• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 3,355 Views, 115 Comments

Blaze of My Heart - BlueSun52



A somewhat normal high school boy goes to the same school his parents, Sunset Shimmer and Soul Writer went. Joined him on his adventures with his friends and sister as he discovers what it means to find that special someone in his life.

  • ...
10
 115
 3,355

Chapter 17

On an ordinary day at school, Blaze walked down the hallway on his way towards his next class. However he was unaware that Star and Jade watched him carefully from around a corner.

Star rubs her chin and looks at Jade. “Are you positive about this, Jade?” she asked. “We can’t make the same mistake twice cause…. I really don’t want to deal with another headache.”

“I promise this time I know what I saw!” Jade said. “I strongly believe that Iris and Blaze are going out!”

“I don’t know, Eve and him had a pretty good connection at FF,” Star said. “And you know how Eve is, she’s like oblivious to the obvious.”

“Yes, that is something I’ve come to notice,” Jade commented. “It is strange how quickly she understands how our world works yet has not the slightest idea about romance.”

“You think she would with her being a princess.”

“Indeed.”

“So what exactly are we going to do?” Star asked. “I mean, how do we break this to Eve?”

“That is a good question,” Jade said. “Hmmm, perhaps we should tell it her directly and make it clear as possible.”

“Got it, I know what to do.”


In the library, Eve looked through some of her books studying up on her homework. She reached over and picked up some pocky that Star got her. She nibbles on it as she loved the taste of its chocolaty goodness and smiled.

Star and Jade walked through the door and immediately saw Eve. Just as they walked up to her, Star picked the book out of Eve’s hand and threw it over her shoulder. She then sat down and pats Eve’s head.

“..... I was reading that, you know?” Eve said. “Something up?”

Jade took a seat next to Eve and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Oh Eve, we have some terrible news,” she said. “I’m not quite sure how to say it but that is why Star wanted to be the one to say it.”

“Um…. Okay?” Eve questioned. She looked over to Star. “What’s up?”

“How do I say this without your heart breaking apart?” Star said. “Let’s see…. Eve, we think that Blaze is going out with Iris.”

Eve blinks. “..... Really?” she asked. “I knew they were close but I didn’t think they would go out. I guess good for them.”

“Oh you poor thing,” Jade said. “Trying to deny yourself that you can’t handle this kind of news. But I completely understand how that must feel.”

“I’m…. Not following here,” Eve said. “I really have no idea what’s going on.”

“And who can blame you?” Star said. “I know why Iris would go after a guy like Blaze. He’s smart, cool, has that humble vibe that I can dig and yeah he’s a bit hot to look at sometimes. Skinny but still hot.”

“Star…. Do you have a thing for Blaze?” Eve asked.

“Whaaaaaat!? What would you give you that idea!?” Star asked. “We’re just friends!”

“.... I believe you, Star,” Eve said. “So you two know that Iris and Blaze are dating?”

“Well that’s what Jade thinks,” Star said. “I think she’s totally over stating the situation.”

“Am not!” Jade retorted. “I know exactly what I saw!”

“Anyways I kinda think the two are cute together but I’m kinda worried about Iris,” Star said. “Blaze always said that he prefered the single life right now and if they’re not dating and Iris is building up towards asking Blaze out…. I’m afraid he might reject and break her little heart.”

“Oh man, that would be terrible!” Eve said. “I would really hate to see that happen to Iris.”

“Oh Eve, always being so selfless even if it means losing your true love,” Jade commented. “But perhaps it is meant to be, after all I’m sure you’ll find your true love someday.”

“.... I’m lost again,” Eve said. “What are you two talking about?”

“Duh, we know you have a crush on Blaze,” Star said.

“Yes dear, it’s why we’re telling you this,” Jade said. “We felt that it was best to let you know since you have feelings for Blaze as well.”

Eve gave the two a long stare. Her cheeks blushed before their words finally reached into her cranium. “WHAT!?”

“SHHH!”

“O-Oh, sorry!” Eve said. She looked back at the girls. “What the heck are you talking about!?” she whispered. “I don’t have a crush on Blaze!”

“That’s kinda hard to believe, Eve,” Star said. “I mean come on, the signs are there.”

