• Published 1st Oct 2017
  • 920 Views, 19 Comments

A Forgotten Life - PeriwinkleLove



Discord has been acting strange the past few days after the events of the episode 'Discordant Harmony',so what's up with him?

  • ...
3
 19
 920

Chapter 14 ; The Breakfast Banquet

As all the girls,including Arrist,went inside Discord’s house,they sat on the benches and started,literally,munching the food,well,all except Rarity,Fluttershy,Twilight and Arrist,the rest munching everything.

Twilight goes over to one of the cabinets in the kitchen and brings out some jars.

“Oh you simply HAVE to try this jam Arrist!” Twilight says.
“Applejack and her family make them themselves.The best apple jam in all of Equestria in my opinion!”Twilight suggested.

Arrist reaches for two pieces of toast in the table as she spreads a generous helping on the one piece,offering it to Twilight.

“Thanks,” Twilight says grabbing the piece.

“You girls want some?”Arrist asks the rest.

“Nuh,” The others reply.

Then Arrist spreads the jam in her piece of toast and takes a bite for herself.When she bites,a smile was spread on her face.
“I haven’t had any sweets in years!That’s the best jam that I’ve ever tasted!Truly,Applejack,you and your family have a great gift. I would like to take a few jars home with me,”She says a she takes a second bite.

“Of course!Discord’s family is my family too!”Applejack assures.

“I’m sure Discord will let you take some jars with you,” Fluttershy expects.

“I hope he does!” She tells joyfully taking another bite.

“I’ll go get some juice from the fridge,anyone?”Rainbow asked
They all raised their hoofs or in Arrist’s case hand.

They all chatted together,eating the pancakes and the other goods that were in the table.

During this entire time,from the moment that his sister and his friends entered his small house,no one didn’t even bother to check on him, he had become,literally, frozen to the spot.
Terror,shock,confusion,those words didn’t even come close to what the chaos spirit was experiencing at the moment,his mind kept replaying the events of the last six minutes over and over trying,for the first time,to get them to make sense.

‘I was putting the finishing touches in the breakfast,’ he thought to himself.
‘Okay, that’s normal.I think.I hope.Then I heard a knock at the door. Still normal. Then I opened the door. Still good so far. Then my friends AND my sister,walked in, sat down, and now act like nothing shocking happened.... Ah!... THERE is where it all goes WONKY!’ he thinks to himself.

“Wow! I haven’t seen him so still since he was encased in stone!” Fluttershy admitted.

“Yeah creepy!” Rainbow agreed.

Both watching Discord’s still body.

Still unmoving, he still thinks
‘No,no,no,no,no,WHAT have they done?’
He looks frightened.
‘But they don’t seem hurt or anything, of course,she doesn't want to kill THEM,she want to kill ME!No,no,no,no,no,WAIT! I’m still sleeping! This is a dream.A very strange and DISTURBING dream!’
‘Is this REALLY a dream?Please Luna tell me it’s a dream...or rather a nightmare…’

He turns his eyes toward the table.
He marches slowly,hesitating with every step,but then he sees her

“Hello there!Might join us?” Arrist cheerfully says.

‘Yup, she’s still sitting there. Eating MY pancakes, NOT destroying my small home, or shouting for vengeance. Which is GOOD,I guess,’ he thinks unsurely.
‘But... but..’

“Em Discord are you alright?” Twilight approached him.

“Twilight...” he says,his voice rising. “You have one minute to explain this…...”

“Oh,we went and met her on her home in the Everfree Forest!”Pinkie says casually.

“We had a talk with her and she is really nice and doesn’t want to kill you or anything,”Fluttershy tells.

“Everything is... okay?” Discord says in a flat voice.
“You met my sister... Talked with her... And she doesn’t want to kill me or destroy my life?”

“Yes, that’s right.”Rarity confirms.

“What…?” Discord says worryingly.

“What?She doesn’t want to kill you or harm you.She is perfectly fine!Look at her!” Rainbow then holds his face and points it towards Arrist.

“She is...sitting there...eating my pancakes”He repeated.

Meanwhile,she was eating Discord’s supposed pancakes and drinking juice while also chatting with Applejack.

“See?She isn’t mad at you!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

“But of course!”He says.

“Tell me that you have come to your senses...” Fluttershy hoped.

“I mean,of course,she firstly enjoys a breakfast by my own hands...” He pauses and looks at his hands.
”And then kills me!”He ended.

Twilight,Rarity,Rainbow,Pinkie and Fluttershy slapped their hoofs on their foreheads.

“Not again!”Twilight annoyed tells.

“Discord spirit of chaos!Come to your senses for once!”Fluttershy angrily said to him.
“You are going to get inside the kitchen and talk with your sister,sit beside her!We had enough of this nonsense!She doesn’t hate you and she wants to talk with you!So you go and talk to her!”She demanded.

“Are you CRAZY?She will kill me!”He worryingly hid more behind the wall.

“No she isn’t!”Fluttershy repeated pushing him towards the opening.

“We will go join her,”Rarity said as she and the others were walking to the kitchen.

“Hope to see you shortly,”Fluttershy dead-panmed as she also walked with the others inside.

“It’s the end,” Discord says.

“Nope,” Twilight responds.

“Then what is it?What the HECK is going on!?”He asks worryingly again.

“The time that your world will be flipped upside down for the first time in ages,” Twilight replies enigmatically then she walked back into the kitchen to join the others.