• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 3,356 Views, 115 Comments

Blaze of My Heart - BlueSun52



A somewhat normal high school boy goes to the same school his parents, Sunset Shimmer and Soul Writer went. Joined him on his adventures with his friends and sister as he discovers what it means to find that special someone in his life.

  • ...
10
 115
 3,356

Chapter 2

Science class had ended and Blaze grabbed his books and notes before stuffing them into his bag. Just as he was about to leave the room with the rest of the students, he felt a tap on his shoulder and looked back to see Iris with her hoodie on.

“S-S-So we’re p-partners n-now. I-I-I can’t wait to d-d-do it with y-you,” Iris said.

“Huh? Oh right, you don’t have to worry about that. I can take care of it myself and you can take the grade for it,” Blaze said.

Iris’s expression turned into a mixed of shock and confusion. “W-What? W-What d-do you m-mean?” she asked

“I prefer to work by myself on my projects so you can just do whatever. It’ll probably take me just a day to put something together,” Blaze explained. “So you can just sit back and relax.”

“....... N-No.”

Blaze looked at Iris with confusion. “Beg pardon? He asked.

“T-That’s cheating,” Iris replied. “I-I want t-to help!”

“Well…. I just feel a bit uncomfortable whenever I’m with other people so much,” Blaze explained.

“S-So do I and I-I-I’m willing t-to help o-out,” Iris countered. “P-Plus I-I would r-really like t-to know y-you.”

“.... You’re not gonna stop asking are you?” Blaze asked.

Iris nods.

Blaze sighed. “Alright, we can do the project together,” he said.

“Y-Yay!” Iris chimed. “W-Want to g-go t-to the l-library after s-school?”

“Yeah sure, I didn’t really have that much planned anyway,” Blaze replied.

“G-Great! I-I-I’ll see y-you then!” Iris said. She then grabbed her bag and put her hood over her head before leaving the class.

Blaze let out sigh. “What did I get myself into now?” he asked himself.


School had ended for the day and students were leaving of their homes. However a few students remained behind in the library to begin their studies or simply wait for their rides home. Blaze sat at one of the available tables and waited for Iris. As he did, he was looking through several books that he randomly picked out of the science section hoping to find a subject to use for their project.

“Hmmm…. A lot of this is good but I feel like I can do better than these,” Blaze said to himself. “What would make a great project?”

“M-Maybe listing o-off the p-planets?”

Blaze was spooked and turned around to see Iris with a large book. He looked to see the title of the book, The Amazing Planets of the Solar System. Blaze reached out for the book and looked through the book. “Huh, this could work well,” he said.

Iris made a small smile. However her smile faltered when Blaze was still looking through the book himself. “C-Can I-I look w-with you?” she asked.

“Huh? Oh right, sure,” Blaze replied without looking at Iris.

Iris let out a sigh before she sat next to Blaze. As Blaze was reading the book, Iris was looking at him intently for a moment before she decided to lean over his shoulder to see the book. Blaze stopped for a moment before looking at Iris.

“Umm… Why are you so close?” he asked.

“W-Why are y-you n-not s-sharing?” Iris countered.

“Because I’m reading it so I know what we need to write down for the project,” Blaze replied. “Besides if both of us read it at the same time, it would take us longer.”

“I-I’m a s-speed r-reader!” Iris said. “J-Just put d-down t-the book and I-I’ll show y-you.”

Blaze rolled his eyes before he placed the book on the table. Blaze keeps on reading while Iris smiled and she reads along with Blaze.


Down in the hallways, two boys were at their lockers grabbing their supplies and notebooks before heading home.

One boy had rose-pink hair that was combed backwards while his eyes were green. Wearing over his light orange skin he wore a dark blue jacket over black t-shirt, and blue jeans. He pulled the last book that he needed and placed it in his bag. “Oh man, it’s good to be back in school! With all of our buddies here and not to mention all the wonderful ladies around, hehe,” the boy said. “Right, Jingle?”

