• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 3,357 Views, 115 Comments

Blaze of My Heart - BlueSun52



A somewhat normal high school boy goes to the same school his parents, Sunset Shimmer and Soul Writer went. Joined him on his adventures with his friends and sister as he discovers what it means to find that special someone in his life.

  • ...
10
 115
 3,357

Chapter 20

Monday had fallen upon Blaze once again and to return to his school with his friends and fellow classmates. However for him it was not feeling such a normal day for him after Eve’s and Iris’s confession to him. He felt things would be different at school feeling that someone could have heard the news about his rejection to the two. He knew that if everyone at the school heard about it they would get mad at him or make comments about it making him the center of attention. But above all else, he felt that Jazz would make some kind of comment about him that she would more likely give to him in person.

He walked down the hallways keeping his eyes and ears out for anything. But as he walked by other students, they just talked about their weekends or other kinds of things he wouldn’t be really interested in. He raised a brow as no one didn’t say anything to him.

‘Huh…. Whenever something dramatic happens here, everyone has to make a big deal about it,’ Blaze thought. ‘And yet no one hasn’t made a comment about me, Eve and Iris after last Friday…. I guess for once I’m in the clea-’

“BLAZE WRITER!”

‘Wait, there we go.’

Blaze looks back and let out a weary sigh.

Star yelled from across the other side of the hallway as several students jumped from the sudden burst. She stumped her way towards Blaze with an angry glare. The students backup towards the lockers and walls making sure they were completely out of Star’s way and hopefully away from her wrath. She walked up towards Blaze and her nose met when she leaned in.

“.... I’m going to guess Eve told you, did she?” Blaze asked. “Because I can explain-”

“You don’t have to explain jack to me!” Star yelled. “Eve told me about everything! What the hell is wrong with you!? You get two girls confessing their feelings for you and decided to reject both of them!? No guy would ever do that! Not even in animes that could happen!”

The students started to whisper to one another over this news. Blaze looked around and his worst fears started to happen. He let out a sigh and pushed Star’s face away from his.

“Look Star, I know that it sounded bad but I just didn’t want it to happen,” Blaze said. “Just let me explain-”

“Yeah, I get it!” Star interrupted. “You don’t wanna date friends because it makes it awkward or weird! Or that you would choose only one of them and make the other heartbroken! But you gotta realize that’s not the problem! They were both willing to let you choose the other and there would be no hard feelings! That can’t be anymore better explained!”

“Alright that’s it,” Blaze said. “I promised Mom that I would never do this when she taught me but you are really making too much of a scene.”

“I’ll make a much of a scene until you- ACK!”

Blaze suddenly pinched Star in the shoulder. She felt herself feeling dazed before falling on the ground unconscious. He flexed his hand for a moment before he started dragging her across the floor towards the nurse’s office.

‘Mom is gonna kill me after she finds out I used the Vulcan Nerve Pinch on Star,’ Blaze thought. ‘Although…. That was admittedly pretty cool what I just did.’

After a few moments, Blaze sat in his homeroom as he waited for class to begin. He peaked over his shoulder to see Camilla staring intently at him with a glare. He gulped nervously knowing the damage he could do to him. Including ending up in the dumpster along with Jazz on a daily basis.

Blaze looked next to him and saw Nova. Nova only looked at him back and only gave him a shrug. “Dude, you’re doomed,” he commented. “You might have had a chance with Star because you know how she is but what are you gonna do about Big Spice there?”

“I have no clue,” Blaze said. “My only chance of survival is…. Wait, Big Spice?”

“Yeah, it’s a nickname Iris and Camilla got around here,” Nova explained. “Iris is known for Small Spice and Big Spice is Camilla.”

“.... Why?”

“Don’t ask, it’s…. It’s what most of the guys here at school came up with,” Nova said. “Anyways you got bigger problems here than this, right?”

