• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 3,368 Views, 115 Comments

Blaze of My Heart - BlueSun52



A somewhat normal high school boy goes to the same school his parents, Sunset Shimmer and Soul Writer went. Joined him on his adventures with his friends and sister as he discovers what it means to find that special someone in his life.

  • ...
10
 115
 3,368

Chapter 10

Days had past since the incident at Griffonstone High. Most of the gang recovered well despite what had happened. However a few of their friends weren’t recovering as well as they had hoped.

Iris had became even more reclusive as of late and shivered at the thought of being tied up. She at times wanted to simply sit on with Camilla alone and far from the anyone else from the school. At other times, she wanted to be close to Blaze as she could as he was her first friend and felt comfortable around him.

Eve was shaken by the experience and felt uneasy. She’d been grown into a world where she was completely safe with her mother and father in their own crystal castle. Now the realization had hit her that her title was meaningless and her mother was nowhere to be seen in this world. Furthermore her magic was gone and the idea that if she had been cornered like she was again, she feared it would be much worse.

Jade felt a bit vulnerable after the ordeal. Just thinking of what would happen if the gang haven’t rescue her and the girls and failed to retrieve the trophies, losing her hair caused her to have nightmares. And the fear of whatever horrid things could have done to her. However she did find comfort with Nova and Kringle as they did their best to make her feels safe whenever they’re not fighting over her. Of course, she did like it when she was being fought over.

And Star became less energetic and playful. Most of her time had been spent quiet and reclusive. Her heart ache with grief, regret and anger after what had happened to her and the others. She made a fist while it shook with anger but she quickly hid it under the table and continued with her silence.

The group were all in the cafeteria and mostly talked to one another. Feeling that she didn’t want to be around with so many people, Star got up and walked away. Sunday watched seeing Star leave the cafeteria. Worried about her friend, Sunday got up and quietly followed her.

After a few moments, Sunday saw Star walk into the gymnasium and peaked inside. Star took off her shirt to show she had a tank top under it and went up to a punching bag. She punched at the bag trying her best to let out her frustration. Each time Star punched however it only fueled her anger more and soon enough, the last punch threw the bag back and exhausted her.

Sunday twirled her fingers before she walked out. She went up to Star slowly from behind and coughed to get her attention.

“S-Star?”

Star looked back before she let out a sigh. “Hey, Sunday…. You need something?” she asked. “Kinda wanna be alone right now.”

“I get that and I would leave you alone but…. I feel like there’s something wrong with you and I want to help,” Sunday said. “I mean we’ve been friends since we were babies.”

“Sunday…. Our entire friendship group pretty much started out when we were all babies,” Star explained. “But…. I guess I do need someone to talk to.”

“Well, I’m more than happy to listen!” Sunday said. She sat down on the bench and patted a seat for Star. Star went over and sat next to Sunday.

“It’s just…. Everything that happened when we tried to prank those Griffonstones and everything went badly, I felt so…. Helpless,” Star explained. “I wanted to help and lead! Then one thing after another kept on making it worse and worse!”

“Well, it does seem like we mess up everything when we’re together,” Sunday said. “.... That actually makes me question why we hang out together.”

“But everything went from bad to horrifying! I got kidnapped right under my nose so easily like the others and was tied to a chair! I’ve been learning self defense classes since I was seven!” Star said. “And what made it worse was that I couldn’t do anything to comfort Iris when she was crying! Sunday, she was terrified for her life and it hurts me to see my friends so scared like that!”

“Yeah… She barely talks now even more than usual,” Sunday said. “But Star everything is getting better. I mean, we’re safe, we beat those guys up and it looks like your brother is getting more confident around Jade!”

“I guess so…. But this whole thing made me realize that I’m useless,” Star said.

“Star, you’re not useless! You’re my friend and you’ve always been there for others when they needed you!” Sunday pointed out.

