• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 3,356 Views, 115 Comments

Blaze of My Heart - BlueSun52



A somewhat normal high school boy goes to the same school his parents, Sunset Shimmer and Soul Writer went. Joined him on his adventures with his friends and sister as he discovers what it means to find that special someone in his life.

  • ...
10
 115
 3,356

Chapter 19

The weekend once again befallen on the Writer household as many of the family members were free from their usual duties. Soul sat on the couch with his wife, Sunset as the two cuddled and watched the news together. Blaze laid on his bed looking up at the ceiling as his mind was reflecting back to certain events in his life unfolding before him. And Sunday….

Sunday looked out the window of her room seeing the outside world she once knew. Her eyes streamed with tears with her mind dwelling on one person. Ever since her groundation had begun she had missed out being with Altair every weekend for their dates. She sniffs and wipes away her tears with her seemly endless supplies of tissues. After blowing her nose into it, she threw over to a growing pile of tissues and pressed her face against the window.

“Damn you, Jazz…. Damn you to hel-.... Well no, I’m not that mean,” Sunday said. “Hell certainly doesn't need her for a long while.” She sighs heavily and looked over to a picture of Altair. “Why?.... Why is it that I finally confess my love, got my love and everything was going good until that was taken away and I’m grounded for simply loving too much?.... JUST WHY!?”

Soul and Sunset looked up after they heard their daughter’s outcry. Sunset looked over to Soul with a raised brow.

“So…. How much longer is our daughter going to be grounded?” Sunset asked. “And when are you going to accept that she’s with a boy and we should at least let them date as long as we chaperon?”

“Well I suppose I can say- NEVER!” Soul replied. “I’m not giving in just like that! She’ll stay like that until she graduate college!”

“Oh my god, do you even hear yourself!?” Sunset asked. “This is exactly what your mother would say!”

“Stop bringing my mother up!” Soul said. “That is totally unfair in this fight!”

“Good! Because you’re wrong!” Sunset pointed.

Soul groans.

Just as the argument could go any further, the doorbell suddenly ranged. The two froze in place as they looked at the door for a moment before getting up. They went up towards the door and opened it to see a young looking woman standing there. The woman had pale orange skin, blue sky irises and long, spiky white hair. She wore a white long sleeve shirt, black skin tight pants and long boots. She looked at the couple with a wide smile and surprised Soul with a tight hug.

“WHAA!” Soul yelped. “N-Novel!?”

“Hey, big bro!” Novel said. “So glad to see you again!”

“I-I’m glad to see you too but what are you doing here!?” Soul asked. “Aren’t you supposed to be at your college campus?”

“Well I was but our teach got hurt in an accident and in the hospital,” Novel explained. “So it could be a week or two before our lessons be back on. Until then, he set up some lessons online so we wouldn’t be behind and we could go back to our families. That’s why I decided to hang here for a while!”

“W-Well this is a surprise,” Sunset said. “You could have at least let us know you were coming here.”

“Hehe, sorry sis but I just wanted to surprise you guys instead!” Novel stated. “Besides you guys always have that guest room empty so I know where I can stay out in.”

Sunset rolled her eyes and smiled. “You’re always welcomed here anyway, little sis,” she said. “Need any help getting your stuff in?”

“Yeah! Big bro can take them all in the room!” Novel chimed. “You and I have so much to catch up on! Not to mention all the latest gossips I’ve been picking up on!”

“Ooooh! This I have to hear about!” Sunset said. “Honey, go get your sister’s stuff and I’ll be entertaining her!”

“But wait, how much is-!”

Novel and Sunset walked leaving Soul at the entrance. Soul groans before he walked out and saw Novel’s car parked behind his. He mumbled before he opened the back of it and saw several suitcases and bags.

Soul’s eye twitched. “Every damn time she comes,” he commented. “Every. Damn. Time.”

After a while of visiting with Sunset and giving her all the latest gossips of her collage, Novel went upstairs to greet her favourite little niece. She opened the door and walked with a bright smile. “Hey there, little Sunny!” she greeted. “How’s are you…. Doing…. Huh?”