“Maybe so but that still comes into questioning,” Blaze commented. “But yeah, I have no clue what to do. Unless something big comes up that can keep me safe from everyone after m-”

“Attention, morning students.” The intercom in the classroom started having Celestia’s voice. “As many of you have not heard yet, there was an incident that had happened over the weekend to the majority of our basketball team. During a Sunday training after getting permission to do so, someone had waxed the floor to the point where there was too much of it and was still fresh. Most of them…. Ended up having to go to the hospital after taking the first rushed steps. Don’t worry, they are alright now but they won’t be able to compete for the upcoming game against Griffonstone.”

“What are the chances of that happening?” Nova asked. “And more importantly who would wax the floors too much?”

Over in another room, Sunday sat at her desk nervously as sweat poured down her forehead. ‘Oh god! Why did this had to happen!?’ she thought. ‘All I wanted to do was do something nice for Altair and his team! Why am I cursed to do nice things and make them a hundred times worse!? WHY GOD!?’

Back over to Blaze’s class.

“You’re guess is as good as mine,” Blaze said.

“But we are not yet ready to cancel the event,” Celestia said. “We would gladly like to asks students to step up and volunteer to help fill in the spots until the team gets back to their healthy none-broken bones selves again! Sign ups are at the entrance at the gymnasium!”

Nova rubbed his chin for a moment before he snapped his finger. “I got an idea!” he said. “You should join the team.”

“What?” Blaze asked. “Why would I do that?”

“Well it probably take up time and it’ll keep people off of your back after school,” Nova explained. “Not to mention it’ll probably keep Camilla off of your back too.”

“Why would that make her do that?”


“She’s on the cheerleader team and it would make them look bad if she started attacking one of the players,” Nova explained. “Not to mention Sunday would go berserk on her if she even tried. Because you know, Altair and stuff.”

“That…. Is a good point,” Blaze said. “But I’m not even an athlete. How would I be able to do it if I can’t dribble the ball?”

“You wouldn’t even be the only person joining in,” Nova replied. “Just sign up and I’m sure the coach would put you on the defensive side or something and you wouldn’t have to do much. Plain and simple.”

“Well…. I guess it's this or her,” Blaze said as he pointed behind him.

Nova looked back as his expression changed to worry. Camilla had a small doll that looked like Blaze. She held it up before grabbing the head and ripping it off. She threw them into the nearby trashcan before pulling another out and doing so again.

“Where did she get the dolls from?” Nova asked.

“That’s a good question,” Blaze replied. “But I’m too scared to ask that right now.”

“Riiiiiight.” Nova said. “But you’re in right?”

Blaze looked down at his desk for a moment. He let out a weary sigh and looked back up at Nova. “Sure, why not?” he replied. “Besides Altair is on the team and we should at least join in so we can help him out.”

“Good point. I bet he would be glad we came to help out!” Nova said. “Plus I was thinking of joining the team too since I’m dating Jade and wanted to show her how flexible I can be, hehe.”

“And you didn’t need to add that part,” Blaze commented.

“Then we’re in this together!” Nova said. “As long as we have a great team, we’ll be unstoppable!”

After school was over and signing up for the team, Blaze and Nova stood there with the other players. However their optimism quickly dashed away as they saw their other teammates were their friends. Kringle, Jingle and Jangle stood by them in a straight line. Altair and Clyde looked over the team as Altair was the acting captain for the team.

“Hm, I was hoping there would be more players than this after the sign ups were proposed,” Clyde commented. “But we do have one extra person so that’ll help out with changes during match.”

“Alright guys, we have a game to get ready for,” Altair said. “Who here knows how to play basketball?”

None of the guys raised their hands as they all whistled awkwardly.

“.... You gotta be kidding me?” Altair commented. “None of you know how to play basketball? Why did you even joined?”

“To help out our best pal of course!” Jingle answered.

“Because it seems like the basketball team gets a lot of girls,” Kringle answered.

“I came here to make sure my brothers don’t cause too much trouble,” Jangle answered.

“To show the woman I love how strong I can be and dependable to help her family out!” Nova answered.

“I’m running away from my problems,” Blaze replied. “Which is pretty much what I do on a daily basis.”