“What signs!?”

“I believe I can list them off,” Jade said. She pulled out her phone and tap on her notes app. “Well you two do have in common with studying Equestrian history, love to spend time together and I daresay, he does sometimes check out your rear end.”

Eve blushed brightly.

“..... You made that last part up!” Star accused.

“Well I find it to be true!” Jade said. “Why else would he look at a girl’s back?”

“I don’t know, probably to look where’s she’s going or something?” Star replied. “Why do you presume he would be checking it out anyway?”

“I know what he likes and it is clearly the rear ends of women,” Jade said. “And Eve here has a good, desirable rear end that any boy would certainly seeing.”

“How did this subject change so rapidly!?” Eve asked. “Let’s stay focus on what’s the real subject is.”

“Oh yeah, you having a crush on Blaze,” Star said. “You know, you two would make a cute couple.”

“I certainly agree!” Jade said.

“I do not have a crush on Blaze!” Eve said. “We’re just friends, okay!?”

Eve got thump on the head. She let out a yelp and looked up to see Cheerilee giving her a glare. The three girls gave awkward smiles before they all decided to leave the library.

The three decided to walk down the hallways and continued on their conversation. Eve pinched the bridge of her nose as they kept on saying about her supposive crush on Blaze.

“Alright, we agree that Eve and Blaze would make a cute couple but we also agree that we don’t want Iris’s heart to be broken,” Star started. “So what do you think we should do, Jade?”

“Hmm, personally I think we should leave this up to Eve,” Jade said. “Because it isn’t our decision to make for who should be with who. I say we let Eve here decide on how to express her feelings for Blaze. Unless of course Blaze already chose Iris.”

“If she isn’t, I think Eve should make the first move!” Star said. “What do you think, Eve? You are the one having a crush on Blazey boy.”

Eve’s eye twitched. She looked at the two and gave them a serious expression. “Listen…. I cannot express enough how else I can tell you two this,” she said. “I do not have a crush on Blaze!”

Star and Jade looked at Eve for a moment.

“.... Are you sure?” Star asked.

“Are you very positive about that fact?” Jade asked.

“Yes I am positive!” Eve said. “What else do you want me to say!?”

“..... Say you want to kiss Blaze,” Star said.

“I want to kiss- HEY!” Eve shouted. “Stop it, Star!”

Star laughed.

“Hmhm, I think we had our fun with Eve for now,” Jade said. “Anyways I need to get on going. I have to attend a presidential meeting today and discuss further plans for the rest of the fall semester.”

“Oh yeah, you’re like the school president,” Star said. “Man, we must have been really busy to not have remember that.”

“Good luck on the meeting, Jade,” Eve said.

“Thank you very much, Eve!” Jade chimed. She walked off after saying goodbye to the girls.

“Well I gotta go do some stuff for my next class,” Star said. “Good luck with Blaze and I hope you confess to him soon!” She smiled and walks away.

Eve’s eye twitched and pinched the bridge of her nose. “Ugh, I can’t believe I’m actually technically related to her,” she said. ‘Though I do wonder if Iris and Blaze really are dating? Maybe I can ask Iris about that.’

Sometime later, it was lunch time for the students as they lined up and pick up their choice of food. Eve walked around looking for Iris until she saw her walking with Camilia. She went over to the two and tap on Iris’s shoulder.

“Hey Iris, do you have a moment?” Eve asked. “There was something I wanted to ask you about.”

“O-Oh, sure!” Iris replied. “I would b-be happy to talk t-to you!”

“Heh, I see those treatments are doing wonders for your speech,” Eve commented. “How long has it been since you started?”

“It’s been about t-two weeks but it’s been a-a miracle!” Iris explained. “I never thought I-I would speak like this. The doctor is really g-good at what she does.”

“I bet,” Eve said. “Mind coming with me over to that table for a moment? I just wanted to ask you something.”

Iris smile and nods.

The two went over to a nearby table near a corner of the cafeteria. As Iris and Eve took their seats, Eve looked over to Iris.

“I’ve been hearing a few things from some friends,” Eve started. “And um…. Are you dating Blaze?”

