• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 4,205 Views, 47 Comments

The Pony-Filled Life of Alexis Creek - NightmareMoon



What happens when Alex Creek meets 6 specific people who aren't exactly supposed to exist??

  • ...
13
 47
 4,205

The Answer's Getting Clearer

I smile, remembering the previous events. Everything will be okay, I repeat to myself. Everything will be okay… everything will be okay, no need to worry…

Okay, maybe I am still out of it. Maybe not. Either way, it’s not going to be okay. I’m going to have to deal with somepony – wow! I learn fast! – older and more powerful than Discord, that Celestia probably has never encountered, and I don’t know who he is.

Oh, yeah, and the curse.

Ever since the manticore told me about the horrible curse he’s put on me, time seems to be slow. I feel like I’m walking through molasses and, though I admit, it’s kind of cool, I feel absolutely terrible.

I’m thinking about all this when I hear a faint buzz – a teleportation spell, I remember – and I can’t help but turn around eagerly.

And it’s just who I expected, Celestia.

* * *

“So, let me get this straight,” I say, pounding my fist on the table, eye twitching. “It was all a hoax?”

“Yes,” Celestia says, a hint of fear in her voice. She’s probably scared of Lesson Zero happening all over again, especially because of it happening a few hours previously. “Somepony is trying to set us up. And… the reports of villages burning near Gryfinkya don’t help, either. I think they’re connected, but we don’t have much proof.”

My eyes widen. Something in my brain clicks, and suddenly I understand everything.

“What about Gryfinkya?” I asked, excited. Maybe this is the key! “What about the villages near the border?”

“They… they were burned.” Celestia said, confused. “What does that matter to you? It’s Gryfinkya’s business. Besides, ponies aren’t supposed to know this. We’re not releasing this to the public until the matter is cleared up. You’re lucky I trusted you to know this, Alexis. Anyways, we’re seeing them at court in a week.”

“Are there any… mountains, or caves, or good spots for hiding over there?” My brain was slowly connecting the dots, putting the pieces together. If towns are burning over there, he must be doing it on purpose, because I’ve seen an Equestrian map before. All the towns over there are far apart, so somepony must be actually trying to harm them. If he can use fire, he’s probably a dragon because other creatures don’t have such great fire resistance. Most, like ponies, don’t have any at all. If he’s a dragon, he must live in a cave or a mountain or some place dark, where he can hide and ponies don’t come often.

“There’s Mt. Gryjki, but it’s haunted, so they say. Ponies hear screams from that place, and it’s not somewhere you’d like to go.” Celestia frowned. “In fact, Gryjki means ‘fear’s ’ in Grifanic.”

I was about to say, ‘what a load of mumbo jumbo,’ when I realized that here, magic was real, and places could be haunted.

But another issue was on my mind, and I was scared to death about it. “Princess,” I started slowly, “I love Equestria, I do. But… you do realize, I have to come home. My parents are worried about me, probably, and by now police are most likely investigating. They must think I’m dead, or I was kidnapped, or I committed suicide, or something. People don’t just vanish into the air.”

“I understand,” Celestia said. “And, shortly after I saw you, I froze time on Earth.”

“Really?” I asked, surprised. “You can do that? I mean, you have power over the Earth?”

“Yes,” Celestia said, acting like it was nothing, as if she was saying, ‘oh, freezing time? Bah! That’s basic level magic! And Earth? What are you talking about? I have complete control of everything that ever happens!’ I realized, right then, that she was probably much more powerful than I thought she was. She raised the sun, and when Luna was gone, the moon and the stars, too.

“That’s all? Yes?” I asked.

“Well… yes.”

“I mean, isn’t Earth a totally different dimension and all that? How can your magic even get there?”

Celestia raised her eyebrow, and then started laughing. Meanwhile, I had no idea what she was doing. Finally, after she stopped laughing like a maniac, she wiped a tear of her eye and said, “they didn’t tell you, did they?”

“What?” I asked, more confused than ever – and that’s saying something, because even before that I was pretty confused. “Who’s they, and what didn’t they tell me?”

“The Elements,” Celestia said as if it was obvious. “The reason they were on Earth in the first place is because I had sent them to Earth. They wanted a vacation, and I was going to send them to Manehatten, but then my magic went all wonky and it sent them to Earth instead. That’s when I discovered Earth, but at the time I had no idea it was inhabited by humans. Heck, I didn't even know what a human was. I thought the world was filled with just, you know, ponies. For some reason, I wasn't able to send them back, but Twilight figured out a spell and they came back on their own."

"But why would your magic bring me?" I asked.

"I don't know," Celestia said. "Were you touching one of them?"

"No, but they were near me."

Now it's Celestia's turn to be confused. "That's strange, because my magic is refined. After millenia of practice, I don't see how it's possible to send the Elements to Earth in mistake or bring you coincidently also in mistake. Which means...."

"What?" I ask. Now that I think about it, it is weird that somepony's been messing with Celestia. I mean, she's Celestia, and anypony in their right mind wouldn't. Four words why: she raises the sun.

"It means..." she says annoyingly. Why does she have to build all of this suspension!? "It means that you didn't come here on accident. Somepony wanted you to come..."