Altair sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. “This is going to be harder than I thought,” he commented. “It doesn’t matter now. Because today we’re going to train harder than this team has ever trained before. We only have a week before the game starts and we need to act as a team! So are you with me on this guys?”

“Heck yeah! I’m with you all the way, buddy!” Jingle chimed. “Let’s show those Griffonstone guys what we’re made of!”

The other guys agreed with Jingle and cheered one another for training. Just as Altair smiled and felt like things could turn around, Sunday and her cheerleading team came into the gym.

“Alright girls! Time for some practice!” Sunday chimed.

“Sunday?” Blaze asked.

“Blaze?” Sunday asked.

“What are you doing here?” Blaze asked.

“What am I doing here? What are you doing here?” Sunday asked. “I’m suppose to be here! Me and my team practice along with the basketball team every day!”

“I knew that the basketball team gets all the girls!” Kringle said. “Pay up, Jangle!”

Jangle grumbled to himself before he pulled out his wallet and gave Kringle five dollars.

“Where’s Jade?” Nova asked. “Wasn’t she on the cheerleading team too?”

“No, she was just filling in for us,” Sunday replied. “After we won and everything, all of Jazz’s team pretty much came into our group so we have plenty of cheerleaders now! Oh and Jazz as well.”

“Hey!” Jazz yelled.

“So many beautiful women here to cheer us on!” Kringle commented. “I feel the team spirit already!”

“You didn’t answer why you’re here,” Sunday said. “Why are you here?”

“Look, lots of crazy stuff is going on and I feel like some changes in my life are-”

“You’re afraid Camilla is going to kill you, right?”

“Yes, very much yes.”

“Don’t worry! She won’t hurt you at all as long as you’re on the team, right Camilla?”

Camilla walked up beside Sunday and glared at Blaze. “You just watch your ass, Firehead,” she said. “Cause you do something that pisses me off, I’ll quit this team in a heartbeat and beat the living hell out of you!”

Blaze gulped. “Noted.”

Eve walked up from behind Camilla and patted her back. “Easy there, Blaze isn’t fault here,” she said. “How about you go and check up on Star, hm? She hasn’t gotten out of the changing room yet.”

“Grrrr, fine,” Camilla said and walked off.

Eve looked at Blaze as he looked back at her. The two were silent in a long awkward moment. Blaze rubbed the back of his head as Eve twirled her fingers with each other.

“.... Why this is awkward,” Sunday commented. “I mean this isn’t like normal kinda awkward. This is like bad kind of breakup awkward. When two people were in love with each other for so long but then they break up and realized they made a lot of mistakes thinking that they’re love was their true love and-”

Blaze and Eve glared at Sunday.

“..... I’ll leave you two be,” Sunday said before she scooted back.

“So…. How are you doing?” Blaze asked.

“I’m doing good I guess,” Eve replied. “Iris is doing good too if you’re wondering.”

“Ah, that’s good to hear.”

“Maybe you should go ask her yourself when you can,” Eve said. “You know how much she cares about you. It would be kinda jerkest if you didn’t check up on her.”

“I just-“

“Blaze Writer!”

“Ah crap, this again?” Blaze said. He looked behind to see Star giving him a glare.

Star walked up to Blaze. “You knocked me out!” she shouted. “That was a dick move!”

“You were making a scene!”

“I wanted to make a scene!” Star countered. “Now I want to kick your ass for that! So get ready because I’m- ACK!”

Blaze performed the Vulcan neck pinch again and Star fell on her back. Eve blinks as everyone stared at the scene. Blaze flex his hand as he let out a long sigh.

“Mom is going to ground me at the end of the day,” Blaze said.

“..... You gotta teach me that,” Eve said. “Cause that’s pretty awesome there.”

After getting Star back to the nurse’s office and getting the team together, Altair looked at his new fellow teammates and usual friends. He held a basketball under his arm as he gave them all a stern expression.