The one known as Jingle looked back at the boy. He had pine-green hair and bright baby-blue eyes like his mother’s. He wore a bright cyan hoodie with a t-shirt that said, ‘I’m on that diet where you eat everything and hope for a miracle’ and blue jeans. He smiled. “Yeah! It’s really awesome!” he said. “This is going to be a fun school! Any girl that caught your eyes, Kringle?”

“Well a few but nothing really eye popping yet,” Kringle replied. “I mean they are nice but there is this one girl that I woul-” Just as he was about to finish, something caught his eye and they went wide with his mouth hung.

“Huh? Kringle, what's wrong? You haven't made a face like that since you saw Jade’s skirt fell down,” Jingle said. “Which she said that was the worst day ever while coincidentally, you said it was the best day ever.”

Kringle grabbed Jingle’s head and made him in the same direction. Unfortunately a snapping sound could be heard and Jingle felt a sharp pain in his neck. But Jingle immediately forgot about the wensing pain when he saw the same thing Kringle saw.

They saw a girl with short black hair with a ponytail while having two streaks of pink. She had purple eyes and pale violet skin. She wore a dark maroon sweater and red tie along with a checkered skirt and thigh high black socks with dress shoes. What really caught the two boys attention was her figure which to them was a heavenly thing to stare at.

“Woah! Look at her!” Jingle said.

“Oooh…. Indeed. Do you know her?” Kringle asked.

“No way! She must be new!” Jingle replied.

“Hm, interesting,” Kringle said.

The girl past the two boys. Kringle and Jingle looked at her for a moment before looking at each other.

“She’s hot,” Jingle commented.

“She does seem nice. Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to the new student?” Kringle suggested.

“That sounds good! What’s the plan, bro?” Jingle asked.

“Easy, just say hello,” Kringle replied. He went up to the girl slowly before giving her shoulder a tap. The girl jumped a little before she looked back at him. “Umm… Pardon me, Miss.”

“O-Oh um… H-Hi there. Can I help you with something?” she asked.

“Oh, I don’t need anything thank you. I just thought you seemed a bit lost. Are you new here?” Kringle asked.

“Y-Yeah, I am new here and… I was wondering where the library was,” the girl replied.

“Oh, well it’s right down this hall, I’d be more than happy to take you there if you’d like,” Kringle offered. “I was heading there anyway.”

“N-No, that’s alright. I’m sure I can find it now. Thank you,” the girl said.

“Ah, alright then. Oh! I apologize for not introducing myself, my name is Kringle Justice,” Kringle introduced. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you, Kringle. I’m Eve.”

“The pleasure is all mine, Miss Eve. I hope you have a wonderful day,” Kringle said.

“Thank you, you too,” Eve said. She turned around and makes her way towards the library.

Kringle walked back over to Jingle.

“Wooooooah, smooth bro! You ask her out?” Jingle asked.

“Of course not, she seemed a bit scared and timid. I wouldn’t just ask out a girl who seemed uncomfortable. She probably has enough on her plate,” Kringle explained.

“Ah, alright! But she still seems really nice! Huh!?” Jingle asked.

“She does, I hope we see more of her. Anyways, let’s go home, Jingle,” Kringle said.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Jingle said.


Blaze and Iris continued to read together to which Blaze was surprised to see Iris keeping up with him. Each time that he had finished the last sentence of the page, Iris already finished and was ready to move on. Blaze began to think that she wasn’t completely helpless than she appeared to be.

As they kept reading, Iris looked up at Blaze for a moment before she spoke. “H-Hey, B-Blaze?” she asked. “W-W-Why d-did you w-wanted t-to do t-this a-alone?”

Blaze looked up at Iris and rubbed the back of his head. “I just don’t feel comfortable being around people for too long,” he replied. “Especially people I don’t know.”

“W-Well, w-we could g-get t-to know e-each other b-better i-if we t-talked a-about o-ourselves,” Iris suggested. “L-Like w-what is-”

Blaze held his hand up which stopped Iris from talking. “Look, I can get you might get curious about the mysterious guy and all but I really don’t want to get too involved with people,” he said. “I am willing to work with you but that’s as far as it’s going to go.”