Iris looked at Eve with a blank expression. Her cheeks started to burn red with embarrassment and nervousness. “W-What!?” she cried. “What are you t-t-talking about!? That’s just crazy!.... Y-You’re crazy!”

Eve blinks. “I’m…. I’m not sure…. Anyways, I’ve just heard a few rumors is all,” she said. “Don’t worry, it’s not being spread or anything. It was just between me and a couple of other friends.”

“I-Is it Star and Jade?”

“..... Moving on.”

“Knew it.”

“So you’re not dating Blaze then?” Eve asked.

“N-No! W-Why would I be d-dating Blaze!?” Iris panicked. “I mean it’s not like I-I got a crush on him or anything! A-And not trying h-hard to avoid him just because he makes me f-feel so weird on the inside!”

“....”

“.... Okay fine, I have a crush on him!” Iris admitted. “I don’t know why though! I mean he is nice but I-I just always saw him as more of a friend than a-a…. Boyfriend.”

“Iris, I think you might be overthinking this a bit,” Eve said. “When you think about it, I can see how you would have a crush on him.”

“Y-You do?”

“Well yeah, he’s sweet, smart, admittedly handsome and he’s certainly someone you can hang around with,” Eve said. “I know he can be a serious guy and be a loner a lot of times but overall, he’ll always be there for anyone if they really need him. So I couldn’t really blame you for having a crush on a guy like that.”

Iris stares at Eve for a moment. She scratch the side of her head and tilts it. “Eve, d-do you have a crush on Blaze?” she asked. “B-Because it sounds like you have a c-crush on him.”

Eve’s eyes widen. “What? Why would you ask that?” she asked.

“It just sounded like you have a thing for him too.” Iris replied. “And you did seemed like you had plenty of fun with him at the dance.”

Eve groans. “Why does everyone seem to be saying that to me today?” she said. “Look I think Blaze is a cool guy and he’s fun to hang out with. But I do not see him that way.”

“..... I don’t believe you.”

“Oh shut up.”

Iris giggled for a moment before letting out a light laugh. Eve rolled her eyes before she couldn’t help but join along Iris’s laughter. The two stop laughing before there was an awkward tension between them. Eve tap on the table before looking back at Iris.

“So…. What are you planning to do about Blaze?” Eve asked. “Are you going to tell him?”

“I don’t know,” Iris replied. “I-I guess I’ve kinda gotten over b-being nervous around him now but I’m mostly afraid that h-he’s going to reject me.”

“Yeah, that’s what we were afraid of too,” Eve said. “Blaze did say he wasn’t interested in having a romantic relationship right now.”

“That is true,” Iris said. “If only there was a w-way to see if we c-can see if he was i-interested in dating. At least with me.”

Eve rubs her chin for a moment before she snaps her finger. “I know someone for the job,” she said.

A few moments later, Eve and Iris were at the presidential office as Eve knocked on the door. Jade opened the door and looked at the two confused.

“Eve? Iris? What brings you two here?” Jade asked. “I don’t believe you two ever come by here in ever.”

“Well you were right about Iris having a thing for Blaze but you were wrong about Blaze dating Iris,” Eve said. “But that’s not the point I’m trying to get across here. Iris here needs some help and we’re hoping that you would help since you have experience in this.”

“I would be delighted to help!” Jade said. “So what exactly do you need me to help out with?”

“I-I was hoping that you m-might be able to help found out if Blaze was i-interested in dating me,” Iris explained. “I’m not s-sure if it might make things a-awkward with our friendship.”

“Oh don’t you worry about that, Iris dear,” Jade said. “Blaze is a perfectly fine gentleman and I would believe he would be interested in dating you….. Or maybe Eve.”

“Stop that!”

Jade giggled. “But I can see where you are coming from,” she added. “So what we’re going to do is very simple. We need to get Blaze interested in you!”

“Interested in me?” Iris asked.

“Yes! And there are many ways to make that happen,” Jade explained. “First things first is that we should change your outfit into something more appealing to his eyes.”

“What’s wrong with the way I dress?”

“It’s not that there's anything wrong with it and simply because you need to improve upon it,” Jade clarify. “After all Blaze has seen you in such similar outfits and it make him see you as an ordinary person. Thus we have to catch him by surprise and make his eyes pop out!”