“Alright listen up guys,” Altair started. “I know many of you outside of Jangle doesn’t really care at all about basketball or anything sports related but this is my passion and I need you guys to give it your all, okay? Just the basics will be fine, you don’t even have to try shooting it. Just give it to me and I’ll play hero ball if I have to. I just need you guys to play defense and move the ball on offense. That’s all I’m asking from you guys.”

The group stared at Altair for a moment before Blaze spoke up. “You don’t have any confidence in us at all, do you?” he asked.

“I do in Jangle since he tears it up on the football field. And Nova does play baseball so he can probably pass the ball well,” Altair replied. “As for the rest of you, no, not really.”

“Ah, that makes sense,” Blaze said.

“Wait, I can just as easily play basketball,” Kringle said. “I know the rules, what the ball looks like and which side our team would be on.”

“But have you actually played the game?” Altair asked.

“..... No.”

“Look, as long as you know your role, you’ll be fine,” Altair said. “Honestly I wish Seryn could join help us but the girls team has a game that day too.”

“She really would be a great addition to the team,” Jingle commented. All the other guys agreed.

“So what are we going to do first, Captain?” Nova asked.

“Learning the basics like passing the ball and dribbling,” Altair started. “I’m not expecting anything fancy like crossovers or bounce passes from you guys but as long as you can keep it simple, we’ll be okay.”

“Sounds easy enough,” Blaze commented.

“Boy this is going to be a lot of fun!” Jingle added.

Altair gave them each a basketball as he stood in place and bounced it with control. He soon walked back and forth as he talked to them while continuing to bounce it. “First off, I need to say certain rules,” he said. “You have to dribble the ball at all times when trying to move with it. Of course you can pass it around but the other team can easily steal it away.”

“That is?” Kringle asked. “That doesn’t sound so hard.”

“I told you it’s basic,” Altair said. “Scoring is the hardest part.”

“I bet I can get some in!” Jingle said confidently.

“Oh yeah? Show me what you got.” Altair passed the ball to Jingle.

Jingle smiled before he dribbles the ball. He ran around the gym for a moment before running up to one side of the court. He turned around and jumped up high in the air shooting the ball out of his hands. The team and cheerleaders watched it fly through the air before reaching the other side and landing inside the net.

“Woohoo!” Jingle chimed.

Everyone in the gym had watched in disbelief as their mouths were wide opened.

“…… Lucky shot,” Nova commented.

“Wow…. That’s pretty awesome,” Altair said. “Jingle, you’ll be the team’s shooter.”

“Awesome!” Jingle chimed. “I won’t let you guys down!”

Blaze looked over to Nova. “Hey Nova, how’s that dream of being a legend in the team going for you?” he asked.

“Shut up,” Nova retorted.

“Alright team let’s get started with basics,” Altair said.

They began practice by doing simple drills as they passed the ball to one another as Altair wanted them to learn quickly how to pass the ball while running around. As they did so, Kringle had the ball and dribbled around ready to throw it to Blaze. However as he did, he looked pass his teammate to see the cheerleaders practicing as well. What really caught his eyes was Sunday as she jumped for a moment with her skirt waving around until showing her underwear for a split second.

Kringle blushed bright red before he throw the ball. But it went off far off from Blaze and went towards the stand. Jazz was filing her nails until she was hit in the head by the ball and yelped.

“AAAH!”

“.... Sorry!” Kringle said.

Altair sighed heavily.

The next part of the training got the boys to shoot hoops. Most of the boys, especially Jingle, were able to get their balls into it. However the only ones that couldn’t get any of their balls in were Kringle and Blaze. Blaze stood close to the hoop and shot away. It bounced off the ring before it went over and hits Jazz in the back of the head while she was stretching.

“AAAH! Again!?”

“..... I’m not sorry,” Blaze said.

After shooting hoops, the guys ran back and forth on the court. Each of them were doing good however Kringle was sweating heavily trying to keep his breathing under control. When the boys came back around for another ran across the court, Nova step on some of the sweat and started to slide across the ground.