“B-But…. Y-You said t-that w-we would b-be friends,” Iris said her eyes beginning to tear up.

“.... Are…. Are you crying?” Blaze asked feeling guilty.

“I-I thought w-we w-were friends,” Iris said and sniffed sadly. Tears streamed down her cheek as she was about to wail.

Blaze panicked and held her hand gently. “Iris! No, no, don’t cry!” he begged. “Um, ehhh, umm, w-we are! I promise we are!”

“B-But-”

“Forget everything I just said!” Blaze said. “Please, continue where you left off.”

Iris took a deep breath calming herself down before she wipes her tears with her selves. “I-I-I-I w-was about t-to ask…. W-What kinds o-of t-things you l-like?”

Blaze let out a relieved sigh before he scratched his head. “Well…. I’m a Star Wars fan almost like my dad. I do like watching them but dad kinda takes them a little too serious, heh,” he answered.

“I-Is he a-a bit obsessed w-with i-it?” Iris asked.

“Unfortunately, yes he is. And it drives my mom insane,” Blaze explained chuckling.

Iris lightly giggled. She looked at Blaze with a smile for a moment before looking down seeing his hand still holding hers. “U-Umm…. B-Blaze? Y-You’re h-hand….” A tint of blush appeared on her cheeks.

“Huh?” Blaze looked at his hand and his eyes widen. “O-Oh! Sorry!” He let’s go of Iris’s hand before he looks back at the book. “We should get back to working on this project. Who knows if we stay at it for a while, we could be done with the whole thing and have an easy week,” he suggested.

“Y-Yeah, t-that does s-sound l-like a-a g-good idea,” Iris said.

Just as Blaze and Iris were about to read, the door to the library opened and Eve walked in. She looked around for a moment before she saw a table with no one using it. Eve walked over to sit until her eyes caught the back of Blaze’s head and her brow raised.

“Wait…. Is it?” Eve asked herself. She walked a little closer to Blaze before tapping his shoulder. “Blaze? Is that you?”

Blaze raised a brow before he looked back at Eve. When he saw Eve, he looked at her in shock. “E-Eve?” he asked.

“Blaze!” Eve put down her books and tightly hugs Blaze. “It’s been so long!”

“Heh, it kinda has hasn’t it? It’s been like two years since we last saw each other?” Blaze guessed. He hugged Eve back.

Iris titled her head as she watched the two hug. She then smiled a little.

Eve let go of Blaze before she took a seat next to Blaze. “How have you been, Blaze?” she asked. “Last I remember everything was going good and you were excited to go to highschool.”

“Heh, yeah everything went well for a while,” Blaze replied.

Iris looked between the two and looked away not wanting to seem like she was intruding on the moment.

“So how have you been, Eve? I didn’t know you were coming here,” Blaze said.

“Yeah.... I wasn't too sure about it myself, but my mom thinks this is good for me, so.... I’ll give it a shot,” Eve replied.

“Ah, I see. I just thought that your mom would send you to a boarding school in Equeeeee…” Blaze looked over to Iris and remembered that she was still there. His forehead sweated as he quickly came up to change his wording. “Eeeeurope! Yeah….. Europe.”

“.... Y-You’re a t-t-terrible l-lair,” Iris commented.

“Please forgive, Blaze. He’s just excited to see me I imagine,” Eve interjected.

“Y-Yeah, that’s it,” Blaze said putting on a fake smile.

Iris raised a brow.

“By the way, who are you if you don’t mind?” Eve asked. “Are you a friend of Blaze?”

“O-Oh…. M-My n-name i-is I-I-Iris,” Iris looked down nervous. “W-We j-just m-met n-not t-t-that l-long a-ago.”

“It’s very nice to meet you, Iris,” Eve said smiling. She looked over to Blaze. “So what are you two up to?”