“I-I suppose that does make sense,” Iris said. “But I’m still getting new hoodies that I want.”

“That is your preference, my dear. But I plan on making you stand out among everyone else!” Jade proclaimed. “Now come with me and we’ll see what we can do.”

“Maybe I should rethink this- EEP!”

Jade hurriedly pulled Iris with her out of the room. They soon came into the fashion club’s room as Jade had Iris stand on a small podium. She looked around Iris for a moment, carefully checking her figure out and running several combinations of outfits for her. Iris stood still as she blushed and felt nervous. Eve walks into the room with a blank expression.

“Hmmm, yes, yes I can already see what kind of outfits you’d wear,” Jade said. “Maybe something that’ll compliment your features quite nicely but wouldn’t necessarily draw too much attention to them.”

“I… I’m not s-sure what you mean but I-I also think that it wouldn’t b-be anything embarrassing to wear.” Iris said.

“I promise it wouldn’t be anything revealing or embarrassing, dearie,” Jade assured. “It’ll simply be a change that’ll greatly make your appearance more attention grabbing!”

“I’m not sure if- EEH!”

Jade pulled a curtain to block from unwanted attention as she was striping off Iris’s clothes. All that could be seen was the silhouette as Jade grabbed some clothing, fabrics, measuring tapes and scissors. Eve watched as her cheeks blushed and decided to keep watch at the door. Just as Jade had finally finished dressing Iris up, she pulled the curtains out of the way to show off her new attire.

Eve looked back at Iris and her eyes widen. “Woah, Iris! You look really good in that!” she complimented. “That’ll certainly get some attention!”

“Heh, thanks Eve,” Iris said. “This is going to get Blaze to go out with me?”

“Oh no, this is just a small part of this plan,” Jade said. “We need to broaden it more and get the idea in Blaze’s head! And this is where Eve comes in!”

“Wait, what?” Eve asked. “What about me?”

“It’s just a simple part for you,” Jade said. “What you need to do is go hangout with Blaze. While you’re with him, you can talk him into the idea of trying to go out once more! And suggest that he could possibly see his options among some of his friends.”

“That…. Actually might work,” Eve admitted. “He and I are really good friends so he might be opened to the idea if it came from me. If it was Star that was suggested that to him, he would feel that she was simply messing with him.”

“She does know how to pull his strings well,” Jade said. “Course than again, it isn’t much of a challenge for me either, hmhm.”

“I can be able to do that no problem,” Eve said. “I’ll see what I can do and convince Blaze into the idea of dating again.”

“Thank you s-so much, Eve!” Iris went up to Eve and hugged her happily.

Eve smiles and hugs Iris back.

As the end of the school day came, Eve walked out the front door along with her fellow classmates. She looks around for a moment before she saw Blaze heading over with his sister, Sunday towards the parking lot. She hurried over to the two before calling out to Blaze.

“Hey Blaze!” she yelled. “Wait up!”

Blaze and Sunday looked back and waited on Eve.

Eve walked up to the two and looked at Blaze. “Hey Blaze, do you have any plans today?” she asked. “I was thinking we could hangout if you want.”

“Oh uh, sure I don’t mind that,” Blaze said. “Hey sis, do you mind telling mom that I’m going with Eve today?”

“Yeah I can do that,” Sunday replied. “I wish I can come along too but you know, I’m still on super groundation.”

“Still? It’s been like more two weeks,” Eve said. “How long is it supposed to last?”

“That is a question I would like to know,” Sunday said. “Dad was really ticked off about finding out me and Altair are dating.”

“You did bring it upon yourself since you didn’t mention it to him,” Blaze pointed out. “I mean yeah he would have been pretty upset about it then but I’m sure he would have let you date him…. Probably with restrictions and a chain ball.”

“What would be the difference between now and then!?” Sunday inquired.

“I… Guess the chain ball would have been a bit looser?” Blaze guessed. “I’ll just leave you to deal with it.”

Sunday groans before she walks away.

Blaze shrugs before walking along with Eve. “So where are we going anyway?” he asked.

“I was thinking somewhere different today,” Eve replied. “Maybe we could go to the comic book store together or something. Was a bit interested in some of those superhero comics and wanted to try them out.”

