• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 3,356 Views, 115 Comments

Blaze of My Heart - BlueSun52



A somewhat normal high school boy goes to the same school his parents, Sunset Shimmer and Soul Writer went. Joined him on his adventures with his friends and sister as he discovers what it means to find that special someone in his life.

  • ...
10
 115
 3,356

Chapter 24

One day on the road, Blaze and Eve were together in the back as they eagerly awaited arriving for their first official date as a couple. Sitting beside them in the back, Sunday looked out through the window looking around all that she could see of the town they were driving through. Soul was in the driver seat driving the car and was admittedly excited for the convention they were going to. Sitting in the passenger side, Sunset was looking through on her phone about the current events going on in the convention.

“Hmmm, this is interesting!” Sunset commented. “They have a Star Trek section next to the Star Wars section! Seems like we get the best of both worlds, hmm?”

“Yup! This is going to be awesome!” Soul replied. “But I am so decking out as Darth Vader when we get close to it!”

“Dad, can you please not wear that?” Blaze asked. “This is Eve and me’s first date and I like it to stay as normal as possible…. Besides all the crazy stuff we’ll be seeing.”

“Blaze, I love you and respect your wishes on most days but this is not one of those days,” Soul explained. “On days like this, it’s where I need to let my inner nerd powers out for the world to see! It’s how I usually get by the day.”

Sunset blinks before she narrowed her eyes at Soul.

“.... Besides you and our kids, Honey,” Soul added with a sheepish smile.

“Nice save, Dad,” Sunday commented.

“Quiet you.”

“Are Twilight and Zero still behind us? I think they might be way behind us,” Sunset said.

“I’m sure they’re still on the same path as us,” Soul said. “Zero usually is good at keeping up whenever he’s driving.”

“I think I saw Twilight driving the car,” Eve pointed out.

“..... Oh boy,” Soul said.

Over in the Gravity’s car, Twilight felt frustrated as she tries to get back on the right path.

“Oh for crying out loud!” Twilight complaint. “I think my directions app isn’t working! It keeps changing directions and getting us further away from the convention!”

“Don’t worry, Twiliy, I got this,” Zero said. “I’ll use mine and hopefully it’ll be better.”

“Alright, good idea,” Twilight said. “Where should I go now?”

“Just one second…..”

“.... Zero, I need directions now!”

“Hold on! It takes time to get the right directions!”

“But we’re in the middle of a traffic road! I need directions now or we’re gonna-!”

“Oh dang! We missed the turn!”

“Oh come on!”

“Don’t worry, there’s another turn ahead that’ll get us there.”

“Zero, are you sure it’ll-“

“Oh wait no, it was the turn on the left we just missed.”

“You need to tell me ahead of ti-!”

“Twi, you missed another turn!”

“ZERO!”

Back over to the Writers, they soon came upon the building the convention was being held. After parking the car and walking for a bit, they went towards the entrance. Showing the tickets Sunset was able to order online at the clerk, they went inside to see everything that was setup. As they all went in, they could see several stands and crowds of people in their costumes representing their favourite characters.

“Wooooooah, look at this place!” Eve chimed. “I’ve never seen anything like this before! Not even that one book convention my mother took me to!.... There weren’t that many ponies there.”

“Heh, yeah there’s a lot of stuff that’s humans do here differently,” Sunset pointed out. “But it is amazing to see stuff like this goes on here.”

“Blaze, you want to go around and see everything we could?” Eve asked.

“Sure, we can do that,” Blaze said. “Hey guys, did you mind if we-”

“Of course, Sweetie! You two go on and have your date already!” Sunset replied. “Your father and I will check out some things ourselves while we’re here.”

“And I’ll be getting all the merch I can get!” Sunday chimed. “I wonder what kind of cool Star Wars stuff they have here?”

“Well your mom and I are going there so you can tag along with- And she’s already gone,” Soul said.

Sunday had rushed off into the crowd and disappeared among it.