“We’re working on a science project for class,” Blaze answered. “Which is pretty much as fun as you would think it’ll be.”

“Glad to see that sarcasm of yours is still working,” Eve commented and smirks.

“Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-” Iris tried to speak out her words, going into another of her stuttering fits.

Blaze looked at Iris for a moment remembering what her sister did. He reached around to her back and gently patted her.

“Y-Y-Y-Y-Y….” Iris still struggled and chose to just close her mouth and go back to the book blushing in embarrassment.

‘Hmmm… Note to self, be a little more aggressive on the pats,’ Blaze thought.

“Is… She okay?” Eve asked.

“Yeah, she does that because…. Wait Iris, why do you do that?” Blaze asked.

“.... I-I was f-f-five b-before I-I fell o-off a-a-a l-ladder a-and hit my h-head,” Iris explained.

“But…. But it couldn’t have been that bad, right?” Blaze said.

“I-I w-was f-f-five and I-I still s-s-stutter,” Iris said.

“Oh…. I’m sorry to hear that,” Blaze said.

“Yeah…. That’s rough,” Eve said.

Iris hid her face blushing red with embarrassment.

“B-But that’s fine!” Eve assured. “What’s the project about?”

“Right, right, Iris thought we could name off the planets and give descriptions about each one,” Blaze explained.

“Ah, sounds simple but good,” Eve commented.

“It's kinda tricky because I'm not too sure if we should add Pluto or not,” Blaze said.

“P-Pluto i-i-isn’t a-a planet. I-It’s t-too small,” Iris explained.

“I know, but it was considered as one before they changed it,” Blaze said.

“T-The c-c-country o-of Russia i-is a-actually b-b-bigger t-than pluto,” Iris said.

“Really? Huh, that's interesting,” Blaze said.

“Fascinating!” Eve said in amazement.

“I-It’s d-dumb…. s-sorry I-I’ll l-let y-you h-have y-your o-own t-time,” Iris said. She got up to leave.

“Wait! Y-You don't have to leave because of me. I-it may be best if I go and let you two get back to our work,” Eve said. She got up and reached for her books

Blaze let out a sigh before he grabbed both girls hands “Okay, stop!” he said.

Iris blushed when Blaze grabbed her hand. She pulled her hoodie further over her face to hide it. Eve's eyes widened as she looked at Blaze.

‘I'm going to regret this... But I suppose it’s the right thing to say,’ Blaze thought before he spoke. “Look... We already made a lot of progress on this. So we can take a break for a moment, Iris. And Eve, you're always welcome to talk to me, alright?”

“A-Alright,” Eve replied.

“U-U-Understood,” Iris replied.

“Alright then,” Blaze said and lets go of both girls hands.

“Iris held her hand, her face hidden by her hood and only her red eyes could be seen. “S-S-So w-where do y-you live?” She asked.

“Oh, well you see, believe it or not I'm actually from England. And yes, I know I don't have much of an accent, but a lot of people there don't actually have it,” Eve answered.

“E-England? W-W-Where in E-England?” Iris asked.

Blaze’s widen and looked over to Eve hoping that she came up with something.

“Plymouth,” Eve replied. “Yes, I used to live there with my mother and father, my father being a defense attorney, and my mother a teacher.”

“Oh…” Iris looked down feeling disappointed. “I-I-I t-thought y-you might h-have been f-f-from a-another world d-dad t-t-told me a-about.”

Both Blaze and Eve were shocked at what Iris said. A wave of fear and confusion washed over the two as they tried to stay calm.

“How would your dad know about that?” Blaze asked. ‘HOW WOULD HER DAD KNOW THAT!?’

“W-Well, he c-competed i-in the F-Friendship Games a-a long t-time a-ago,” Iris replied.

“And what makes you think that is true?” Eve asked. “I mean, what kind of proof do you have?”

“Y-You know w-when B-Blaze s-said, “H-How w-would your d-dad k-know a-about that. H-He c-confirmed t-that it exists,” Iris explained.