“But what about when they need help but they won’t let me in?” Star asked. “This isn’t just making me feel terrible but it’s making realize a few things that happened. Like…. I tried so hard to help Blaze when he was humiliated at the dance. But he just…. Blocked me and everyone else that were trying to help. He didn’t even talk to anyone for weeks after that. I was glad to hear that Jazz got in trouble with the principal and she was never to attend another dance again but she deserved more than just that after what she did.”

“I get that, Star. I know how you felt about Blaze,” Sunday said. “At home he would just lay around in bed and watch tv or barely play games. It just… broke my heart seeing him like that. But at least he's doing better now!”

“Yeah, no thanks to me. Most of the time, he just found me annoying and we’ve been the closest of friends,” Star said. “Sometimes I feel like…. he's leaving me behind. Not wanting to be friends with me anymore.”

“I see…. Star, you should talk to him about this. It's clear that you two have unresolved feelings towards one another that need to be fixed,” Sunday suggested. “Whether it be platonic, romantic or sexual desires that need to be fulfilled.”

“..... I'm pretty sure it's platonic,” Star said. “But yeah, you're right. I should go talk to him. But the way everyone is right now and how Iris is cling to him, it's kinda hard to bring it up.”

“Why is Iris like that with him?” Sunday asked. She thought for a moment before something pop in her head and gasped. “Maybe she has a crush on-!”

“No! I'm not going through that again!” Star shouted. “Jade and I got so round up in who wanted to go out with Blaze, we had massive headaches from the guesses! We even thought of stuff that didn't make any sense!”

“Oh…. Alright, I'll drop it then,” Sunday said. “But hey! Maybe I know a way for everyone to get better!”

“What's that?”

“How about we throw a super sleepover!? We invite everyone and we can all hung out for the whole weekend together!” Sunday suggested.

“..... Sunday….. I love it!” Star chimed. “It's perfect! Everyone can have a good time together, snack on food, watch movies and play games! That might be what we need to recover from all this! And I can host it too! We’ll have it at my place!”

“Awesome! This'll really be fun!” Sunday said.

“Yeah! Let’s see what the others think!” Star said. She got up and went out the door while Sunday followed.

The two made it back towards the group and told them their idea. After a few arguments about having boys and girls in the same slumber party while others countered them wanting there to be a mix slumber party, they agreed and set to have one during the weekend. Soon the weekend had came and everyone was making their way. At Star’s and Nova’s house, they were preparing for their friends to come on over. They had set up a game console in the living room, sets of horror and comedy movies and laid out snacks and meals on the kitchen table. One by one, each of the gang came to the house with a bag of clothing.

Once everyone had settled, they gathered around the living room. On the table were board games, video games and movies to choose from. Star stood in front of the table as she smiled brightly.

“Alright, guys! Time for this super extra fun slumber party to start!” Star announced. “Now we got a few rules going on in the house. Our folks are upstairs and they agreed that they would just leave us be during the night. But they told me that we can’t do anything funny and since we’re all mature teens here, we all know what that means.”

“I want to agree with you on that but I feel like half of us don’t understand what you mean,” Blaze said.

“What? Are you going to suggest that some of us are either stupid or manipulative?” Kringle asked. Everyone in the room looked at Blaze.

“Well, I pray that you are manipulative cause then you would be stupid,” Blaze replied. “I believe that’s what they call a burn.”

“Oooooooh! You got served!” Sunday said.

“Sunday dear, please keep your mouth closed,” Kringle said before he looked at Blaze. “You just plain shut up!”

“Moving on, I’m just gonna say what my mom told me to say,” Star said. “Guys and girls don’t hold hands, we don’t get five feet from one another and if any of you guys gets near me, say goodbye to your manhoods.”

All the boys of the group stared at Star with blank expressions. They all sweated and gulped.

“And my dad told me to ignore all of mom’s rules. She’s a bit overprotective,” Star finished with a giggle. “He says just have fun and keep things tame.”