Novel could see the sad display of Sunday on the floor curled up in a ball. She had a picture of Altair in her hand as streams of continues tears came out of her eyes. Novel blinks and rubbed the back of her head.

“Woah, what the heck happened to you?” Novel asked. “You looked like you got dumped.”

Sunday sniffed. “I might as well be because I can’t be with the one I love!” she said. “This stupid groundation is killing me! Why can’t I be with my sweet Altair!?”

“Wait, Altair?” Novel asked. Her eyes widen and she let out a gasped. “OMG! You’re finally dating him!? I’m so proud of you!”

“But now I can’t do much about it!” Sunday exclaimed. “Dad found out and now I’m grounded for whatever how long! I can’t go anywhere during the weekend and can’t go hang out after school! I barely get to spend any time with Altair!”

“Geez, seriously?” Novel asked. “Of course my bro would do something like this. He’ll never admit but he’s totally like mom.”

“Why do you guys keep saying that?” Sunday asked. “Grandma seemed nice whenever we visit her.”

“Trust me, she’s mellowed with age,” Novel explained. “She was a freaking she-demon when I was growing up. It was like. “Novel! Don’t go out with boys!” “Novel, you’re not going out pass ten!” “Novel, stop flirting with the newsboy all the time!” Geez! I just talked to him for one minute!”

“.... But you still went out with him.”

“Yeah, but not after the first time I flirted with him!” Novel retorted. “Look I know first hand what it’s like to deal with overprotective crap. Mind telling your sweet Aunt how you got into this mess?”

Sunday nods and started to explain how she got into being on super groundation. She explained how she finally got the chance to dance with Altair and becoming his girlfriend, the two started dating in secret, the events that led to her time forming her own cheerleading team and how Jazz revealed the whole truth in front of everyone including her parents. Sunday went on to explain how the groundation had affected her life of not only spending time with her lover but her friends as well. She stop talking and looked over to Novel.

Novel looked at Sunday with wide eyes and blinks a few times. “Wow, just…. Wow,” she commented. “That has got to be the most romantically and tragically long story I have ever heard of. And I have a friend who goes out and gets dumped all the time.”

“Right!? And it’s all because of my stupid dad!” Sunday said. “Why can’t he just let me have this!?”

Novel pats Sunday’s back. “Well he’s your dad for one thing,” she said. “And I guess I know where’s he’s coming from. I wouldn’t just want my kids going around and hiding their dates behind my back.”

“Yeah…. I guess I should have told him sooner about it,” Sunday admitted. “I was just too scared to let Altair go after everything I had to go through to finally be with him.”

“I know little Sunny, I know,” Novel said. “But let’s not get too hooked on this right now. We got some planning to do.”

“Planning for what?”

“What any girl like yourself would do in these situations,” Novel replied. “We’re gonna sneak you out and let you spend your day with your boyfriend!”

“Wait, what!?”

“What kind of Aunt would I be if I just let you be miserable?” Novel asked. “Besides I’m working on a love novel for my class and I could use this as a good source!”

“..... Alright then I’m in!” Sunday said. “I really appreciate you doing this for me!”

“No problem, kiddo! We Writer girls have to stick together!” Novel said. “Now I know exactly how we can sneak you out.”

“Really? How?”

Later that night, Novel and Sunday walked downstairs together as they went towards the front door. Novel opened up the door and walked out of the house with Sunday. The two went into her car before Sunday looked at her confused.

“Um…. Wait, that was it?” Sunday asked. “You’re not going to tell anyone a lie about you going to see some friends while I try sneaking out of the house?”

“Sunday, if there’s one thing I’ve learned from sneaking out of my home is that why make things complicated to something that’s pretty easy to do,” Novel said. “Plus I’ve already got him distracted.”

“By what?”

“Sorting through my novels,” Novel replied. “By best to worst.”

“How bad are they?”

“They’re all my bad ones. But he’ll have to read through them to find out which one is worse than the others.”

Inside Soul’s study room, his eyes twitched as he looked through several of Novel’s novels. He flips each page skimming over them as the frustration was going through his head. “This is just…. How can she even…. WHAT THE HELL!?” he shouted. “They’re all terrible! How am I supposed to sort through all this mess!?”