“Oh well, guess she’ll do stuff on her own,” Soul said. “Ready to get on going, Honey?”

“You bet! We’ll see you kids later in a bit!” Sunset said. She wraps her arms around Soul’s arm and walks off with him into the crowd.

Blaze and Eve looked towards one another before smiling. They both held their hands together before walking into the crowd officially starting their first date.

“Wow, this place looks neat!” Eve said. “And people come here to talk about their favorite shows?”

“Or movies, games, comics and anything else that they enjoy,” Blaze explained. “Conventions like these usually are just a place where everyone can enjoy their hobbies or interests with other people like them.”

“What’s something that you enjoy most?”

“Well despite my sister and Dad being fans of Star Wars, thanks to my mom, I’m a fan of the Star Trek series,” Blaze answered. “Mom would at times stay up during her days off and watch reruns of the series. I woke up one night seeing her watch them when I was about four and ended up watching them with her. Ever since then we’ve both watch the series together and go to any of the new movies.”

“Awwwe, that’s so sweet,” Eve commented. “I’m glad that you and your mother have something to fan over…. People say that, right?”

“Heh, not normally but yeah we would fan over them together,” Blaze said. “There should be a section for Star Trek if you want to check it out.”

“Sure! Let’s check it!”

Blaze smiles as he leads Eve off. The two shortly arrived in a small section of the convention seeing Star Trek theme stands and merchandise. Along with them were people dressed up as characters from the series having on uniforms from different series and as popular alien races such as the Klingons or Borgs.

Eve looked around marveling everything she could see. “Wooooooah! This is amazing!” she said. “Look at the designs of these ships and devices! It’s almost like seeing what it could look like in the future!”

“That’s what a lot of people hope that it would,” Blaze said. “Though Dad hopes that it’ll be more like Star Wars and has a real lightsabers.”

“Isn’t making a lightsaber almost impossible to construct?” Eve asked. “I mean the science behind it-”

“I know, I know, it’s an impossible thing to make since the energy would only keep extending out and not be limited,” Blaze explained. “However Dad doesn’t believe in that explanation and none of us in the family can’t either.”

“.... Your dad really needs to find healthier hobbies.”

“Mom tries…. They just get worse.”

The two kept on walking around the Star Trek area checking out the stands. Eventually they decided to buy a couple of uniforms and changed into them in the nearby changing rooms.

Blaze came out wearing a Next Generation era uniform having a red neck piece with two gold pips signifying his rank as lieutenant. He looked over to Eve’s changing room waiting for her.

Eve came out of her changing room and dawned on an original Star Trek dress. It was blue and along with a pair of black boots. She smiles as she gives a twirl and looks back at Blaze.

“Heh, you look really handsome in that uniform, Blaze!”

“And wow, you really look amazing in that dress, Eve!” Blaze said. “I think you would fit in the Star Trek universe nicely!”

“You really think so?” Eve giggles. “But I am getting more into this! You think anyone from the series are here?”

“I think there was a couple of Star Trek guests here,” Blaze replied. “They’ll be over in a different where everyone can meet actors and special guests.”

“Awesome! Let’s go check it out and see if we can get any autographs!” Eve said.

Blaze smiles as he leads the way for Eve. They shortly arrived in the area seeing famous sci-fi actors, video game voice actors and graphic comic writers. Looking around, the two walked alongside one another until Blaze saw someone. He blinks a few times before he walks up towards a stand and looks up at the person.

“Wait a minute, aren’t you….. Leonard Nimoy?” Blaze asked.

The man known as Leonard Nimoy looked at Blaze with a smile. “Why yes, yes I am,” he replied. “I presume that you’re here for an autograph?”

“I mean…. That would be awesome but…. I thought you were dead!” Blaze said. “It was all over the news! My mom even cried about it!”

“Oh dear boy, I know some people get too attached to many things but I have to point out that was just a movie,” Nimoy explained. “I only played as Spock and he died in one of the movies. But he did come back to life in the next one.”