“WHAAAAA!” Nova screamed. He slide on one foot trying to keep himself balanced.

The cheerleaders were in the middle of making a pyramid and were about to successful with Sunday on top. Sunday looked over and her eyes widen seeing Nova coming straight towards them.

“OH CRAP!” Sunday yelped.

Nova covered his eyes before he crashed right into the cheerleaders and they fall on top of him. They all moaned in pain as Nova’s arm was the only thing that could be seen from the pile of cheerleaders.

Altair looked at the scene and placed a hand over his face.

During a scrimmage part of their training, Jangle had the ball and he was charging up towards the hoop. Blaze stood in his way as he was about to try stealing the ball from him. But the idea seem fatal as Jangle crashed right into Blaze causing him to fly off.

“AAAAAH!”

Blaze came down and landed on top of Jazz.

“AAAAH! Why is this happening to me!?” Jazz shouted.

Altair pinched the bridge of eyes. “This is really getting on my nerves,” he commented. “Although…. Glad to see we have a tank on the team.”

Later during training, the girl’s basketball team came in and started their warm ups. Before long the two teams were about to go up against one another to help further their skills by the instructions of their team captains. The guys looked at the girls from one side of the court as they were ready to take them on. Seryn was the captain of the girl’s team and stood by her brother.

“You think this is a good idea?” Seryn asked. “I mean this seems kinda unfair. They’re-”

“Oh don’t worry about it,” Altair replied. “I’m sure that my guys can take caution with your team. Alright team, show them what you guys can do!..... And no mishaps!”

Blaze looks across the court and rubbed the back of his head. “This doesn't feel right to me,” he commented.

“Hey man, it’s just an entire team of girls,” Nova said. “Just act like they’re a whole team of boys and it’ll be a lot of fun!”

“Yeah! Let’s go and just have some fun!” Jingle said.

Blaze shrugged before the guys had the ball and the match started. Altair and Seryn watched seeing everything was fine for the first few moments. However their expressions changed to shock as they saw the girls beating the guys horribly. Their expressions changed again to worry as the guys were getting hurt and screaming for their lives. Seryn covered her eyes while Altair gritted his teeth as the screaming continued on and looked away for a moment. After the screaming had stopped, they two looked back to see that the girls had won by fifty-two points while the guys only had two points.

Blaze laid on the ground in pain while Nova was top having a black eye. Kringle was inside their hoop as he struggled to try getting out of it while Jangle was surrounded by the girls finding himself trapped in their admiration and flirting of his strength and stature. Jingle crawled over to Seryn and Altair as he grabbed onto Altair’s shirt.

“T-Those…. Are not girls,” Jingle said. “T-They’re…. Monsters.” He fell face first on the floor and blacked out.

“.... I was trying to say my team is more experienced than yours,” Seryn said.

Altair grumbled before he decided to walk out of the room. Sunday watched Altair with a worried expression. She put down her pom poms and went after him. Altair walked down the hallway feeling irritated from his teammate’s constant blunder and lack of skills. He went up to his locker trying to get in and take some of his gum out. However the frustration was causing him to mess up getting the right combination on his lock. After a moment, he let out an angry growl and punched his locker.

“This is so stupid!” Altair yelled. “What the hell do we still have these locks!? Digital works better!”

Suddenly Altair felt his shoulders being rubbed down. He looked behind to see Sunday looking back at him with a small smile. “That’s a good question,” she said. “It’s easier for you to get in and you can set up whatever passwords you want!”

Altair blinks and smiled a little. He turned around and hugs Sunday lovingly. “Heh, how is it that I can get so angry but you can turn that around so fast?” he asked. “I swear you’re like an angel sometimes.”

“Hehe, it’s what I do best!” Sunday said and kissed Altair’s nose. “I know you can turn this around! You’re the best player here and everyone knows it!”

“I am but I’m just not use to having a team that…. Well, I’m sorry but they just plain suck,” Altair said. “I know Blaze is your brother but-”

“I know, he’s just terrible at it,” Sunday said. “Heck I didn’t think he would go for playing basketball. Then again it was probably the only idea he had to keep Cammy from killing him on the spot.”