Sunset looked at Soul with half-lid eyes and shook her head. She looked outside seeing Novel and Sunday driving off. She simply shrugs before she walked out of the room to go watch Star Trek.

Altair sat on his bed as he let out a sigh. He looked through his phone to find what very little enterimant he wanted for the night. Though he had wished that it was spent spending time talking to Sunday over the phone or even a face chat with her. But because of her father’s strict rules, she couldn’t have her phone during the weekend which put the two in a great conundrum. Just as he was about to play one of his app games, he heard a knock on the window. He looked over with confusion which turned quickly into surprise when he saw Sunday waving at him with her usual bright smile.

“Sunday!?” Altair chimed. He went over to the window and opened it letting her lean in to hug him tightly. He smiled and hugged his sweet girlfriend back before giving her a kiss. “What are you doing here? Are you finally off of being grounded?”

“Nope! But my Aunt helped me sneak out of the house!” Sunday said. “Oh I missed you so much! It’s been almost forever since we last saw each other!”

“Well we did spend some time yesterday where we snuck out of our classes to makeout in the library,” Altair pointed out. “But I definitely know what you mean. Where is your Aunt anyway?”

“She’s waiting down at the ground!” Sunday said.

Altair looked over Sunday’s shoulders to see Novel waiting for them. She looked up and gave him a lazy salute.

“Yo, what’s up?” Novel asked.

“Doing good,” Altair replied. “You?”

“Just being an awesome Aunt right now,” Novel answered. “Now let’s get you two love birds some place to have some fun!”

“Awesome! Just give me a few minutes and I’ll be out the front,” Altair said.

“Sweet!” Sunday said.

“You know, you could have just as easily knocked on the front door,” Altair pointed out. “No one here would have stop us from going out tonight.”

“Yeaaaaaah but Auntie thought it would be romantic this way for her novel,” Sunday replied. “Was under the impression she was going to let things flow naturally. Oh well.”

Altair shrugged and went off to gather some of his things.

Sunday went down towards Novel and smiled brightly. “This is so awesome!” she commented. “You’re the best Auntie in the world!”

“Hehehe, like I said. We Writer girls stick together,” Novel said. “But if we’re really doing this, let’s change your outfit to show your rebellious side. I think I got something in the trunk that could help out.”

“Sweet!”

Altair came out of the front of his house and walked towards Novel’s car. Just as he was getting close, he saw the back door open and Sunday step out. He stop to see with shock and awe at what she was wearing.

Sunday dawned on a black vest over a white sleeveless shirt. Her pants were crimson having some torn holes on them with a teal belt around her waist. Finally that went along with her outfit was high heel black boots. She smiled having her hands on her hips and making a pose in them.

“What do ya think?” Sunday asked. “Like the all new Rebel Sunday?”

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t!” Altair answered. “You look amazing in that!”

“Hehe, glad you like it!” Sunday said. “Now let’s get have some fun!”

Altair went over to Sunday and kissed her lips lovingly. Sunday kissed him back before the two went inside the back of the car. They all drove off as they went towards the city part of the town.

Back in the Writer’s household, Soul let out a grunt as he took a break from Novel’s novels. He went into the kitchen and grabbed himself some water and a sandwich to snack on. Sunset walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table looking at her husband.

“Soul, we really need to talk about Sunday,” Sunset said. “I think this has gone on long enough.”

Soul rubbed his eyes before looking at Sunset. “Are we on this again?” he asked. “Honey, I know I’m right about this. Sunday is-”

“A lot like you,” Sunset interrupted. “I know why you would think this way and would want to do anything to keep her safe.”