“No I mean you were actually dead not your character, Spock!” Blaze pointed out. “There was a funeral for you! And-”

“Oh look at that! Looks like my dear friend Shatner is here!”

“Huh!?” Blaze looked behind him.

Nimoy pulled on his sleeve and showed a small device around his wrist. “They’re onto me, beam me up,” he said. A surrounding field of light appear around him before he vanished to thin air.

“Wait, I don’t see- What the!?” Blaze looked back and saw that Nimoy was gone. He had a dumbfounded expression on him.

Eve walked towards Blaze. “Are you okay, Blaze?” she asked.

“D-Did you see him!?”

“See who?”

“He was- I mean, he-..... Never mind,” Blaze said. “I don’t know what just happened.”

“Ooooookay?.... Well, there’s a lot of people I wanna meet! Let’s go get some autographs!”

“Yeah…. Alright then.”

Eve smiles as she held Blaze’s hand and leads the way. He looked back for a moment and scratched his head and shrugs.

“So what else do they have here? All I’ve seen so far is just sho- OH MY CELESTIA!” Eve chimed. She started hop up and down. “They have a Nintendo section!”

Blaze blinks and looks over. He could see a section of the convention dedicated to Nintendo. Having games from various series and cosplayers having on their favorite characters.

“Oh look at that! I didn’t know they’d have something here,” Blaze commented. “I’m guessing wanna go- Wait, Eve?”

Blaze saw Eve had disappeared from thin air. He turns his head back and forth before spotting her. Eve went into a large crowd making her way into the section.

“Eve! Wait for me!” Blaze cried and ran after her.

Eve giggles happily to herself as she looks through all the stands she could find. She would find one thing she would buy as her collection of items grew. What she was getting were plushies, hats, skins for her Switch and controllers, collector editions, t-shirts and older games. After getting several souvenirs and items, she had changed from her Star Trek uniform to having a t-shirt with a Mario logo on it, holding a plushie of a Rathalos from the Monster Hunter series, a lounge pants having the name Nintendo across the leg and holding a Capcom named bag holding her other belongings.

“This place is just awesome!” Eve chimed. “It feels like I’m in gaming heaven now! When I get back to Equestria, I am going to put every scientist pony I can in putting together games for the kingdom! All of my kingdom must know of this!”

Oooooh no, she’s going nuts,” Blaze thought. “U-Um, maybe you shouldn’t do that. That could make a lot of ponies curious about where all the tech is coming from and try coming here. You know, causing all kinds of trouble for both worlds.”

“Well….. Yeah, I guess that’s true,” Eve admitted. “But still this is awesome! Thank you for taking me here, Blaze!”

“Heh, glad that you’re enjoying yourself, Eve,” Blaze said.

Eve smiles before she gives Blaze a simple kiss. And I’m happy to be with you,” she added.

“And I’m happy to be with you too,” Blaze said. “And…. Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For being my girlfriend…. For being my closest friend as well,” Blaze said. “You make everything in my life so much better and for bringing me out of my depression. I don’t know what would have happened if you didn’t come here and attend our school. But it’s something that I never have to worry about because you came into my life.”

Eve smiles as she held Blaze’s hand. “I’m happy that I matter so much to you. And you’re my closest friend too,” she said. “I know that it’s only been a few months that I came to Earth but you and all the others make me feel so special. I’m happy that I came here and found something more precious than learning about this world. I found you and everyone else here.”

Blaze smiles happily as Eve smiles back just as happy. They came together hugging each other lovingly not wanting to let go of the other. Just as they stared into each other’s eyes and were about to lock lips, Sunday suddenly pops by them.

“GUYS!”

Blaze and Eve screamed out and looked at Sunday having frightened expressions.

“Sunday! You need to stop doing that!” Blaze yelled. “You scared the living sh-!”

“Mom wanted you to know that William Shatner is about to come out on a stage over there! She was wondering if you and Eve wanted to see it!”