Eve blinks before she narrowed her eyes on Blaze.

“What!? Don’t be ridiculous! I-I didn’t confirm anything!” Blaze said. Beads of sweat poured down from his forehead.

“Weirrrrrrrrrd,” Eve nonchalantly said as she wrote down on a book. It’s a magical book that her mother gave her so she could be in touch with her in case of emergencies, advice or just wanted to write to. ‘Mom! Someone is already onto the fact that I'm from Equestria!! I think this was a bad idea!!’ she wrote. ‘Please tell me what to do! Should I come back home!?’

Iris looked at the two of them before she turns away taking the planet book with her. “I-I don’t l-like l-liars,” she said and walks off.

Blaze lets out a sigh and looks down at the table. “Well, that went pretty well,” he commented. “Should I just go ahead and put down “We suck on lying” on our backs?”

“Yeaaaaah,” Eve said. “This is turning out to be a very good start here at school.”

“Look Eve, it’s not your fault. We both know that-” Blaze was interrupted when Eve’s book started to vibrate.

“Hold up, I asked my mom for help,” Eve said before she opened up the book and looked inside.

‘Eve, calm down and take deep breaths. explain to me exactly what happened,’ a replied Eve received from her book.

Eve takes a few deep breaths and writes down everything that had happened. She waited for a response for a moment before she got another response.

‘Oh Eve that's not so bad! she's probably just the daughter of one the people at the friendship games,’ Eve’s mother said. ‘Although... I only remember one guy competing, and he was a shadowbolt. I would think this "Iris" would be at crystal prep if her father is a shadowbolt,’

‘Well she's here....I tried telling her the backstory we came up with for me, but because of Blaze Writer.... that kind of went up in smoke really fast,” Eve wrote back.

‘Slightly not surprised... Just try talking to her about it! this could be a great opportunity for you to make a new friend!’

‘I-I suppose...I just thought it wouldn't be a good idea for people to know I'm a princess from another world…’

‘Well then try to keep it between this girl and Blaze! Though.. Blaze's parents and their friends know about me and equestria…. So their kids might know.... Regardless for now just worry about Iris, Evie

‘O-Okay mom.... I'll go talk to her about it’

‘I trust you, Evie. You can do it.’

Eve smiled a bit before she closed the book. She looked over to Blaze. “Alright, I think i know what to do,” she said. “And Blaze…. You need to be a better lair.”

“I…. Yeah, I’ll work on that,” Blaze said. “But we need to come up with a better backstory for you.”

“Deal.”

Eve gets up and goes looking for Iris. A few moments later, Iris was in front of the school statue as she read through the book herself with her hoodie over her head. She let out a sigh and wondered if she was being too unreasonable to her friends. Though she feared they may not be friends with her anymore. As she was lost to her mind, she noticed that someone was in front of her and looks up to see Eve standing there having a awkward smile.

“Um… H-Hey,” Eve greeted. “Look Iris…. I’m sorry about lying to you. I felt I couldn’t tell anyone about the…. Well, you know.”

“A-About t-the other w-w-world?” Iris asked.

Eve looked side to side before she let out a sigh. “Yeah, that,” she answered.

“I-I’m sorry a-about h-how I-I acted,” Iris said.

“It’s alright, I know that this is pretty big news to know,” Eve said. “I’m just shocked that you were able to figure this out so fast.”

“M-My p-parents w-w-were h-here and t-told me a-about e-everything,” Iris explained.

“Former Shadowbolts?”

Iris nodded. “T-They’re s-still S-S-Shadowbolts. M-Mom teaches m-music a-and d-dad is t-the g-gym couch a-and p-principal,” Iris replied.

“Really? If I can ask, why are you going here?” Iris asked.

“I-I w-wanted friends w-who w-would l-l-like me f-for m-me,” Iris answered. “A-A lot o-of people a-a-at m-my s-school only w-wanted t-to be f-freinds w-with me a-and s-sis b-because of o-our p-parents r-reputation.”