“Sunset, I-”

“Soul…. There isn’t a day that’s gone by that I worry about Sunday,” Sunset confessed. “She’s excitable, she can be reckless at times and has way too high of social skills that really need to be taken care of. But she’s our daughter and we’ve raised her from the beginning of her life. We always told her what was right and wrong and worked damn hard to help her be the young lady that she is today. I’m not saying she’s going to be the perfect woman. Even I’m not that perfect. But she certainly needs room to grow and we need to do what we can to make that room for her to do so. Maybe her having a relationship with Altair is a sign that he could be what she needs to keep growing. And if things do go bad for her while they’re dating, we’ll certainly be there to care for her and help her back on her feet. I don’t believe she would walk out of the house like you did with your mother but I know that there’s going to be a time in her life that she’s going to have to make a choice. Either she stays here and slow down that growth just so we could keep her here longer…. Or we could repeat history and she would choose the one she loves.”

Soul looked at Sunset with a blank expression. He couldn’t find the words how he felt at the moment nor would his mind help him find the words. He slowly looked down remembering all the things that had happened during his teenage years and how his relationship with Sunset helped him grow up to be the husband and father he is today. He took a deep breath and gulped down his pride before reaching out holding his wife’s hand.

“You’re right…. This whole thing is crazy and I’m not being a good father right now,” Soul admitted. “I’m still not comfortable with this but…. I can allow her to go out and date Altair. But we need to be supervising and she can only go out with him if we allow it for a time being until we feel she can handle dating on her own.”

Sunset smiled and gave Soul a peck on the cheek. “Good, I can agree to that,” she said. “We can tell Sunday the good news tomorrow.”

“Right…. You know what? Let’s tell her now,” Soul said. “I’m actually excited to see her smile at me once more. She hadn’t smiled much since this whole thing started and now we get to help make her wish come true!”

Sunset’s eyes widen and her forehead sweated with nervousness. “S-She could be asleep right now!” she said. “It is getting late and-”

“I’m pretty sure what we’re going to tell her would make her happy enough to stay awake for a few extra minutes!” Soul said. He got up and went towards the stairs.

Sunset panicked and tried blocking Soul from the stairs. “Wait!.... I’m feeling very horny tonight!” she shouted. “And I really need you to ride me like a horse! Right now!”

Soul’s eyes were wide as he stared at his wife. Sunset simply stood in the way as sweat poured over her forehead and blushed. The two then noticed that their son Blaze was upstairs as he looked at the two. His face showed no reaction whatsoever as Soul and Sunset looked at him with bright blushes. Blaze lifted a finger and tried to say something before he shook his head and walked back into his closing the door.

Soul and Sunset looked at one another. Soul’s mind started to click and the only time his wife would ever act like this is when something was amiss. He squinted his eyes at her and leaned in close. “What’s going on here?”

Sunset gulped. “Um…. You might think this is funny but…. Novel may have snuck Sunday out of the house,” she admitted. “She’s probably taking Sunday to see Altair right now…. So yeah, that’s the deal.” She gave him a sheepish smile.

Soul’s irises slowly shrunk as his blood boiled with rage. He took a deep breath and spoke in a soft irritated voice. “Sunny, would you mind leaving me the living room for a moment?” he asked.

Sunset nodded before swiftly running up the stairs.

Soul walked into the living room before he took in a deep breath and just as he was about to shout to the heavens, the nearby church’s bell went off drowning out the loudest profanity anyone has ever shouted. In the neighbor had heard his outcry as they all stood still frozen in fear and horror. One of the neighbors poked their head out of their window.

“Dear Lord! That’s the loudest profanity I’ve ever heard!”

Back with Altair, Sunday and Novel, they drove through the bustling streets of Canterlot’s entertainment district. Novel drove off towards the side of the street and let the two out onto the sidewalk.

“Alright, you two have some fun!” Novel said. “Do whatever you want! I’ll be hanging out with some friends down by a nightclub.”

“Oh! Can we go with there?” Sunday asked. “I always wanted to go into one of those!”

“Sorry kid, adults only at the place,” Novel replied. “But when you first turn twenty one, I’ll be more than happy to take you there sometime!”

“Awesome!”

“Now you kids have fun while I have some fun of own! Later!” Novel drove off leaving the two to themselves.

“You’re aunt is pretty chill,” Altair commented.

“Yeah, she’s the best and awesome!” Sunday said. “Especially since she brought us together for the night!” She leaned in and kissed Altair on the cheek.

Altair chuckled and held Sunday close. “Hehe, indeed,” he said.