“William Shatner!? Oh man, that’s awesome!” Blaze said. “You mind if we check that out, Eve?”

“Sure, we can do that!” Eve replied. “Lead the way, Stud.”

“Are you coming with us, Sunday?” Blaze asked.

“Nah, me and Dad are waiting in line to get pictures with Mark Hamill!” Sunday exclaimed. “..... Are you noticing a lot of famous people are here at this convention?”

“Yeah and I’d normally question that but today I’m just here with Eve,” Blaze said and held Eve’s hand. “Let’s get on going before something weird, disturbing or flat out freaky happens.”

“Yeah, good idea.” Eve held Blaze’s hand back.

Blaze and Eve head off together while Sunday went the opposite direction. As they walked, a large crowd of Star Trek fans stood around by a large stage waiting anxiously. Sunset stood by the edge of the crowd and sees Eve and Blaze walking to her.

“Good, you both are here!” Sunset said. “William Shatner is about to show up!”

The lights suddenly start up as they focus on the stage itself. Curtains slowly open up as they show a makeshift spaceship resembling the Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise. A ramp drops down and smoke spread across the floor before the man himself, William Shatner comes out. He waves at the excitedly applauding crowd as he walks up towards the front.

“Hello my fellow space explorers, I’m happy to come here to this great state of whatever it is we’re at,” William started. “Now have you ever heard of Priceline? They have great-“

“We want to talk about Star Trek!”

“Alright, alright, just hold your horses,” William said. “You’re just in luck for a treat today. Now I need one fan to come up here and reenact a scene from the original Star Trek series.”

The large crowd cheered while many were raising their hands and trying to get William’s attention.

Sunset already jumping up and down as she had her arms raised up high. “Me! Me! Pick me!” she shouted. “I’ve been a fan for years!”

Blaze and Eve both looked at Sunset with blank expression.

“Um…. I think today your mom is the crazy one in the family,” Eve commented.

“Yeah…. Yeah, that happens,” Blaze agreed. “When you’ve been a Writer long enough, you tend to be like them.”

“Oh dear Celestia, I’m dating one! I’m gonna be crazy in no time!” Eve jokes.

Blaze rolls his eyes.

“Hmmm, let’s see, oh! The bacon hair women in the back,” William said.

“EEEEEEEEEK!” Sunset chimed loudly. She bounces up and down before she starts to head up towards the stage. She climbs up as she approaches William and smiles brightly. “Oh Mr. Shatner, it’s such an honor to meet you this close! Thank you so much for picking me!”

“It is my pleasure, Dear,” William said. “Why don’t you tell us a little about yourself before we get started?”

“S-Sure! My name is Sunset Writer and married to my husband, Soul Writer! We have two children together, Blaze and Sunday! I’m a teacher at Canterlot High and I’m so excited to be here right now!”

“Wonderful! Now for the scene, we’ll be reenacting a small scene between Kirk and Carol talking about how he feels old and worn out from the Wrath of Khan!” William said.

“Ooh! I know this scene! Alright, I’m ready when you, Mr. Shatner!”

William cleared his throat. “.... I did what you want. I stayed away…. Why did you tell me?” he said.

Sunset smiles brightly as she felt giddy. She takes a deep breath and tries to control herself before speaking her role. “How can you ask me that? Were we together? Were we going to be? You had your world and I had mine. And I wanted him in mine, not chasing through the universe with his father. ... Actually, he's a lot like you. In many ways. Please tell me what you're feeling.”

“There's a man out there I haven't seen in fifteen years who's trying to kill me,” William started. “You show me a son that'd be happy to help him. My son. ...My life that could have been, ...and wasn't. And what am I feeling? ...Old. ...Worn out.”

“Let me show you something…. That’ll make you feel young as when the world was new,” Sunset finished.

“And scene! Mrs. Writer, you’ve done a brilliant job!” William said. “Have you ever consider being an actress?”

