thanked them.

They nodded with appreciation

“And I never stopped caring about you! I will even give up my life for you Arrist! Even in this right moment! Anything for my only sister.Anything!You raised me and that’s how I repay it to you?By betraying you and leave you all alone?I am a terrible brother Arrist,”

“No you're not!You were a caring brother and a bit overprotective sometimes,but that’s because you cared.You are the most funny and the most lively between the two of us!Sure you can be annoying but you are just trying to not make our lives boring to death!Well I am let’s say the more less-annoying and more of a caring and more responsible than you!But we are siblings and we fought all the time!But we got used to each other characters and know each other like open books!I know you and you know me!”

“That’s truth!Especially you!But..still...I just can’t chew up this thing;that I abandoned you!My only sister my only blood my only family!
I was a stupid,selfish,heartless,egoistic,mean,ungrateful,psychopath and heck simply a CRAZY maniac tyrant!”

“Come on you aren’t like that!You can be pretty funny, even honest to if you want it.
Look,Discord, you're not a villain anymore,I can see it now, yes, maybe you are annoying but still! I don’t see chaos and havoc spread in Equestria,or you laughing like a crazy tyrant! I see that you have six good and caring friends and see that you have changed,well at least you are not evil or anything so that’s good I guess! I myself have not been the best sister Discord,”She admitted in shame.

“You are kidding!?You are anything someone can ask for in a sister!Sure you can be too boring or unwilling to change your habits but...you are my sister Arrist!And I care for you!I simply care!At least now I care about you!Arrist,truth,I would give up my life for you right about now if I had to!
Sure that was a bad moment or let’s say a tragic period of our lives but,we are sibling and that doesn’t change..heck,doesn’t change,”

“Look,we all make mistakes and we all learn from them,and I see you at least learned from them, luckily!We were both not treating each other properly and didn’t understand,but,that was in the past,and maybe,if you still want to..I dunno..”

Silence for a brief moment.

“Be again like we used to,all the happy moments that we had maybe,we can resume into being two sibling that...that simply annoy each other but still love one another?” She giggled slightly as happy memories were starting to come back.

“You...really think we..?”

“Can be a brother and sister again?Bet my whole house I am!”

“Really?I don’t know what to say!I..”

“You don’t have to say anything,we will try and be the crazy siblings that we were,won’t be hard,we are basically crazy siblings so..yes,”

Discord then started to hold back tears,some escaped and rolled down,he couldn’t believe it was all real.His sister wanting him back and can be the little brother again that he always,secretly,loved to be,to now have a sister and good friends,that his friends liked his sister,in that moment he couldn’t imagine of a most,unusual for him,perfectday.

“Come on,” She wide opened her hands.
“I know you want to hug me.Come on already,”

Before she could even blink her brother rushed and hugged her tightly.

“I MISSED YOU! ’Sniff’ I missed you!”
He started to cry more than he ever cried before.
”I am SO SORRY BIG SIS! I missed you! So much!’Snif’ ’Snif’
I promise I will never do the things that I’ve done!
I missed you...sister,”
Still crying a lot and hugging her tightly,he was ready to collapse to the floor,if not for holding her.

“I missed you too...So much...Come on,let it all out,it’s alright.’Sniff’ Oh great!Now you are making me cry too!”
She also started to cry and tears rolled down towards her cheeks,in the sight of her baby brother hugging her again;it was the best feeling she could ever imagine,simply imagine.

“Ahahaaaaaa!” Pinkie started to cry more than the two of them;two blasts of tears from her eyes,as she usually cried.

“I am not crying!I’m NOT crying!”Rainbow tried but failed in holding some tears falling from her eyes in the sight of the two siblings together.

‘Snif’ ‘Snif’” Rarity also couldn’t help but smile and cry for the two of them.

“Proud of ya Discord!Simply proud!” Applejack whispered holding her hat,before also bursting into tears.

Fluttershy and Twilight were also crying and hugging each other.

“Told you,he can be sweet sometimes,sometimes” Fluttershy told her.

“Yes,yes he can,” She replied.

They were all crying for almost one minute,until they finally calmed down and relaxed.

“I haven’t cried so much since Celestia and Luna being back together!”Pinkie admitted.

“Heck,you made even me cry!”Rainbow added.

“Yeah….sorry for that but you know…sister and brother heart-to-heart moment,”Discord told.

“No no no!It’s alright!We would all react the same dear!”Rarity informed.

“Who wouldn’t?”Applejack asked.

“No one,”Fluttershy replied.
”Simply no one,”

“You..two are...oh heck have such a touching moment,like Celestia and Luna really,”Twilight admitted.

‘Sight’ I needed to get it all out.Simply needed,”Discord admitted while still standing.

“Oh why won’t you hug us too so we can’t end this reunion properly huh?”Fluttershy asked.

“Well sure.And thank you!Thank you so much!You don’t know how much it means to me...Thank you,simply thank you!”He thanked.