“So what do you think we should do first?” Sunday asked. “There’s so many stores to try out!”

“I’ll let you pick first since you’re the one grounded.”

“Sounds fair enough!” Sunday looked around the area. She could see several stores opened for business and looked interesting to her. However she couldn’t decided on what she wanted to do or go to as she rubbed her head in confusion.

“Heh, can’t decided what to do?” Altair asked.

‘Yeah…. So many places to go for,” Sunday replied.

“Hmmm, we can go and eat some pizza,” Altair suggested. “That pizza place over there looks good.”

“Oh, that sounds awesome!” Sunday said. “Let’s head off!”

Sunday giggles as she hurries off towards the pizza parlor. Altair smiled as he ran along with her inside the building. The two were sitting down at a booth as they waited for their meal. Sunday munches down on beard enjoying the taste of it.

“Oh man, this is so tasty!” Sunday said.

“Yeah! It really is,” Altair said. “I actually never was here before.”

“Me neither! This place is so far off from where everyone is!”

“We’ll definitely have to come back if the pizza is great!”

“Totally! And we should bring every else too! I bet they would love it!”

“Indeed.” Altair eats another piece of bread.

“So how have you been doing?” Sunday asked.

“Football has been great and so has Basketball, and now I get to spend time with my biggest fan.” Altair smiled at her. “I have no complaints.”

“Hehehe, I’m happy to hear that!” Sunday cuddles up to Altair. “And I get to cheer you guys at every game! Thank god mom convinced dad to let me still cheerlead.”

“Yeah, That would’ve been unfortunate to not have you there anymore,” Altair said. He puts his arm around her and rubs her back.

Sunday smiled while she blushes. She laid her head on his shoulder and looks at him lovingly. “You’re the best, baby,” she said.

“I’m happy you think so,” Altair said. “I’m just a regular guy trying to make his girlfriend happy. smiled.”

“You’re certainly not a regular guy.” Sunday leaned and gave Altair a peck on his lips.

“Heh... thank you Sunday.” Altair kisses her back

The waiter came by and gave them their plate of hot steaming pizza and drinks. Sunday looked at the pizza and her eyes sparkled as she looked at it with awe.

“So yummy looking!” Sunday picks up a slice and bites it. However her eyes widen with tears as her face was bright red. “HOT!”

Altair laughed. “You knew it was going to be hot!”

“It was too good looking and I forgot!” Sunday fans her mouth before she grabs her drink and gulps down as much as she needed. She pants for a moment and sighs. “Ooohh…. That’s much better.”

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m okay now.”

“You need my soda to help you more?” Altair asked.

“Naw, I’m good. I think I got it cool enough,” Sunday said. “But thanks for offering!”

“Just making sure,” Altair said. He smiled and began eating some slices of pizza.

Sunday waited a few moments before she took another bite. “Mmmh! This is really good!” she said.

“I’ll say! It might be my new favorite pizza,” Altair said.

“Mine too!”

“What should we get into next after we devour this pizza?”

“Hmmmm…. We could go out shopping,” Sunday replied. “We can get whatever we want!”

“Sure, shop wherever you want,” Altair said. “I’ll follow you.”

“Awesome!”

Altair smiled and ate some more.

The two finished their meal together as they gone around some of the stores. Sunday tried out several different outfits that complemented her personality and style. She had bags of clothing as she skipped happily with them.

“You’re about as excited with new clothes as Jade is,” Altair laughed.

“I’m mostly happy because I get to spend time with you today!” Sunday explained. “I thought I would be gloomy all weekend long until we saw each other again at school!”

“Heh, you can thank your aunt then,” Altair said. “She helped you out a lot.”

“I so am!”

“What time is it anyway?” Altair asked. “I wouldn’t want you to get in even more trouble if you’re caught sneaking out and being out late.”

“Oh right! I should probably call my aunt to pick us up!” Sunday picks up her phone and calls. “Hey Auntie?….. Auntie?…… Hello?”

Sunday could hear music in the background but Novel wasn’t responding until she heard a hiccup.