“Oh gosh no! I mean that would be cool to be one but right now I would like to continue on being a teacher at my school and soon I’ll be the principal!” Sunset replied. “And thank you again for doing this!”

“I’m glad that you enjoyed yourself!” William said. “And here, for being one of my biggest fans, I would like to give you this framed picture of me with my signature!” He hands Sunset the picture of himself. “Thank you all for coming here! Now if you all want to meet me over at the booth, I will happily meet you all one by one!”

William pats Sunset’s on the shoulder before he walks off. He went over to a nearby booth as several of the crowd went over to it. Sunset looks at the picture as she hugs it tightly. She walks back over to Blaze and Eve as she smiles brightly.

“That was amazing!” Sunset chimed. “I can’t believe I acted with William Shatner! This is the best day ever! Oh man, I wish Soul saw that!”

Suddenly Soul came up behind Sunset and hugs her tightly. “I sure did!” he said. “As soon as I heard him say bacon hairs woman, I knew right off the bat who it was and came over as fast I could!”

“Awwwe, I love you, Soul!” Sunset turns and kisses Soul lovingly.

“Geez, get a room,” Eve joked. “Anyways I think I’ve had enough of this place. I got all this sweet swag here…. Whatever that means.”

“I’m just glad everything turned out alright,” Blaze said. “No riots, no crazy stunts or mobs forming. This date is definitely-“

“Hey everyone! There’s only one plushie left of Charmander!”

The group felt the ground rumble as they looked over. A crowd of Pokémon fans came rushing towards them. Soul and Sunset panicked as they grabbed Eve and Blaze and pulled them into a booth. The crowd rushed by as other unfortunate people got trampled over.

“That was too close!” Soul commented. “All this over a plushie!?”

“Hey! Charmander is worth it!” Eve commented. She reached into her bag and held one up. “You can’t resist this amount of cuteness!”

“By the way, Soul, do you know where Sunday is?” Sunset asked. “I’m getting a bit worried. And we haven’t seen her that long.”

“Oh, she was just over in the Nintendo area,” Soul replied. “I’m sure that she’s alri-”

Just as Soul explained, Sunday came up towards the group running. She stopped in her tracks and pants heavily. “O-Okay, we have to get out of here!” she said. “I maaaaaay have caused some trouble!”

“Oh for God’s sakes, what did you do now?” Blaze asked. “Did you pick a fight with a Star Trek fan and started Star Wars is better than Star Trek debate?”

“Okay one, Star Wars is better than Star Trek!” Sunday proclaimed. “And two, I had a conversation with one of the Pokemon fans…. I might have said I think Scorbunny looked cuter and better than Charamander….”

“.... Sunday, I have been on this world for months and I know you would never say that to a Pokemon fan!” Eve shouted.

“Also I might have kicked the ring leader’s shin when the debate was heated,” Sunday added.

“This is why the debate team never let you join them,” Blaze commented. “That and you kicked the shin of the president of the club that time too.”

“Well he deserved that!” Sunday retorted.

The ground rumbled slightly as the group could hear yelling. They all looked to see a mob of Pokémon fans with pitchforks and torches as they were being led by one girl hopping on her leg.

“There’s the one that said Charmander isn’t cute enough! And kicked me in the shin! Get her!”

“EEP!” Sunday jumped and ran for her life.

“Okay, dates over!” Soul said as he grabs Sunset. “Now run like hell!”

Blaze and Eve panic as they ran along with Soul and Sunset.

The Writers and Eve all run through the areas of the convention. Pushing their way towards other attendants and staff members doing whatever they could to avoid getting caught by the Pokémon fanatics. They all saw the exit but Soul looks back to see the restless mob getting closer to them.

Soul narrowed his eyes and stops by the exit. He went over and kicks a vending machine. It pops out a soda can and catches it. He reached into his pocket and pulls out a Pox Rox candy pack. He rips open the pack with his mouth and opens up the can. Combining the two together, he shakes them up and throws it into the mob.