“Oh it’s what we do!” Pinkie teased.

“No really,you don’t know how...how much thismeans to us!Thank you,”Arrist repeated.

“Well..we were happy to help a friend in need!And yes,it was the most surprising and shocking and pretty much the craziest experience that we ever had with you Discord!”Twilight admitted.

“Well,you know me!And really thank you...it means a lot having my sister here.Even if I didn’t told you to look for her because it might have been dangerous!”He looked a bit annoyed.

“Hey!You didn’t told us that you have a sister!So I think we’re even!”Rainbow defended.

“Fair,” Arrist agreed.

“Oh just come here!”Twilight then lifted him and they were all hugging
him and he hugged to.

“Yep they changed you a lot Discord!Didn’t knew that you were so sensitive in hugs thought!”

“Oh just stop and come her!”He demanded.

“Hmm,”Twilight then lifted her too and she joined them.

“Well,thanks for the lift princess!”Arrist jokes.

“Yeah yeah just enjoy the friendship moment while it lasts,”Discord mumbles.

They all then separated and sat down again.

“I must ask Discord,haven't you gotten hungry by all the crying and confessing thing?You must be hungry!”Pinkie added.

“Now that you are saying it!I am a bit hungry!Did you left something or you ate everything?”He joked.

“Ha ha very funny Discord!But really now have something!”
Fluttershy replies.

“Well!I don’t know what to choose!Sister here has already eaten my pancakes!”Discord pointed out.

“Oh just eat something already!I have the same question!Eat something before you faint from hunger!”Arrist demanded.

“Fine,fine!Hush both demanding!All women are the same!”

“What you said?” Rarity asked.

“Nothing!”

“All the same!” He whispered.

“WE HEARD THAT!” Both seven exclaimed.

“Yikes,where did I got myself into?All females Discord!Good job Discord!Good job!”Heannoyed continued.

“You know we can turn you into a stone statue again,right?” Rainbow ironically asked.

“If you turn him,I get to break it,got it?”Arrist told.

“Sure!” Twilight agreed.
”We seven are going to get along!”

“I was preferring it when we were silent,” He admits.
“My worst fear;both my sister and my friends getting along,’sight’ you are going to destroy me one day you seven!”He rubbed his forehead.
“At least I’ve got Spike and Big Mac! Luckily! I dunno what would I do with six mares as friends,”

“Alright,bring the elements!”Applejack annoyed exclaims while hit her hoof on the table.

“FINE,FINE!Take it back,take it back!”

“Good,” Fluttershy said.

He then helped himself to a plate of food and sat down next to Arrist.
He started to eat and then he snatched a piece of cake from his sister’s plate.

“Hey!” She exclaims.

“Oh hush! Like I am any stranger! You are my sister after all for Equestrian sake!”He defended.

“Well then,if you don’t mind..” She then took a bite from his apple.

“Want it?” She asked ironically.

“Nope!Keep it!” He replied.

“Oh!Geez like we don’t share the same blood!”She annoyed exclaimed.
“Oh my dears, we have SO much to talk about, the stories I could tell you about HIM,” Arrist says pointing at Discord.
“From back when he was a baby,”

“We are all ears,” Twilight replies.

“By the way,Discord I must ask one question,”Rainbow exclaimed.

“Sure,I’ll try to answer it,”

“Come closer,”

“Really now?”

“Just come!”

‘Sight’” He then teleported himself besides Rainbow.

“Well wh-”

‘SLAP’

An apple pie was now in his face.

“HA HA HA HA!” They all laughed.

“Beaten by his own trick,pitiful,pft” Arrist said disappointed.

“This is for April Fools!”Rainbow explained.

“But of course!I should have seen that coming!”

“You should,because I did”Arrist added.

“You are the spirit of order,that doesn’t count!”
He then licked the pie .
“Mmm,tasty by the way!”
He then

‘SNAP’
The applepie disappeared from his face and he was back in his seat.

“Well,guess that you are already getting along with each other,great!”Discord pointed out.

“What can I say,they aren't difficult to get along,”Arrist replied.

“And she is your opposite,basically she is not annoying as you!”Applejack admits sheepishly.

“Hey!”

“What?I am the spirit of Honesty!I only tell the truth!”She defended.

“Fair,”He replied, while also drinking orange juice.

“So,Discord,we learned that your sister beaten you at pranking!Didn’t knew that she invented the good old banana peel trick!”Pinkie said.

“Yes,I was the first to fall for that!”He admitted.

“Really?Wow!The master of chaos was overwinned by a simple prank!I am disappointed at you!Simply disappointed,”Rainbow continued.

“Look who's talking!The one that actually thought that was a vampire pony!”He fought back.

“Objection!That was a very good-pulled prank!”

“Aww thank you!I’ll take it as a compliment!”

“You shouldn’t!”

“Alright!Let's eat it our breakfast now!”Fluttershy exclaimed.

“Good point,”Rainbow agreed.