“What is the deal with that?” Altair asked.

“Teen drama,” Sunday replied.

“Ah say no more,” Altair said. “I prefer to keep out of that. Since you pretty much give me Sunday drama all the time.” He chuckled.

“Hmph!” Sunday slapped Altair playfully on the shoulder. “You know you like it!”

Altair chuckled. “Anyways, I think I’m gonna end practice short today,” he said. “Cause I don’t think the guys can take much more of it at the moment.”

“That might be a good idea,” Sunday said. “But hey, if you want any help, I would be more than willing to do so!”

“Heh, thank sweetie,” Altair said. He gave Sunday a kiss on the cheek and puts his arm around her.

Sunday smiles as she wraps her arms around Altair. The two walked off as they went off together for the day.

Back in the gym, Blaze had changed into his regular attire and begins to walk off. As he walked out of the gym, he saw Iris was standing in his way. He casually walks the other way and started to whistle nonchalantly.

“Blaaaaaaaze?” Iris said. “Don’t walk away from me like that. It’s kinda jerkest.”

Blaze sighed and turned back to Iris. “You have a point there,” he said. “So…. How are you?”

“Doing kinda good,” Iris replied. “Just was wondering what the boy I’m crushing is doing since he seems to be trying to hide from me like a jerk.”

“..... You’ve become really passive aggressive when you lost your stutter,” Blaze commented. “Look I don’t like to avoid you and Eve it just…. It feels awkward for me.”

“For you? How did you think I felt?” Iris asked. “I was sitting next to you when I realized I had a crush on you. Do you have any ideas what exactly was going through my mind when that happened?”

“E-Eh…. Like-”

“A lot of ideas I didn’t feel comfortable about!” Iris admitted. “But I was able to confront them and handled it like a mature adult.”

“Wait…. Did this happen when we went to the movie sometime ago?” Blaze asked. “You didn’t handle it like an adult! You ran off!”

“Shut up! I was nervous!” Iris retorted. “I handled it like an adult later!”

“Wait, you didn’t tell me you had a crush on me until Eve and you did at the same time weeks later!” Blaze pointed out. “You really didn’t handle it like an adult then either!”

“I said shut up!”

“Anyways…. Fine if you want to talk about it, we can talk about it,” Blaze said. “But can we do it somewhere private?”

“.... The library?”

“The library, yes.”

Iris nods and leads the way. Just as Blaze was about to follow her, he heard once more someone shouting from behind.

“BLAZE!”

“Again!?” Blaze looked behind to see Star.

This time Star had on a full attire of heavy football gear. She marched up to Blaze with a smug smirk and her arms on her hips.

“HA! How are you going to knock me out now!?” Star asked. “Now you’re helpless to my complaints!”

Blaze blinks. He slowly lift his hand and gently pushed on Star’s chest with a finger. She started to fall backwards and fell on her back. She grunted while she tried to get back up but found herself struggling like a turtle on its back.

“Aaah! Ngh! Oh come on!” Star shouted. “That's not fair!”

Iris walked up beside Blaze and looked on with a blank expression. “..... You know this is just going to make her madder, right?” she asked.

“I know,” Blaze said. “It’s just downhill from here…. Still funny though.”

“Agreed.”

Blaze and Iris walked away leaving Star to herself.

“Hey! Get back here!” Star shouted. “I’m not done with you!”

Sometime later Blaze and Iris sat down together in the library. They remained silent towards each other feeling a bit of tension between them. Blaze taps on the table nervously while Iris looked away.

Blaze breathed deeply. “So where should we start first?” he asked.

Iris looked at Blaze. “Well…. How about we talk about you just walking off after we confessed to you?” she asked. “Did you really have to do that?”

“Look the whole thing was a shock to me. What else could I have done?” Blaze replied. “It was one thing that one girl would ask me out but two of them? And that they’re my close friends as well?”