“Sure I can be down with that,” Blaze said. “Been a long time since I’ve went to a comic store.”

“Cool, you mind leading the way?”

Blaze nods and he leads the way while Eve followed behind.

Sometime later Blaze and Eve had finally arrived at a comic book store. They walked inside to see several comics, merchandise and a couple of arcade games. They also saw some of their fellow classmates also inside the store looking around.

“Huh, so this how a comic shop looks like,” Eve said. “It looks clean and well organized.”

“Yeah, the owner here does a good job,” Blaze commented. “So what was it that you planning to get?”

“I planned on getting a graphic novel called Nimona,” Eve answered. “About a Shapeshifting girl helping a bad guy who isn't really bad to take down a good organization that does shady work.”

“Huh, that sounds interesting,” Blaze said. “I was thinking of getting a Star Trek comic. My mom and I watched the reruns together ever since I was little.”

“Awwwe, you’re just part of one big sci-fi family,” Eve commented.

“Yup, one big sci-fi family…. That occasionally fight one another upon fanbases,” Blaze said. “Which happens every couple of weeks or so.”

“Hmhmm, the eternal battle between Star Wars vs Star Trek.”

“Oooh you have no idea.”

Eve snickered.

“So anything else you wanted to get or are you done here?” Blaze asked.

“Yeah, I think I got what I wanted,” Eve replied. “Hey after this, would you like to get some ice cream? It is nearby.”

“Sure, that sounds cool.”

“Sweet! It’ll be my treat, okay!”

“Sweet.”

After paying for the comics, Eve and Blaze went off towards the Sugarcube Corners. They sat together at a booth while they waited for orders until they were served their ice creams. Eve had ordered a black raspberry flavored while Blaze ordered a vanilla one.

Eve smiled as she takes up her cone and licks on it. She licked on it happily as her attention was on it.

Just as Blaze took up his cone and a few licks into his ice cream, he looked up at Eve for a moment. ‘Huh…. She’s really cute when she licks like that,’ he thought.

Eve kept licking until she looked up at Blaze. “Um…. Is there something on my face?” she asked.

“What? Um, no sorry,” Blaze replied. “My mind went blank for a moment.”

“O-Oh, heh, right. Sorry,” Eve said.

“No, it’s alright. I’m the one just staring at you for no reason....” Blaze said. ‘Why am I staring at her? Geez, I’ve been doing the same with Iris lately,’ he thought. “So how are you enjoying your ice cream?”

“I-it's really good! Black raspberry has always been my fav,” Eve replied.

“Heh, vanilla has always been my fav as well.”

“Huh, that's cool. I didn't know that.”

“So how have you been doing?” Blaze asked. “I bet with being a cheerleader now it must be hectic.”

“Actually it’s been calmer than usual,” Eve replied. “I kinda thought it would get crazy with Sunday being grounded and the girls would try doing something like breaking her out every night but so far…. No we haven’t. But besides that it’s been nice and quiet, you know?”

“Surprisingly yes. And at least you girls won that cheerleading contest,” Blaze said. “..... And then the part that Jazz revealed to the entire school and in front of dad that Sunday was dating Altair.

“Yeeeeeah that was....A thing.”

“Oh yeah.”

“How's that going?”

“She ain’t going anywhere any time soon,” Blaze said. “Mom and Dad are still arguing on how long Sunday is going to stay on super groundation. Dad said it’ll last till she graduates.”

“Ooooh, that's rough,” Eve commented. “And…. Very unrealistic punishment.”

“Yeaaaaah.”

“I hope she get through it ok,” Eve said. “I feel bad for Sunday, she can't help who she loves.”

“I know that but you need to tell that to my Dad,” Blaze said. “If anyone needs to understand that, it’s him at this point. Do I think Sunday should have just kept it a secret with just Altair and the rest of didn’t know anything until she was in the clear? Yes. Do I blame her for falling in love with a guy who she had a crush on since kindergarten? Yes too because who the heck falls in love in kindergarten?”

Eve chuckled. “That would be Sunday,” she commented. She smiled for a moment but seeing as how they were on the subject of love, she believe this was what she needed to get Blaze into the idea of dating. She casually drinks down some of her melted ice cream and looked at him. “Hey, Blaze?”