“Hic! Heeeeeeeeey Sunny! How’s my funny little girl doing?” Nove asked.

“We’re doing great! We just-”

“That’s so greaaaaaaaat! I’m just here with my buds drinking the night away!”

“:….. Drinking?”

“Oh hellsh yeah! I can barely feel my brain!”

“….. But you’re still good to drive right?…. Auntie?”

“Zzzzzzzzzzzz……”

“.......” Sunday faced palm.

“Guess she’s drunk?” Altair asked. “That’s college girls for you.”

“Please tell me your parents can pick us up?” Sunday asked.

“Hmm... They should be able to,” Altair replied. “I’ll call my mom since she’s probably with my dad.” He pulled out his phone and started to call his mother.

“Hello?” Rarity answered.

“Hey Mom, are you and dad doing anything right now?” Altair asked. “Because Sunday and I are kinda stranded across town since our ride, Sunday’s Aunt, is drunk and since I don’t have my car, we don’t have a ride home.”

“.... Of course, I will be on my way right now,” Rarity said. “Is Dear Sunday’s Aunt with you two?”

“Nope. She’s at the nightclub still”

“Oh dear…. I’ll come and pick you two up and I’ll talk to the Writers about what to do.”

“Uh... that might be an issue. Sunday technically isn’t supposed to be out tonight.”

“…… I’ll talk to Sunset about it then.”

“Good choice.” Altair chuckled.

“I will be there shortly,” Rarity said.

“Thanks Mom.”

“It is of no problem, honey,” Rarity said. “But please do be careful when sneaking off with a girl.”

“Yeah, I know,” Altair said and laughed. “But you must admit it’s always fun to do stuff secretly.”

“Hmhm, I can certainly admit to that,” Rarity said. “Well I will be there shortly.”

“Alright see you then,” Altair said. He hung up and looked at Sunday. “She’s coming to pick us up.”

“Oh thank goodness!” Sunday chimed. “I thought we would be in big trouble.”

“As long as my mom can talk with your mom, we should be okay,” Altair said.

“Yeah, that would be a huuuuuuuuge relief when that happens!”

Sometime later, Rarity had picked up Altair and Sunday. They soon drove off back towards the Writer’s household. Sunday cuddled up to Altair as she hugged him lovingly and kisses him deeply. Altair had his arm around her as he smiled through the kiss.

Rarity looked up at her rear view mirror and smiled seeing her young son being in love with Sunday. She giggled quietly remembering her time with Clyde as it brought back romantic memories of the two together. As she daze into her mind, she failed to realize at the last second that she saw someone in the front of the Writer’s home stood there. Her happy expression quickly turned into a nervous one as she gulped.

“S-Sunday dear?” Rarity asked.

“Hmm? Yes, Mrs. Rarity?”

“U-Um…. Your father-”

“Oh don’t worry! I’m sure he hasn’t noticed yet that I’ve been-” Sunday looked out her window and to her shock and horror seeing Soul stare back at her as the car parked on the side. “AAAAH!!”

“And we were so close too…” Altair commented.

“You. Are. In. SO MUCH TROUBLE!” Soul shouted. They could see the veins appear on his forehead.

“….. Eep.” Sunday meeked.

“Um…… We had nothing to do with this!” Rarity quickly kicked Sunday out of the car and drove off fast.

“AAAH!” Sunday yelped.

“Mom!” Altair shouted. He watched out the window as they sped away.

“I’m sorry, honey!” Rarity said. “But I’m positive he would kill you! Sunday will be just fine!”

Altair sighed. “It was such a good night too... And look how fast it went south.”

Sunday shook her head and got on her knees. She looked up at Soul as he glared at her. She made an awkward smile and waved at him chuckling nervously. “Hi, Daddy,” she said. “..... Auntie Novel is drunk at a nightclub.”

Soul reached down and pulled on Sunday’s ear forcing her to stand up.

“OW! OW! OW!”

A few moments later, Sunday sat on the couch looking down at the floor with a guilty expression. Sunset had left to pick up Novel from the nightclub leaving both her and Soul together in the room where she was helpless to whatever punishment or lecture he was going to give her. He looked at the window staying quiet as he thought through what he was going to do next with Sunday.