“See you in Hell, Pokéboys!” Soul taunted. He jumps out the exit door dramatically. Everything went by slowly for him as he imagined an explosion going off right behind him. Feeling that the full force of it would happen, he preemptively jumps in the air ready for it to carry him across. However he felt no force carry him and fell painfully on the ground.

“AAGH!” Soul got up and looked to see that no such explosion resulted from combining soda and candy rocks together. “Oh…. I guess using the Simpsons for references continue to be not a good idea.”

“Soul, get off the ground already!” Sunset shouted. She ran over to the side of her husband and helps him up.

The group made it towards their car. They looked up to see many of the mob were all caught at the door as they struggle to get out.

“AGH! I can’t get out!”

“Careful you’re squeezing me towards the side!”

“EEP! Hey! Hands to yourself!”

“Huh…. Well that’s convenient,” Sunset commented. “Anyways everyone in the car now!”

Everyone agreed by entering the car. Soul starts up the car and drives away with great urgency. They all let out a sigh of relief knowing that the crisis was over.

“That was too close,” Sunset said. “Sunday, I am very disappointed in you today!”

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean for things to get out of hand!” Sunday said. “Besides I didn’t start it! All I did was make a comment about it and those jerks were being all snorty about it!”

“But did you have to kick em in the shin?” Sunset asked.

“Yes! She was in my personal space so I kicked to get her back!” Sunday explained. “.... And then they formed a mob and chased after me….”

“If that’s what really happen then I don’t blame you for that,” Sunset said. “Hopefully we don’t get banned from the convention.”

“Until then we should avoid the Pokémon community,” Soul said. “They can hold a grudge for a very long time.”

“Agreed…. Did you two enjoy your first date?” Sunset looked back at Eve and Blaze.

“Yeah, it was a lot of fun!” Eve replies. “I got so much swag! Can’t wait to show off all this stuff to Nova and Star! And I’m sure that- Oh my Celestia! We never saw Zero and Twilight at the convention!”

“Where the heck are those two at!?” Soul asked.

After hours of constant changing directions and missed turns, Twilight and Zero eventually came back home later that night. They both came out of their car with tired and weary eyes. Walking through the front door, Star, Nova and Eve were in the living room together before they looked up at the two.

“There you two are!” Nova said. “We were worried about you two and-!.... Why do you two look so tired?”

“Stupid…. App…. Ugh, so slow and painful to deal with!” Twilight explained. “Our direction apps weren’t working right.”

“Really? Can I see it real quick?” Star asked.

Zero handed his phone over to Star. She looked up at the phone and after a moment, she nods.

“Yeah, just as I thought,” Star said. “According to their website, they're having some server troubles. So the apps are going to be slow and glitchy until the next hot update.”

“Ah…. That explains it….” Zero falls over on the ground and groans wearily.

Twilight closed her eyes and fell on top of Zero as she groans as well.

The three teens blink before they looked to one another. They all shrugged before helping the two adults up to their room for the night.

Soon it was bedtime for Evening Glimmer as she went into her room and yawns. She dresses up in her sleep wear before hopping in her bed. She smiles before texting to Blaze happily about their date together. At the end of their small conversation, she put up a heart and wink emote. Setting her phone away to charge up, she covers herself under her blanket and rests her head ready for whatever comes next for her and Blaze.

Author's Note:

Hello there everyone! Here is another chapter finally! Hope you all enjoyed reading Eve and Blaze's first date together!

See you guys next chapter!

Comments ( 7 )

I think that Scorbunny and Charmander are both cute!

If Blaze and Sunday Writer had voice actors, what would they sound like?

9979888
Hmmm, I've never really thought about it before. And it would probably take me a long while before I could find just the right voice for them.

9996601
Glad that you're enjoying it! And I would recommend reading the first two books! Those are consider my best work!

Can't wait for what's next! I love it so far!! Your other two stories were also amazing as well, so keep it up!!

So is the story over.

Login or register to comment