“Heh…. Then that’s something we have in common,” Iris said.

“Huh?” Iris tilted her head.

“I....I came here to experience a new world and make new friends… I have friends back home, but there are a few ponies who just want to be my friend because of my reputation,” Eve explained.

“.... P-Pony?”

“In my universe, most of us are ponies there,” Eve said.

“.... T-That i-i-is so a-adorable!” Iris chimed.

“Heh, yeah…. Listen, Blaze and I would appreciate it if you keep it a secret,” Eve requested.

“O-Oh, o-of course I-I w-would!” Iris said. “G-Girl s-scout’s honor!”

“Good to hear,” Eve said.

“B-Blaze, i-isn't m-mad at m-me?” Iris worriedly asked.

“No, he’s not. If anything, it didn’t seem to faze him that much,” Iris said. “Now that I think about it, he seemed sort of…. Off.”

“W-What do y-you m-mean?” Iris asked.

“Well, he use to be more energetic and would always make such bad jokes,” Eve explained. “But now… I don’t know. Maybe he just changed a bit since I last saw him.”

“P-Probably…. H-Hey, w-would you l-like t-to h-hang out t-this w-weekend?” Iris asked.

“To hang out?.... Sure, why not? I do like to get to know you, Iris,” Eve replied smiling. “You seem look like a nice girl to be around with.”

“T-Thank you!” Iris chimed.

“I better get on home, my host parents wanted me to spend time with them and their kids,” Eve said. “I have to say, they’re really crazy when they’re together, hehe.”

Iris giggled. “A-Alright, g-goodbye, E-Eve,” Iris said.

Eve got up and waved goodbye to Iris before she walked away. Iris got up and picked up her book. As she did, she noticed Blaze was coming out of the building. Iris went over to Blaze and spoke.

“B-Blaze?”

Blaze looked at her. “Oh, hey Iris…. Did Eve talk to you?” he asked.

“Y-Yes, s-she d-did,” Iris replied. “A-And I p-promise I-I wouldn’t t-tell a-anyone about y-you b-being a c-cute p-pony.”

“That’s very relieving to hear, thank you,” Blaze said. “.... And I’m not cute when I’m a pony.”

“I-I bet y-you a-are,” Iris teased and smiled.

“Whatever. Anyways, I’m heading on home, we can do the project tomorrow during lunch if you want,” Blaze suggested.

“O-Oh, sure! I-I t-think that w-would b-b-be a g-good i-idea,” Iris said. “A-And I-I wanted t-to a-ask you s-s-something.”

“What is it?”

“W-Would y-you like t-to hang w-with m-me a-and Eve t-this w-weeekend?” Iris asked.

“Umm…. I’m not sure if I-”

“P-Please?” Iris asked having her eyes puff out like a puppy.

“.... Alright, I’ll come,” Blaze defeatedly said.

“Y-Yay!” Iris hugs Blaze while his eyes were half-lid and sighed.

As Blaze let’s Iris hug him, he looks up to see a car which caused his eyes to widen and froze. The car itself wasn’t what made him froze up but the person inside it. His cheeks blushed seeing his mother, Sunset smirking right at him. Blaze panics and carefully pry Iris off of him.

“Well,there’smyride!Bye!” Blaze said hastily and ran off into the car. He looks at Sunset as she still smirked at him. “Don’t you dare say anything!”

“What? I’m just curious seeing how that girl was hugging you~” Sunset teased. “Did you already hook up with her-”

“Mom! Drive!” Blaze yelled.

Sunset snickered trying to hold herself together before driving away from the school. Blaze blushed deeply trying not to look at his mother who was still smirking and snickering. Blaze looked at the side mirror to see Iris waving goodbye. Blaze looked at her for a moment before he let out a sigh.

‘What have I got myself into?’ Blaze thought.

Author's Note:

Here we go! The second chapter and the official start of Blaze of My Heart! Hope you all enjoy the adventures of Blaze and Sunday!