“Alright, that sounds good,” Altair said. “Guess we just snack on some stuff and just all do whatever we want.”

“Let’s party!” Sunday chimed.

All at once, everyone jumped from their places and went for the table. After countless arguments over what movies to watch and games to play, they all decided to play games first before watching horror movies together. The first game they decided to play was rock, paper and scissors. Unfortunately Sunday had a hard time understanding the rule of the game.

“Okay Sunday, I’m going to explain this to you one more time,” Seryn said. “Rock beats scissor. Scissor beats paper. And paper beats rock. You understand that now?”

“Yes! And I’m going to be paper!” Sunday said. “Because nothing beats paper!”

“..... Scissor beats paper.”

“Oh…. Then I’ll be scissor!”

“..... Let’s just start,” Seryn said.

Sunday and Seryn held their hands out. They bob them three times before making shapes of what they wanted. Sunday made scissor hand just like she said and Seryn made a rock hand.

“Rock!? How could I forget about rock!?” Sunday said. “It’s like everything in this game can beat one another!”

“That’s the point of the game!” Seryn said. “How is it that you can make straight As in math but yet you can’t understand the simple rules of a kindergarten game!?”

“They’re both different!”

“That shouldn’t matter!”

Everyone in the group watched as the argument continued on. Some of them snickered while others laughed out loud. Blaze however was the only one not laughing as he only shook his head.

“How is she my sister?” Blaze asked himself.

The group moved on to a new game and sat around the living room in a big circle. There was a bottle on the floor as it spun around. It kept going until it landed on Eve.

“Oh Eve, it landed on you!” Jade said. “Truth or Dare?”

“Hmmm, I think I’ll take dare,” Eve said.

“Alright, I dare you to write something embarrassing on yourself with a permanent marker,” Jade said. “It can be put down under your clothes.”

“Heh, alright I can do that,” Eve said. She stood up and went off to get a marker. After doing so, she went to the bathroom and closed it. She came back out and sat back in her seat as smirked. “It is done.”

“Excellent! It is your turn, dear,” Jade said.

Eve went over and spun the bottle. It went around for a moment before it landed on Iris.

“Iris, Truth or Dare?”

“I-I p-pick t-truth!” Iris replied.

“Is there anyone in this room that you think is good looking?” Eve asked.

Iris blushed and almost hid inside her hood. She looked around to see everyone was curious about her answer. She pulled her hoodie over and quietly replied. “Y-Yes….”

“I think we all know who that person is,” Kringle said. “And that would be me no doubt, right Iris?”

“..... No,” Iris bluntly replied.

“.... Man, she didn’t even stutter,” Kringle said. “That’s so harsh.”

Iris went up and spun the bottle around. It kept on going until it landed on Blaze. Blaze thought for a moment and shrugged.

“I’ll go for dare,” Blaze said.

“I-I d-dare you s-stick y-your h-hand i-in the t-t-trash c-can a-all t-the way up t-t-to t-the e-elbow,” Iris dared.

Blaze looked over to the nearest trash. He went over to it and pushed his hand down until it reached around the elbow. He smirked at Iris.

“..... T-There’s n-nothing i-in it?” Iris asked. Her reply was a simple nod from Blaze. “D-Darnit!”

Blaze went over and spun his turn. The bottle moved round and round until it landed on Star. She smiled brightly and stood up proudly.

“I choose dare! Give me your best shoot, Blazy boy!” Star challenged.

Blaze rubbed his chin for a moment before he smirked. “Put on that frilly dress your mom got you last year for prom.”

Star’s eyes widen and her expression turned into horror. “Y-You monster!” she yelled. “Please anything else but that! I can go streaking instead!”

“Blaze, for the love of God, do it!” Kringle said. “This is your chance, man!”

“Blaze, don’t you dare tell my sister to streak!” Nova said.

Blaze shook his head and looked at Star. “My dare still stands,” he said. “Now go dress up.”