Sunday’s eyes peaked over to her father contemplating to himself which only made her more nervous. Her thoughts ran regretting everything she had done for the last few hours. Her worst fear was that he would force her to break up with Altair and that he very well send her off to another school. Possibly at Crystal Prep since he can pull a few strings from his friends to make it happen. Her mind kept racing back and forth between her worst fears and seeing her father upset with her.

Sunday took a deep breath and instead of waiting on her father to speak to her, she knew that she had to be the one to speak up first. “D-Dad?” she started. “C-Can I please say something to you first? Before…. Before whatever you want to say to me?”

Soul looked back at his daughter for a moment. He sighed before he nods and sat down on a chair.

“I know…. I know that I screwed up tonight,” Sunday said. “It was bad for me to go off like that and I’m really sorry about it. I-I just wanted to spend time with Altair so much and I thought I was willing to do anything for him…. But now I see that it was wrong.”

Soul raised a brow.

“All I did was selfishly sneak out of the house just so I can spend time with Altair even knowing that you didn’t want me to,” Sunday said. “I…. I should have just did what you wanted. I should have done that so I can show you how much Altair really meant to me and that I was willing to put with being grounded. Dad…. I know I’m too young to know these feelings but I truly do believe I care about him and I want to spend as much time with him as possible. Even if you tell me to break up with him and send me to another school, I know my feelings for him will never change. But seeing how upset you’ve been and making mom worried is too much for me to bear. So…. I’m willing to put up with any punishment you want for me and I won’t do this ever again….”

Soul looked at Sunday as she was on the verge of crying. Seeing her eyes teared up with sadness and sniffling. He sighed before he got up and went over to her giving her a gentle hug. The hug caused Sunday to be surprised and felt her body tense up.

“Sunday…. What I did was just as much wrong as what you did,” Soul admitted. “This is my fault.”

“W-What?”

“I can yell at you and tell you to break things off with this boy acting like this never happened in the first place but that’s not how it's going to happen,” Soul said. He sat down Sunday as he rubs her back. “I know I made a few mistakes when I was young.”

“A few?” Sunday asked.

“Okay fine, a lot of mistakes,” Soul admitted. “Like when I ran away from my mom and started living with Sunset. It was the worst feeling I’ve ever felt and knowing how much I hurt her made even it even worse. Which is why I’m glad that in the end it got better when we talked. Which is something I should have done with you sooner. So…. I’m willing to take you off of groundation and let you still date with Altair.”

“R-Really? You mean it, Dad?” Sunday asked.

“I do, there shouldn’t be any reason why I shouldn’t let you two date each other,” Soul replied. “But you’re going to go by some rules from here on out and I’ll say when they’ll be drop knowing that you both are ready to go on your own, alright?”

Sunday smiles and nods. “Okay Dad, I promise!” she said. “So does this mean that I’m not in trouble anymore?”

“Well you’re still in trouble of sneaking out that’s without question,” Soul said. “You’re grounded for two more weeks and that’ll be it.”

“Oh…. I guess that’s fai-”

“And that your mom will be bringing you your homework because you will be homeschooled for those two weeks.”

“Oh come on!”

Soul chuckled. “I’m just messing with you, sweetie,” he said. He gave her a peck on the forehead. “I love you, my goofy little princess.”

Sunday giggles and hugged Soul happily. “Love you too, daddy,” said said.

Soul hugged his daughter back lovingly.

Once more the Writer family have overcome another troubling obstacle and their bonds are stronger than ever. Sunday now is able to date her boyfriend, Altair and with the guidance of her father, it may blossom into a beautiful relationship.

On the way home, Sunset grunts as she drives Novel back home with her being in the back seat. Novel burps before her cheeks puffed out and puked on the floor. Sunset looked back with disgust and pinched the bridge of her nose.

“God, I really hope things are better back home,” Sunset said. “Because I really need Soul to give me some relaxation.”

Author's Note:

Woohoo! Things are finally going good for our Sunday! Now lets hope Blaze can get through his problems!

Next chapter is on Dec. 1!