“Yeah, Eve?”

“I know what had happened with you and Jazz was terrible but um…. It’s been more than a year since that happened,” Eve started. “Maybe it might be time to try out dating again or be more open to the idea of dating.”

“..... Eve?”

“Yeah?”

“Did Star and Jade put you up to this?” Blaze asked. “Because I swear I’m gonna-”

“N-No! No! No! I swear this is all me!” Eve explained. “I just think that maybe you should give it a try again. I mean, you are sweet to be around and any girl would be lucky to be with.”

“Really?” Blaze asked. “Geez, this is like coming out of the blue.”

“Maybe a little but it’s also coming from a place where as a friend, I want you to be happy,” Eve said. “I’m not trying to force you into anything you would be uncomfortable with but I think you would certainly enjoy being with someone close.”

“I don’t know, I have haven’t given it a thought for so long,” Blaze said. “Who would even be interested in me anyway? It’s not like there’s a girl wanting to date me anyway right now.”

‘Oh you are so oblivious to what girls want, Blaze,’ Eve thought. “Then if that’s the case, why don’t you just keep yourself open to it? Who knows, you might have caught a girl’s interests without realizing it.”

“Well…. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to be open to the idea,” Blaze said. “Besides like I said, there isn’t any girls that would be interested in dating me anyway so it wouldn’t matter that much.”

“You’ll never know,” Eve commented. “But I’m glad you’re opened up to it though.”

“I’m not completely into the idea but I can think about it more,” Blaze said. “Oh, there was something I was hoping to ask you about.”

“What is it?”

“Have you noticed something strange going on with Iris lately?” Blaze asked. “Because everytime I try to talk to her, she becomes…. Avoidant. Not to mention she looks away from me a lot whenever we’re close. Like during the times I was able to be with her at her therapy sessions she completely avoids talking to me. It’s incredibly weird.”

“I-I’m sure it could be nothing,” Eve assured. “Who knows, maybe she’s finally seeing how much of a nerd you really are, hehe.”

“Haha, very funny,” Blaze said. “I just hope she’s doing alright. I have to admit she’s very cute to look at.”

The moment Blaze said those last words, suddenly Eve felt her heart hurt. She couldn’t think why though even when she knew that this was something that would help her friend. But something in her was stirring. Something that was making her feel conflicted with Blaze’s statement.

“Y-Yeah…. She is very…. Cute,” Eve said. Without even realizing, she was making a small frown.

Blaze looked Eve with a raised brow. “Are you alright?” he asked. “You seem…. Kinda sad now.”

Eve blinks. “H-Huh? O-Oh, uh, I don’t know,” she said. “I’m mean I’m doing okay just…. I think I need to head off home. I’ll see you later.”

Eve gets up before grabbing her bag and heads out the door.

Blaze watched with confusion and worry as she walked out. “Oh man, I…. I hope I didn’t say anything bad,” he said. “What did I said to make her upset like that?”

Eve walked on the sidewalk by herself as she made her way home. She couldn’t explain why she suddenly was acting like a part of her was just hurt. A simple comment from a close friend complimenting about another close friend. She shakes her head trying to keep herself focus and her mind clear.

‘What is wrong with me?’ Eve thought. ‘Why did Blaze calling Iris cute made me so awkward all of a sudden? And why did I just feel so weird? Like what he said just made me feel…. Jealous? Wait, why I would be jealous of Iris all of a sudden?’

Eve stop walking and thought for a moment. She thought deep into her mind trying to figure herself out. Then images of her and Blaze together at the dance. She remembered how close they were and liking every moment of it. Being held in his arms and nuzzling under his chin feeling the warmth of his body. However a new thought came to her that didn’t happen at the dance but something she wanted to do. She imagined looking up at Blaze and slowly leaning in towards him. Her eyes widen in the real world as her imaginative self’s lips touch his in a tender display of her affection.

Eve stood there with a dumbstruck expression as she looked like a statue. “Oh my god,” she started. “I…. Have a crush on Blaze too…… WHAT THE-!”

Author's Note:

Woo! Eve now knows her true feelings! What's this going to mean for Iris? Find out next time!

Next chapter is on: Nov. 3!