Star narrowed her eyes on Blaze before giving a defeated sigh. She went upstairs for a few moments before coming back down. Everyone looked and their expression went blank. Star had on a pink, frilly dress while there was a big bow on her back. It was small showing off most of Star’s legs and having puffy shoulders. She looked both mad and embarrassed as everyone stared at her. All at once everyone laughed at her.

“SHUT UP!” Star shouted. She went to the bottle and spun it rapidly. It kept on spinning on and on as time went by. Almost ten minutes had past before it landed on Kringle.

“Awesome! I choose truth,” Kringle said. “You may ask me anything you want, me dear. I have nothing to hide.”

“Have you ever kissed any girls in this room?” Star asked with a smirk.

“..... The harshness continues on,” Kringle said. He lets out a sigh. “No, I have not kissed any woman here in this group.”

Star snickered evilly.

The bottle once more spun and it landed on Jade. Kringle blinks before he looks at the bottle and her again. He smiled brightly.

“Alright, truth or dare?” Kringle asked.

“Hmmm, since so many took dare, I’ll take dare as well!” Jade replied.

“I dare you to let Jingle give you a makeover!” Kringle dared.

Everyone stared at Kringle for a moment before they looked at Jingle. Jingle had a bright smile on him as he held up a makeup kit.

Jade blinked. “I… I did not see that at all,” she said. “I suppose he would be good at- Ack!”

Jingle went up to Jade and started going over her face. He applied several forms of makeup on her. There was so much powder that went up in the air, nobody could see what he was doing. He paused and made a small square with his fingers. He inspected Jade for a moment, before he grabbed lipstick and puts it on Jade’s lips. He moved out of the way and everyone could see her face.

“Ta da! My absolute perfection!” Jingle said.

“Oh my god…..” Nova fell over and went out cold.

“Wow….. Just…. Wow,” Eve said in awe.

“So….. Damn fine,” Camilla said as she drooled a bit.

‘Must…. Resist….. Making a comment!’ Blaze thought.

“...... Jingle, please lower the beauty down before everything goes wrong,” Star said.

“But I love people fighting over me!” Jade said. “It shows how irresistible I am! Someone bring me a mirror so I can see myself.”

“Jingle, now!”

“Awwww, fine,” Jingle said. He went over to Jade and undid his makeover. Soon Jade’s face was back to normal. She looked around for a mirror and looked at herself.

Jade made a pout. “Awww, I wanted to see what I looked like,” she said.

“Alright, I think we had enough of this game,” Star said. “Feel like moving on to another game, guys?”

“Let’s go and watch a scary movie already!” Sunday said.

“Good idea! I’m just gonna go change into my pajamas real quick,” Star said. She went up stairs.

“Oh! Wait for me! I want to change as well,” Jade said as she went along with Star and carried her bag.

One by one, each girl went up with Star and started changing. All the guys went to the few bathrooms in the house or waited for the other to finish changing. Soon enough, all the gang changed into various pajama outfits. The last one to come downstairs was Jade. However all the guys looked at her and blushed madly seeing her in a revealing nightgown that showed off her belly and panties.

“Hmhmhm, I like it when you all stare at me like that,” Jade said with a wink.

Nova and Kringle blushed red as blood before they both fell over unconscious. Most of the girls shook their heads while most of the boys tried to keep themselves under control.

Star’s brow twitched. “Jade, we talked about this over the phone the other day,” she said. “You’re too good looking for all the guys to see most of you like this.”

“What could I say? I like to be a tease~” Jade said.

Star rolled her eyes and she puts in a movie. She went over and turned off the lights. Everyone sat close to the tv while the movie played. Time went on in the movie and everyone was tense from the gory scenes they’ve seen so far. In the movie, a woman slowly opens the door.

“Don’t open the door, you idiot!” Sunday shouted.

“S-She’s s-s-still d-doing i-it!” Iris said.