“But Blaze isn’t that a better reason to try dating your friend?” Iris asked. “..... I mean with girls that are your friends not with any of the guys…. Unless of course your ga-” Blaze gave her an unamused expression. “E-Eh, you get the idea.”

“Yeah but if we did date and if things would get bad-”

“Then we would just go back to things being back to the way it was again,” Iris interrupted Blaze. “It wouldn’t kill you to at least give the idea a light dip.”

“No, I prefer not to do that,” Blaze said. “And nothing you would say or do would stop that.”

Iris sighed and looked down. “A-Alright,” she said. “I won’t bother you anymore about it.”

“Thanks…. It’s for the best anyway,” Blaze said. “I really treasure our friendship, Iris. I don’t want anything to ruin that and make things worse between us.”

“Yeah, I guess I know what you mean,” Iris said. She got up slowly and waved at Blaze. “I’ll see later, Blaze. I…. Hope that you have a nice day.”

“You too,” Blaze said.

Iris walks off and went out the back of the school. She went over to the benches over by the soccer field and sat down. She let out a deep sigh looking down at the ground. Her heart felt that it was rip into two as her first crush admitted to wanting to stay as friends. Her hand clenched over her chest as her eyes started to tear up wanting to sob.

Just as Iris buried her face into her hands and cried softly, she heard a voice calling out to her. “Iris? Are you alright?” the voice asked her.

Iris jumped before she looked up surprised from the sudden voice. She saw that it was Jangle as he stood over her looking down at her with worry. She wipes her tears and tried to keep herself composed.

“I-I’m a-alright,” Iris choked. “J-Just h-have s-s-something i-in m-my e-eye.”

“You don’t look like you’re doing alright,” Jangle said. “Do you mind if I sit next to you? We don’t have to talk but I just want to make sure you’ll be alright.”

Iris stayed silent for a moment before giving Jangle a simple nod. Jangle went over and sat next to her. He reached over and pats Iris’s shoulder gently trying to comfort her.

Iris sighed. “I tried to talk to Blaze not too long ago,” she started. “I wanted to see if he was willing to date me and all but…. He apparently sees me more as a friend than someone special.”

Jangle rubber the back of his head. “It sounded rough to talk about,” he said. “But I think Blaze still sees you as someone special. Not that many people seem to get him but I think he’s a simple guy who’s always gets into complicated situations. And instead of trying to overcome them or head first in like most people, he always takes a step back or walks around them. And this was his way of getting around this. Just taking a step back and keep things the way he prefers things to be.”

“..... This is the most I’ve ever heard you talk,” Iris commented.

“Really?” Jangle asked. “I talk when I need to.”

“I can see that…. And I get your point,” Iris said. “I guess Blaze and I have always been better as friends than a couple. Maybe if we did dated it would be fun for a while but…. I guess when it comes to being an actual couple, we’d probably wouldn’t really understand one another. So…. This does sound like its for the best…..”

Iris started to tear up again and sniff constantly. Jangle put his arm over and held her close in a comfortable hug. She buried her face on his shoulder as she cries softly her tears soaking into his shirt.

Back in the library Blaze let out a weary sigh. He hadn’t moved since Iris left as his heart felt broken. A part of himself admitted that he wanted to see how his life would be like if he accepted Iris’s interest in him. But sadly his words about them being together would only lead to possibly even more misery would come true.

‘Now that Iris no longer has a crush on me and thinks I’m a jerk, all is left now is Eve,’ Blaze thought. ‘But…. Why does that feel more hurtful than it should?....’

Just before he could do anything, he heard the doors open once more. He looked up with a raised brow before his eyes widen. He saw Star walk into the library and looked over to him. Her eyes narrowed on him and cracked her knuckles.

“Ooooooh you are so getting it!” Star shouted.

“ Ah ****,” Blaze said.

Author's Note:

Poor Iris. She really got the short end of the stick here. Wonder if Eve is going to have the short end too? And oh boy, looks like Star is meaning business!

Thank you all for reading this chapter!

Next chapter is Dec.15!