Bursting through was a bloody furred werewolf. The woman screamed before the werewolf attacked her tearing her apart as blood sprayed on the walls. The group screamed as each of them tried hiding or grabbing the person next to them. Jade shook as both Kringle and Nova held her tightly. Sunday and Seryn hid under the covers of their sleeping bags while Rhoda hid in the closet. Iris held Camilla as she held onto her. Star and Eve held onto Blaze as he held onto them and Jingle held Jangle. Jangle was the only one that wasn’t affected by the scene and ate some popcorn. Altair came back to the room and let out a relieved sigh.

“Well I’m back from the bathroom,” Altair said. He looked around and saw everyone trying to hide. “.... What did I miss?”

As the terror had washed away from everyone, they all calm down and continued on watching the movie. Star still clinged onto Blaze. He raised a brow and looked at her.

“Um, Star? You could let go now,” Blaze said.

“.... Naw, I’m good,” Star said. “Besides, your arm is comfortable.”

“Please let go. It’s making me uncomfortable,” Blaze said.

“Me? Make you uncomfortable? How?” Star asked as she lets go of him.

“You just do, alright?” Blaze replied and looks back at the movie.

Star looked down for a moment and gripped her hands “....Blaze can you help me in the kitchen for a sec? I might need some help getting snacks.”

“Um.... Sure, I guess.” Blaze stood up and went with Star into the kitchen.

Star double checked to make sure everyone was still watching the movie. She glance back at Blaze and glared at him. “.....Since when have you ever felt uncomfortable around me just by holding your arm?”

“What? Look Star, I just feel uncomfortable when people just hang onto me like that.”

“It's not just that. You're like a completely different person now a days. Like what the hell? It's like anytime I do something or even talk to you, it feels like you cringe a little!”

“It's complicated, okay? It has nothing to do with you.”

“Nothing?!” Star gripped the counter tightly. “It has everything to do with me! My friend, My best guy friend mind you, suddenly doesn't wanna be around me as much anymore?! Am I just that horrible for just wanting him to stop being so moopy and aloof all the time?! Well here's a fun fact Blaze Writer, shut me out when a friend of mine is upset is tearing me apart! I feel like garbage!”

Blaze was taken back by Star’s words and felt hurt in his chest. He remained silent for a moment before he spoke up. “Star, I'm.... I'm sorry.... I just.... I'm trying to be myself again. Maybe that'll never happen but I'm trying.... I was so hurt what Jazz did to me and I've been shutting you all out just so I could think. I'm sorry, Star....”

Star had tears in her eyes as she just wiped them away. “It's okay.....If anything I should've been a better friend and tell it to you straight......H-hehe.....I've been off my game l-lately you know....” She covered her face

Blaze looks at Star for a moment. He walked over to her and held her close him. “Star, you were.... Are my best friend. I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

Star held Blaze tightly for a moment. “It's just.....been building up. Being pushed away by you, failing to come up with a decent plan on Griffionstone and getting caught......I couldn't even comfort Iris......I'm just lucky this sleepover didn't blow up in my face yet given how much of a failure I've become.”

“Star.... You're not a failure. You did everything right from the start. I'm an insensitive jerk, our friends can be a bit of loose cannons and when has the last time any of our plans worked out? We're lucky to be alive at this point.”

“Right......Hehe.....beating up that Dex kid was kinda funny though,” Star admitted.

“Yeah.... That was fun to listen to as he screamed,” Blaze said.

Star giggled a little. “Yeah.....but even still. I'm gonna grow stronger! Next time we do a plan, I'm doing the saving around here when I bust out those karate moves of mines! Stands on the counter and smile brightly And I'll help you get back to your old self again and you'll be all like "Star, your incredible! The Coolest girl in the universe might I add. And the way you play your electric guitar, I could listen you all day!" she said trying to sound like Blaze.

Blaze rolled his eyes and smirked. “I don't sound like that.”

Star jumped down from the counter and smirked back. “Yes you do........ *Gasps* You smirked!” Star hugged Blaze tightly. “The Blaze I know is coming back to me at least! This calls for celebration!”

“GHAA!” Blaze tried to wiggle out of Star’s hug. “Aren't we already at a party?”

“Oh yeah.....” Star drops him. “Then we must dial it up a notch! I'm making cake!”

“Oh alright, that sounds nice.”

“Mmhmm! But on a serious note....... Thanks for talking to me again.... Is there anything else on your mind about the whole Jazz thing or anything at all? I'm here for you.”

“Maybe there's one thing but.... Maybe not now. I don't feel like talking about with so many people here.”

“Fair enough, we've already had a mini Soap opera here in the kitchen. Maybe tomorrow in my room once everyone leaves?”

“Sure.... I would like that. Like old times.”

“Yeah. Just like the good old days,” Star said and she smiled.

Blaze made a small smile. “Heh, pretty much.”

“Hmmm.....Maybe I should make Aster a cake too since he didn't make it. I feel bad for leaving him out of stuff.”

“Well he is little and.... Well you saw what Jade was wearing.”

“True. Hmph, hogging all the attention. Bet if I wore something hot, I could outshine her.”

“Please don't,” Blaze said with half-lid eyes.

“I'm competitive! And I can't help it if I want guys to fight over me too!”

“...... Never thought you would say that.”

“What? I'm not really begging for it but some admirers would be nice,” Star said. She simply shrugged.

“I guess I can see what you mean,” Blaze said.

“Okay. More chatting tomorrow! Time to make something! Out of the kitchen!” Star pushes Blaze out.

“Woah!! Alright, sheesh!” Blaze said. He heads back into the living room and sits next to Eve.

Eve looked over to Blaze. “What was it that Star needed?” she asked.

“She needed an opinion on what cake we would all like,” Blaze replied. “Did I miss anything?”

“You miss a bit but not that muc- EEEEK!”

Everyone screamed as another horror scene occurred.

Upstairs in a bedroom, a lavender-skinned woman having dark blue hair with two shades of pink in her hair was reading her book. The sudden screams made her jump and looked at the door with concerned. She rubbed her chin before she started to get up until her husband spoke up.

“Twiliy, leave them be,” Zero said as he laid on the bed. “They’re just watching a horror movie down there.”

“I just can’t stand it anymore, Zero! Nova and Star are downstairs with a mix of their friends of both genders!” Twilight said. “And they’re still teengers! You know how their hormones are like during their age!”

“Trust me, I know too well what’s that like,” Zero said. “But we trust our kids, do we?”

“I trust them!” Twilight said. “It’s just…. I don’t know, I just feel like this could be a big mistake.”

“Honey, relax. They’re still kids and I’m positive that they just want to have fun with their friends,” Zero said. “I very much doubt that anything bad will happen from this night.”

“I…. suppose you’re right,” Twilight said. She lets out a defeated sigh and puts down her book. “I think I’m just going to sleep night. Goodnight, Sweetie.”

“Heh, goodnight, Honey.”

Zero and Twilight gave each other a peck on the lips and turned off the lights. After a moment of silence, Twilight spoke up.

“Do you think they will hear us if we have a little fun?” she asked.

“.... Yeah, I think they wouldn’t~”

Back downstairs with the group, the movie had finally ended and most of them were shaking from the constant horror scenes. Star came back into the room and brought in a large pan of cake.

“Okay guys, the cake is ready!” Star said.

Everyone were in awe and their fears went away. They gathered around and got each a slice of the cake. The group hung together and talked to one another to pass the time. As they enjoyed one another’s company, they started to get sleepy from the long party and went into their sleeping bags. Star slip into her sleeping bag and hopped over next to Blaze. Blaze got in his sleeping bag and looked at Star with a small smile. Star smiled brightly before she laid her head down. She closed her eyes knowing that her friendship with Blaze began to be rekindled and couldn’t wait for him to spend time with her the next day.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! Next chapter will be posted on July 28th!